Was this an anti-woman anti-foreigner vote? - Page 32 - Talk About Marriage
Politics and Religion This is the place to discuss politics, morality, religion, and anything controversial.

User Tag List

 922Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #466 of 701 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 01:10 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: MI
Posts: 3,654
Re: Was this an anti-woman anti-foreigner vote?

@EleGirl - 43 years ago, if my math is correct

naiveonedave is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #467 of 701 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 01:11 PM
Moderator
 
EleGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 32,892
Re: Was this an anti-woman anti-foreigner vote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild jade View Post
You are speaking to one specific incident. Not all incidents. And there were many many more. Both as a landlord and as an employer -- well into the 90s. And he's still making racist comments left, right and center. I just quoted some he made in 2016.

And of course Trump is not the only racist out there. Never said he was the only one. Just that he is one.
I'd have to see pages and pages of credible evidence to make up my own mind. I don't even know where to find credible evidence about any of this today since the media and a lot on the internet is biased one way or the other.

So my stance is that I will give him the same benefit of the doubt that the left gives Clinton for her ugly racist remarks, Senator Byrd for is horrific racist history and Margaret Sanger for being a horrible, racist hate monger. If the Democrats can ad mire these haters,then they have no right saying anything about Trump. It's down right laughable.

Hillary Clinton says that she admires Margaret Sanger. Here is what Hillary admires: "Sanger believed she was ‘working in accord with the universal law of evolution’. She maintained that the brains of Australian Aborigines were only one step more evolved than chimpanzees and just under blacks, Jews and Italians."

And that is only one very small quote out of all of the ugly, hateful, racist things that this woman said. And Hillary and the left have the audacity to pretend that this is ok?

That is what my people had to put up with when they came to the USA, when my grandmother, my mother and myself were children."

What I care about is what is Trump going to do today and tomorrow.
EleGirl is online now  
post #468 of 701 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 01:13 PM
Moderator
 
EleGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 32,892
Re: Was this an anti-woman anti-foreigner vote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naiveonedave View Post
@EleGirl - 43 years ago, if my math is correct
Ok... 53 years ago when Trump was 17 he stared working with his dad

43 years ago the law suit was filed....


EleGirl is online now  
 
post #469 of 701 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 01:17 PM
Member
 
VladDracul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Southeast USA
Posts: 943
Re: Was this an anti-woman anti-foreigner vote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EleGirl View Post
He was asked about the good, hard working illegal immigrants. His reply was that he’s not going to kick hard working people who contribute to our country out. But we have to find a way to fix their status, give a path to green card, work permits, etc.
What I think would be really really nice is to have a surrogate program where non-working lazy and irresponsible folks would be picked by lottery to take their place for deportation.

If you don't embody controversy, what you say will become just another part of the media driven culture of stifling thought and debate about issues.
VladDracul is offline  
post #470 of 701 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 01:19 PM
Moderator
 
EleGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 32,892
Re: Was this an anti-woman anti-foreigner vote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladDracul View Post
What I think would be really really nice is to have a surrogate program where non-working lazy and irresponsible folks would be picked by lottery to take their place for deportation.
I have a step-son who fits that bill. He's not here illegally. But I'm all for deporting his lazy behind...
EleGirl is online now  
post #471 of 701 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 01:51 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,016
Re: Was this an anti-woman anti-foreigner vote?

Black cop shares his experience at Trump rally: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03Bt6b8PPP0

His conclusion is that the people at home aren't even getting half of the story because the media lies. Only the incendiary out-of-context stuff makes the news. He was afraid of the violent anti-Trump protestors, who behaved like animals.
becareful2 is offline  
post #472 of 701 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 02:44 PM
Member
 
Thor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8,855
Re: Was this an anti-woman anti-foreigner vote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomDude View Post
No one is even allowed to discuss it, no one wants to be flagged as hateful or racist (well I don't care, because I don't give a flying fk about much but 'tis just me hehe ^^)

So many people wore hats, t-shirts, buttons, or posted to their social media "Proud Deplorable" or similar after Hillary's comment. The tipping point has been reached, people are no longer willing to put up with the insults, the shaming, and the political correctness.
Thor is offline  
post #473 of 701 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 02:45 PM
Member
 
VermisciousKnid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New England
Posts: 1,984
Re: Was this an anti-woman anti-foreigner vote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EleGirl View Post
I'd have to see pages and pages of credible evidence to make up my own mind. I don't even know where to find credible evidence about any of this today since the media and a lot on the internet is biased one way or the other.

So my stance is that I will give him the same benefit of the doubt that the left gives Clinton for her ugly racist remarks, Senator Byrd for is horrific racist history and Margaret Sanger for being a horrible, racist hate monger. If the Democrats can ad mire these haters,then they have no right saying anything about Trump. It's down right laughable.


Hillary Clinton says that she admires Margaret Sanger. Here is what Hillary admires: "Sanger believed she was ‘working in accord with the universal law of evolution’. She maintained that the brains of Australian Aborigines were only one step more evolved than chimpanzees and just under blacks, Jews and Italians."


And that is only one very small quote out of all of the ugly, hateful, racist things that this woman said. And Hillary and the left have the audacity to pretend that this is ok?

That is what my people had to put up with when they came to the USA, when my grandmother, my mother and myself were children."

What I care about is what is Trump going to do today and tomorrow.
Don't you think that's a simplistic reading?

Sanger's contribution to society was the promotion of contraception. She recognized that women needed to control their reproduction in order to achieve equal footing in America. She also wanted to eliminate unsafe back-alley abortions.

I think this is what Clinton admires. Not the eugenics. And I'd like to see a reference on her quote about aborigines. My understanding is that Sanger rejected race based eugenics.

History is full of men who achieved great things and also made missteps. Would you reject the entirety of Thomas Jefferson's contributions because he also owned slaves?

I'm not comparing Sanger to Jefferson straight up, but each made a large contribution to society and each made shameful decisions.
VermisciousKnid is offline  
post #474 of 701 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 02:54 PM
Member
 
Thor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8,855
Re: Was this an anti-woman anti-foreigner vote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild jade View Post
I just object to the presumption that people who cross borders are (a) illegal and (b) criminals.
.
.
.
And the idea that its immigrants that are responsible for crime and social problems is simply not supported by fact.
Have you ever crossed an international border? The process involves presenting oneself at a designated checkpoint, showing one's passport, and submitting one or more forms declaring food, currency, etc. Then if all is in order, and you're not on a prohibited list, you are permitted to enter with specific limitations or requirements placed on you.

I happily presume anyone who passes into the USA via one of these checkpoints is almost certainly legitimately here (absent forged documents or stowaways hidden in cargo). I also happily presume anyone coming across the border at any other point is here illegally, because by definition they are! And I happily presume they know they have broken federal law, and they intend to remain here illegally.

So your point (a) is proven they are here illegally.

Your point (b) is proven they are criminals because they are here illegally.

But to the latter part of your quote, the proportion of violent crime and drug crime committed by illegal aliens is quite high. Very disproportionately high in any measure. The % of illegal Mexican aliens who commit serious crimes is much higher than the % of legal Mexican immigrants who commit serious crimes. The proportion of serious crimes committed by illegal aliens is much higher than their % of the overall population. You can slice these numbers any way you want and it always comes up with illegal aliens being a very disproportionately violent criminal group.
Thor is offline  
post #475 of 701 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 03:26 PM
Member
 
wild jade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,551
Re: Was this an anti-woman anti-foreigner vote?

And just today, Trump appointed a white supremacist as his chief of staff.

Nevermind 43 years ago or 53 years ago, or whatever. Today!

wild jade is offline  
post #476 of 701 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 03:38 PM
Member
 
EllisRedding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Valhalla (Or the Northeast USA)
Posts: 6,513
Re: Was this an anti-woman anti-foreigner vote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EleGirl View Post
What people seem to forget is that Hispanics are not from one big hive brain.
Just wanted to quote this since it appears what I have seen from some people is they actually believe this. Hispanics are just one big group, they all share the same culture, values, think alike, etc... They are all for illegal immigration and most likely have a family member who this applies to. Throw around some key buzzwords and fear-mongering to reel them all in at once, etc...
EllisRedding is online now  
post #477 of 701 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 03:41 PM
Member
 
EllisRedding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Valhalla (Or the Northeast USA)
Posts: 6,513
Re: Was this an anti-woman anti-foreigner vote?

Also, I cannot say how accurate or inaccurate this is, but according to VoteFraud.org they calculated approx 3 million in votes cast by non citizens. That would undoubtedly alter the popular vote outcome if there is any validity to these claims.
EllisRedding is online now  
post #478 of 701 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 03:44 PM
Moderator
 
EleGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 32,892
Re: Was this an anti-woman anti-foreigner vote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermisciousKnid View Post
Don't you think that's a simplistic reading?

Sanger's contribution to society was the promotion of contraception. She recognized that women needed to control their reproduction in order to achieve equal footing in America. She also wanted to eliminate unsafe back-alley abortions.

I think this is what Clinton admires. Not the eugenics. And I'd like to see a reference on her quote about aborigines. My understanding is that Sanger rejected race based eugenics.

History is full of men who achieved great things and also made missteps. Would you reject the entirety of Thomas Jefferson's contributions because he also owned slaves?

I'm not comparing Sanger to Jefferson straight up, but each made a large contribution to society and each made shameful decisions.
I agree that sometimes, people have very mixed aspects which they bring to society. We can take the good and leave the bad.

But, the point I am making is that people who seem to be able to do that with some people who have some pretty despicable aspects of their thoughts and deeds are for some reason not able to give Trump that same leeway.

Trump is an evil {fill in the blanks}. But we will over look the racism and bad deeds of Hillary, Byrd, Margaret Sanger, and a long list of other people.

Here is a link to one thing by Sanger...



https://www.nyu.edu/projects/sanger/...Doc=143449.xml


I'm trying to find a copy of her writings that talk about basically killing off the black race and other undesirable races.
EleGirl is online now  
post #479 of 701 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 03:44 PM
Member
 
wild jade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,551
Re: Was this an anti-woman anti-foreigner vote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
Have you ever crossed an international border? The process involves presenting oneself at a designated checkpoint, showing one's passport, and submitting one or more forms declaring food, currency, etc. Then if all is in order, and you're not on a prohibited list, you are permitted to enter with specific limitations or requirements placed on you.

I happily presume anyone who passes into the USA via one of these checkpoints is almost certainly legitimately here (absent forged documents or stowaways hidden in cargo). I also happily presume anyone coming across the border at any other point is here illegally, because by definition they are! And I happily presume they know they have broken federal law, and they intend to remain here illegally.

So your point (a) is proven they are here illegally.

Your point (b) is proven they are criminals because they are here illegally.

But to the latter part of your quote, the proportion of violent crime and drug crime committed by illegal aliens is quite high. Very disproportionately high in any measure. The % of illegal Mexican aliens who commit serious crimes is much higher than the % of legal Mexican immigrants who commit serious crimes. The proportion of serious crimes committed by illegal aliens is much higher than their % of the overall population. You can slice these numbers any way you want and it always comes up with illegal aliens being a very disproportionately violent criminal group.
Actually, only some states declare undocumented immigration to be a crime. Federally it's a civil offence. So it depends on who you ask as to whether or not their mere existence in the US constitutes a crime.

Also, most illegal immigrants have been in the US for 10 years or more, and most hold jobs and pay taxes and the like.
Unauthorized Immigration | Pew Research Center

As for slicing and dicing the numbers: Nope turns out that immigrants tend to be less likely to be criminals than US-born citizens. Even the "illegal" ones. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nts-and-crime/
wild jade is offline  
post #480 of 701 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 03:48 PM
Moderator
 
EleGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 32,892
Re: Was this an anti-woman anti-foreigner vote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisRedding View Post
Just wanted to quote this since it appears what I have seen from some people is they actually believe this. Hispanics are just one big group, they all share the same culture, values, think alike, etc... They are all for illegal immigration and most likely have a family member who this applies to. Throw around some key buzzwords and fear-mongering to reel them all in at once, etc...
Every Hispanic person who I have talked to here voted for Trump... That includes my niece, the one married to the illegal immigrant. They are hoping that changes will be made so that he will be able to get legal without paying to pay over 28K. And even with the 28K, he has to leave the USA for 10 years. It's so bad right now that they figure it could not be any worse.

Right now they are looking at having to move to a border town. He will have to live in Mexico for 10 years and she in the USA, raising their children across the border. At worse this is what they will end up having to do.
EleGirl is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vote fraud expert Bev Harris exposes electronic voting machines See_Listen_Love Politics and Religion 8 11-02-2016 06:49 PM
Does it doom a relationship if the woman doesn't need "Acts of Service?" Begin again General Relationship Discussion 67 07-15-2016 07:32 AM
Cancelling a vote? TX-SC General Relationship Discussion 19 05-05-2016 08:36 PM
Terminally ill woman sued by ex for writing nasty notes on the alimony checks TeddieG The Social Spot 11 12-21-2015 06:58 PM
my husband went for a dinner with another married woman yellowmoon General Relationship Discussion 63 12-18-2015 08:29 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome