Bannon - Page 7 - Talk About Marriage
Politics and Religion This is the place to discuss politics, morality, religion, and anything controversial.

User Tag List

 424Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #91 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 06:37 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 3,027
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon here View Post
Looking for a smiling Bannon headshot with a swastica? Not going to find one.

Looking for articles that espouse hatred of gays, non-Christians, non-whites? Breitbart.
Posted via Mobile Device
Post some.

sokillme is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 06:38 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 3,027
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EunuchMonk View Post
I get the feeling we haven't seen the last of Hill. The Electoral College might still boot The Donald. It seemed so strange that he won against the Establishment. I don't think he should move his boxers shorts into the Oval Office yet.
If that happened you would have another civil war. I didn't vote for either of them but I would fight in it. You don't get to change the rules because you don't like the outcome.
sokillme is online now  
post #93 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 06:46 PM
Member
 
norajane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,378
Re: Bannon

When David Duke and the KKK are excited that Trump chose Bannon, and ecstatic that Trump was elected, that says something. It says Davide Duke and the KKK, and other groups like them, believe that Trump and Bannon will support their agenda and views and will give them a bigger voice in our society. I'd like to believe that Trump and Bannon do not actually hold those views, but the KKK certainly sees something in them that leads them to believe good times are ahead for their views and voicing them.

.
norajane is offline  
 
post #94 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 06:51 PM
Member
 
MrsAldi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Ireland
Posts: 3,354
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech-novelist View Post
I think that is the least of the problems that would occur:

How sad is this?

Growing up within distance to the border of Northern Ireland wasn't easy, if I'm honest sometimes I hate when my husband has to work in Dublin city even now, out of fear he may not come home.

Always, always advocate for peace.

Definitely not a fan of these Memes.

Sent from my B1-730HD using Tapatalk
MrsAldi is offline  
post #95 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 06:51 PM
Moderator
 
EleGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 31,440
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by norajane View Post
When David Duke and the KKK are excited that Trump chose Bannon, and ecstatic that Trump was elected, that says something. It says Davide Duke and the KKK, and other groups like them, believe that Trump and Bannon will support their agenda and views and will give them a bigger voice in our society. I'd like to believe that Trump and Bannon do not actually hold those views, but the KKK certainly sees something in them that leads them to believe good times are ahead for their views and voicing them.
Do you know that Trump and his campaign both denounced the KKK?
EleGirl is online now  
post #96 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 189
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EleGirl View Post
If people think that things are ugly right now, they will really see ugly if that happens.

I think that many more thousand will march in the street in protest.

The things about her winning the popular vote is that not all of the vote was counted. For example the vote of over seas military members are uncounted. That's a substantial number. Other absentee votes, etc. still need counting . But with the electoral vote there is no need to count them.

Illegals who voted. I have no doubt that most voted for Hillary. All of those votes would need to be found and removed. That would put Trump in the front.
How can an illegal immigrant vote?
Posted via Mobile Device
Anon here is offline  
post #97 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 07:08 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 3,027
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by norajane View Post
When David Duke and the KKK are excited that Trump chose Bannon, and ecstatic that Trump was elected, that says something. It says Davide Duke and the KKK, and other groups like them, believe that Trump and Bannon will support their agenda and views and will give them a bigger voice in our society. I'd like to believe that Trump and Bannon do not actually hold those views, but the KKK certainly sees something in them that leads them to believe good times are ahead for their views and voicing them.
Farrakhan was endorsed for Obama, did you hold Obama to the same standard?
sokillme is online now  
post #98 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 07:18 PM
Member
 
VermisciousKnid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New England
Posts: 1,984
Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EleGirl View Post
Ok... but we need to keep an eye on them because at any point they can grow.


I disagree with you on this. If someone will not rent to a person based on their race alone, that is a clearly racist act. That is based on a belief that there is something intrinsically wrong with people of the refused race.
Or they could just be uncomfortable with the situation. A racist act made unconsciously. I think this is the majority of institutionalized racism in this country.

Quote:
Why you would even think that I was excusing or condoning that kind of behavior and/or belief system is beyond me.

Again, I call that out and out racism. Again, I have no idea why you would think I was making excuses for that. Iím trying very hard not to be offended and only hope that the issue is that I was not clear enough. So Iím being very clear and empathic here.
I apologize for giving that impression. To an extent, when debating a topic we run the risk of becoming surrogates and end up being accused of holding opinions that aren't ours. I end up being accused of being the hypothetical "evil liberal" even though I don't hold any of the extreme liberal positions.

And you can get labeled the "evil liberal" by either defending Obama on a specific issue or criticizing Trump on a specific issue. It's a polarized climate.

Quote:
And by the way, I know exactly what it feels to not have an apartment rented to me based on race and gender. I know what it feels like to be discriminated against because of gender in so many ways: refused many jobs based on my gender; refused entry into degree programs based on gender; paid 50% of the amount males were paid based on my gender; and on and on.

Being discriminated against for race or for gender feels the same. It all hurts and itís just wrong.
And I've never felt either but I believe it exists. I don't know how many white males believe it or care about it.

Quote:
Yes and those groups exist. There are ones on all sides of the political spectrum. The idea that they only exist on the right is what is bothering me. And keep in mind that I do not aline with any political party or ideology. And perhaps because of this I see the horrible hypocrisy on all sides.
This is where I'm having trouble. The KKK would deny equal rights to non-Aryans if they had that influence. The liberal equivalent to it is what? Demanding equal rights for a group doesn't deny anyone's rights.

In these equal rights issues the status quo is often wrong and it has to be reversed. If someone prefers the status quo and they are called out about it that is equivalent to hate?

Last edited by VermisciousKnid; 11-16-2016 at 08:35 PM.
VermisciousKnid is offline  
post #99 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 07:31 PM
Member
 
norajane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,378
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EleGirl View Post
Do you know that Trump and his campaign both denounced the KKK?
Yes, I do know that. As I said, my hope is that they don't actually support the views of the KKK, but it is clear that the KKK sure does support them.

.
norajane is offline  
post #100 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 07:37 PM
Member
 
norajane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,378
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokillme View Post
Farrakhan was endorsed for Obama, did you hold Obama to the same standard?
Trump has nothing to do with Obama. But, if I must, like Trump, I, too, believe Obama is a good man and I did back then as well, and I saw and heard nothing in his policies that would give me concerns about him supporting a Farrakhan perspective and agenda. And he hasn't.

So, back to Trump, Bannon and the KKK.


.
norajane is offline  
post #101 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 07:41 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 3,027
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by norajane View Post
Yes, I do know that. As I said, my hope is that they don't actually support the views of the KKK, but it is clear that the KKK sure does support them.

Here is a story right now on CNN White nationalists see advocate in Steve Bannon

Please find me a story from 2008 where CNN posted a story Black Muslims find an advocate in Obama white house? If not why not, what exactly is the difference?

I would say if there was one in 2008 it was complete crap, just like this whole wife nationalist stuff is crap too. However there didn't seem to be one at least not on CNN. I remember when Fox tried to do that with Jeremiah Wright you guys were not having it. See the media are hypocrites and me as an independent is really tired of it. They lie and exaggerate if there team doesn't win, and they don't give a 5hit about the poor, minorities or anything else, just their tribe.

Lets see what Trump does.

Last edited by sokillme; 11-16-2016 at 07:46 PM.
sokillme is online now  
post #102 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 07:45 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 3,027
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by norajane View Post
Trump has nothing to do with Obama. But, if I must, like Trump, I, too, believe Obama is a good man and I did back then as well, and I saw and heard nothing in his policies that would give me concerns about him supporting a Farrakhan perspective and agenda. And he hasn't.

So, back to Trump, Bannon and the KKK.
Don't be silly they are both presidents. You don't get to ignore that fact because it doesn't fit your argument.

Again your quote --
Quote:
When David Duke and the KKK are excited that Trump chose Bannon, and ecstatic that Trump was elected, that says something. It says Davide Duke and the KKK, and other groups like them, believe that Trump and Bannon will support their agenda and views and will give them a bigger voice in our society.
Why did this not hold true with Farrakhan at the time?

So I take it your answer is no, because Trump isn't a part of your team. At least you admit you are not consistent, but then I will take it that your option has less to do with right and wrong and more to do with who you vote for.

Last edited by sokillme; 11-16-2016 at 07:50 PM.
sokillme is online now  
post #103 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 07:47 PM
Member
 
norajane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,378
Re: Bannon

You don't have to read CNN or news articles. Go read David Duke's own tweets about how great it is to have an advocate, how the KKK helped put Trump into office, and how excited he is to have Bannon right next to him.

.
norajane is offline  
post #104 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 07:53 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 3,027
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by norajane View Post
You don't have to read CNN or news articles. Go read David Duke's own tweets about how great it is to have an advocate, how the KKK helped put Trump into office, and how excited he is to have Bannon right next to him.
One second on google.
sokillme is online now  
post #105 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 07:55 PM
Member
 
norajane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,378
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokillme View Post
Don't be silly they are both presidents. You don't get to ignore that fact because it doesn't fit your argument.

So I take it your answer is no, because Trump isn't a part of your team. At least you admit you are not consistent, but then I will take it that your option has less to do with right and wrong and more to do with who you vote for.
So you want to make this about me instead of about Trump and Bannon and the KKK?

You don't think Trump is part of my team? He's making Wall Street really, really happy, which makes my stocks, 401(k) happy too. I will also benefit from his tax plan. This will help my fiance and I retire early, and soon. Trump will be doing a lot for me. But I don't want the KKK on my team, too.

.
norajane is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Was this an anti-woman anti-foreigner vote? MattMatt Politics and Religion 700 11-22-2016 08:38 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome