Originally Posted by deejov
Is there ANY resentment going on? Any chance she would come here to read \ post?
I noticed she seemed down about a month ago and probed her and it came out that she was not happy and hasn't been for a few years. This from what I can see is in direct contrast to what I have experienced in her. She also said she has lost her libido.
When I spied on her facebook chat she told a friend that "something is missing" and that "I just don't feel the same way about him".
We have gotten into numerous fights about this (her unhappiness not the spying), most of them started as a discussion that progressed into a fight as I have a hard time not feeling rejected.
I'm torn as to what is really going on. My wife has had a problem with depression in the past (especially after a bad event in her life) as well as her thyroid. She is currently on a thoroid medicine (synthoid) but she is showing signs that it may not be working (though her DR said her levels were normal last November.
I want to believe it is medical and not her true feelings. The evidence I keep falling back on is:
1) She exercises alot and plays soccer twice a week and is on Jenny Craig but still can't lose weight.
2) Her other hobby after soccer is scrapbooking and the last time she did that was coincidentally the same night she told me how she felt. She used to scrapbook every night. I even bought the Criket machine she has wanted the last three years but she has barely used it.
3) She can barely articulate what she is sad about. She really had to think about it and then said "You snap too often at the kids and I think you drink too much". The snapping at the kids stopped that night and I cut back on the drinking but nothing has changed with her.
4) When this started she just had something bad happen with her soccer team that threatened to dismantle it. She was VERY sad about this at the time. The situation is better now but she is not.
5) No sex drive any longer. She has tried to convince me that she hasn't had one for awhile and that sex was just about keeping me satisfied but looking back I don't see it that way.
She never initiated it but she was always enthusiastic during the act and had no problem having orgasms. Always more then one (3 or 4) were usual.
Evidence it might all be me,
1) Just that she says it is.