I stumbled upon this Blog.... 7 Traits of a Real Man - One Fathers Quest to be a Better Dad
It just captured the essence & spirit of How I personally view the very best of MEN...
One of the blog replies said this >>
"This is truly a genderless list. If all of us could strive to be less self-involved and more outwardly tuned, we'd be the humans we all have the potential to be. Most importantly, the world would be a far better place for our children."
Now that I agree with .... Wanted to share this...
(I added the quotes & my own little addition with #8
– Integrity is more than being honest. It’s a lifestyle set on striving towards moral excellence. Real men say what they mean and mean what they say. They are the same person whether or not others are watching. They are trustworthy, dependable, and unwavering. 2
– Compassion is sympathetic consciousness of others’ distress together with a desire to alleviate it. In other words, you feel compelled to help someone who is hurting. Men aren’t often viewed as being compassionate, but it is a trait that helps us to become more connected to the people around us. Real men turn their compassion into service and work to make the world a better place. 3
– Real men are confident. Many people confuse confidence with arrogance and self-centeredness. Real men know the difference. Confidence is about being self-assured and self-aware. Confident men have faith in their abilities and knowledge. They don’t need to tear others down in order to build themselves up. They earn people’s trust with their radiant, inner strength. When a they walk into the room, everyone takes notice. 4
– Hardly a day goes by without a news report about some high-profile man who has been destroyed by sex, money, and/or drugs. Too many men lack self-control, but it is the foundation of a virtuous life. Self-control starts with focus and ridding yourself of distractions. Doing this isn’t easy because temptations lurk around every corner. Real men are able to tame their desires and channel that energy into positive pursuits. “Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude.”
William James 5
– Perseverance is the product of self-control. It is courageous resistance against difficult circumstances. Perseverance is only developed through trials. Real men endure the trials and emerge stronger. They never give up." "Sometimes you must cross a bridge and other times you need to burn it. But, always keep building one and never lose your faith in life".
– Bravery is the courage to do what is right regardless of the circumstances. Nothing is ever accomplished with an attitude of passivity. Real men stand up in the face of adversity. "Look at hopelessness in the face and say: "We are simply not meant to be together. Hold courage's hand and walk away".
– Today’s breed of young men loves to let everyone know how much swagger they have. They thump their chests and proclaim to the world, “I’m a Big Deal. Look at me!” Real men understand the value of being humble and letting someone else’s light shine. They realize that humility is more endearing than self-importance.
Humility indicates that you are ridding yourself of the poison of self-centeredness. Besides, humility softens the blow when someone knocks you off your pedestal.
Acquiring all of these traits takes time and dedication. However, our society would benefit greatly if all men strove to possess them. 8
.... A Real Man has Charisma, Passion, & Reliability
...A real man is not afraid to show his emotions - for he is secure in himself. A real man knows what he wants from life...and always puts his woman first. A real man knows how to treat his woman, and will go out of his way for her. You can put all of your faith in a real man, because he will not fail you. Although these type of men sound like they are from a fairy tale, they do exist. 9.
...Real Men Protect & Provide
. In the same way that most women are appear programmed to protect & nurture their children/loved ones.... Real Men are programmed to Protect & Provide for the women & children in their lives. Real men do
protect women & our society should back them up on it.
The physical-strength advantage that most males have over most females puts them at a huge advantage over women – advantage that, unfortunately, gets abused by some men. Thankfully, the majority of men are not like this -therefore we should be careful to not generalize treating all men as potential predators or evil. “All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.”
~ Edmund Burke
Your thoughts .... your own Personal List .... Please share...