Where the Red Pill fails men... - Page 26 - Talk About Marriage
Politics and Religion This is the place to discuss politics, morality, religion, and anything controversial.

User Tag List

 843Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #376 of 681 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 10:01 PM
Forum Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5,519
Re: Where the Red Pill fails men...

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Deidre* View Post
Would you say this is because men associate love with sex? (in a marriage or relationship)

I can't imagine it's solely based on a guy's biological drive? Although, I have a healthy sex drive, I don't fully understand what you're saying in terms of men's sex drives. I can't imagine 'doing almost anything' to have sex with a guy, so I might have to take your word on this point. lol
I don't think I can explain how strong the biological drive is for most men in good health, although it is supposed to decrease with age somewhat. Let me just say that it is analogized to "thirst" for good reason.

Some women find out how strong it is when they have to take testosterone for medical reasons. Their typical response is "Dear God, how do I make it stop!??"

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Deidre* View Post
From a faith perspective, I tend to see men and women as needing one another. This doesn't mean in an unhealthy codependent kind of way, but that we are different enough to need one another's differences, if that makes sense.

You've commented that you're happily married, does your wife know you are a RP enthusiast?
Yes. She does think TAM is a weird hobby for me, but then she knew I was weird when she married me.


Always remember the LD motto: "Sex isn't important!!!"
tech-novelist is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #377 of 681 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 10:05 PM
Member
 
*Deidre*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 3,178
Re: Where the Red Pill fails men...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithful Wife View Post
Your opinion is duly noted. We all know examples of many types of people with varying levels of success in their romantic lives. The people I've known who are the most successful are not what I would describe as RP or BP. They are just good people who found their match via following the natural attraction they felt for each other.
Exactly.

Every now and then, you fall in love with the most unexpected person at the most unexpected time. - unknown

I'm newly married
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
*Deidre* is offline  
post #378 of 681 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 10:07 PM
Member
 
*Deidre*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 3,178
Re: Where the Red Pill fails men...

So, suppose a guy honestly believes that he doesn't have ''what it takes'' to sleep with all (or any) of the hot women that he desires...what does RP do for someone in his situation? How does RP benefit someone like him? (Let's pretend for a moment that getting laid by as many strangers as one can, is a good thing to strive for.) lol

Every now and then, you fall in love with the most unexpected person at the most unexpected time. - unknown

I'm newly married
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
*Deidre* is offline  
 
post #379 of 681 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 10:20 PM
Member
 
Faithful Wife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 11,042
Re: Where the Red Pill fails men...

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Deidre* View Post
So, suppose a guy honestly believes that he doesn't have ''what it takes'' to sleep with all (or any) of the hot women that he desires...what does RP do for someone in his situation? How does RP benefit someone like him? (Let's pretend for a moment that getting laid by as many strangers as one can, is a good thing to strive for.) lol
Here you go....

Home - PUA Forum

There's a whole lot of things you must do.

You must "neg" her.

You must learn a bunch of things about "lizard brains".

You must learn that women don't know what they want, because "hamsters".

You must not be yourself at all, because "yourself" is a loser who can't bang hot chicks so obviously you must become someone else.

The someone else you become is all laid out for these guys...but it is a whole lot of weird nonsense, too much to list, that's why there are books, blogs, forums, reddit groups, etc. to teach you how to be someone you are not.

It is quite an extensive course of study.

Remember the goal of feminism: Making sure only alphas get laid!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Faithful Wife is offline  
post #380 of 681 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 10:25 PM
Forum Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5,519
Re: Where the Red Pill fails men...

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Deidre* View Post
So, suppose a guy honestly believes that he doesn't have ''what it takes'' to sleep with all (or any) of the hot women that he desires...what does RP do for someone in his situation? How does RP benefit someone like him? (Let's pretend for a moment that getting laid by as many strangers as one can, is a good thing to strive for.) lol
It benefits him by explaining how to improve his chances by using tactics that trigger attraction in women.

Here's a very oversimplified example.

Let's say there is a hot woman at a bar, who generally expects men to fawn over her and try to buy her a drink or the like.

So a man who ignores her while talking to a woman who is less attractive than she is makes her start wondering if her lipstick is smudged or the like. Maybe she isn't as hot as she thinks she is? To make up for this slight insecurity, she may take the initiative to start a conversation with this man, perhaps asking him to buy her a drink.

If he answers "No, but you can buy me one", that suggests that he must be of very high status indeed, since he isn't behaving like a "normal" man who would jump at the chance to buy her a drink. This will make her more likely to respond favorably to any suggestion to move to a quieter area of the bar, and he can take it from there.

Always remember the LD motto: "Sex isn't important!!!"
tech-novelist is offline  
post #381 of 681 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
techmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,082
Re: Where the Red Pill fails men...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech-novelist View Post
It benefits him by explaining how to improve his chances by using tactics that trigger attraction in women.

Here's a very oversimplified example.

Let's say there is a hot woman at a bar, who generally expects men to fawn over her and try to buy her a drink or the like.

So a man who ignores her while talking to a woman who is less attractive than she is makes her start wondering if her lipstick is smudged or the like. Maybe she isn't as hot as she thinks she is? To make up for this slight insecurity, she may take the initiative to start a conversation with this man, perhaps asking him to buy her a drink.

If he answers "No, but you can buy me one", that suggests that he must be of very high status indeed, since he isn't behaving like a "normal" man who would jump at the chance to buy her a drink. This will make her more likely to respond favorably to any suggestion to move to a quieter area of the bar, and he can take it from there.
This will only work with women who have low self esteem, the woman with high self esteem would not even pay attention to those antics.

Also, you are using the "less attractive "woman to attract the "hot" woman? You are no better than the woman who strings the nice guy along then becomes "hypergamous" and screws the "alpha" guy.

Game playing....

A warm body with an erection doesn't make a person loving. - Anon Pink

The grass may or may not be greener on the other side, no guarantees, however, the grass is always greener where you water it. - Lila
techmom is offline  
post #382 of 681 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
techmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,082
Re: Where the Red Pill fails men...

@Kivlor:

Stop saying that I stated "all men are rapists", unless you show proof, because I never said it.

A warm body with an erection doesn't make a person loving. - Anon Pink

The grass may or may not be greener on the other side, no guarantees, however, the grass is always greener where you water it. - Lila
techmom is offline  
post #383 of 681 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
techmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,082
Re: Where the Red Pill fails men...

Some posters who support the red pill theory are just spinning their wheels.

Give it up guys, it has no merit.

A warm body with an erection doesn't make a person loving. - Anon Pink

The grass may or may not be greener on the other side, no guarantees, however, the grass is always greener where you water it. - Lila
techmom is offline  
post #384 of 681 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 10:40 PM
Forum Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5,519
Re: Where the Red Pill fails men...

Quote:
Originally Posted by techmom View Post
This will only work with women who have low self esteem, the woman with high self esteem would not even pay attention to those antics.

Also, you are using the "less attractive "woman to attract the "hot" woman? You are no better than the woman who strings the nice guy along then becomes "hypergamous" and screws the "alpha" guy.

Game playing....
I'm not doing any of this. I'm happily married and don't go to bars.

I was answering @*Deidre* 's question about how RP could help men by giving a hypothetical example.

Always remember the LD motto: "Sex isn't important!!!"

Last edited by tech-novelist; 09-23-2016 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Misspelled *Deidre*
tech-novelist is offline  
post #385 of 681 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 10:52 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Rural Midwest
Posts: 3,275
Re: Where the Red Pill fails men...

Quote:
Originally Posted by techmom View Post
@Kivlor:

Stop saying that I stated "all men are rapists", unless you show proof, because I never said it.
Wait, I have to substantiate claims? I thought you believe the victim. It's almost like you can't be held to your own principles

Why should I have to back up my accusations techmom?

(I think this can actually be a teachable moment for everyone on this thread. And once you demonstrate the why, I will gladly quote you back to everyone here.)
Posted via Mobile Device

Kivlor is offline  
post #386 of 681 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
techmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,082
Re: Where the Red Pill fails men...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kivlor View Post
Wait, I have to substantiate claims? I thought you believe the victim. It's almost like you can't be held to your own principles

Why should I have to back up my accusations techmom?

(I think this can actually be a teachable moment for everyone on this thread. And once you demonstrate the why, I will gladly quote you back to everyone here.)
Posted via Mobile Device
Someone has to concentrate on reading comprehension....

Everyone who reads this thread knows I didn't say that all men are rapists, stop using straw men.

Evidently you have nothing to back up your arguments for red pill theory, when you cling to this...

I'm not the "meanie feminist", I'm a proud feminist.

A warm body with an erection doesn't make a person loving. - Anon Pink

The grass may or may not be greener on the other side, no guarantees, however, the grass is always greener where you water it. - Lila
techmom is offline  
post #387 of 681 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
techmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,082
Re: Where the Red Pill fails men...

Not all men: How discussing women?s issues gets derailed.

A warm body with an erection doesn't make a person loving. - Anon Pink

The grass may or may not be greener on the other side, no guarantees, however, the grass is always greener where you water it. - Lila
techmom is offline  
post #388 of 681 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 11:18 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Rural Midwest
Posts: 3,275
Re: Where the Red Pill fails men...

Quote:
Originally Posted by techmom View Post
Someone has to concentrate on reading comprehension....

Everyone who reads this thread knows I didn't say that all men are rapists, stop using straw men.

Evidently you have nothing to back up your arguments for red pill theory, when you cling to this...

I'm not the "meanie feminist", I'm a proud feminist.
I can and will gladly substantiate my claim. All i ask is that you either explain why you won't believe the victim in this instance--and why everyone else here shouldn't presume your guilt. Or if you recant your presumption of guilt stance.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kivlor is offline  
post #389 of 681 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 11:27 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 937
Re: Where the Red Pill fails men...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithful Wife View Post
When you are a great sexual match with someone, then you will both be naturally motivated to do things that keep making sex fun.

For couples who were a sexual mismatch from the get go....what do they expect, that it will magically turn into a great match? Pretty sure it won't. And then when it doesn't happen, they are disillusioned, they blame the entire other gender, they go online to find ranting raving lunatics who encourage them to disregard the entire other gender.....instead of saying to themselves "yeah, I am the one who willingly married someone I knew was a sexual mismatch for me, so what did I expect?"

I think people spend too much time trying to figure out how it "wasn't their fault" instead of looking for the real answers they need, such as "why did I delude myself and then try to blame everyone else for it?"
Or better still, "why did I pretend to be someone I'm not until the ring was on, and then revert to 'true?'" I am sure many failed marriages were based on people thinking they were sexually compatible, but really weren't. And it isn't always deliberate deception. People are on their best behaviour, until they relax a few years in. People's libido changes over time. People don't communicate well. People discover new things about themselves. And people can even recognize that there is a sexual mismatch but assume it will work itself out over time because the rest of the compatibility is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech-novelist View Post
As for how attractive men find women, most men find most women attractive enough that those men are interested in sex with those women. Of course they would prefer more attractive women to less attractive women, all else being equal; that's the definition of "attractive". But most men aren't nearly as selective as most women are in this regard.
I've read that women's selectivity relies on many factors, and attractiveness and wealth are only a few. They also have to weigh possible benefits against the possible drawbacks. The man may be handsome, but will he be skilled and reciprocate? Will the experience be pleasant or will she just be used? The man may be wealthy, but will her reputation take a hit? What's his attitude; will she be safe if she leaves with him? If something goes horribly wrong and she ends up pregnant, will he take responsibility? But I guess if he's attractive and wealthy enough, this overtakes the other factors. Or alcohol messes up their judgment. I'm more of a going my own way type than PUA, but don't they focus on the bar scene?
Hopeful Cynic is offline  
post #390 of 681 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
techmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,082
Re: Where the Red Pill fails men...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kivlor View Post
I can and will gladly substantiate my claim. All i ask is that you either explain why you won't believe the victim in this instance--and why everyone else here shouldn't presume your guilt. Or if you recant your presumption of guilt stance.
Posted via Mobile Device
I do not know what you are talking about.

A warm body with an erection doesn't make a person loving. - Anon Pink

The grass may or may not be greener on the other side, no guarantees, however, the grass is always greener where you water it. - Lila
techmom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ladies, how do you view men in the past? Kalpnisis The Ladies' Lounge 17 02-05-2017 03:01 PM
Are there that many Jack A$$ men think positive The Ladies' Lounge 106 01-11-2017 01:23 AM
Sending red roses memyselfandi General Relationship Discussion 24 04-17-2016 07:37 PM
Can anybody find me somebody to love? misslonelyheart General Relationship Discussion 300 04-12-2016 08:17 AM
Is mgtow for real? VHVGN The Men's Clubhouse 1230 12-17-2015 09:35 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome