Trump... wins because of hate - Page 3 - Talk About Marriage
Politics and Religion This is the place to discuss politics, morality, religion, and anything controversial.

User Tag List

 399Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #31 of 211 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 02:27 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 395
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

No he was elected because the policies of the last 8 years have been awful. People feel both parties dont represent them. All the race talk is the democratic talking points that failed. Both Republicans and Democrats voted Trump.

I belong to neither party but voted Trump.

bkyln309 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 211 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 03:09 PM
Member
 
snerg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 426
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

I think the best statement was given last night.

Brokaw, the former NBC Nightly News anchor admitted to those around the set that what has been totally underestimated by those of us in the so-called press establishment and the people who have been looking at this is the depth of the anger. He further ruled that the media didn’t fully consider the depth of how much people want change regardless of whether or not they have to pull a pin on a grenade and roll it across the country, whatever it takes, we want change and we want big change.

Brokaw Statement

We protect ourselves from lies,
By fanatically holding to our own truths.
But when our truths turn to fanaticism,
Our truths become the Lie.
snerg is offline  
post #33 of 211 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 03:43 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 189
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by snerg View Post
I think the best statement was given last night.

Brokaw, the former NBC Nightly News anchor admitted to those around the set that what has been totally underestimated by those of us in the so-called press establishment and the people who have been looking at this is the depth of the anger. He further ruled that the media didn’t fully consider the depth of how much people want change regardless of whether or not they have to pull a pin on a grenade and roll it across the country, whatever it takes, we want change and we want big change.

Brokaw Statement
Fox and right wing radio stoked the anger. Trump saw a ready made voting block looking for a mouth and became that. Blue collars will find nothing different in their town after he does all he says. Nothing to help them there..
Anon here is offline  
 
post #34 of 211 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 03:49 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: MI
Posts: 3,713
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon here View Post
Fox and right wing radio stoked the anger. Trump saw a ready made voting block looking for a mouth and became that. Blue collars will find nothing different in their town after he does all he says. Nothing to help them there..
if you read Trumps platform, it will be MUCH better for the working man, assuming he can do what he wants. He wants to get out of or renegotiate treaties that suck for the US worker.
naiveonedave is offline  
post #35 of 211 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 03:52 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 189
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by naiveonedave View Post
if you read Trumps platform, it will be MUCH better for the working man, assuming he can do what he wants. He wants to get out of or renegotiate treaties that suck for the US worker.
Mass production is not coming back. High-tech only from now on. Be an engineer who can manage a high tech machine making airplanes or wind turbines.
Anon here is offline  
post #36 of 211 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 03:53 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: MI
Posts: 3,713
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon here View Post
Mass production is not coming back. High-tech only from now on. Be an engineer who can manage a high tech machine making airplanes or wind turbines.
I disagree, on shoring can and does happen.
naiveonedave is offline  
post #37 of 211 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 04:01 PM
Forum Supporter
 
MarriedDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: ORYGUN
Posts: 1,848
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kivlor View Post
That's a pretty big shift, switching from "the Xtians who supported him did so because they are full of hate" to "there are racists who support him".

I think we should stick to your original argument, before we shift to a different topic altogether. Defend your position mind-reader. Tell me more about your magical power of reading the minds of those who believe Jesus is their God. Is your mind-reading limited only to all Xtians, or is it universal? Can you tell me what I'm thinking, and why I voted for Trump? Can you tell me what my neighbor was thinking, and why he did?
Your neighbor was thinking....why is his grass greener???

Holes burn deep in your chest,
Raked by machine gun fire.
Screaming soul sent out to die,
Living mandatory suicide.
MarriedDude is offline  
post #38 of 211 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 04:12 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Rural Midwest
Posts: 3,275
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarriedDude View Post
Your neighbor was thinking....why is his grass greener???
No, he was definitely thinking "Why is my grass yellow??!!"

And the answer is.... my dog!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161023_091813.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	2.58 MB
ID:	49225  
Kivlor is offline  
post #39 of 211 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 04:18 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: canada
Posts: 1,507
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

I think Trump has to be given a chance to show what he can/cannot do. I think change is what people wanted and they got it.

I think HIlary lost because of Obamacare? I say this because I heard that the American people pay high premiums and they are set to go even higher....please educate me on Obamacare and if it is bad or good?

I also think the celebrity factor came into it...as a Canadian watching this campaign..it bugged me the last week or so when HRC had celebrities on stage with her..who cares..I doubt that the average American voter cares what JayZ and Beyoncé think...I think the celebrities over estimate how much their political opinions matter.

I also think the email scandal hurt her as well.
highwood is offline  
post #40 of 211 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 04:32 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 189
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by naiveonedave View Post
I disagree, on shoring can and does happen.
Non-unionized? $12/hr.
Posted via Mobile Device

Anon here is offline  
post #41 of 211 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 04:36 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 189
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwood View Post
I think Trump has to be given a chance to show what he can/cannot do. I think change is what people wanted and they got it.

I think HIlary lost because of Obamacare? I say this because I heard that the American people pay high premiums and they are set to go even higher....please educate me on Obamacare and if it is bad or good?

I also think the celebrity factor came into it...as a Canadian watching this campaign..it bugged me the last week or so when HRC had celebrities on stage with her..who cares..I doubt that the average American voter cares what JayZ and Beyoncé think...I think the celebrities over estimate how much their political opinions matter.

I also think the email scandal hurt her as well.
Trump's alt plan for healthcare is tax-free HSAs and tax deductions on premiums. Can't afford premium? Nothing.
Posted via Mobile Device
Anon here is offline  
post #42 of 211 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 04:37 PM
Forum Supporter
 
MarriedDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: ORYGUN
Posts: 1,848
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon here View Post
Non-unionized? $12/hr.
Posted via Mobile Device
Where in the hell can you hire ANYONE...that has actual skills for 12/Hr? I mean skills like...showing up on time, knowing your work location, etc...

If it was possible...I would do it. Hell, that's just more $$$ for me... But, can't find anyone...

My lowest paid guys make close to 20./hr now.

Holes burn deep in your chest,
Raked by machine gun fire.
Screaming soul sent out to die,
Living mandatory suicide.
MarriedDude is offline  
post #43 of 211 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 04:45 PM
Forum Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5,519
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon here View Post
Trump's alt plan for healthcare is tax-free HSAs and tax deductions on premiums. Can't afford premium? Nothing.
Posted via Mobile Device
What do you get now if you are too poor to afford the (very high and rapidly rising) premium for Obamacare? Medicaid.

Let's see what he says about this problem:
" As we allow the free market to provide insurance coverage opportunities to companies and individuals, we must also make sure that no one slips through the cracks simply because they cannot afford insurance. We must review basic options for Medicaid and work with states to ensure that those who want healthcare coverage can have it."
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positio...lthcare-reform

Hope that helps.

Always remember the LD motto: "Sex isn't important!!!"
tech-novelist is offline  
post #44 of 211 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 04:56 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 189
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarriedDude View Post
Where in the hell can you hire ANYONE...that has actual skills for 12/Hr? I mean skills like...showing up on time, knowing your work location, etc...

If it was possible...I would do it. Hell, that's just more $$$ for me... But, can't find anyone...

My lowest paid guys make close to 20./hr now.
Production Worker Salary
Anon here is offline  
post #45 of 211 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 05:01 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 189
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech-novelist View Post
What do you get now if you are too poor to afford the (very high and rapidly rising) premium for Obamacare? Medicaid.

Let's see what he says about this problem:
" As we allow the free market to provide insurance coverage opportunities to companies and individuals, we must also make sure that no one slips through the cracks simply because they cannot afford insurance. We must review basic options for Medicaid and work with states to ensure that those who want healthcare coverage can have it."
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positio...lthcare-reform

Hope that helps.
No plan there.

His plan: Block-grant Medicaid to the states. Nearly every state already offers benefits beyond what is required in the current Medicaid structure. The state governments know their people best and can manage the administration of Medicaid far better without federal overhead. States will have the incentives to seek out and eliminate fraud, waste and abuse to preserve our precious resources.
Anon here is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The End of Trump Coming Soon See_Listen_Love Politics and Religion 292 11-09-2016 10:10 AM
I hate my ex all over again Pluto2 Life After Divorce 12 11-04-2016 03:00 PM
This is about Trump, and Trump alone samyeagar Politics and Religion 54 08-13-2016 12:29 AM
Facebook hate..... highwood The Ladies' Lounge 52 06-30-2016 06:30 PM
What I hate about my marriage maritalloneliness Reconciliation 4 05-29-2016 11:22 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome