Donald Trump's Tax "Evasion" - Page 7 - Talk About Marriage
Politics and Religion This is the place to discuss politics, morality, religion, and anything controversial.

User Tag List

 242Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #91 of 181 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 10:40 AM
Forum Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5,500
Re: Donald Trump's Tax "Evasion"

Quote:
Originally Posted by john117 View Post
Could have fooled me. A well known US agency that deals with space paid for my MA degree... The research work DD2 is working on is federally funded... And my wife works on Obamacare
All federal spending is spent on something.

People with their snouts in the trough tend to vote for more slops in the trough.

Hence the infamous "47%" comment.

Fortunately there's no limit on how much the government can tax some people to give to other people, so this can increase until it gets to 100%. Right?


Always remember the LD motto: "Sex isn't important!!!"
tech-novelist is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 181 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 10:42 AM
Forum Supporter
 
Haiku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 3,339
Re: Donald Trump's Tax "Evasion"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech-novelist View Post
Would you sign a contract that contained these terms?
Taking part in any society you have given your implied consent to follow the social laws.

No matter how fresh and profound you think your taxation is theft point is...it's proven over and over to be rubbish.
Haiku is offline  
post #93 of 181 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 10:45 AM
Forum Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5,500
Re: Donald Trump's Tax "Evasion"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku View Post
Taking part in any society you have given your implied consent to follow the social laws.

No matter how fresh and profound you think your taxation is theft point is...it's proven over and over to be rubbish.
If by "rubbish" you mean "true", you are right.

I notice that you didn't argue with me about the fact that no one would sign such a contract. I assume that means you have no argument to make, so therefore I win.

Always remember the LD motto: "Sex isn't important!!!"
tech-novelist is online now  
 
post #94 of 181 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 10:52 AM
Forum Supporter
 
Haiku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 3,339
Re: Donald Trump's Tax "Evasion"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech-novelist View Post
If by "rubbish" you mean "true", you are right.

I notice that you didn't argue with me about the fact that no one would sign such a contract. I assume that means you have no argument to make, so therefore I win.
You got me. I waving a white flag now.
Haiku is offline  
post #95 of 181 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 10:53 AM
Moderator
 
farsidejunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 7,370
Re: Donald Trump's Tax "Evasion"

Quote:
Originally Posted by john117 View Post
Because we can't read paychecks so we are ignorant of what we are paying.... And we need a Messiah to tell us

My hometown pays some pretty steep property taxes (1 to 1.25 % of assessed value per year). But we get awesome paybacks like nationally ranked schools, quality of life, and such.

At the federal level it's the same. It's not like France or Germany, granted, but it's not money down the toilet either. Could be better, and hopefully it will be.

Why is it that places with low taxes in the USA generally suck and places with high taxes are popular? How many people would choose California over the Appalachian region?
A lack of taxation may have a correlation to a lower standard of living, but there is no causation. Come on, John. You're smarter than that.

Appalachia is low-hanging fruit. Try applying that to areas were geography does not have such a huge impact on commerce and development.

"Our ability to feel joy is directly related to how much pain we are willing to feel." - Mavash.

"The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for." - Bob Marley
farsidejunky is online now  
post #96 of 181 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 04:31 PM
Member
 
Anon Pink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 10,064
Re: Donald Trump's Tax "Evasion"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech-novelist View Post
Hillary has demonstrated a thorough bone deep disrespect of all the women that Bill has screwed and/or sexually assaulted while married to her, in attempting to smear them as "nuts and ****s" to deflect from his actions. Of course that doesn't matter because... patriarchy?

If you are attempting place HRC's attacks on women who were screwing her husband in the same category as Trump denigrating and objectifying ALL women, as if they are the same thing I suggest you go spend some time in CWI.





Quote:
Yes, it can be denied. I deny it. It would be far more accurate to say that she has spent her entire life attempting to gather as much wealth and power to herself as possible, no matter who gets trampled in the process.

No matter who gets trampled in the process, you mean like how Trump doesn't pay his bills and declares bankruptcy so his debt doesn't interfere with his other assets? How about those people Trump never paid?

Attempting to gather wealth....? Trump has only EVER attempted to gather wealth yet has NEVER lifted a finger for anyone but himself.

I know you like to stick your fingers in your ears and sing la la la instead of hearing....so I've got it written down for you. Here are some of the things HRC has been doing with her life as she attempted to gather wealth.

Appointed to Senator Walter Mondale's Subcommittee on Migratory Labor.
•Co-founded Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families
•Staff attorney for Children's Defense Fund
•Faculty member in the School of Law at the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville
•Former Director of the Arkansas Legal Aid Clinic.
•First female chair of the Legal Services Corporation
•Former Law Professor at the University of Arkansas School of Law.
•Chair of the American Bar Association's Commission on Women in the Profession
•created Arkansas's Home Instruction Program for Preschool Youth
•led a task force that reformed Arkansas's education system
•Instrumental in passage of the State Children's Health Insurance Program
•Promoted nationwide immunization against childhood illnesses
•Successfully sought to increase research funding for prostate cancer and childhood asthma at the National Institutes of Health
•Worked to investigate reports of an illness that affected veterans of the Gulf War (now recognized as Gulf War Syndrome)
•Helped create the Office on Violence Against Women at the Department of Justice
•Initiated and shepherded the Adoption and Safe Families Act
•Helped create Vital Voices, an international initiative to promote the participation of women in the political processes of their countries.
•Served on five Senate committees:
-Committee on Budget (2001–2002)
-Committee on Armed Services (2003–2009)
-Committee on Environment and Public Works (2001–2009)
-Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (2001–2009)
-Special Committee on Aging.
•Instrumental in securing $21 billion in funding for the World Trade Center site's redevelopment
•Leading role in investigating the health issues faced by 9/11 first responders.
•In the aftermath of September 11th, she worked closely with her senior Senate counterpart from New York, Sen. Charles Schumer, on securing $21.4 billion in funding for the World Trade Center redevelopment.
• Middle East ceasefire. In November 2012, Secretary of State Clinton brokered a ceasefire deal between Israel and Hamas.
•Introduced the Family Entertainment Protection Act, intended to protect children from inappropriate content found in video games.
•Two-term New York Senator

"Some women are blessed with multi-orgasmic ability for a reason and I'm damn sure not going to waste a blessing" ~FrenchFry


"Vaginas are tricky creatures." ~Lucy999
Anon Pink is offline  
post #97 of 181 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 04:35 PM
Member
 
Anon Pink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 10,064
Re: Donald Trump's Tax "Evasion"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech-novelist View Post
If by "rubbish" you mean "true", you are right.

I notice that you didn't argue with me about the fact that no one would sign such a contract. I assume that means you have no argument to make, so therefore I win.
Actually, people sign contracts like that all the time; homeowners associations, condo associations, village associations. If you want to live in a home with an active home owners association, you have to sign the legally binding contract stating you agree to abide by the rules AND you agree to pay the HOA fee.

"Some women are blessed with multi-orgasmic ability for a reason and I'm damn sure not going to waste a blessing" ~FrenchFry


"Vaginas are tricky creatures." ~Lucy999
Anon Pink is offline  
post #98 of 181 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 04:41 PM
Forum Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5,500
Re: Donald Trump's Tax "Evasion"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon Pink View Post
If you are attempting place HRC's attacks on women who were screwing her husband in the same category as Trump denigrating and objectifying ALL women, as if they are the same thing I suggest you go spend some time in CWI.
But Trump doesn't claim to be an "advocate for women" (although he has hired plenty of women for important positions), whereas HRC does. Her vicious attacks on women who made the terrible mistake of having an affair with her husband, much less being sexually assaulted by him, disqualify her as an "advocate for women".

Hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon Pink View Post

No matter who gets trampled in the process, you mean like how Trump doesn't pay his bills and declares bankruptcy so his debt doesn't interfere with his other assets? How about those people Trump never paid?

Attempting to gather wealth....? Trump has only EVER attempted to gather wealth yet has NEVER lifted a finger for anyone but himself.

I know you like to stick your fingers in your ears and sing la la la instead of hearing....so I've got it written down for you. Here are some of the things HRC has been doing with her life as she attempted to gather wealth.

Appointed to Senator Walter Mondale's Subcommittee on Migratory Labor.
•Co-founded Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families
•Staff attorney for Children's Defense Fund
•Faculty member in the School of Law at the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville
•Former Director of the Arkansas Legal Aid Clinic.
•First female chair of the Legal Services Corporation
•Former Law Professor at the University of Arkansas School of Law.
•Chair of the American Bar Association's Commission on Women in the Profession
•created Arkansas's Home Instruction Program for Preschool Youth
•led a task force that reformed Arkansas's education system
•Instrumental in passage of the State Children's Health Insurance Program
•Promoted nationwide immunization against childhood illnesses
•Successfully sought to increase research funding for prostate cancer and childhood asthma at the National Institutes of Health
•Worked to investigate reports of an illness that affected veterans of the Gulf War (now recognized as Gulf War Syndrome)
•Helped create the Office on Violence Against Women at the Department of Justice
•Initiated and shepherded the Adoption and Safe Families Act
•Helped create Vital Voices, an international initiative to promote the participation of women in the political processes of their countries.
•Served on five Senate committees:
-Committee on Budget (2001–2002)
-Committee on Armed Services (2003–2009)
-Committee on Environment and Public Works (2001–2009)
-Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (2001–2009)
-Special Committee on Aging.
•Instrumental in securing $21 billion in funding for the World Trade Center site's redevelopment
•Leading role in investigating the health issues faced by 9/11 first responders.
•In the aftermath of September 11th, she worked closely with her senior Senate counterpart from New York, Sen. Charles Schumer, on securing $21.4 billion in funding for the World Trade Center redevelopment.
• Middle East ceasefire. In November 2012, Secretary of State Clinton brokered a ceasefire deal between Israel and Hamas.
•Introduced the Family Entertainment Protection Act, intended to protect children from inappropriate content found in video games.
•Two-term New York Senator
Yes, she has been appointed to a lot of committees (and appointed Secretary of State), and elected to the Senate.

But none of those things have done anything significant for women, although they did produce a lot of talk.

On the other hand, she and Bill are now extremely wealthy without ever having a company or job that paid enough for them to accumulate so much wealth. How exactly did they do that?

In case you really don't know, I'll tell you: she has sold her public office to the most vicious regimes and companies, including Saudi Arabia and Monsanto.

And that was while she was limited by just being a Senator and Secretary of State. Imagine how rich she could become by selling the powers of the US Presidency. She will easily be richer than Donald Trump if she gets to do that!

Always remember the LD motto: "Sex isn't important!!!"
tech-novelist is online now  
post #99 of 181 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 04:43 PM
Forum Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5,500
Re: Donald Trump's Tax "Evasion"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon Pink View Post
Actually, people sign contracts like that all the time; homeowners associations, condo associations, village associations. If you want to live in a home with an active home owners association, you have to sign the legally binding contract stating you agree to abide by the rules AND you agree to pay the HOA fee.
If you have a dispute with the HOA, who decides that dispute?

They have to sue you in a court that is not staffed by their employees.

Hope that helps.

Always remember the LD motto: "Sex isn't important!!!"
tech-novelist is online now  
post #100 of 181 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 04:50 PM
Member
 
john117's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Midwest USA
Posts: 11,177
Re: Donald Trump's Tax "Evasion"

Financial moves is not the same as quality of living moves...the analysis is a lot more complicated than "data"...

Ask Nissan how many people moved from California to Tennessee a few years ago... Versus losing their jobs.

That's the kind of analysis I'm talking about. Nissan was around 50% IIRC. We did a similar move in the middle of a recession and ours was in the 25% range...

john117 is online now  
post #101 of 181 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 04:53 PM
Member
 
john117's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Midwest USA
Posts: 11,177
Re: Donald Trump's Tax "Evasion"

Quote:
Originally Posted by farsidejunky View Post
A lack of taxation may have a correlation to a lower standard of living, but there is no causation. Come on, John. You're smarter than that.

Appalachia is low-hanging fruit. Try applying that to areas were geography does not have such a huge impact on commerce and development.
That's why I gave the example of Nissan... Actually it was 60%

http://www.autonews.com/article/2014...h-some-concern
john117 is online now  
post #102 of 181 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 05:35 PM
Member
 
Anon Pink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 10,064
Re: Donald Trump's Tax "Evasion"

@tech-novelist

Trump claims to cherish women.

No, HRC's "attacks" on women who were screwing her husband doesn't disqualify her as a woman's advocate! Seriously???? Good lord I love dogs and advocate for humane treatment but if one bit my child I'd put that sucker down myself!

HRC attended the United Nations 4th world conference on women when she was FLOTUS. Against the advice and wishes of just about everyone. It was a ballsy move but by attending she brought some teeth to the plights of women WORLD WIDE. "Women's right are human rights and human rights are women's rights" she said to a GLOBAL audience of UN countries with horrific human rights violations, right in the heart of China shortly after Teinemen Square massacre. That took some big brass balls!

I'd say that's extremely significant. But of course you won't. Sooo stalemate.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...beijing-speech


You make no sense when you equate circuit court and federal court judiciary with employees. While yes, they are paid by the government but their job is to fairly apply the law.

"Some women are blessed with multi-orgasmic ability for a reason and I'm damn sure not going to waste a blessing" ~FrenchFry


"Vaginas are tricky creatures." ~Lucy999
Anon Pink is offline  
post #103 of 181 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 05:39 PM
Forum Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5,500
Re: Donald Trump's Tax "Evasion"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon Pink View Post
@tech-novelist

Trump claims to cherish women.

No, HRC's "attacks" on women who were screwing her husband doesn't disqualify her as a woman's advocate! Seriously???? Good lord I love dogs and advocate for humane treatment but if one bit my child I'd put that sucker down myself!
What about women who claim to have been sexually assaulted by her husband? Should they be believed? Apparently not:

"Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton's campaign reportedly made some edits to the campus sexual assault page on its website shortly after a viral tweet from Juanita Broaddrick, Buzzfeed News reported.

The Democratic nominee's campaign deleted the line, "You have the right to be believed," from the page on its site, though there is still video of Clinton saying it.

The website originally read: "I want to send a message to every survivor of sexual assault: Don't let anyone silence your voice. You have the right to be heard. You have the right to be believed, and we're with you," quoting Clinton.

The last part of the quote has since been removed."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...ult-page-after

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon Pink View Post
HRC attended the United Nations 4th world conference on women when she was FLOTUS. Against the advice and wishes of just about everyone. It was a ballsy move but by attending she brought some teeth to the plights of women WORLD WIDE. "Women's right are human rights and human rights are women's rights" she said to a GLOBAL audience of UN countries with horrific human rights violations, right in the heart of China shortly after Teinemen Square massacre. That took some big brass balls!

I'd say that's extremely significant. But of course you won't. Sooo stalemate.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...beijing-speech
Wow, she made a speech filled with platitudes! How brave and self-sacrificing of her!

Tell me, how have women's lives have been improved by that speech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon Pink View Post

You make no sense when you equate circuit court and federal court judiciary with employees. While yes, they are paid by the government but their job is to fairly apply the law.
And if they don't fairly apply the law, what is your recourse?

Hint: you don't have any, other than to employees of the same organization. So you are still under their thumb.

Of course if any other organization tried to run a scam like that, everyone would understand how absurd it is.

But because the government has brainwashed most people, they don't even realize they are being scammed.

Always remember the LD motto: "Sex isn't important!!!"

Last edited by tech-novelist; 10-08-2016 at 05:44 PM.
tech-novelist is online now  
post #104 of 181 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 05:58 PM
Member
 
Anon Pink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 10,064
Re: Donald Trump's Tax "Evasion"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech-novelist View Post
What about women who claim to have been sexually assaulted by her husband? Should they be believed? Apparently not:

"Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton's campaign reportedly made some edits to the campus sexual assault page on its website shortly after a viral tweet from Juanita Broaddrick, Buzzfeed News reported.

The Democratic nominee's campaign deleted the line, "You have the right to be believed," from the page on its site, though there is still video of Clinton saying it.

The website originally read: "I want to send a message to every survivor of sexual assault: Don't let anyone silence your voice. You have the right to be heard. You have the right to be believed, and we're with you," quoting Clinton.

The last part of the quote has since been removed."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...ult-page-after


Again you seem to think an advocate for women is never allowed to trash talk the women banging her husband? That's just stupid Tech, you're smarter than that.



Quote:
Wow, she made a speech filled with platitudes! How brave and self-sacrificing of her!

Tell me, how have women's lives have been improved by that speech?
Guess you had to be there. But here is an independent accounting of what happened and why it was significant.

The Beijing Conference on Women: One Documentarian's View | International Documentary Association


Quote:
And if they don't fairly apply the law, what is your recourse?

Hint: you don't have any, other than to employees of the same organization. So you are still under their thumb.

Of course if any other organization tried to run a scam like that, everyone would understand how absurd it is.

But because the government has brainwashed most people, they don't even realize they are being scammed.

You clearly don't know a whole lot about the legal community or the judiciary. States have appellate courts for appeals on district and circuit court rulings. But the federal government has a ladder of Courts of Appeal where cases can be reviewed on appeal. And finally we have the Supreme Court of the United States. They are all paid by various governmental agencies but their role is to fairly apply the law. If you believe that no sitting judge would rule against a government agency, see the stupid abortion laws the SCOTUS struck down last year, or the CA prop 8 laws that were struck down.

"Some women are blessed with multi-orgasmic ability for a reason and I'm damn sure not going to waste a blessing" ~FrenchFry


"Vaginas are tricky creatures." ~Lucy999
Anon Pink is offline  
post #105 of 181 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 06:17 PM
Forum Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5,500
Re: Donald Trump's Tax "Evasion"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon Pink View Post
Again you seem to think an advocate for women is never allowed to trash talk the women banging her husband? That's just stupid Tech, you're smarter than that.
What about women who accused her husband of sexual assault? You keep dodging that issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon Pink View Post


You clearly don't know a whole lot about the legal community or the judiciary. States have appellate courts for appeals on district and circuit court rulings. But the federal government has a ladder of Courts of Appeal where cases can be reviewed on appeal. And finally we have the Supreme Court of the United States. They are all paid by various governmental agencies but their role is to fairly apply the law. If you believe that no sitting judge would rule against a government agency, see the stupid abortion laws the SCOTUS struck down last year, or the CA prop 8 laws that were struck down.
Actually I know quite a bit about the legal community and the judiciary. There is a forcible monopoly on justice, and like all forcible monopolies, it is abused.

Of course they have to strike laws down sometimes, or the scam would be too obvious. However, they often don't strike down laws that are obviously illegal, and there is no recourse other than to the same system that screwed the litigant.

And again, you would not sign a contract that gave the other party the right to decide disagreements between you and that party. No one would.

Fortunately for the government, they just force their rule on you, so no contract is necessary. But that just makes it more unfair, not less unfair.

I realize that "legal centralists" like you can't understand that this is an unnecessary evil, so I'm shouting down a well with you. But there may be others who aren't as blinded by their prejudices.

Always remember the LD motto: "Sex isn't important!!!"
tech-novelist is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Donald Trump's lack of respect for science is alarming Cletus Politics and Religion 92 08-19-2016 03:59 PM
Have you guys thought about Trump's Russian cponnections? NextTimeAround Politics and Religion 118 08-02-2016 05:19 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome