Texas law on cremating or burying fetuses - Page 3 - Talk About Marriage
Politics and Religion This is the place to discuss politics, morality, religion, and anything controversial.

User Tag List

 145Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #31 of 122 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 10:07 AM
Member
 
Anon Pink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 10,219
Re: Texas law on cremating or burying fetuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kivlor View Post
I wasn't aware that only women are capable of emotions and irrationality.

What does that say about your thought process? What does it say about your motivations, if the first thing you jump to is accusations of sexism?
I love to dance but not with words.

Please quote where I said only women were capable of emotions or irrationality.

Please quote where I accused you of sexism.

You accused me of over reacting emotionally and I replied that your accusation was a typical response from men when they are wrong. And to avoid your being wrong, you twist the argument to sexism.

The topic is, you're wrong. The topic is, you made up your statements about surgeons and organ donation. The topic is not over reacting or sexism.


"Some women are blessed with multi-orgasmic ability for a reason and I'm damn sure not going to waste a blessing" ~FrenchFry

"Vaginas are tricky creatures." ~Lucy999
Anon Pink is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 122 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 10:14 AM
Forum Supporter
 
Emerging Buddhist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: World-wide
Posts: 1,370
Re: Texas law on cremating or burying fetuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starstarfish View Post
Not everyone agrees with the sentiment these are children, so this question would be out context with them to answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarriedDude View Post
Whatever your preferred description...the question remains
Only in the form of perspective and value you give it...

Last edited by Emerging Buddhist; 12-03-2016 at 10:20 AM.
Emerging Buddhist is offline  
post #33 of 122 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 10:20 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,805
Re: Texas law on cremating or burying fetuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladDracul View Post
Based on some of the women I've known that had abortions, nothing anybody could do would shame them (except maybe publishing one of their bad selfies). I know one who had at least two abortions while her old man was deployed during the Iraq war.
What I have trouble reconciling regarding the argument that the fetus in not a child (a live human) is that if a drunk driver would run down and kills a pregnant woman on her way to get an abortion, the driver would be charged with, among other things, two counts of vehicular homicide.
Yeah right on man. Your anecdote represents everyone. I knew this Polish guy who was dumb and this Italian guy who grabbed his balls all the time. I got this Irish buddy who drinks. We all know what that means, right?
Herschel is offline  
 
post #34 of 122 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 10:26 AM
Forum Supporter
 
Emerging Buddhist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: World-wide
Posts: 1,370
Re: Texas law on cremating or burying fetuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschel View Post
Yeah right on man. Your anecdote represents everyone. I knew this Polish guy who was dumb and this Italian guy who grabbed his balls all the time. I got this Irish buddy who drinks. We all know what that means, right?
You have an interesting circle of friends?

Abortion is an individual choice, legislation does nothing to help... but it is what it is, the taking of a human life.
Emerging Buddhist is offline  
post #35 of 122 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 10:27 AM
Member
 
Anon Pink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 10,219
Re: Texas law on cremating or burying fetuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by 225985 View Post
Pink, it doesn't cost thousands of dollars for cremation of fetus. My dad just died and was cremated. It does not cost that much for the actual cremation.

The law's purpose is to not have the babies thrown out in the trash.

If the mom wants to donate the tissue, that should be her right. If you think the hospital does not make a profit on that you are dead wrong. Officially they might just cover costs but tgey lump a lot of fixed costs into the calculation.

I am a potential organ donor. My wife is alive because of one. The surgeon told ne only about 1 or 2 percent of deaths can be organ donors. Basically you have to be alive but brain dead.
I just looked up the price in my state, cheapest cost is just under $1,000. If hospitals and clinics have to arrange for private incineration, or cremation, of aborted remains the cost of abortion will be passed on to the consumer. My health insurance covers abortion meds, but not the elective procedure. They will reimburse the cost of the med, abortion pill, if the procedure is elected, which means about $50.00 is covered by insurance, which means the cost of abortion went from about $350 to 1,350.

Aborted remains have never been "thrown in the trash" because hospitals and clinics have always had to incinerate unneeded human blood, waste and tissue.

The bottom line is that planned parenthood is being accused or profiting off the remains of aborted fetuses. Which suggests that planned parenthood pushes abortions in order to make money from selling the remains. Which is ludicrous.

"Some women are blessed with multi-orgasmic ability for a reason and I'm damn sure not going to waste a blessing" ~FrenchFry

"Vaginas are tricky creatures." ~Lucy999
Anon Pink is offline  
post #36 of 122 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 10:32 AM
Member
 
Kivlor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Rural Midwest
Posts: 3,113
Re: Texas law on cremating or burying fetuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon Pink View Post
I love to dance but not with words.

Please quote where I said only women were capable of emotions or irrationality.

Please quote where I accused you of sexism.

You accused me of over reacting emotionally and I replied that your accusation was a typical response from men when they are wrong. And to avoid your being wrong, you twist the argument to sexism.

The topic is, you're wrong. The topic is, you made up your statements about surgeons and organ donation. The topic is not over reacting or sexism.
You're the one who's made this into some weird argument of males attacking females and tried to equate my calling out your emotional outburst with an attack on your sexuality. They are unrelated. Read your post, it's obvious I triggered you. And I won't apologize nor will I take it back, just because you're having an emotional, irrational response.

I think it's great that after I demonstrated the ridiculousness of your sexuality based red herring, and flipped it back on you, you're going back to just shouting "you're wrong" "take it back" "You're the one talking about sexism!" etc. Like a petulant child.

Like I was saying earlier...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kivlor View Post
Dude, don't try to logic with these people.

They.
Can't.
Even.

Do you hear the people sing / Lost in the valley of the night?
It is the music of a people / Who are climbing to the light.
For the wretched of the earth / There is a flame that never dies.
Even the darkest night will end / And the sun will rise...
Kivlor is offline  
post #37 of 122 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 10:37 AM
Member
 
bandit.45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 17,429
Re: Texas law on cremating or burying fetuses

Good for Texas.

I'm liking this state better and better all the time.
bandit.45 is offline  
post #38 of 122 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 10:37 AM
Member
 
Kivlor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Rural Midwest
Posts: 3,113
Re: Texas law on cremating or burying fetuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon Pink View Post
I just looked up the price in my state, cheapest cost is just under $1,000. If hospitals and clinics have to arrange for private incineration, or cremation, of aborted remains the cost of abortion will be passed on to the consumer. My health insurance covers abortion meds, but not the elective procedure. They will reimburse the cost of the med, abortion pill, if the procedure is elected, which means about $50.00 is covered by insurance, which means the cost of abortion went from about $350 to 1,350.

Aborted remains have never been "thrown in the trash" because hospitals and clinics have always had to incinerate unneeded human blood, waste and tissue.

The bottom line is that planned parenthood is being accused or profiting off the remains of aborted fetuses. Which suggests that planned parenthood pushes abortions in order to make money from selling the remains. Which is ludicrous.
These 2 things don't mesh. You're being irrational again.

Just sayin'

Do you hear the people sing / Lost in the valley of the night?
It is the music of a people / Who are climbing to the light.
For the wretched of the earth / There is a flame that never dies.
Even the darkest night will end / And the sun will rise...
Kivlor is offline  
post #39 of 122 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 10:44 AM
Member
 
bandit.45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 17,429
Re: Texas law on cremating or burying fetuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duguesclin View Post
Because I disagree with you and point out what I see as inconsistencies, I am hostile to you?

No, I simply disagree with you.

This is a discussion of ideas, Ele, not about hostility. I read, like most, and I am struck by the inconsistencies. You are welcome to ignore what I am writing, but I would like to express it the way I see it.

You are quick to dismiss concerns from some people, in this case the true intentions of this law, by sticking to what the text says. Yet on the illegals you are quick to extrapolate what some small sample audits mean for the whole voting process.

I do not necessarily disagree with the extrapolation and would be ready to believe it, if further evidence confirmed it. But in the case of the Texas law, I believe the folks with concerns about it have reasons to be, considering the history in that state.

That is all I am saying.
It cost the state of Arizona almost $800,000 last year to pay overtime for state elections officials to go through voter registartion forms to ensure that HisPanic voters were eligible to vote.

$800,000 fvcking thousand dollars... that could have been spent on education, infrastructure...

No, we had to hire a full time staff just to go through and weed out the frauds and phonies trying to derail our electoral system. I wonder what the wonderful government of Mexico would have done to me if I had gone down there and fraudulently attempted to vote in a Mexican election? I'd probably be eating moldy tortillas in a Sinaloa prison...

Are undocumented immigrants voting illegally in Arizona?
bandit.45 is offline  
post #40 of 122 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 10:46 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 6,304
Re: Texas law on cremating or burying fetuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon Pink View Post
I just looked up the price in my state, cheapest cost is just under $1,000. If hospitals and clinics have to arrange for private incineration, or cremation, of aborted remains the cost of abortion will be passed on to the consumer. My health insurance covers abortion meds, but not the elective procedure. They will reimburse the cost of the med, abortion pill, if the procedure is elected, which means about $50.00 is covered by insurance, which means the cost of abortion went from about $350 to 1,350.



Aborted remains have never been "thrown in the trash" because hospitals and clinics have always had to incinerate unneeded human blood, waste and tissue.



The bottom line is that planned parenthood is being accused or profiting off the remains of aborted fetuses. Which suggests that planned parenthood pushes abortions in order to make money from selling the remains. Which is ludicrous.


Planned Parenthood makes money on services. So they make money on abortions. And they push abortions for no other reason than they make money.

They cost shift to say they make no profit but they do. Corporations do it all the time. So does Hollywood.

Including the sales of the fetus, they know the profit margin per abortion. So every aborted fetus is worth x dollars to them in total.

I have not seen the details of the actual bill. Private cremation is a scam, just like the two day "rental" of a casket was $3200.

I doubt the cremations will cost that much or even have to be individually. If intent is to deprive the baby killers of parts to sell, the law would provide lowest costs in order to pass.

Don't go all emotional. The killers shouldn't be allowed to sell the parts with expressed permission of the mom. However many of the moms are at emotionally weak moments and PP takes advantage of that.

I am not against abortions. I am against taxpayer funded abortion for many reason.

225985 is offline  
post #41 of 122 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 10:47 AM
Member
 
Kivlor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Rural Midwest
Posts: 3,113
Re: Texas law on cremating or burying fetuses

@EleGirl

Could you tell me something... We've argued and word-sparred on TAM several times... and you're a woman....

Have I ever accused you of being an irrational / emotional woman? Have you ever seen me call someone irrational because they're a woman, and not because I think they're letting their emotions overrule their reason?

Do you hear the people sing / Lost in the valley of the night?
It is the music of a people / Who are climbing to the light.
For the wretched of the earth / There is a flame that never dies.
Even the darkest night will end / And the sun will rise...
Kivlor is offline  
post #42 of 122 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 10:57 AM
Forum Supporter
 
Emerging Buddhist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: World-wide
Posts: 1,370
Re: Texas law on cremating or burying fetuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon Pink View Post
The bottom line is that planned parenthood is being accused or profiting off the remains of aborted fetuses. Which suggests that planned parenthood pushes abortions in order to make money from selling the remains. Which is ludicrous.
Do they make money doing this?

If they do profit, then it is not an accusation...

I am not associating my questions with a moral judgement in mind... I am sure Planned Parenthood is motivated for many reasons.
Emerging Buddhist is offline  
post #43 of 122 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 11:32 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 6,304
Re: Texas law on cremating or burying fetuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kivlor View Post
@EleGirl



Could you tell me something... We've argued and word-sparred on TAM several times... and you're a woman....



Have I ever accused you of being an irrational / emotional woman? Have you ever seen me call someone irrational because they're a woman, and not because I think they're letting their emotions overrule their reason?


A majority of the posts here are emotional. Unless one says "emotional woman " in the context of being an insult you should be ok.

I referenced emotional too, not because of the gender of the poster but the basis for the rebuttal.

Not wanting babies killed is emotional. Letting them be killed and reducing costs to taxpayer is intellectual.
225985 is offline  
post #44 of 122 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 11:47 AM
Member
 
soccermom2three's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: California
Posts: 2,861
Re: Texas law on cremating or burying fetuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon Pink View Post
My sister died almost exactly 1 year ago after a 4 year struggle with stage IV kidney cancer. Towards the end, even though she had already inacted her DNR, I had to tell the doctor to stop acting like there is hope. She couldn't walk, couldn't feed herself, couldn't bath or dress herself and yet I had to call in hospice to get the doc to stop. She was an organ donor, but the cancer disallowed that. She donated her body to science, as did my brother who died 5 years ago from ALS.
.
Yes! After my grandmother had a stroke, she couldn't move or speak. She could only communicate my squeezing our hands. She did not want to live this way! The doctors wanted to put a feeding tube in and ship her off to a convalescent home to live the rest of her life dealing with bed sores and a TV blaring in her room. My mom and aunt had to fight and fight with doctors and hospital to call in hospice. I don't believe for one second that a doctor would purposely let someone die for their organs. Sounds like a bad conspiracy theory.
soccermom2three is offline  
post #45 of 122 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 11:52 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 6,304
Re: Texas law on cremating or burying fetuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermom2three View Post
Yes! After my grandmother had a stroke, she couldn't move or speak. She could only communicate my squeezing our hands. She did not want to live this way! The doctors wanted to put a feeding tube in and ship her off to a convalescent home to live the rest of her life dealing with bed sores and a TV blaring in her room. My mom and aunt had to fight and fight with doctors and hospital to call in hospice. I don't believe for one second that a doctor would purposely let someone die for their organs. Sounds like a bad conspiracy theory.


A grandmother with a feeding tube is not a viable organ donor.

A living will prevents the issue your family went through.

My dad had the bed sores and that contributed to his death.

Your family made the right decision.
225985 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mother in law crossing boundaries goodlife1 General Relationship Discussion 29 03-28-2016 03:36 PM
Need help: Mother in law situation goodlife1 General Relationship Discussion 9 03-24-2016 01:16 PM
Mother in law situation goodlife1 The Ladies' Lounge 10 03-17-2016 08:49 PM
Big problem my husband likes his sister in Law simplysadmarriage General Relationship Discussion 50 01-28-2016 10:49 PM
Brother in law sleeping over Mark82 The Men's Clubhouse 6 12-10-2015 05:06 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome