Old Men and Young Tail - Page 7
 Talk About Marriage
  The Marriage Advice and Relationship Help Forums
  right
Forums - Online Counseling - For Therapists - Link to Us - Advertise  

    A Public Forum Provided by The Family & Marriage Counseling Directory
Register FAQ Community Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Men's Clubhouse Talk about life's dilemmas.

Like Tree70Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-08-2012, 09:49 AM   #91 (permalink)
Forum Supporter
 
EleGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 13,873
Default Re: Old Men and Young Tail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos Fan View Post
I think this is why so many were so freaked out by that news story with the teacher moving in with his 18 year old student and abandoning his family. It underscores a reality that no amount of social engineering can do anything to change.
And yet, were the teacher a female and the student a male people call her a 'cougar' and are pretty mean about her. I have seldom if ever read or heard anything nice said about older women who date younger men.

To me the issue of the 18 year old moving in with the teacher is two fold.. 1) it broke up a family 2) he was her teacher and hence in a position of authority over her. Other than that he was her teacher it's no more dispicable than any other affair.
__________________
Surviving An Affair - What Are Plan A and Plan B? 180 for Betrayed Spouses


To Create A Passionate Marriage - Five Steps to Romantic Love His Needs, Her Needs Love Busters
EleGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #92 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,638
Default Re: Old Men and Young Tail

We aren't all freaked out by this...personally, I already had my run at being a young chick. Now, I plan on enjoying being middle aged, then, hopefully someday an old woman!
CandieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:51 AM   #93 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,638
Default Re: Old Men and Young Tail

Some of the things the OP said made me laugh, that's all, like her descriptions...that's what led me to comment in the first place. Not because I am outraged about older men/younger women. It would be a more than a little hypocritical given my history.
CandieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:53 AM   #94 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: AZ
Posts: 58
Default Re: Old Men and Young Tail

Quote:
Originally Posted by EleGirl View Post
And yet, were the teacher a female and the student a male people call her a 'cougar' and are pretty mean about her. I have seldom if ever read or heard anything nice said about older women who date younger men.

To me the issue of the 18 year old moving in with the teacher is two fold.. 1) it broke up a family 2) he was her teacher and hence in a position of authority over her. Other than that he was her teacher it's no more dispicable than any other affair.
They may be "mean" about the cougar, but she would likely walk away scott-free or with a slap on the wrist in most jurisdictions. This guy waited until she was 18 and they're still trying to jail him, while national news shows have been running features on the whole situation for the past week. This has women freaked out.

Understand though that I'm not praising the guy. He's ruined his life, her life and his family's life. He's basically done at the age of 41. But the fact that he'd do that just to be with an 18 year old underscores something inherent in men and younger women that most people don't want to face.
Broncos Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #95 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: AZ
Posts: 58
Default Re: Old Men and Young Tail

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandieGirl View Post
We aren't all freaked out by this...personally, I already had my run at being a young chick. Now, I plan on enjoying being middle aged, then, hopefully someday an old woman!
No offense, and maybe you're different and I'm speaking generally of course, but women are deeply, deeply freaked out by the fact that men will always have at least some attachment to the idea of a younger female. It isn't that different from men being deeply freaked out by the fact that if they ever lose the ability to provide, their wives would at least consider stepping out on him or, if she's kind, divorcing him. That doesn't mean we actually do those things to each other, but the tendency is there buried somewhere. It's just one of those uncomfortable truths that most people don't want to acknowledge.
Broncos Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:06 AM   #96 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,638
Default Re: Old Men and Young Tail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos Fan View Post
No offense, and maybe you're different and I'm speaking generally of course, but women are deeply, deeply freaked out by the fact that men will always have at least some attachment to the idea of a younger female. It isn't that different from men being deeply freaked out by the fact that if they ever lose the ability to provide, their wives would at least consider stepping out on him or, if she's kind, divorcing him. That doesn't mean we actually do those things to each other, but the tendency is there buried somewhere. It's just one of those uncomfortable truths that most people don't want to acknowledge.
I am different. And I've already experienced being a young woman. Now there are women younger than me. It's life. Besides, I'm only 41. There are still loads of old bags who wish they were MY age!!!

CandieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:07 AM   #97 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,638
Default Re: Old Men and Young Tail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos Fan View Post
They may be "mean" about the cougar, but she would likely walk away scott-free or with a slap on the wrist in most jurisdictions. This guy waited until she was 18 and they're still trying to jail him, while national news shows have been running features on the whole situation for the past week. This has women freaked out.

Understand though that I'm not praising the guy. He's ruined his life, her life and his family's life. He's basically done at the age of 41. But the fact that he'd do that just to be with an 18 year old underscores something inherent in men and younger women that most people don't want to face.
Cos it's just nasteh....!
CandieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #98 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: AZ
Posts: 58
Default Re: Old Men and Young Tail

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandieGirl View Post
I am different. And I've already experienced being a young woman. Now there are women younger than me. It's life. Besides, I'm only 41. There are still loads of old bags who wish they were MY age!!!

I think this is the right attitude, for all of us I mean. We're all aging and it doesn't matter ultimately, does it? But I can say honestly, truly, that the most attractive woman in the room is the confident woman who knows what she's about and has gained a lot through experience. I've known even average looking women who have that "something" that puts them head and shoulders above much younger, prettier women. Accepting yourself is hugely important. I wish I could get my wife to accept herself more, because she's one of those women who has gotten more attractive with each passing year, but still worries that she no longer measures up.
Broncos Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #99 (permalink)
Member
 
Gratitude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 619
Default Re: Old Men and Young Tail

As my mother said, it would be different if he had gone off with a woman around her own age, rather than her being only 21 at the time.

It's more a feeling of being traded in for a "younger model".
__________________
Bears play fighting at the Romanian bear sanctuary
WSPA
Gratitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:15 AM   #100 (permalink)
Member
 
isla~mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 155
Default Re: Old Men and Young Tail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos Fan View Post
Understand though that I'm not praising the guy. He's ruined his life, her life and his family's life. He's basically done at the age of 41. But the fact that he'd do that just to be with an 18 year old underscores something inherent in men and younger women that most people don't want to face.
Don't forget she was his OW before he divorced... men leave wives for OW all the time, it's not entirely an age thing. Probably the one thing all OW by definition have in common is sexual eagerness.
isla~mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:17 AM   #101 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: AZ
Posts: 58
Default Re: Old Men and Young Tail

Quote:
Originally Posted by isla~mama View Post
Don't forget she was his OW before he divorced... men leave wives for OW all the time, it's not entirely an age thing. Probably the one thing all OW by definition have in common is sexual eagerness.
This is a big factor, especially for the sort of weaker men who leave their wives for other, maybe younger, women. I'm sure people get bored with each other and then this other person comes along and seems like she's into him. It's probably not real and won't last, but he's too dumb to get that at the time. That movie "Election" popped into my head when I first read about this situation.
Broncos Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #102 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 37
Default Re: Old Men and Young Tail

I have actually never been with a woman younger than me. On average, the women I have been intimate with in the past have been about 10 years older than myself. My oldest was old enough to be my mom (in her 60s). My wife was the spring chicken, a year older than me.
MickeyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:54 AM   #103 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 182
Default Re: Old Men and Young Tail

The Man should be able to handle n care both old and young big girls ...in case old and young femme are at hand..
Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:51 PM   #104 (permalink)
Member
 
SimplyAmorous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 9,353
Default Re: Old Men and Young Tail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halien View Post
Do you think the same thing applies when women pursue much younger men? I'm serious, because from my own personal experience, it seems like it is more of a "seize the moment" type of affair when an older, married woman initiates a sexual relationship with a younger guy. Its happened to me twice from 17 to 19, my BIL, and more recently my son. My son got the h3ll out of dodge when she woman initiated, but he is still dealing with guilt over their divorce. He really looked up to the woman's husband.
I think it is a very sad thing when this happens ... personally I would find it so demeaning to go there..... even if I was single. My guess is any older wife who does this is very unhappy at home and obviously not getting her needs met within the marraige, due to the husband being emotionally distant, or sexully rejecting... they have probably given up on love and..... Excitement is the next best thing, plus it boosts their ego if a young man wants them, the whole "milf" thing. (no different from an older man wanting a younger woman...boosts the ego).

Sexually speaking, from this hormone book The Alchemy of Love and Lust

...it says that older women (late 30's into 40's) and younger men are both in thier PRIME and well, would make the hottest lovers really, but that can only last a season (I think of Demi Moore & Ashton Kutcher).... How sad of an ending, though how could it not be predicted. I just heard Madonna (52 ?) has as 25 yr old boyfriend, I don't care how famous they are, I think it is SAD.

Even older men & younger woman are a better match sexually as younger women's drives have (generally) not been awakened the way they will be later in life by a Test dowsing......which I should know all about......and yeah, what I wanted more than anything else in this life.....during that WILD unrelenting spell.....if my husband could have been 25 again, so he could have handled my drive, that would have been pure heaven to me. But I worked with what I had.

Just goes to show...no matter who we are with, at what age, if this is who we married....we need to take care of our spouse -even if we don't feel the same, that is our answer, our lesson in these things.... young wives be there for your young explosively horny husbands--even if you don't feel the same, cause someday you just MIGHT feel EXACTLY what he is feeling - and will be kicking yourself the way I did.... and older men be there for your older wives when her time comes (at least my husband had compassion -cause he knows what that feels like).

These things can only cause that vasopressin monogomy bond - to rise within our marraiges.
SimplyAmorous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #105 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 991
Default Re: Old Men and Young Tail

Personally there is nothing sexier than a elegant mature woman who knows what she wants and how she wants it

Younger girls might be fun for a bit but a mature woman will give you good loving AND a great "pillow talk" conversation based on life experience and interesting topics.
__________________
I feel sorry for those with depression, mental illness, hangnails, bad hair, bad childhood memories, etc. I feel sorry for the visually impaired but that doesn't mean I want a blind person flying my airplane and my compassion won't make the flight any safer.

- Unbelievable
Sanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
In A Tail Spin IsleofBing Going Through Divorce or Separation 13 10-24-2012 10:57 AM
Too young to be without sex Young 1 Sex in Marriage 3 12-19-2011 04:42 AM
Not so fairy tail lilly_pie13 General Relationship Discussion 3 11-16-2011 01:56 PM

Member Area

Find a Therapist:


Sponsor Ads





Get The Family & Marriage Counseling Directory Help Guide via Email:
Name:
Email:




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:26 PM.



Copyright 2007 - 2013 © Talk About Marriage