Bannon - Page 4 - Talk About Marriage
Politics and Religion This is the place to discuss politics, morality, religion, and anything controversial.

User Tag List

 424Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #46 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 09:09 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,655
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by farsidejunky View Post
Is this really any different than Obama appointing Van Jones?

Appalling to those from the other side, and meh from the same side?
Where is @Kivlor with his false equivalencies pic?

Herschel is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #47 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 09:13 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: MI
Posts: 3,577
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschel View Post
I swear, you just like to troll me. I have never said EVERYONE who voted for Trump is a racist. Go through my posts and find that. It's absurd and you try to use it against me to justify your opinion. If that lets you sleep at night, goferit.

However, I DID say that those who voted for Trump are ok with having a racist running our country and pretty much the world. There is something significantly different there, well, at least in my world...maybe not yours.

OKAY, not you personally, but a vastly large fraction of the side that didn't vote for Trump. Your side is creating this problem, which really isn't a problem. By you inability to see that most of the Trump supporters are not racist, etc.
naiveonedave is offline  
post #48 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 09:15 AM
Member
 
EunuchMonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 564
Re: Bannon

Show where he has been racist. In building a wall to prevent illegal immigrants? Knowing there isn't a good vetting process when accepting persons from the middle east (birthplace and home of radical islam) therefore stopping their influx until a better vetting process can be implemented? I see no racism.

Even if I don't get likes for it, I'm still going to say it.
EunuchMonk is offline  
 
post #49 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 09:23 AM
Forum Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5,485
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomDude View Post
Can someone please post some REAL proof that Bannon is a supremist?
No, because there is none.

Always remember the LD motto: "Sex isn't important!!!"
tech-novelist is offline  
post #50 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 09:41 AM
Member
 
Kivlor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Rural Midwest
Posts: 2,654
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschel View Post
Where is @Kivlor with his false equivalencies pic?
It actually is a false equivalency. With Van Jones, there was plenty of proof of his previous activity. With Bannon, you've got nothing substantial yet. Could he be what you and the left claim? Sure. Evidence is lacking though.

He (Jones) has openly promoted the ideas of "environmental racism" and "environmental justice"


What you have on Bannon is "Oh my stars he let Milo Yiannopoulos call himself "the Dangerous Faggot" and go on a "Dangerous Faggot Tour" where he, as a gay man, spoke out against all sorts of Left-Wing Social Justice / Politically Correct nonsense. Dear gods! A gay man called himself the gay equivalent of n*gger! Some other guy must be a White Supremacist!!!!1111!!eleventyone!

Here's the article on Birth Control and it's side-effects on women. Which is substantiated with citations. Written by Yiannopoulos, who self-describes as a professional "Provocateur".

And here's "Teenage Boys with Tits" a review of the Ghostbusters revamp, which has been hailed as terrible far and wide. Another Milo piece.

Perhaps you should become familiar with the term "Clickbait".

Do you hear the people sing / Lost in the valley of the night?
It is the music of a people / Who are climbing to the light.
For the wretched of the earth / There is a flame that never dies.
Even the darkest night will end / And the sun will rise...
Kivlor is online now  
post #51 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 09:47 AM
Member
 
Kivlor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Rural Midwest
Posts: 2,654
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeistooshort View Post
Ha ha ha, that's what you get. Doesn't matter what Trump does because Clinton, Clinton, Clinton.

Geez, if that's the best defense you've got its pretty weak.

I guess nobody can utter a peep about anything Trump does because.......CLINTON!

This is what Trump meant when he said he could shoot someone and people would still support him.

He was right.
Posted via Mobile Device
It is fair to compare Clinton with Trump because Clinton was the alternative. It is fair to compare them because the people making these claims are the same people who support Clinton as we speak. The same people whose followers have been rioting because their candidate lost. Not protesting. Rioting.

It is fair to compare them, because it is an opportunity to see if you actually have principles, or if you are a partisan, merely attacking the TEAM you don't like. If you don't hold your own people to the same standards, then why should we care what you say about your opponents? If you are okay with Clinton admiring Robert Byrd--a member and leader in the KKK--and going so far as to call him a friend and mentor, but you're panicking at the idea of Bannon being nominated for a cabinet position, when no evidence supports the panic about him, then you are merely an ideologue.

The cognitive dissonance in the Left right now is amazing.

Do you hear the people sing / Lost in the valley of the night?
It is the music of a people / Who are climbing to the light.
For the wretched of the earth / There is a flame that never dies.
Even the darkest night will end / And the sun will rise...
Kivlor is online now  
post #52 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 09:51 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 3,039
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jld View Post
Just ran across this, which reminded me of your post, Nora:

"It is important to note the promotion of Stephen Brannon as a senior advisor in the Trump cabinet, this move insures that the alt-right media is directly plugged into the highest level of White House proceedings. The significance of this is that Brannon has now become a de facto Minister of Information for the Trump administration, specifically chosen to disseminate spin to the alt-right media, keeping his proto-Fascist base properly satiated."

https://collapseofindustrialciviliza...e-deplorables/
This sounds like the lefts version of infowars.

Here is the man in his own words from that ultra right wing website Buzzfeed. I don't agree with everything he said but he doesn't sound like the KKK. He also has an hassidic jew as a partner.

Again remember the media has an agenda when they report things. Do some research before you come to a conclusion.

Last edited by sokillme; 11-16-2016 at 10:11 AM.
sokillme is offline  
post #53 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 09:52 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 3,039
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomDude View Post
I'm actually curious on the evidence of the allegations that Bannon is a white supremacist. All I see on that "Briedfart" news site or something is just random non-supremist topics.

After a recent video that just enlightened me on how the media had twisted Trump's speeches, I'm questioning the ability of the media to report fairly on the matter.

I would be very disappointed if not just Trump but Bannon also turns out to be just victims of the media. That would pin the responsibility of all the recent hate crimes on both ideological sides on - the media, instead of our favorite poster child. Trump isn't as entertaining when he's not racist
Post the video.
sokillme is offline  
post #54 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 09:58 AM
Moderator
 
farsidejunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 7,349
Re: Bannon

The funny thing is that people assume that when I make an equivalency, I am supporting Trump.

Did it occur to folks who assume such that I might be saying the entire political class sucks? And guess what: if you are a partisan, you are perpetuating that problem.

Yes, I am conservative, but I believe in consistency. No, Trump is not conservative.

Be consistent. Partisans wrap themselves in the blanket of hypocrisy, with an agenda as a justification. Frankly they make me sick, whether they are from the left or the right.

"Our ability to feel joy is directly related to how much pain we are willing to feel." - Mavash.

"The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for." - Bob Marley

Last edited by farsidejunky; 11-16-2016 at 10:11 AM.
farsidejunky is offline  
post #55 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 10:03 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 3,039
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EunuchMonk View Post
Show where he has been racist. In building a wall to prevent illegal immigrants? Knowing there isn't a good vetting process when accepting persons from the middle east (birthplace and home of radical islam) therefore stopping their influx until a better vetting process can be implemented? I see no racism.
I think you have to accept that if you believe those things you are raciest now as how the definition has changed in the last 8 years. This is how the media/dems/progressives see it. All that means is that there are a lot more racists. The sad part of that is there are very real and dangerous people who want to oppress people who are different than them just because of their race, but because the word has been changed to mean anyone who believes what you just wrote, since 50% and is some cases (stopping illegal immigration) it is much more, most people now just shrug there shoulders.

It is getting to the point where many people say "well I guess I am racist." and just move on. They continue to call anyone who voted for Trump racist, minorities,the 49% woman, all racists and misogynists. This is the legacy of calling anyone who disagrees with you a racist. Now when that call a true bigoted person who tries to oppress people like David Duke a racist the reasonable person who isn't paying attention thinks well he must just not like illegal immigration like me. It helps racists, it normalizes true racists and it hurts people being oppressed, and the media and collage professors far left progressives are to blame.


Last edited by sokillme; 11-16-2016 at 10:09 AM.
sokillme is offline  
post #56 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 10:06 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 3,039
Re: Bannon

partisans are the enemy of reason.
sokillme is offline  
post #57 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 10:09 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,655
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by naiveonedave View Post
OKAY, not you personally, but a vastly large fraction of the side that didn't vote for Trump. Your side is creating this problem, which really isn't a problem. By you inability to see that most of the Trump supporters are not racist, etc.
Wait, wut? Maybe your "side's" (I put side in quotes because as I stated in a previous post, it is inherently unamerican to say there are sides. If you are on a side, you are in favor of fascism), which allows for a racist, sexist, bigot with no experience, no-how, who has no idea what it will be like to be president, puts in extremely questionable people to top positions, wants to live in Trump Tower on the weekends, demagogue to be president...fault.

You fail to see how his stances affect a HUGE proportion of the citizens of this country in an extremely personal way. You fail to acknowledge that he alienates so many people just by his rhetoric. You fail to see how polarizing and dismissive he is. Nobody on "my" side created this. The people on "my" side are living it. How dare they not want to live like that in 2016.
Herschel is offline  
post #58 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 10:09 AM
Member
 
NobodySpecial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 5,108
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeistooshort View Post
Ha ha ha, that's what you get. Doesn't matter what Trump does because Clinton, Clinton, Clinton.

Geez, if that's the best defense you've got its pretty weak.

I guess nobody can utter a peep about anything Trump does because.......CLINTON!

This is what Trump meant when he said he could shoot someone and people would still support him.

He was right.
Posted via Mobile Device
The false equivalency is staggering.
NobodySpecial is offline  
post #59 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 10:14 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 3,039
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschel View Post
Wait, wut? Maybe your "side's" (I put side in quotes because as I stated in a previous post, it is inherently unamerican to say there are sides. If you are on a side, you are in favor of fascism), which allows for a racist, sexist, bigot with no experience, no-how, who has no idea what it will be like to be president, puts in extremely questionable people to top positions, wants to live in Trump Tower on the weekends, demagogue to be president...fault.

You fail to see how his stances affect a HUGE proportion of the citizens of this country in an extremely personal way. You fail to acknowledge that he alienates so many people just by his rhetoric. You fail to see how polarizing and dismissive he is. Nobody on "my" side created this. The people on "my" side are living it. How dare they not want to live like that in 2016.
You do understand that many on the Right felt that way about Obama right?
sokillme is offline  
post #60 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 10:16 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: MI
Posts: 3,577
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschel View Post
Wait, wut? Maybe your "side's" (I put side in quotes because as I stated in a previous post, it is inherently unamerican to say there are sides. If you are on a side, you are in favor of fascism), which allows for a racist, sexist, bigot with no experience, no-how, who has no idea what it will be like to be president, puts in extremely questionable people to top positions, wants to live in Trump Tower on the weekends, demagogue to be president...fault.

You fail to see how his stances affect a HUGE proportion of the citizens of this country in an extremely personal way. You fail to acknowledge that he alienates so many people just by his rhetoric. You fail to see how polarizing and dismissive he is. Nobody on "my" side created this. The people on "my" side are living it. How dare they not want to live like that in 2016.
If someone can show me an unedited speech by Trump (or anyone he appoints) that shows said person is racist, I would be for removal of said person. THE PROBLEM IS YOU CAN'T, because HE ISN'T. Racism is not acceptable. Calling someone a racist who isn't is worse than unacceptable.

Well, since I spent 8 years listening to how I am a racist homophobe, etc, the left should have seen this coming in spades. YOUR SIDE DID create it. You have pushed the race card, the war on women card, etc from prior to my birth. Get over it, some racism and sexism exist. But it is not only the right and it is a very small minority. Have a 18 year old son and I will show you where sexism really is (education). But that is another thread for another day.
naiveonedave is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Was this an anti-woman anti-foreigner vote? MattMatt Politics and Religion 700 11-22-2016 08:38 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome