Question for men
 Talk About Marriage
  The Marriage Advice and Relationship Help Forums
  right
Forums - For Therapists - Link to Us - Advertise  

    A Public Forum Provided by The Family & Marriage Counseling Directory
Register FAQ Community Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Men's Clubhouse Talk about life's dilemmas.

Like Tree16Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-25-2013, 07:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 655
Default Question for men

Do you think it is okay to watch porn when your kids are in the same room as you are if you just hide it from them? Why/why not?

I am referring to kids less than 10 years old, boy and or girls.
anony2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-25-2013, 07:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
just got it 55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Between Time and Timbucktu
Posts: 1,544
Default Re: Question for men

Absolutly NOT
just got it 55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 655
Default Re: Question for men

Quote:
Originally Posted by just got it 55 View Post
Absolutly NOT
Why?

What would you say to a man that did this, say you found out that your son was doing this in front of his kids??
anony2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,365
Default Re: Question for men

I would say call the cops. Get a restraining order against him. That this person is a unfit parent.
richie33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 655
Default Re: Question for men

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie33 View Post
I would say call the cops. Get a restraining order against him. That this person is a unfit parent.
Why?
anony2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,365
Default Re: Question for men

There is a rating system in the United States. Even in adult movies no one under 18. What he is doing is against the law. For you to even ask why is strange in itself.
Posted via Mobile Device
richie33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 655
Default Re: Question for men

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie33 View Post
There is a rating system in the United States. Even in adult movies no one under 18. What he is doing is against the law. For you to even ask why is strange in itself.
Posted via Mobile Device
I am asking you WHY because I want your opinion, not because I do not know why.
anony2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,365
Default Re: Question for men

I am out of this discussion. When kids are involved there should be no discussion.....get OUT of this relationship.
richie33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Shoto1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fla
Posts: 1,509
Default Re: Question for men

anony, your responses are looking a bit trollish here. The answer is obvious. If your kids are in the room then your primary role is parent. To exposed them (or risk exposing them) to porn is on the way to child abuse.
Shoto1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 655
Default Re: Question for men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoto1984 View Post
anony, your responses are looking a bit trollish here. The answer is obvious. If your kids are in the room then your primary role is parent. To exposed them (or risk exposing them) to porn is on the way to child abuse.
No, I am not trolling. I need opinions on this subject.

What would you say to a man that you know who does this or has done this or what advice would you give to him?
anony2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 9,330
Default Re: Question for men

These videos have sound. Also, what's the point of being in the same room with your kids if you're not interacting with them? Kids are a hoot and tons more fun if you pay attention to them. They see and hear lots more than we imagine.
It's not just needlessly exposing them to things they don't need to see and hear, it's wasting precious time you'll never recover. Most people don't have near enough time with their kids as it is. Seems a shame to waste it.
unbelievable is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 655
Default Re: Question for men

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelievable View Post
These videos have sound. Also, what's the point of being in the same room with your kids if you're not interacting with them? Kids are a hoot and tons more fun if you pay attention to them. They see and hear lots more than we imagine.
It's not just needlessly exposing them to things they don't need to see and hear, it's wasting precious time you'll never recover. Most people don't have near enough time with their kids as it is. Seems a shame to waste it.

I totally agree but for the sake of argument, let's say the sound was off or the person had headphones on. What would be the reason a man would do this, could it be that he just isn't getting enough sex from his wife?
anony2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
mablenc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Annie, please mail baby to: Danvers State Insane Asylum, attention Mablenc (the one with the whip)
Posts: 10,086
Default Re: Question for men

Female here but:
Because he's a creep bc he has no respect for his children.
Posted via Mobile Device
mablenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: new england
Posts: 239
Default Re: Question for men

Quote:
Originally Posted by anony2 View Post
No, I am not trolling. I need opinions on this subject.

What would you say to a man that you know who does this or has done this or what advice would you give to him?
Seriously? Because a man shouldnt have porn on his mind when he is in a room with his kids, its really that simple.

For someone to be able to do this shows he needs help. I used to and still do change the channel if Im watching an R rated movie and the kids walked in the living room. The two simply do not mix.
roostr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
norajane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,528
Default Re: Question for men

Quote:
Originally Posted by anony2 View Post
I totally agree but for the sake of argument, let's say the sound was off or the person had headphones on. What would be the reason a man would do this, could it be that he just isn't getting enough sex from his wife?
What does his behavior have to do with his sex life with his wife?

He can't find any other time to watch porn when he is alone? He can't masturbate alone in the shower, if need be?

What is he going to do if he gets turned on by the porn, which is the whole point he's is watching it for? Is he going to masturbate in the room with the kids?

No, if he can't wait until he is alone to watch porn, then he has a porn addiction. It has nothing to do with whether he is or isn't getting enough sex from his wife.
norajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question about the 180 cherrymamajb87 Going Through Divorce or Separation 7 10-16-2012 01:12 PM
Question regarding sex after divorce (question geared towards men) typewittyusernamehere General Relationship Discussion 16 06-30-2012 11:30 AM
Question for the men... How often do you need/want sex? I'mInLoveWithMyHubby The Men's Clubhouse 38 11-27-2011 09:48 AM
Question for you all joanne.kent Coping with Infidelity 14 12-27-2010 10:55 AM
He's Going to Pop the Question... TheOxRocks General Relationship Discussion 5 11-15-2010 12:37 PM

Member Area

Find a Therapist:


Sponsor Ads


Sponsor Ads




Get The Family & Marriage Counseling Directory Help Guide via Email:
Name:
Email:




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 AM.



Copyright 2007 - 2013 © Talk About Marriage