Trump... wins because of hate - Page 4 - Talk About Marriage
Politics and Religion This is the place to discuss politics, morality, religion, and anything controversial.

User Tag List

 399Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #46 of 208 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 05:01 PM
Forum Supporter
 
MarriedDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: ORYGUN
Posts: 1,848
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon here View Post
Production Worker Salary
Posted via Mobile Device
Uh...you don't really believe that data to be remotely accurate.....do you?

Seriously?


Holes burn deep in your chest,
Raked by machine gun fire.
Screaming soul sent out to die,
Living mandatory suicide.
MarriedDude is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #47 of 208 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 05:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 189
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarriedDude View Post
Uh...you don't really believe that data to be remotely accurate.....do you?

Seriously?
WSJ: Flat U.S. Wages Help Fuel Rebound in Manufacturing - WSJ
Anon here is offline  
post #48 of 208 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 05:17 PM
Forum Supporter
 
MarriedDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: ORYGUN
Posts: 1,848
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon here View Post
Same question....Do you really think there are workers available...in anything remotely resembling Mechanical production...for 12/Hr?

And...where???????

Holes burn deep in your chest,
Raked by machine gun fire.
Screaming soul sent out to die,
Living mandatory suicide.
MarriedDude is offline  
 
post #49 of 208 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 05:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 189
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarriedDude View Post
Same question....Do you really think there are workers available...in anything remotely resembling Mechanical production...for 12/Hr?

And...where???????
Mechanical Assembly / Production Worker - CareerBuilder
Anon here is offline  
post #50 of 208 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 05:44 PM
Member
 
Kivlor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Rural Midwest
Posts: 3,119
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarriedDude View Post
Same question....Do you really think there are workers available...in anything remotely resembling Mechanical production...for 12/Hr?

And...where???????
I live in the Midwest, and around here the mode (most common) for starting positions on a line are ~$10-11/hr. Of course, depending on what you do, it can go up. And we've got 1 factory that has much higher standards, and offers ~$18.50/hr to start in their basic position. The turkey plants pay ~$20/hr for live hang, but that's because it's a difficult, miserable job that doesn't have warnings for termination, but rather is immediate. (If a live turkey pecks you, and you do anything mean in response, you're gone. No second chances)

But the median household income in my neck of the woods is $30,500 per year. Median family income is $38,800. Median income for men is $28,500, and $20,600 for women. If the median man works 40 hours a week (and I don't have data on this) then median pay here is $13.70/hr for most men working full time.

If you've got manufacturing work at $15/hr, with low skill required we've got a population that will do it. Problem is we're not Right to Work, so it's hard to get places to move here. I've worked with a lot of companies, and manufacturers have been very clear with me: if you're not RtW, we won't even bother looking at you. Republicans control the Gov, House and Senate now, so I think we've got a chance at it finally. They've sworn they'll pass it. Maybe we can start attracting some employment.

Do you hear the people sing / Lost in the valley of the night?
It is the music of a people / Who are climbing to the light.
For the wretched of the earth / There is a flame that never dies.
Even the darkest night will end / And the sun will rise...
Kivlor is online now  
post #51 of 208 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 05:44 PM
Forum Supporter
 
MarriedDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: ORYGUN
Posts: 1,848
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Full-Time $14.00 /Hour Industrial Manufacturing Relocation

Still not 12 an hour.....and they are located in a town with a pop of 11,600......Tiny little company...pretty much trying to compete with HUGE international tool manufacturers....

you gotta do better than that...

Holes burn deep in your chest,
Raked by machine gun fire.
Screaming soul sent out to die,
Living mandatory suicide.
MarriedDude is offline  
post #52 of 208 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 05:46 PM
Member
 
badsanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Southpole!
Posts: 3,180
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

...
badsanta is offline  
post #53 of 208 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 06:04 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 189
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarriedDude View Post
Full-Time $14.00 /Hour Industrial Manufacturing Relocation

Still not 12 an hour.....and they are located in a town with a pop of 11,600......Tiny little company...pretty much trying to compete with HUGE international tool manufacturers....

you gotta do better than that...
https://abinbev.taleo.net/careersect...9&src=JB-11021

Good:
  • Salary: $29.48 - $30.18/hour
  • High School Diploma or GED required.

But a tech job:
  • PLC programming required; Multiple platforms such as Allen Bradley PLC5, Control Logix, HMI, Siemens and Servo Drive programming and troubleshooting experience preferred.
  • 3 year industrial electrical/programming experience or two-year technical degree preferred.
  • Ability to perform calibrations, installation and maintenance of process and analytical instrumentation.


Your turn. Post jobs for unskilled workers at $20 an hour.
Anon here is offline  
post #54 of 208 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 06:14 PM
Forum Supporter
 
MarriedDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: ORYGUN
Posts: 1,848
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon here View Post
https://abinbev.taleo.net/careersect...9&src=JB-11021

Good:
  • Salary: $29.48 - $30.18/hour
  • High School Diploma or GED required.

But a tech job:
  • PLC programming required; Multiple platforms such as Allen Bradley PLC5, Control Logix, HMI, Siemens and Servo Drive programming and troubleshooting experience preferred.
  • 3 year industrial electrical/programming experience or two-year technical degree preferred.
  • Ability to perform calibrations, installation and maintenance of process and analytical instrumentation.


Your turn. Post jobs for unskilled workers at $20 an hour.
PWR APPRENTICESHIP RATES EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 1, 2016
Page 1
CLASSIFICATION
Journeyman Base Hourly Rate Percentage Base Hourly Fringe
Journeyman Fringe Rate Base Rate Rate Rate
ASBESTOS WORKER
Period
$45.42 1st Year 50% $22.71 $20.77
$20.77 2nd Year 60% $27.25 $20.77
3rd Year 75% $34.07 $20.77
4th Year 85% $38.61 $20.77
BOILERMAKER
Hours
$36.44 0-1000 70% $25.51 $28.75
$28.75 1001-2000 75% $27.33 $28.75
2001-3000 80% $29.15 $28.75
3001-4000 85% $30.97 $28.75
4001-5000 90% $32.80 $28.75
5001-6000 95% $34.62 $28.75
BRICKLAYER
Hours
$34.79 1-1000 50% $17.40 $20.10
$20.10 1000-2000 55% $19.13 $20.10
2000-3000 60% $20.87 $20.10
3000-4000 70% $24.35 $20.10
4000-5000 80% $27.83 $20.10
5000-6000 90% $31.31 $20.10
CARPENTER
Group 1 Period
$34.76 1st 50% $17.38 $14.84
$14.84 2nd 58% $20.16 $14.84
3rd 64% $22.25 $14.84
4th 70% $24.33 $14.84
5th 76% $26.42 $14.84
6th 82% $28.50 $14.84
7th 88% $30.59 $14.84
8th 94% $32.67 $14.84
Group 2 Period
$34.91 1st 50% $17.46 $14.84
$14.84 2nd 58% $20.25 $14.84
3rd 64% $22.34 $14.84
4th 70% $24.44 $14.84
5th 76% $26.53 $14.84
6th 82% $28.63 $14.84
7th 88% $30.72 $14.84
8th 94% $32.82 $14.84


How about non-Apprentice...Non-Union...lets say...Laborer...non-skilled:

LABORER
Zone 1 (Base Rate):
Group 1 26.63 13.50
Group 2 27.65 13.50
Group 3 23.00 13.50

You add the rates together...

Laborer..Group 1....(Guy that pushes a broom)...$40.13 / Hr.

These are the wages that MUST be paid....Non-Skilled

https://www.oregon.gov/boli/WHD/PWR/...ions_2016.aspx

Holes burn deep in your chest,
Raked by machine gun fire.
Screaming soul sent out to die,
Living mandatory suicide.

Last edited by MarriedDude; 11-09-2016 at 06:19 PM.
MarriedDude is offline  
post #55 of 208 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 06:16 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 189
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

On shoring success story: Chrysler in Auburn Hills, MI. Except there are no jobs for manufacturing w/o a degree.

Assembly Line Jobs at FCA US

Anon here is offline  
post #56 of 208 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 06:17 PM
Forum Supporter
 
MarriedDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: ORYGUN
Posts: 1,848
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kivlor View Post
I live in the Midwest, and around here the mode (most common) for starting positions on a line are ~$10-11/hr. Of course, depending on what you do, it can go up. And we've got 1 factory that has much higher standards, and offers ~$18.50/hr to start in their basic position. The turkey plants pay ~$20/hr for live hang, but that's because it's a difficult, miserable job that doesn't have warnings for termination, but rather is immediate. (If a live turkey pecks you, and you do anything mean in response, you're gone. No second chances)

But the median household income in my neck of the woods is $30,500 per year. Median family income is $38,800. Median income for men is $28,500, and $20,600 for women. If the median man works 40 hours a week (and I don't have data on this) then median pay here is $13.70/hr for most men working full time.

If you've got manufacturing work at $15/hr, with low skill required we've got a population that will do it. Problem is we're not Right to Work, so it's hard to get places to move here. I've worked with a lot of companies, and manufacturers have been very clear with me: if you're not RtW, we won't even bother looking at you. Republicans control the Gov, House and Senate now, so I think we've got a chance at it finally. They've sworn they'll pass it. Maybe we can start attracting some employment.
We are Rtw....just REALLY expensive out here...to your left

Holes burn deep in your chest,
Raked by machine gun fire.
Screaming soul sent out to die,
Living mandatory suicide.
MarriedDude is offline  
post #57 of 208 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 06:18 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 189
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarriedDude View Post
PWR APPRENTICESHIP RATES EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 1, 2016
Page 1
CLASSIFICATION
Journeyman Base Hourly Rate Percentage Base Hourly Fringe
Journeyman Fringe Rate Base Rate Rate Rate
ASBESTOS WORKER
Period
$45.42 1st Year 50% $22.71 $20.77
$20.77 2nd Year 60% $27.25 $20.77
3rd Year 75% $34.07 $20.77
4th Year 85% $38.61 $20.77
BOILERMAKER
Hours
$36.44 0-1000 70% $25.51 $28.75
$28.75 1001-2000 75% $27.33 $28.75
2001-3000 80% $29.15 $28.75
3001-4000 85% $30.97 $28.75
4001-5000 90% $32.80 $28.75
5001-6000 95% $34.62 $28.75
BRICKLAYER
Hours
$34.79 1-1000 50% $17.40 $20.10
$20.10 1000-2000 55% $19.13 $20.10
2000-3000 60% $20.87 $20.10
3000-4000 70% $24.35 $20.10
4000-5000 80% $27.83 $20.10
5000-6000 90% $31.31 $20.10
CARPENTER
Group 1 Period
$34.76 1st 50% $17.38 $14.84
$14.84 2nd 58% $20.16 $14.84
3rd 64% $22.25 $14.84
4th 70% $24.33 $14.84
5th 76% $26.42 $14.84
6th 82% $28.50 $14.84
7th 88% $30.59 $14.84
8th 94% $32.67 $14.84
Group 2 Period
$34.91 1st 50% $17.46 $14.84
$14.84 2nd 58% $20.25 $14.84
3rd 64% $22.34 $14.84
4th 70% $24.44 $14.84
5th 76% $26.53 $14.84
6th 82% $28.63 $14.84
7th 88% $30.72 $14.84
8th 94% $32.82 $14.84


How about non-Apprentice...Non-Union...lets say...Laborer...non-skilled:

LABORER
Zone 1 (Base Rate):
Group 1 26.63 13.50
Group 2 27.65 13.50
Group 3 23.00 13.50

You add the rates together...

Laborer..Group 1....(Guy that pushes a broom)...$40.13 / Hr.

These are the wages that MUST be paid....Non-Skilled
How does one become a Boilermaker? And no one thinks broom pushers make $40/hr.
Anon here is offline  
post #58 of 208 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 06:21 PM
Forum Supporter
 
MarriedDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: ORYGUN
Posts: 1,848
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon here View Post
How does one become a Boilermaker? And no one thinks broom pushers make $40/hr.
There you be VERy wrong.

Welcome to the land of contracting...Pushing that Broom...Laborer...Group 1..

ever wonder why construction and industrial maintenance cost so much??? now you know

Holes burn deep in your chest,
Raked by machine gun fire.
Screaming soul sent out to die,
Living mandatory suicide.
MarriedDude is offline  
post #59 of 208 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 06:22 PM
Forum Supporter
 
MarriedDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: ORYGUN
Posts: 1,848
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon here View Post
How does one become a Boilermaker? And no one thinks broom pushers make $40/hr.
You start as an UNSKILLED apprentice...

for BIG MONEY

Holes burn deep in your chest,
Raked by machine gun fire.
Screaming soul sent out to die,
Living mandatory suicide.
MarriedDude is offline  
post #60 of 208 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 06:26 PM
Member
 
VladDracul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Southeast USA
Posts: 962
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiecrna View Post
People voted for him because they wanted change. I agree. But you can't deny that there is another group of people that voted for him because they are racists. That's why the KKK and many hate groups support him.
Just because all folks are not continuously feeling they have to kiss the proverbial azzes of everybody labeled as a "minority" doesn't make them a racist. I've often observed that certain people like to characterize anyone expecting the so called ethnic minorities to follow the same rules as everybody else, as racist. You need to be careful throwing out the racist card when things don't go to your liking. If you haven't noticed, that word is more and more scrutinized when used and is accordingly, losing its power to influence and manipulate.

If you don't embody controversy, what you say will become just another part of the media driven culture of stifling thought and debate about issues.
VladDracul is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The End of Trump Coming Soon See_Listen_Love Politics and Religion 292 11-09-2016 10:10 AM
I hate my ex all over again Pluto2 Life After Divorce 12 11-04-2016 03:00 PM
This is about Trump, and Trump alone samyeagar Politics and Religion 54 08-13-2016 12:29 AM
Facebook hate..... highwood The Ladies' Lounge 52 06-30-2016 06:30 PM
What I hate about my marriage maritalloneliness Reconciliation 4 05-29-2016 11:22 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome