Bannon - Page 9 - Talk About Marriage
Politics and Religion This is the place to discuss politics, morality, religion, and anything controversial.

User Tag List

 424Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #121 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 06:19 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,655
Re: Bannon

[QUOTE=tech-novelist;16898681They lost, we won, and it's time to get over it.[/QUOTE]

I am bowing out of the political discussion here because there is nothing other than garbage like this. This is the entire reason why our country is turning to ****. It happens on both sides, but it is overwhelmingly like this for the red on this board right now. "We won" is such an ignorant viewpoint, there is nothing to say anymore.

Congrats you, I hope your trophy looks good on your mantle.
Posted via Mobile Device

Herschel is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 06:21 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 999
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschel View Post
I am bowing out of the political discussion here because there is nothing other than garbage like this. This is the entire reason why our country is turning to ****. It happens on both sides, but it is overwhelmingly like this for the red on this board right now. "We won" is such an ignorant viewpoint, there is nothing to say anymore.

Congrats you, I hope your trophy looks good on your mantle.
He's just borrowing President Obama's words from early 2009. If you didn't get upset with Obama over his words, it'd be hypocritical of you to get upset over tech's words.
becareful2 is offline  
post #123 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 06:27 AM
Member
 
john117's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Midwest USA
Posts: 11,177
Re: Bannon

The Brits, like us Yanks, find it easier to blame others - preferably different skin color - for their problems.

The UK has had bazillions of others since the days of the empire, long before Isis or anyone else. And, Fing surprise, they were blaming them too back then.

Instead of growing their economy they focused on coasting along. That did not work as the Germans didn't.

The refugee crisis today is simply the result of not doing anything in the Middle East for decades, and for interfering with Middle East politics for centuries beforehand.

It's a pity the country that gave us Pink Floyd and Alan Turing had to come to that, become an isolationist little hamlet in the grand scheme of things, all because they couldn't reconcile history.

I suppose the Brits were ok with their empire ruling and pillaging the little colored folk a couple continents away, but Fing surprise Sherlock, the little colored folk all of a sudden came calling.

How fitting. You reap what you sow, karma is a beach...
john117 is offline  
 
post #124 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 06:38 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,655
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by becareful2 View Post
He's just borrowing President Obama's words from early 2009. If you didn't get upset with Obama over his words, it'd be hypocritical of you to get upset over tech's words.
First, no he didn't.

That's a paraphrase -- obviously. Here's what Obama actually said:

"You don't like a particular policy or a particular president? Then argue for your position. Go out there and win an election. Push to change it. But don't break it. Don't break what our predecessors spent over two centuries building. That's not being faithful to what this country's about."

This quote must have been something you guys read on the facebook feed.

Second, ahem, HE did freaking win. Like, litterally, )3 won. Tech won nothing. He is talking about ideologies and partisanship. Obama was literally talking about himself in this quote that does not exist.

Who was he even talking to, cause everything I've been told is that republicans sat on their hands 8 years ago, grinned and smiled.
Posted via Mobile Device
Herschel is online now  
post #125 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 07:01 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 999
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by norajane View Post
I'm sure Trump relied on Bannon's expertise in manipulating emotional responses to craft his campaign strategy. Who better than the publisher of Breitbart to advise him on what resonates with Breitbart readers and the like? No doubt, that is what he will use Bannon for now, as well. Whether Trump entirely shares Bannon's views is less clear, but he's happy to manipulate the people who do to maintain their support.
Who doesn't manipulate emotional responses of the voters? Every election, the Democrat pundits and candidates imply that Republicans are racist, don't care about the poor, don't care about blacks, hate women, want to ban all abortions and force women back to doing back alley abortions with coat hangers. Biden said, "They're gonna put y'all back in chains!"

The Republicans claim Dems are trying to end the second amendment (there are truths to this) and the gun owners get riled up.

It's all about getting people out to vote.
becareful2 is offline  
post #126 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 07:06 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 999
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschel View Post
First, no he didn't.

That's a paraphrase -- obviously. Here's what Obama actually said:

"You don't like a particular policy or a particular president? Then argue for your position. Go out there and win an election. Push to change it. But don't break it. Don't break what our predecessors spent over two centuries building. That's not being faithful to what this country's about."

This quote must have been something you guys read on the facebook feed.

Second, ahem, HE did freaking win. Like, litterally, )3 won. Tech won nothing. He is talking about ideologies and partisanship. Obama was literally talking about himself in this quote that does not exist.

Who was he even talking to, cause everything I've been told is that republicans sat on their hands 8 years ago, grinned and smiled.
Posted via Mobile Device
The quote was directed at Eric Cantor:

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.” – President Obama to House Republican Whip Eric Cantor, January 23, 2009.

Read more: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2014/08/13/too_bad_obama_didnt_follow_his_own_advice_123650.h tml#ixzz4QGtxQkS0
becareful2 is offline  
post #127 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 07:10 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,655
Re: Bannon

We agree, he didn't say that.

Read my second point.
Herschel is online now  
post #128 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 189
Re: Bannon

Jan 21. Obama out. Hillary past. Let's see what Trump does. Already hired his daughter, son, son-in-law. What qualifications do they have? Why should my tax dollars fund their involvement in the transition team?
Posted via Mobile Device
Anon here is offline  
post #129 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 07:56 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 189
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibi1031 View Post
I was appalled when I heard that the first time and yet it happens a ton!
You enter a county illegally. You don't speak the language well. You then decide to register your name and address with the government. Then you show up on Election Day and risk getting deported. So you can vote.
Posted via Mobile Device
Anon here is offline  
post #130 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 08:19 AM
Member
 
john117's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Midwest USA
Posts: 11,177
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon here View Post
You enter a county illegally. You don't speak the language well. You then decide to register your name and address with the government. Then you show up on Election Day and risk getting deported. So you can vote.
Posted via Mobile Device
$20 is $20 lolz...

john117 is offline  
post #131 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 08:27 AM
Moderator
 
EleGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 31,695
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by norajane View Post
He has no experience at governing, diplomacy, or military, which makes him highly unpredictable as President. That makes him different, yes, and sets the standards bar in an entirely different place. His learning curve is HUGE.
Did you support Obama?

Obama had no exprecience in governing, diplomacy, or military. Nor did he have any experience running anything.

The President is a executive position. He's not a ruler and does not govern anything. The is more like a CEO.
EleGirl is online now  
post #132 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 08:38 AM
Moderator
 
EleGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 31,695
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschel View Post
I am bowing out of the political discussion here because there is nothing other than garbage like this. This is the entire reason why our country is turning to ****. It happens on both sides, but it is overwhelmingly like this for the red on this board right now. "We won" is such an ignorant viewpoint, there is nothing to say anymore.

Congrats you, I hope your trophy looks good on your mantle.
I recall Obama telling people who were upset after his win that they lost, he won and they have to get over it.

It is true that we in our system, those whose candidate lost need to deal with it. The problem comes when there is an arrogance attached to the statement. Obama clearly said such things with clear arrogance. It's one of the things that really turned me off to him.

I'm thinking that tech-novelist made that comment out of the sentiment that Trum is president elect. It is in the best interest of this country if we all calm down. And we can now give him a chance, all the while holding him accountable.
EleGirl is online now  
post #133 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 08:45 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 586
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon here View Post
You enter a county illegally. You don't speak the language well. You then decide to register your name and address with the government. Then you show up on Election Day and risk getting deported. So you can vote.
Posted via Mobile Device
Entering the county illegally is a deliberate choice. When anyone makes the choice to break the law, they put themselves at risk of arrest, conviction and in this case deportation. I hope you are not suggesting that the threat of deportation makes a non-US citizen somehow noble and brave for voting in an election they have no right in which to participate in the first place.
zookeeper is online now  
post #134 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 08:58 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,655
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EleGirl View Post
I recall Obama telling people who were upset after his win that they lost, he won and they have to get over it.
a) I am sure you did

b) I responded to that in my initial post

c) If you don't see a difference in the acceptance of Obama and Trump then...

d) I'm out
Herschel is online now  
post #135 of 245 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 08:58 AM
Moderator
 
EleGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 31,695
Re: Bannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon here View Post
Jan 21. Obama out. Hillary past. Let's see what Trump does. Already hired his daughter, son, son-in-law. What qualifications do they have? Why should my tax dollars fund their involvement in the transition team?
Posted via Mobile Device
He does have some of his children on his transition’s executive committee. From what I have read, they are not getting paid.

Trump is taking $1 in salary while President.
EleGirl is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Was this an anti-woman anti-foreigner vote? MattMatt Politics and Religion 700 11-22-2016 08:38 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome