Speculation on what to expect now - Page 10 - Talk About Marriage
Politics and Religion This is the place to discuss politics, morality, religion, and anything controversial.

User Tag List

 206Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #136 of 163 (permalink) Old 11-13-2016, 06:40 AM
jld
Forum Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 20,116
Re: Speculation on what to expect now

Quote:
Originally Posted by becareful2 View Post
Protect the country from what? He is the most divisive president in history. His rhetoric has divided the rich from the poor, conservatives from liberals, Republicans from Democrats, blacks from whites, citizens and lawful immigrants from illegal immigrants.



I disagree. Obama took credit for ACA, just like he took credit for many other things, but when there were bad news, he blamed others. He blamed the American people, he blamed the military generals, he blamed Bush, ...

He even blamed ATMs and airport kiosks for job loss. ""Layoffs too often became permanent, not part of the business cycle. And these changes didn't just affect blue collar workers. If you were a bank teller or a phone operator or a travel agent, you saw many in your profession replaced by ATMs and the internet," President Obama said at a campaign event in Kansas."

One of his nicknames is the blamer-in-chief.
Automation has eliminated some jobs. That is just a fact.

As far as the "blaming" others, and taking credit unnecessarily, I am just not seeing it.

We are indeed a divided nation. We clearly see through different lenses.
Posted via Mobile Device


One of the deepest feminine pleasures is when a man stands full, present, and unreactive in the midst of his woman's emotional storms. When he stays present with her, and loves her through the layers of wildness and closure, then she feels his trustability, and she can relax. -- David Deida, The Way of the Superior Man
jld is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #137 of 163 (permalink) Old 11-13-2016, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Cletus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 4,509
Re: Speculation on what to expect now

Quote:
Originally Posted by becareful2 View Post

He even blamed ATMs and airport kiosks for job loss. ""Layoffs too often became permanent, not part of the business cycle. And these changes didn't just affect blue collar workers. If you were a bank teller or a phone operator or a travel agent, you saw many in your profession replaced by ATMs and the internet," President Obama said at a campaign event in Kansas."

One of his nicknames is the blamer-in-chief.
Where I come from, this is called telling the truth. Because, well, it is.
Cletus is offline  
post #138 of 163 (permalink) Old 11-13-2016, 04:37 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,016
Re: Speculation on what to expect now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
Where I come from, this is called telling the truth. Because, well, it is.
Yeah? And every time a bad unemployment report came out, and there were many, he found something else to blame it on. There was a pattern of begging for the job and then blaming everything under the sun when he couldn't deliver on his promises. He's never created a single job, he never had any executive experience. From changing his votes multiple times in the Illinois Senate to voting present to being indecisive on giving the kill order to SEAL Team 6 to take the Osama compound; he led from behind most of his life. Of course, he was going to fail; he even failed as community organizer.

Last edited by becareful2; 11-13-2016 at 04:41 PM.
becareful2 is offline  
 
post #139 of 163 (permalink) Old 11-13-2016, 04:43 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,016
Re: Speculation on what to expect now

Quote:
Originally Posted by john117 View Post
When was the last time you used a travel agent?
I think you missed the point. Great leaders don't make excuses. He shouldn't have asked for the job if he couldn't do it. He was the one who championed labor unions' high wage demands, and he turns around to "mansplain" to us little people why employers had to fight back against those policies that he advocated.
becareful2 is offline  
post #140 of 163 (permalink) Old 11-13-2016, 04:46 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,016
Re: Speculation on what to expect now

Quote:
Originally Posted by jld View Post
Automation has eliminated some jobs. That is just a fact.

As far as the "blaming" others, and taking credit unnecessarily, I am just not seeing it.

We are indeed a divided nation. We clearly see through different lenses.
What would you think if I posted more examples of his blaming others? Would you just brush it off or would you take a step back and reevaluate your opinion of him? I assure you, the examples are not hard to find at all. Had I known that many of his supporters would experience selective amnesia, I would have chronicled those examples as I found them in the news.
becareful2 is offline  
post #141 of 163 (permalink) Old 11-13-2016, 04:48 PM
jld
Forum Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 20,116
Re: Speculation on what to expect now

Quote:
Originally Posted by becareful2 View Post
What would you think if I posted more examples of his blaming others? Would you just brush it off or would you take a step back and reevaluate your opinion of him? I assure you, the examples are not hard to find at all. Had I known that many of his supporters would experience selective amnesia, I would have chronicled those examples as I found them in the news.
Sure, go ahead. Free speech is how we learn.

One of the deepest feminine pleasures is when a man stands full, present, and unreactive in the midst of his woman's emotional storms. When he stays present with her, and loves her through the layers of wildness and closure, then she feels his trustability, and she can relax. -- David Deida, The Way of the Superior Man
jld is offline  
post #142 of 163 (permalink) Old 11-13-2016, 06:19 PM
Member
 
john117's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Midwest USA
Posts: 11,592
Re: Speculation on what to expect now

Quote:
Originally Posted by becareful2 View Post
I think you missed the point. Great leaders don't make excuses. He shouldn't have asked for the job if he couldn't do it. He was the one who championed labor unions' high wage demands, and he turns around to "mansplain" to us little people why employers had to fight back against those policies that he advocated.
Typical politician in other words
john117 is online now  
post #143 of 163 (permalink) Old 11-13-2016, 06:46 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,016
Re: Speculation on what to expect now

Quote:
Originally Posted by jld View Post
Sure, go ahead. Free speech is how we learn.
"This is my administration. I always take responsibility." -Obama during a VA press briefing in 2014.

Now, watch him blame others...

Example #1
Obama blames the international community for not helping enough to stop Ebola. This came via CBS News White House Correspondent Mark Knoller.


Example #2
Obama blames old computers at the Veterans' Affairs hospitals for scheduling conflicts.

Susan Crabtree works at the DC Examiner and used to be senior editor and investigative reporter at The Hill. She tweeted this:



The VA was cooking the books in concealing the true wait times our vets had to endure while they waited for medical healthcare. In other words, over 40 vets died while waiting for healthcare because of old computers, according to Obama In accepting VA Secretary Eric Shinseki's resignation (only after the Democrats in Congress have been complaining for weeks, Obama finally and reluctantly accepted his resignation letter.). In this press conference, at the 5:15 mark, Obama said he had been working really hard to fix this problem, but a 2008 memo obtained by CBS News showed that VA officials had informed the Obama-Biden transition team of this very issue, so it took Obama from 2008 to 2014 to finally talk about this massive problem, and he did it by firing Eric Shinseki, by blaming old computers, and by lying that he had been working hard to fix this issue.

In this Daily Mail article, then White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said that Obama just learned of the VA scandal from TV, just like he learned of other scandals like the IRS scandal, the Fast & Furious scandal, and the reporters being spied on scandal. Again, that contradicts the 2008 memo from the VA officials. He's a serial liar but most people can't or don't want to pay enough attention to connect the dots.

Example #3
In this Youtube video, at the 3:30 mark, Obama blames the Orlando massacre on guns, rather than the radical Muslim who killed all those innocent people. That's like blaming airplanes on 9/11. Planes and guns don't kill anybody, unless they're directed at buildings or pointed at others and the trigger is pulled.

Example #4
Obama blames Cameron and Sarchozy for the mess in post-Gaddafi Libya. source. On a related note, given other examples like this in which Obama's rhetoric alienates our allies, why do his supporters insist that our reputation on the world stage has increased and not decreased? It doesn't make sense.

Example #5
Obama blames Benghazi on an anti-Muslim video. Not true, as Benghazi was an orchestrated, pre-planned attack, while the video had been released months before with no protests from Muslims until the Obama administration made a stink about it.

Example #6
Obama blames some of Washington's problems on Citizens United. From HuffPo and a WaPo tweet below.


Example #7
Obama blames the Mexican people AND Americans as well as gun smuggling for the violence in Mexico. He says that Americans demand for illegal drugs and gun smuggling contributed to the problem. I wonder if he has ever heard of this little known DOJ sanctioned gun smuggling operation called Fast & Furious? Nah. Source from Reuters. You think he'd ever take the blame for F&F? I don't.

Example #8
Susan Rice was National Security Advisor and one of the people who blamed Benghazi on a Youtube video. She was later in the running for Secretary of State but withdrew her name. Obama blamed it on "unfair and misleading attacks" for her being removed from consideration for the job. Maybe if he, Hillary, and Rice didnt lie to the American people about Benghazi being caused by a Youtube video, Rice would have had a shot at SOS. source

Example #9
Obama blames 2/3 of the voters who didn't show up to vote in the 2014 election. It wasn't due to a repudiation of his policies or anything. Nope, it was the voters fault. Whenever Obama tweets, he puts his name at the end.


Example #10,
In addition to ATMs and airport Kiosks, Obama also blamed the Arab Springs, the earthquake in Japan, and high oil prices for the poor jobs report. source. Just about every time a poor jobs report came out, he would come up with something to blame for it.

I could post more examples, but it won't change anybody's mind. Plus, it's time consuming and I have a life.
becareful2 is offline  
post #144 of 163 (permalink) Old 11-13-2016, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Cletus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 4,509
Re: Speculation on what to expect now

Quote:
Originally Posted by becareful2 View Post
Yeah? And every time a bad unemployment report came out, and there were many, he found something else to blame it on. There was a pattern of begging for the job and then blaming everything under the sun when he couldn't deliver on his promises. He's never created a single job, he never had any executive experience. From changing his votes multiple times in the Illinois Senate to voting present to being indecisive on giving the kill order to SEAL Team 6 to take the Osama compound; he led from behind most of his life. Of course, he was going to fail; he even failed as community organizer.
Nice rant. Almost made me forget that you didn't disagree with me.
Cletus is offline  
post #145 of 163 (permalink) Old 11-13-2016, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Cletus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 4,509
Re: Speculation on what to expect now

Quote:
Originally Posted by becareful2 View Post

I could post more examples, but it won't change anybody's mind. Plus, it's time consuming and I have a life.
I just wasted a bunch of it to discover that you prefer simplistic answers to complex problems, and despise a president who doesn't provide them.

It's your personal preference, and you're welcome to it, but it isn't mine.

Cletus is offline  
post #146 of 163 (permalink) Old 11-13-2016, 11:46 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,016
Re: Speculation on what to expect now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
I just wasted a bunch of it to discover that you prefer simplistic answers to complex problems, and despise a president who doesn't provide them.

It's your personal preference, and you're welcome to it, but it isn't mine.
I despise him because he's an inept, incompetent, race-baiting, serial lying failure who has divided this country and makes a mess of every problem he's tried to tackle.

Like I said, you are big on rhetoric, little on facts, but keep telling me how I'm wrong. That's one of the reasons Trump just won the presidency.

BTW, I'm not offended, and the examples above are for jld.

Last edited by becareful2; 11-13-2016 at 11:50 PM.
becareful2 is offline  
post #147 of 163 (permalink) Old 11-13-2016, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Cletus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 4,509
Re: Speculation on what to expect now

Quote:
Originally Posted by becareful2 View Post
Like I said, you are big on rhetoric, little on facts, but keep telling me how I'm wrong. That's one of the reasons Trump just won the presidency.
Any time you want to engage in a conversation about something factual, have at it. I haven't seen it yet. All I've seen so far is an extended opinion piece suitable for the op ed page.

You say potato. I say potahto. You're not so confused as to think your opinion counts as a fact, are you? Mine doesn't.
Cletus is offline  
post #148 of 163 (permalink) Old 11-13-2016, 11:52 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,016
Re: Speculation on what to expect now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
Any time you want to engage in a conversation about something factual, have at it. I haven't seen it yet. All I've seen so far is an extended opinion piece suitable for the op ed page.

You say potato. I say potahto. You're not so confused as to think your opinion counts as a fact, are you? Mine doesn't.
I've provided verifiable facts, in Obama's own words, no less. You have provided nothing.
becareful2 is offline  
post #149 of 163 (permalink) Old 11-13-2016, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Cletus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 4,509
Re: Speculation on what to expect now

Quote:
Originally Posted by becareful2 View Post
I've provided verifiable facts, in Obama's own words, no less. You have provided nothing.
You provide a quote. You say Obama is blaming someone else. I say he's explaining the reality of the situation. You think he's weak. I disagree.

What I don't see anywhere in sight is this supposed "fact". But if you don't understand the distinction, I can't teach it to you.
Cletus is offline  
post #150 of 163 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 12:08 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,016
Re: Speculation on what to expect now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
You provide a quote. You say Obama is blaming someone else. I say he's explaining the reality of the situation. You think he's weak. I disagree.

What I don't see anywhere in sight is this supposed "fact". But if you don't understand the distinction, I can't teach it to you.
My opinions were derived from verifiable facts of his own words and current events. It's called reading between the lines; it's called reading comprehension. They taught that in grade school.
becareful2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do we expect too much of our spouse in this day and age? btterflykisses Long Term Success in Marriage 29 07-25-2016 05:48 PM
Reasonable to expect your H to keep junk out of the house? Celes The Ladies' Lounge 25 03-07-2016 03:10 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome