Strict Paleo diet for A/I issues?? - Page 2 - Talk About Marriage
Physical & Mental Health Issues Marriage and relationships are difficult by themselves, but coping with physical or mental health problems can make things even more difficult.

User Tag List

 174Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #16 of 183 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 10:55 AM
Member
 
Pluto2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,626
Re: Strict Paleo diet for A/I issues??

Happy, I was just reading on the thread, and I am so sorry you and others here are dealing with this.

Keeping my fingers crossed for all.


In youth it was a way I had, to do my best to please, And change, with every passing lad to suit his theories.
But now I know the things I know, and do the things I do; And if you do not like me so, To hell, my love, with you! --Dorothy Parker
Pluto2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 183 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
happy as a clam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,457
Re: Strict Paleo diet for A/I issues??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto2 View Post
Happy, I was just reading on the thread, and I am so sorry you and others here are dealing with this.

Keeping my fingers crossed for all.
Thanks Pluto!

These A/I issues are maddening. I've always been health-conscious, eaten a clean diet, exercised regularly, and still... THIS!!

It's so strange. I never had any of these problems until my late 30s/early 40s. No idea whether it's hormonal, genetic, environmental, GMO foods, pollution, stress... or a little bit of everything! lol...

"Love is chemicals masquerading as choices!"
~ Sandfly
happy as a clam is offline  
post #18 of 183 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 06:28 PM
Member
 
ThreeStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ohio. I know.
Posts: 1,656
Re: Strict Paleo diet for A/I issues??

Vaccinations have been linked to Autoimmune issues. Do you get flu shots?

"A healthy choice to enforce boundaries by walking away from a dysfunctional relationship has more to do with recognizing the likeliest outcomes than with wanting to punish or retaliate against one's wayward spouse."

-TAM member Moxy
ThreeStrikes is offline  
 
post #19 of 183 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 10:33 PM
Member
 
Blossom Leigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 7,348
Re: Strict Paleo diet for A/I issues??

I steer clear of flu vaccines. Just never made much sense to me.

I have three cysts right now, but not ropy ones Clam.

The day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to Blossom. - Anais Nin
Never underestimate the potential for things to improve in ways you cannot yet imagine. Karen Rohlf
Be soft as possible, but firm as necessary - Pat Parelli

Blossom's Road of Recovery and Reconciliation
Blossom Leigh is offline  
post #20 of 183 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
happy as a clam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,457
Re: Strict Paleo diet for A/I issues??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeStrikes View Post
Vaccinations have been linked to Autoimmune issues. Do you get flu shots?
No! The only time I got the flu shot (20+ years ago) I got the FLU... Big time. Laid up in bed for a week...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom Leigh View Post
I steer clear of flu vaccines. Just never made much sense to me.

I have three cysts right now, but not ropy ones Clam.
Blossom... PM me... they don't start out ropy... yuck...

"Love is chemicals masquerading as choices!"
~ Sandfly
happy as a clam is offline  
post #21 of 183 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 09:25 AM
Member
 
EVG39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Fly Over Country
Posts: 258
Re: Strict Paleo diet for A/I issues??

Happy, one place you might go and pose your question and get an answer would be the forum over at Mark Sisson's marksdailyapple Those folks eat "primal" which is a variant on Paleo. That forum is, or used to be very active. Bet your question has been asked and answered over there.
And one thing you might think about is to eat consistent with your ancestral profile. If you are either of Northern European or African ancestry like most Americans, then Paleo is going to very much agree with you. You can also probably tolerate dairy. Folks from the Mediterranean region have a more difficult time with dairy but grains are easier for them to handle.
Sounds screwy but works for lots of folks. And as long as it works for you, who cares!
EVG39 is offline  
post #22 of 183 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 09:32 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 195
Re: Strict Paleo diet for A/I issues??

Hi, have any of you autoimmune guys tried pro-biotics? friend of mine tried a course (10 pills a day for 6 days) and had a remarkable improvement in his chrons. Also mega doses of vitamin C and plenty of vitamin D
Julius Beastcavern is offline  
post #23 of 183 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
happy as a clam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,457
Re: Strict Paleo diet for A/I issues??

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVG39 View Post
Happy, one place you might go and pose your question and get an answer would be the forum over at Mark Sisson's marksdailyapple Those folks eat "primal" which is a variant on Paleo. That forum is, or used to be very active. Bet your question has been asked and answered over there.

And one thing you might think about is to eat consistent with your ancestral profile. If you are either of Northern European or African ancestry like most Americans, then Paleo is going to very much agree with you. You can also probably tolerate dairy. Folks from the Mediterranean region have a more difficult time with dairy but grains are easier for them to handle.

Sounds screwy but works for lots of folks. And as long as it works for you, who cares!
Thanks, EVG. I love the marksdailyapple site! I've been reading that site for quite awhile but have never posted on their forum. That's a great suggestion and I will definitely post my question over there.

And I agree with your dietary suggestions. I have never had a problem with dairy (can't wait to add it back in) but do seem to have MAJOR problems with grains. And I am of Northern European ancestry with a little Native American thrown in there as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Beastcavern View Post
Hi, have any of you autoimmune guys tried pro-biotics? friend of mine tried a course (10 pills a day for 6 days) and had a remarkable improvement in his chrons. Also mega doses of vitamin C and plenty of vitamin D
Thanks for the suggestion JB. I am taking a probiotic but not in the megadosing that you mentioned. That's very interesting and definitely worth looking into trying. I can see where that would probably be very beneficial. I do take lots of Vitamin C and D. One of my biggest problems has been with nutrient absorption, but I think I'm finally turning the corner on that as well since going total Paleo.

"Love is chemicals masquerading as choices!"
~ Sandfly
happy as a clam is offline  
post #24 of 183 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 09:56 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 195
Re: Strict Paleo diet for A/I issues??

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy as a clam View Post
Thanks, EVG. I love the marksdailyapple site! I've been reading that site for quite awhile but have never posted on their forum. That's a great suggestion and I will definitely post my question over there.

And I agree with your dietary suggestions. I have never had a problem with dairy (can't wait to add it back in) but do seem to have MAJOR problems with grains. And I am of Northern European ancestry with a little Native American thrown in there as well.



Thanks for the suggestion JB. I am taking a probiotic but not in the megadosing that you mentioned. That's very interesting and definitely worth looking into trying. I can see where that would probably be very beneficial. I do take lots of Vitamin C and D. One of my biggest problems has been with nutrient absorption, but I think I'm finally turning the corner on that as well since going total Paleo.
No probs Clam, not sure if linking is allowed but this is the site Elixa Probiotic ? Ultra High Strength Probiotic | 6 day Program
Julius Beastcavern is offline  
post #25 of 183 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 09:58 AM
Member
 
Blossom Leigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 7,348
Re: Strict Paleo diet for A/I issues??

I also have tried smaller probiotic dosing, and see a nice change. Megadosing sounds promising. Really made me wonder how much of our autoimmune issues are a result of docs not advising patients to hit probiotics hard after taking antibiotics. When I had our son I was given 11 rounds of the same antibiotic they use to treat anthrax, so HEAVY DUTY stuff. Not one mention of probiotics following dismissal from the hospital.


The day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to Blossom. - Anais Nin
Never underestimate the potential for things to improve in ways you cannot yet imagine. Karen Rohlf
Be soft as possible, but firm as necessary - Pat Parelli

Blossom's Road of Recovery and Reconciliation
Blossom Leigh is offline  
post #26 of 183 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 10:00 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 195
Re: Strict Paleo diet for A/I issues??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom Leigh View Post
I also have tried smaller probiotic dosing, and see a nice change. Megadosing sounds promising. Really made me wonder how much of our autoimmune issues are a result of docs not advising patients to hit probiotics hard after taking antibiotics. When I had our son I was given 11 rounds of the same antibiotic they use to treat anthrax, so HEAVY DUTY stuff. Not one mention of probiotics following dismissal from the hospital.
I think stomach flora holds the key to healing many diseases but not all probiotics are equal
Julius Beastcavern is offline  
post #27 of 183 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 10:08 AM
Member
 
Blossom Leigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 7,348
Re: Strict Paleo diet for A/I issues??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Beastcavern View Post
I think stomach flora holds the key to healing many diseases but not all probiotics are equal
Agree... I did a lot of research before buying the one I have. I think its why it has been so good.

The day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to Blossom. - Anais Nin
Never underestimate the potential for things to improve in ways you cannot yet imagine. Karen Rohlf
Be soft as possible, but firm as necessary - Pat Parelli

Blossom's Road of Recovery and Reconciliation
Blossom Leigh is offline  
post #28 of 183 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
happy as a clam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,457
Re: Strict Paleo diet for A/I issues??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Beastcavern View Post
No probs Clam, not sure if linking is allowed but this is the site Elixa Probiotic ? Ultra High Strength Probiotic | 6 day Program
Awesome! Thank you so much for this info. I'm definitely going to give this a try. I'll report back and give you an update .

"Love is chemicals masquerading as choices!"
~ Sandfly
happy as a clam is offline  
post #29 of 183 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
happy as a clam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,457
Re: Strict Paleo diet for A/I issues??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Beastcavern View Post
I think stomach flora holds the key to healing many diseases but not all probiotics are equal
You're very wise, Julius. More than 2,000 years ago Hippocrates said, "All disease begins in the gut." I totally believe it now.

"Love is chemicals masquerading as choices!"
~ Sandfly
happy as a clam is offline  
post #30 of 183 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
happy as a clam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,457
Re: Strict Paleo diet for A/I issues??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom Leigh View Post
When I had our son I was given 11 rounds of the same antibiotic they use to treat anthrax, so HEAVY DUTY stuff. Not one mention of probiotics following dismissal from the hospital.
IKR?

Western medicine is so compartmentalized, and honestly sometimes I think it creates more problems than it solves! I'm trying to strike a healthy "east meets west" balance.

"Love is chemicals masquerading as choices!"
~ Sandfly
happy as a clam is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Issues between my wife and my parents SDK8489 General Relationship Discussion 24 05-31-2016 12:49 AM
Issues leading to surgery ZDog377 Sex in Marriage 32 02-09-2016 07:42 PM
HELP -Husband and ED/diabetes issues Safari Sex in Marriage 19 01-15-2016 05:56 PM
A great resource on men's issues tech-novelist The Men's Clubhouse 0 12-26-2015 10:38 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome