Trump... wins because of hate - Page 6 - Talk About Marriage
Politics and Religion This is the place to discuss politics, morality, religion, and anything controversial.

User Tag List

 399Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #76 of 211 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 10:13 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5,587
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwood View Post
I think Trump has to be given a chance to show what he can/cannot do. I think change is what people wanted and they got it.

I think HIlary lost because of Obamacare? I say this because I heard that the American people pay high premiums and they are set to go even higher....please educate me on Obamacare and if it is bad or good?

I also think the celebrity factor came into it...as a Canadian watching this campaign..it bugged me the last week or so when HRC had celebrities on stage with her..who cares..I doubt that the average American voter cares what JayZ and Beyoncé think...I think the celebrities over estimate how much their political opinions matter.

I also think the email scandal hurt her as well.
I think it did come down to the emails ultimately. They became the rallying point for everything over the past 30 years that was perceived to be crooked and dishonest about Hillary, whether true or not.

Another thing about Americans...don't underestimate the power of celebrity here...remember Trumps major claim to fame, perhaps above anything else is the fact that he is a celebrity...Miss Universe Pageant owner, Celebrity Apprentice.

All that said, she still did get more votes than Trump, and virtually every incumbent on bothe sides won reelection by higher margins than the parties Presidential candidate.


"Let's never stop having sex. We're so good at it, we OWE it to sex to never stop having it."
-My wife
samyeagar is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #77 of 211 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 10:16 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5,587
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarriedDude View Post
Where in the hell can you hire ANYONE...that has actual skills for 12/Hr? I mean skills like...showing up on time, knowing your work location, etc...

If it was possible...I would do it. Hell, that's just more $$$ for me... But, can't find anyone...

My lowest paid guys make close to 20./hr now.
Hire illegals like everyone else does. It's not like there is any serious effort to punish companies that do.

"Let's never stop having sex. We're so good at it, we OWE it to sex to never stop having it."
-My wife
samyeagar is offline  
post #78 of 211 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 11:21 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 189
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarriedDude View Post
I even put the link.

It's for Real. It's insane...but very very real
I see you provided the link now. So, these are state mandated rates required by Oregon law paid to contractors who work on publicly funded projects.

Oregon requires, by law, that a worker is paid $83k a year to push a broom? Why you even mention this I don't understand. No help to your argument providing this info. Nothing to do with onshoring. And the rates are so skewed as to be criminal. All that is wrong with government is here. If I lived in OR, I'd demand the law be repealed.
Anon here is offline  
 
post #79 of 211 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 12:25 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,330
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiecrna View Post
Traditionally the Christian would never vote for a candidate who is for abortion and planned parenthood. This is such a trigger point for Christians. But let's be honest, trump is a closet democrats. (I have no problem with trump by the way, I look forward to what he will do for our country. I do have a problem with the growing hate in this country and it scares me.) Trump has been the complete opposite of what a Christian believes in... so much to the point that the pope even spoke out against him. That is HUGE. Yet he won the Bible Belt voters. Why?? Because they are united in hate. Their hate for immigration, their hate for muslims. It blows my mind and deeply saddens me. No one projected such a victorious win for trump, why? Because he had secret voters, and so much of our country is closet racists.
I thought the Pope was Catholic, not Christian ;p
spotthedeaddog is offline  
post #80 of 211 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 12:26 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,330
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyeagar View Post
Hire illegals like everyone else does. It's not like there is any serious effort to punish companies that do.
$12 US? what you need me do, boss?
spotthedeaddog is offline  
post #81 of 211 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 01:32 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,457
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Trump won because people had become thoroughly sick and tired of years of political correctness and being forced to bend over backwards to appease immigrants and minority groups. The election results only came as a shock, IMO, because people had been too wary, even, of even admitting that they were going to vote for Trump, for fear of being tarred and feathered for being racist.

The worm will always turn and, IMO, whilst it might sound like 'hate' to some, it's more a case of the 'worm' finding its voice and saying enough's enough.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
Cosmos is offline  
post #82 of 211 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 02:46 AM
Member
 
As'laDain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,155
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Trump. the first president to step right out of the economy into the oval office without ever holding military, government, or elected positions.

this should tell you something about our politicians. we are so tired of them that we hired a celebrity businessman to run our country.

"The ecologist is continually having to look at the aspects of nature with which he is unfamiliar and perforce must be an amateur for much of his working time.... professionals may carp at omissions, misconstructions, or even downright errors in these pages. perhaps ultimately they may forgive them for the sake of the overall vision that only the amateur, or the ecologist, blithely sets out to experience."G. Evelyn Hutchinson
As'laDain is online now  
post #83 of 211 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 04:14 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,457
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by As'laDain View Post
Trump. the first president to step right out of the economy into the oval office without ever holding military, government, or elected positions.

this should tell you something about our politicians. we are so tired of them that we hired a celebrity businessman to run our country.
My SO and I were only discussing the same thing this morning, but I'm wondering if we're perhaps entering an era where good government requires sound business acumen rather than military / naval knowledge etc?

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
Cosmos is offline  
post #84 of 211 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 04:39 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 189
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post
My SO and I were only discussing the same thing this morning, but I'm wondering if we're perhaps entering an era where good government requires sound business acumen rather than military / naval knowledge etc?
Sound business acumen? Not seeing it.

But yes to patient, calculating opportunist who saw the large, angry, white, untapped voting block and stood up in front of it. The new era is no era. This could be a turning point. Up to each party to recognize and decide.
Posted via Mobile Device
Anon here is offline  
post #85 of 211 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 06:46 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: MI
Posts: 3,587
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

@Anon here

$12 to start for an unskilled job is better than minimum wage. If you have no skills, you aren't going to get paid much, that is and pretty much has been the way of the world since the 1970s.

I forget how long it takes, but it isn't long, to get a journeymen card for a skilled trade. That is where the $ is and where on shoring is happening.

naiveonedave is offline  
post #86 of 211 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 06:56 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 189
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by naiveonedave View Post
@Anon here

$12 to start for an unskilled job is better than minimum wage. If you have no skills, you aren't going to get paid much, that is and pretty much has been the way of the world since the 1970s.

I forget how long it takes, but it isn't long, to get a journeymen card for a skilled trade. That is where the $ is and where on shoring is happening.
Journeymen are tradesmen. Carpenters, electricians, HVAC. These jobs were never off shored because their work is in this country. You cannot onshore what was never offshored.
Anon here is offline  
post #87 of 211 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 07:00 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: MI
Posts: 3,587
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon here View Post
Journeymen are tradesmen. Carpenters, electricians, HVAC. These jobs were never off shored because their work is in this country. You cannot onshore what was never offshored.
Many factory jobs are skilled, sorry if you don't see that. Also, if you have a factory, you typically need those tradesmen to keep the place running. And generally there is about 1 tradesmen per two non-trades at most factories.
naiveonedave is offline  
post #88 of 211 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 07:09 AM
Member
 
RandomDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 10,958
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyeagar View Post
Hire illegals like everyone else does. It's not like there is any serious effort to punish companies that do.
Illegals at $12 an hour? It's more like $6 an hour where I live, if even that. You get what you paid for though.
RandomDude is offline  
post #89 of 211 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 07:10 AM
jld
Forum Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 18,863
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon here View Post
Sound business acumen? Not seeing it.

But yes to patient, calculating opportunist who saw the large, angry, white, untapped voting block and stood up in front of it. The new era is no era. This could be a turning point. Up to each party to recognize and decide.
Posted via Mobile Device
Do you think he is a pure opportunist? Or does he, in at least some ways, think the same way his voters do?
Posted via Mobile Device

One of the deepest feminine pleasures is when a man stands full, present, and unreactive in the midst of his woman's emotional storms. When he stays present with her, and loves her through the layers of wildness and closure, then she feels his trustability, and she can relax. -- David Deida, The Way of the Superior Man
jld is offline  
post #90 of 211 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 09:18 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 189
Re: Trump... wins because of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by naiveonedave View Post
Many factory jobs are skilled, sorry if you don't see that. Also, if you have a factory, you typically need those tradesmen to keep the place running. And generally there is about 1 tradesmen per two non-trades at most factories.
By proxy those jobs are created. Same for the admin who sits at the front desk, but no one would call that an "on shored" job.

Curious to see examples of the 2:1 you mentioned.

Last edited by Anon here; 11-10-2016 at 10:03 AM.
Anon here is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The End of Trump Coming Soon See_Listen_Love Politics and Religion 292 11-09-2016 10:10 AM
I hate my ex all over again Pluto2 Life After Divorce 12 11-04-2016 03:00 PM
This is about Trump, and Trump alone samyeagar Politics and Religion 54 08-13-2016 12:29 AM
Facebook hate..... highwood The Ladies' Lounge 52 06-30-2016 06:30 PM
What I hate about my marriage maritalloneliness Reconciliation 4 05-29-2016 11:22 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome