Was this an anti-woman anti-foreigner vote? - Page 8 - Talk About Marriage
Politics and Religion This is the place to discuss politics, morality, religion, and anything controversial.

User Tag List

 922Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #106 of 701 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 08:49 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,105
Re: Was this an anti-woman anti-foreigner vote?

I voted for Trump because he will nominate several supreme court justices. He opposes ILLEGAL immigration. He opposes insane trade deals. He wants to dismantle Obama care. Coupled with my disdain for the hypocrisy of the democrat party. They are evil vile people in the party leadership. And some Hillary supporters are arrogant disgusting brats. They seem to to look down on people who work for a living. They think they are superior because they have a college education. They try to vilify anyone who disagrees with them.

Thound is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #107 of 701 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 09:18 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 189
Re: Was this an anti-woman anti-foreigner vote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thound View Post
I voted for Trump because he will nominate several supreme court justices. He opposes ILLEGAL immigration. He opposes insane trade deals. He wants to dismantle Obama care. Coupled with my disdain for the hypocrisy of the democrat party. They are evil vile people in the party leadership. And some Hillary supporters are arrogant disgusting brats. They seem to to look down on people who work for a living. They think they are superior because they have a college education. They try to vilify anyone who disagrees with them.
Each side thinks it is superior. Reasons differ, but both sides claim superiority. And both vilify the other. Anyone who cannot see that is blinded by bias.
Anon here is offline  
post #108 of 701 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 09:39 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,105
Re: Was this an anti-woman anti-foreigner vote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon here View Post
Each side thinks it is superior. Reasons differ, but both sides claim superiority. And both vilify the other. Anyone who cannot see that is blinded by bias.
Maybe true, but I didn't see republican operatives inciting riots at Clinton rally's. The election wasn't about her being a female. If they wanted a female president, they should have nominated a better woman.
Thound is online now  
 
post #109 of 701 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 09:40 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5,667
Re: Was this an anti-woman anti-foreigner vote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon Pink View Post
What is that thing called when you enumerate a logic trail to an absurd extent to demonstrate the absurdity of the original statement, but the exaggeration is so absurd you've only demonstrated who thoroughly you've missed the point?

Oh right...wrong!

You could have just taken the easy way here...

His foreigner wife was here working illegally.

Another kicker...my father in law...huge Trump supporter, is dating an Indonesian woman who still lives in Indonesia. They have plans to bring her here to live with him. Sucks for them that Indonesia is the worlds largest Muslim nation...

"Let's never stop having sex. We're so good at it, we OWE it to sex to never stop having it."
-My wife
samyeagar is online now  
post #110 of 701 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 09:40 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 189
Re: Was this an anti-woman anti-foreigner vote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thound View Post
Maybe true, but I didn't see republican operatives inciting riots at Clinton rally's. The election wasn't about her being a female. If they wanted a female president, they should have nominated a better woman.
The riot isn't about Clinton losing.
Anon here is offline  
post #111 of 701 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 05:06 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,105
Re: Was this an anti-woman anti-foreigner vote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon here View Post
The riot isn't about Clinton losing.
Ok, why are they rioting?
Thound is online now  
post #112 of 701 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 05:37 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 189
Re: Was this an anti-woman anti-foreigner vote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thound View Post
Ok, why are they rioting?
Because Trump won. There is so much coming with Trump. Make a list. They don't want that list.
Posted via Mobile Device
Anon here is offline  
post #113 of 701 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 07:09 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,105
Re: Was this an anti-woman anti-foreigner vote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon here View Post
Because Trump won. There is so much coming with Trump. Make a list. They don't want that list.
Posted via Mobile Device
I call BS. It wouldn't matter which Republican won they would still be rioting. All these morons live in an alternate realty. They rely on social media to get their ideas and beliefs. Coupled with the fact the mainstream media will vilify anyone running against the democrats.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thound is online now  
post #114 of 701 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 07:25 AM
jld
Forum Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 20,491
Re: Was this an anti-woman anti-foreigner vote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thound View Post
I call BS. It wouldn't matter which Republican won they would still be rioting. All these morons live in an alternate realty. They rely on social media to get their ideas and beliefs. Coupled with the fact the mainstream media will vilify anyone running against the democrats.
Posted via Mobile Device
You realize the bolded is likely what they think about you, too, right?

We need more understanding, on both sides.
Posted via Mobile Device

One of the deepest feminine pleasures is when a man stands full, present, and unreactive in the midst of his woman's emotional storms. When he stays present with her, and loves her through the layers of wildness and closure, then she feels his trustability, and she can relax. -- David Deida, The Way of the Superior Man
jld is offline  
post #115 of 701 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 07:31 AM
Member
 
Mr. Nail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Western US
Posts: 2,478
Re: Was this an anti-woman anti-foreigner vote?

I'm actually starting to miss the old Gun Insanity thread.

Mr. Nail is offline  
post #116 of 701 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 07:31 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: MI
Posts: 3,713
Re: Was this an anti-woman anti-foreigner vote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jld View Post
You realize the bolded is likely what they think about you, too, right?

We need more understanding, on both sides.
Posted via Mobile Device
I agree, however, it is hard to understand someone who is rioting every time something doesn't go their way.
naiveonedave is offline  
post #117 of 701 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 07:32 AM
Member
 
EllisRedding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Valhalla (Or the Northeast USA)
Posts: 6,543
Re: Was this an anti-woman anti-foreigner vote?

I saw an interesting article/opinion piece written by a woman actually blaming women for HRC losing. In her opinion, any woman who did not vote for HRC did so b/c they were jealous/envious of her and all she had accomplished ...
EllisRedding is online now  
post #118 of 701 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 08:02 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Rural Midwest
Posts: 3,275
Re: Was this an anti-woman anti-foreigner vote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jld View Post
You realize the bolded is likely what they think about you, too, right?

We need more understanding, on both sides.
Posted via Mobile Device
I think most of us on the right side of the scale realize this JLD. The problem is that there is no reason to reach across the isle, and seek understanding with people who assume that because we didn't vote for their candidate--who was undeniably a terrible person--that we did so because we hate women, because we are racist, because we are evil.

Why would I even want to consider "understanding" such people? They have no interest in understanding me. They have no interest in understanding themselves. They only seek to destroy, to cut down anyone who dissents. What understanding can we have?

Personally, I'm done with this whole game. If we are racists and sexists just because we didn't vote for a woman; if the only reason that people could conceivably vote for Clinton or Trump is based on genitalia; then I hope Trump turns out to be exactly what they fear even though he's said nothing to indicate it. I hope he repeals divorce altogether. I hope he finds a way to repeal every single Amendment from the 13th onward. I hope he teaches these special snowflakes what a right wing tyranny actually looks like.

Maybe our descendants / conquerors will some day find the ancient texts of Thomas Payne, Patrick Henry, Baron de Montesquieu, Thomas Jefferson, James M@dison (damn you TAM filter!!), et al, and a new yearning for Liberty will be kindled. The Liberty movement in America is past its zenith as it sits now.
Kivlor is offline  
post #119 of 701 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 08:10 AM
Member
 
wild jade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,590
Re: Was this an anti-woman anti-foreigner vote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kivlor View Post

Personally, I'm done with this whole game. If we are racists and sexists just because we didn't vote for a woman; if the only reason that people could conceivably vote for Clinton or Trump is based on genitalia; then I hope Trump turns out to be exactly what they fear even though he's said nothing to indicate it. I hope he repeals divorce altogether. I hope he finds a way to repeal every single Amendment from the 13th onward. I hope he teaches these special snowflakes what a right wing tyranny actually looks like.
To be fair, people infer that Trump supporters are racist and sexist because Trump himself is racist and sexist and has the policies to match.

Nothing to do with anyone's genitalia or not voting for Clinton.
wild jade is offline  
post #120 of 701 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 08:15 AM
Member
 
katies's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 380
Re: Was this an anti-woman anti-foreigner vote?

it's this:

Here's Why We Grieve Today
November 9, 2016 / John Pavlovitz
I don't think you understand us right now.
I think you think this is about politics.
I think you believe this is all just sour grapes; the crocodile tears of the losing locker room with the scoreboard going against us at the buzzer.
I can only tell you that you're wrong. This is not about losing an election. This isn't about not winning a contest. This is about two very different ways of seeing the world.
Hillary supporters believe in a diverse America; one where religion or skin color or sexual orientation or place of birth aren't liabilities or deficiencies or moral defects. Her campaign was one of inclusion and connection and interdependency. It was about building bridges and breaking ceilings. It was about going high.
Trump supporters believe in a very selective America; one that is largely white and straight and Christian, and the voting verified this. Donald Trump has never made any assertions otherwise. He ran a campaign of fear and exclusion and isolation-and that's the vision of the world those who voted for him have endorsed.
They have aligned with the wall-builder and the professed p*ssy-grabber, and they have co-signed his body of work, regardless of the reasons they give for their vote:
Every horrible thing Donald Trump ever said about women or Muslims or people of color has now been validated. Every profanity-laced press conference and every call to bully protestors and every ignorant diatribe has been endorsed. Every piece of anti-LGBTQ legislation Mike Pence has championed has been signed-off on.
Half of our country has declared these things acceptable, noble, American.
This is the disconnect and the source of our grief today. It isn't a political defeat that we're lamenting, it's a defeat for Humanity.
We're not angry that our candidate lost. We're angry because our candidate's losing means this country will be less safe, less kind, and less available to a huge segment of its population, and that's just the truth.
Those who have always felt vulnerable are now left more so. Those whose voices have been silenced will be further quieted. Those who always felt marginalized will be pushed further to the periphery. Those who feared they were seen as inferior now have confirmation in actual percentages.
Those things have essentially been campaign promises of Donald Trump, and so many of our fellow citizens have said this is what they want too.
This has never been about politics.
This is not about one candidate over the other.
It's not about one's ideas over another's.
It is not blue vs. red.
It's not her emails vs. his bad language.
It's not her dishonesty vs. his indecency.
It's about overt racism and hostility toward minorities.
It's about religion being weaponized.
It's about crassness and vulgarity and disregard for women.
It's about a barricaded, militarized, bully nation.
It's about an unapologetic, open-faced ugliness.
And it is not only that these things have been ratified by our nation that grieve us; all this hatred, fear, racism, bigotry, and intolerance-it's knowing that these things have been amen-ed by our neighbors, our families, our friends, those we work with and worship alongside. That is the most horrific thing of all. We now know how close this.
It feels like living in enemy territory being here now, and there's no way around that. We wake up today in a home we no longer recognize. We are grieving the loss of a place we used to love but no longer do. This may be America today but it is not the America we believe in or recognize or want.
This is not about a difference of political opinion, as that's far too small to mourn over. It's about a fundamental difference in how we view the worth of all people-not just those who look or talk or think or vote the way we do.
Grief always laments what might have been, the future we were robbed of, the tomorrow that we won't get to see, and that is what we walk through today. As a nation we had an opportunity to affirm the beauty of our diversity this day, to choose ideas over sound bytes, to let everyone know they had a place at the table, to be the beacon of goodness and decency we imagine that we are-and we said no.
The Scriptures say that weeping endures for a night but joy comes in the morning. We can't see that dawn coming any time soon.
And this is why we grieve.
katies is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vote fraud expert Bev Harris exposes electronic voting machines See_Listen_Love Politics and Religion 8 11-02-2016 06:49 PM
Does it doom a relationship if the woman doesn't need "Acts of Service?" Begin again General Relationship Discussion 67 07-15-2016 07:32 AM
Cancelling a vote? TX-SC General Relationship Discussion 19 05-05-2016 08:36 PM
Terminally ill woman sued by ex for writing nasty notes on the alimony checks TeddieG The Social Spot 11 12-21-2015 06:58 PM
my husband went for a dinner with another married woman yellowmoon General Relationship Discussion 63 12-18-2015 08:29 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome