Bannon - Page 6 - Talk About Marriage
Politics and Religion This is the place to discuss politics, morality, religion, and anything controversial.

User Tag List

 424Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #76 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 12:29 PM
Member
 
EllisRedding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Valhalla (Or the Northeast USA)
Posts: 6,109
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAldi View Post
Is this some US boy band called NWO?
Never heard of them!


Sent from my B1-730HD using Tapatalk
Sorry, wrong image ...



EllisRedding is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #77 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 12:37 PM
Member
 
MrsAldi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Ireland
Posts: 3,357
Re: Bannon

@EllisRedding
No, I pictured the NWO as a bunch of Muppets!



Sent from my B1-730HD using Tapatalk
MrsAldi is offline  
post #78 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 12:40 PM
Member
 
RandomDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 10,957
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAldi View Post
@EllisRedding
No, I pictured the NWO as a bunch of Muppets!



Sent from my B1-730HD using Tapatalk
Strange, I managed to conjure a "similar" image:

RandomDude is online now  
 
post #79 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 01:12 PM
Forum Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5,495
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAldi View Post
Who are the NWO? Corporations??

Sent from my B1-730HD using Tapatalk
It's too complicated to explain briefly, but look up CFR and the Bilderberg group for a start.

Always remember the LD motto: "Sex isn't important!!!"
tech-novelist is offline  
post #80 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 02:02 PM
Member
 
VermisciousKnid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New England
Posts: 1,984
Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomDude View Post
Also, and unless someone proves that Trump or Bannon IS racist, solid FACTS... WTF is up with the world leaders of the world? How can so many be so fking guillible and stupid, oh wait... or are they just promoting the leftist message? Yada yada... politically correct, extreme left, silence criticism by race/sexist/homo... and this is why I hate the 2 party system, choosing between 2 ****wads. And as when you vote (since it's 1 to 5) you have to give either of the two big parties - a 1 or a 2.

... Is this how it is in your country too?

Only way out of it is to draw THIS on the ballet:


Which in the end, isn't voting at all -.-

Anyway... /end vent

PLEASE someone prove Trump OR Bannon is racist, would be less scary
I don't think you can even get people to agree on WHAT is racist. That would be a start. Are there degrees of racist behavior? Can you have a good friend who's African American and also refuse to hire African Americans at your job and still call yourself 'not racist'? There's so many ways that racism can be manifested and I think that some people don't consider them all.

Some folks think it's an either/or proposition - that makes things more difficult because then you have to have some calculation

Last edited by VermisciousKnid; 11-16-2016 at 02:15 PM.
VermisciousKnid is offline  
post #81 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 02:33 PM
Moderator
 
EleGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 31,654
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermisciousKnid View Post
I don't think you can even get people to agree on WHAT is racist. That would be a start. Are there degrees of racist behavior? Can you have a good friend who's African American and also refuse to hire African Americans at your job and still call yourself 'not racist'? There's so many ways that racism can be manifested and I think that some people don't consider them all.

Some folks think it's an either/or proposition - that makes things more difficult because then you have to have some calculation
If we talk about 'racism' in a very broad sense, just about everyone has some 'racist' thoughts.

People tend to prefer to interact with people who are like them. There is a inborn draw to our own 'tribe'. This goes for all humans.

Some people define their own tribe more broadly, or differently than others.

True racism is the belief that one race is literally superior to others and to act on that belief. Or the belief that another race is inherently bad. This is why organizations like the KKK, White Supremists, Nation of Islam, Black Panthers, and so forth are so dangerous. They are turely hate groups.

CAIR is a hate group but not a racist hate group. Their belief is that Muslims are superior and should take over the world because anyone of any other religion is an undesirable. It's just as bad as racism, only using another criteria for hate and justification of violence, discrimination and apartheid.

Last edited by EleGirl; 11-16-2016 at 05:22 PM.
EleGirl is online now  
post #82 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 04:09 PM
Forum Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5,495
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EleGirl View Post
IThis is why organizations like the ... White Euphemists ... are so dangerous. They are turely hate groups.

Always remember the LD motto: "Sex isn't important!!!"
tech-novelist is offline  
post #83 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 189
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech-novelist View Post
No, because there is none.
Looking for a smiling Bannon headshot with a swastica? Not going to find one.

Looking for articles that espouse hatred of gays, non-Christians, non-whites? Breitbart.
Posted via Mobile Device
Anon here is offline  
post #84 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 05:06 PM
Member
 
EunuchMonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 566
Re: Bannon

I get the feeling we haven't seen the last of Hill. The Electoral College might still boot The Donald. It seemed so strange that he won against the Establishment. I don't think he should move his boxers shorts into the Oval Office yet.

Even if I don't get likes for it, I'm still going to say it.
EunuchMonk is offline  
post #85 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 05:16 PM
Moderator
 
EleGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 31,654
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech-novelist View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EleGirl View Post
IThis is why organizations like the ... White Euphemists ... are so dangerous. They are turely hate groups.

WTH???!!!

MS Word auto correct kept changing that word and I kept changing it back. And it still ended up in my post. pssst on MS Word

EleGirl is online now  
post #86 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 05:20 PM
Moderator
 
EleGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 31,654
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EunuchMonk View Post
I get the feeling we haven't seen the last of Hill. The Electoral College might still boot The Donald. It seemed so strange that he won against the Establishment. I don't think he should move his boxers shorts into the Oval Office yet.
If people think that things are ugly right now, they will really see ugly if that happens.

I think that many more thousand will march in the street in protest.

The things about her winning the popular vote is that not all of the vote was counted. For example the vote of over seas military members are uncounted. That's a substantial number. Other absentee votes, etc. still need counting . But with the electoral vote there is no need to count them.

Illegals who voted. I have no doubt that most voted for Hillary. All of those votes would need to be found and removed. That would put Trump in the front.
EleGirl is online now  
post #87 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 05:21 PM
Member
 
VermisciousKnid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New England
Posts: 1,984
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EleGirl View Post
If we talk about 'racism' in a very broad sense, just about everyone has some 'racist' thoughts.

People tend to prefer to interact with people who are like them. There is a inborn draw to our own 'tribe'. This goes for all humans.

Some people define their own tribe more broadly, or differently than others.

True racism is the belief that one race is literally superior to others and to act on that belief. Or the belief that another race is inherently bad. This is why organizations like the KKK, White Euphemists, Nation of Islam, Black Panthers, and so forth are so dangerous. They are turely hate groups.

CAIR is a hate group but not a racist hate group. Their belief is that Muslims are superior and should take over the world because anyone of any other religion is an undesirable. It's just as bad as racism, only using another criteria for hate and justification of violence, discrimination and apartheid.
Sure, but we're really interested in the manifestation of racism. If some hate group in the wilderness is so isolated that no one is affected by their lunacy then that's not much of a problem.

But if some guy decides that he won't rent his apartments to minorities who have the same qualifications as whites for some reason then that is racial discrimination. It isn't hate, per se. It's outlawed under the Fair Housing Act. Some but not all people call that racism.

Is it as bad as other manifestations? I don't know. I've never been on the receiving end. Does it hurt? I'm sure it does.

To me, this is the issue. The KKK is a known quantity with limited influence. I'm not worried about them. What about more mainstream groups with more influence that push policies that enable bias?
VermisciousKnid is offline  
post #88 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 05:31 PM
Moderator
 
EleGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 31,654
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermisciousKnid View Post
Sure, but we're really interested in the manifestation of racism. If some hate group in the wilderness is so isolated that no one is affected by their lunacy then that's not much of a problem.
Ok... but we need to keep an eye on them because at any point they can grow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermisciousKnid View Post
But if some guy decides that he won't rent his apartments to minorities who have the same qualifications as whites for some reason then that is racial discrimination. It isn't hate, per se. It's outlawed under the Fair Housing Act. Some but not all people call that racism.
I disagree with you on this. If someone will not rent to a person based on their race alone, that is a clearly racist act. That is based on a belief that there is something intrinsically wrong with people of the refused race.

Why you would even think that I was excusing or condoning that kind of behavior and/or belief system is beyond me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VermisciousKnid View Post
Is it as bad as other manifestations? I don't know. I've never been on the receiving end. Does it hurt? I'm sure it does.
Again, I call that out and out racism. Again, I have no idea why you would think I was making excuses for that. I’m trying very hard not to be offended and only hope that the issue is that I was not clear enough. So I’m being very clear and empathic here.

And by the way, I know exactly what it feels to not have an apartment rented to me based on race and gender. I know what it feels like to be discriminated against because of gender in so many ways: refused many jobs based on my gender; refused entry into degree programs based on gender; paid 50% of the amount males were paid based on my gender; and on and on.

Being discriminated against for race or for gender feels the same. It all hurts and it’s just wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VermisciousKnid View Post
To me, this is the issue. The KKK is a known quantity with limited influence. I'm not worried about them. What about more mainstream groups with more influence that push policies that enable bias?
Yes and those groups exist. There are ones on all sides of the political spectrum. The idea that they only exist on the right is what is bothering me. And keep in mind that I do not aline with any political party or ideology. And perhaps because of this I see the horrible hypocrisy on all sides.
EleGirl is online now  
post #89 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 05:31 PM
Forum Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5,495
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EleGirl View Post
If people think that things are ugly right now, they will really see ugly if that happens.

I think that many more thousand will march in the street in protest.
I think that is the least of the problems that would occur:


Always remember the LD motto: "Sex isn't important!!!"
tech-novelist is offline  
post #90 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 05:33 PM
Forum Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5,495
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon here View Post
Looking for a smiling Bannon headshot with a swastica? Not going to find one.

Looking for articles that espouse hatred of gays, non-Christians, non-whites? Breitbart.
Posted via Mobile Device
EXCLUSIVE - Alan Dershowitz Defends Steve Bannon: ?Not Legitimate To Call Somebody An Anti-Semite Because You Disagree With Their Policies? - Breitbart

Always remember the LD motto: "Sex isn't important!!!"
tech-novelist is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Was this an anti-woman anti-foreigner vote? MattMatt Politics and Religion 700 11-22-2016 08:38 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome