Talk About Marriage - Reply to Topic
 Talk About Marriage
  The Marriage Advice and Relationship Help Forums
  right
Forums - For Therapists - Link to Us - Advertise  

    A Public Forum Provided by The Family & Marriage Counseling Directory
Register FAQ Community Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Life After Divorce Divorce is complicated, and change is never easy to cope with. Use this section for help and advice on living life after a divorce.

Thread: Why I “dislike” facebook. Reply to Thread
Title:
  
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
02-16-2012 11:39 PM
Shane Jimison
Re: Why I “dislike” facebook.

Some time social networking sites harm people in their relationship therefore I strongly dislike facebook.
02-02-2012 09:20 PM
GreenEyes
Re: Why I “dislike” facebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope1964 View Post
I stopped going to facebook and stopped blogging after my husband's infidelity, for pretty much the same reason. I have since deleted my facebook and so has he. When people tell me to go see their pics, I just tell them I am not on facebook. Some look at me like I have 3 heads, but that's their problem.
LOL they do!!! I have friends that say I wish you had facebook because we never get to keep up with each other anymore...I'm like there's this thing called a phone...texting? Visiting? haha I also deleted my facebook, it was annoying and just all around bad for the marriage anyway...
02-02-2012 08:59 PM
carol
Re: Why I “dislike” facebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadwithouthim View Post
Facebook ruined my life.....its controlling and manipulative. I also believe that half of what you see and read is not true.
Posted via Mobile Device
Understand that how others judge you is about them! You have the choice to read or not. And you don't need an excuse.
02-01-2012 08:20 AM
sadwithouthim
Re: Why I “dislike” facebook.

Facebook ruined my life.....its controlling and manipulative. I also believe that half of what you see and read is not true.
Posted via Mobile Device
01-09-2012 01:48 PM
Jellybeans
Re: Why I “dislike” facebook.

Toto, it sounds like the problem is with you. Nobody is holding a gun to your head and "making" you be on Facebook (or any other social networking for that matter) or "making" you comment back to people. You don't have to give in. It's a choice you are making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotoWeRNotInKansasAnymore View Post
Truthfully, I don’t feel like being that person who compliments how wonderful everyone looks in their holiday family photo’s.
Then don't be. Delete your account and be done wtih it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotoWeRNotInKansasAnymore View Post
Most people want to share “happy time” photo’s and these same photo’s often make me feel worse about my situation.
Nobody can make you feel inferior w/o you giving power over that. You are responsible for your own happiness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotoWeRNotInKansasAnymore View Post
I’m tired of everyone always assuming that I am so strong and doing fine. This past holiday season was pretty crappy and want to just move on from it without any reminders of how fabulous everyone else’s was.
Again, it sounds like you are feeling bad, so when people post about their lives, you are comparing your life to theirs and it makes you feel bad because you, in fact, do feel bad about yourself. You say people are " assuming" you are fine when you are not. So have you told them that you are not fine? Most people can't mindread. If you share how you truly feel with your friends, then they will can better understand what you are going through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotoWeRNotInKansasAnymore View Post
I realize how selfish I am being, but do they really need to shove their happy memories down my throat also? Here I was spending over half of Christmas day alone and two friends text me, “Guess what I got for Christmas?” I would have loved to answer back with ‘Like I really want to know?’ However, I just did not reply at all. Although my lack of response still didn’t stop one of them from sharing.
Nobody is "shoving their happy memories down your throat." They are just people simply posting about their life on a website. You don't have to respond to them, look at their "happy memories" or even be on the website.

The next time someone asks you if you want to know what they got for gifts and etc, just be honest and tell them you are not interested in hearing about it. That way you will be sincere with how you really feel. On the flipside, if you get a bad vibe from someone, you can cut your friendship off with them.

It sounds like you are unhappy right now and maybe a lil therapy will help and sunlight. Don't think that someone's happy pics on a a website to means your life sucks in comparison. We are all at different places in our lives at all times. No sense in comparing.
01-09-2012 11:18 AM
Noel1987
Re: Why I “dislike” facebook.

yeah everyone have his own thinking i agree with facebook "often"
01-09-2012 11:03 AM
Hope1964
Re: Why I “dislike” facebook.

I stopped going to facebook and stopped blogging after my husband's infidelity, for pretty much the same reason. I have since deleted my facebook and so has he. When people tell me to go see their pics, I just tell them I am not on facebook. Some look at me like I have 3 heads, but that's their problem.
01-09-2012 05:26 AM
Dellia
Re: Why I “dislike” facebook.

I once didn't go a day with FB. Now, I see it as ridiculous and troublesome. There is no reason that I can't live without it.
Yes, it causes stress!
01-09-2012 05:22 AM
Sparkles422
Re: Why I “dislike” facebook.

FB is boring....
It is so fake, keep that in mind. It will not take the place of real friendships or life.
I dislike it because that is where my ex started his EA. It is a fantasy world, just remember that.
I wonder how ex is doing in his relationship with OW, who is married for 4 decades now? Weird stuff. On third motorcycle, too in last year.
The world is a strange place.
Keep smiling because you will have joy again. Don't know when, but we all will. I know this because life changes constantly. Keeps us off balance and on our toes to be the best we can be. That's what it really is about.
Live well.
01-08-2012 02:44 PM
TotoWeRNotInKansasAnymore
Re: Why I “dislike” facebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_t!me iz_best View Post
eh, their lives are probably not as wonderful as they want everyone to think it is either.
I've tried to convince myself of that very same concept.
01-08-2012 02:43 PM
2nd_t!me iz_best
Re: Why I “dislike” facebook.

eh, their lives are probably not as wonderful as they want everyone to think it is either.
try and take some comfort in that.
01-08-2012 02:40 PM
TotoWeRNotInKansasAnymore
Why I “dislike” facebook.

This is probably not the typical reason most people do not like facebook. Lately I just don’t feel like pretending everything is splendid in my life and I prefer to spend no time at all on facebook. Of course, there are those individuals whom insist you must get on facebook to see the newest photo of "whatever" they posted. Eventually I give in because I have run out of excuses to “check it out” and add my comment of how cute or great their newest family photo sharing is.

Truthfully, I don’t feel like being that person who compliments how wonderful everyone looks in their holiday family photo’s. Most people want to share “happy time” photo’s and these same photo’s often make me feel worse about my situation. I’m tired of everyone always assuming that I am so strong and doing fine. This past holiday season was pretty crappy and want to just move on from it without any reminders of how fabulous everyone else’s was.

I realize how selfish I am being, but do they really need to shove their happy memories down my throat also? Here I was spending over half of Christmas day alone and two friends text me, “Guess what I got for Christmas?” I would have loved to answer back with ‘Like I really want to know?’ However, I just did not reply at all. Although my lack of response still didn’t stop one of them from sharing.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Member Area

Find a Therapist:


Sponsor Ads


Sponsor Ads




Get The Family & Marriage Counseling Directory Help Guide via Email:
Name:
Email:




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 AM.



Copyright 2007 - 2013 © Talk About Marriage

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.