Texas law on cremating or burying fetuses - Talk About Marriage
Politics and Religion This is the place to discuss politics, morality, religion, and anything controversial.

User Tag List

 145Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 122 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
jld
Forum Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 20,463
Texas law on cremating or burying fetuses

Texas will require aborted fetuses to be buried or cremated - CNN.com

(CNN)"The Governor says they are "giving voice to the unborn." Critics say they are a naked attempt to shame and financially burden Texas women seeking abortions.

They are controversial new rules in Texas which will require abortion clinics to bury or cremate fetal remains."


Thoughts?


One of the deepest feminine pleasures is when a man stands full, present, and unreactive in the midst of his woman's emotional storms. When he stays present with her, and loves her through the layers of wildness and closure, then she feels his trustability, and she can relax. -- David Deida, The Way of the Superior Man
jld is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 122 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 06:32 PM
Moderator
 
farsidejunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 8,021
Re: Texas law on cremating or burying fetuses

Perhaps that will prevent Planned Parenthood from selling their parts like a scrapped car.

The level of disdain I have for that organization due to that issue is huge.

"Our ability to feel joy is directly related to how much pain we are willing to feel." - Mavash.

"The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for." - Bob Marley
farsidejunky is online now  
post #3 of 122 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 06:46 PM
Member
 
MrsAldi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 3,528
Re: Texas law on cremating or burying fetuses

Does the clinic not cremate the remains automatically?
Or do they use/sell the embryos for stem cell research??
One does wonder what happens to the remains.

Sent from my B1-730HD using Tapatalk
MrsAldi is offline  
 
post #4 of 122 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 07:00 PM
Forum Supporter
 
MarriedDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: ORYGUN
Posts: 1,848
Re: Texas law on cremating or burying fetuses

This does make you wonder why people would be against this...what is it they are wanting to do with these aborted children?

Holes burn deep in your chest,
Raked by machine gun fire.
Screaming soul sent out to die,
Living mandatory suicide.
MarriedDude is offline  
post #5 of 122 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 07:09 PM
Member
 
Anon Pink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 10,337
Re: Texas law on cremating or burying fetuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by jld View Post
Texas will require aborted fetuses to be buried or cremated - CNN.com

(CNN)"The Governor says they are "giving voice to the unborn." Critics say they are a naked attempt to shame and financially burden Texas women seeking abortions.

They are controversial new rules in Texas which will require abortion clinics to bury or cremate fetal remains."


Thoughts?
Can we PLEASE give Texas back to Mexico?

@farsidejunky

Planned Parenthood repurposes human tissue for research, just like every single hospital and lab does. Every time your blood is drawn, a biopsy taken, Pap tests, etc, left over tissue is sold to research. And there is almost always left over tissue and blood. None of the tissues left over ever get disposed of unless there is no other research that is in need of tissue to study. Colleges, universities, drug companies....they all buy left over human tissue. This is not a money making endeavor. A fee is collected to offset the cost of containing, storing and sending left over blood and or human tissue.

So if Texas is going to make these stupid ass laws, with no basis is actual science, then be prepared to have to pay for burial services for all left over human tissue!

As usual, this law will be struck down after the state and the federal government pays to have the case go all the way through the appeals process.

"Some women are blessed with multi-orgasmic ability for a reason and I'm damn sure not going to waste a blessing" ~FrenchFry

"Vaginas are tricky creatures." ~Lucy999
Anon Pink is offline  
post #6 of 122 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 07:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,884
Re: Texas law on cremating or burying fetuses

It's a shaming tactic. It's great when you can't legislate what you want, so you legislate guilt. Gtfo with that
Herschel is online now  
post #7 of 122 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 07:14 PM
Forum Supporter
 
MarriedDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: ORYGUN
Posts: 1,848
Re: Texas law on cremating or burying fetuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon Pink View Post
Can we PLEASE give Texas back to Mexico?

@farsidejunky

Planned Parenthood repurposes human tissue for research, just like every single hospital and lab does. Every time your blood is drawn, a biopsy taken, Pap tests, etc, left over tissue is sold to research. And there is almost always left over tissue and blood. None of the tissues left over ever get disposed of unless there is no other research that is in need of tissue to study. Colleges, universities, drug companies....they all buy left over human tissue. This is not a money making endeavor. A fee is collected to offset the cost of containing, storing and sending left over blood and or human tissue.

So if Texas is going to make these stupid ass laws, with no basis is actual science, then be prepared to have to pay for burial services for all left over human tissue!

As usual, this law will be struck down after the state and the federal government pays to have the case go all the way through the appeals process.
What is your take on the Planned Parenthood...selling of tissue deal? I haven't heard a ton about it...but it doesn't sound very ethical (not that I'm an expert)

Holes burn deep in your chest,
Raked by machine gun fire.
Screaming soul sent out to die,
Living mandatory suicide.
MarriedDude is offline  
post #8 of 122 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 07:39 PM
Moderator
 
EleGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 33,650
Re: Texas law on cremating or burying fetuses

In the article and items it points to, I did not see anything that states that a woman has to pay for the cremation or burial of a fetus. If I missed it, please provide a link to something that is the actual law that states this.

Instead it looks like a law about how to handles some times of waste, including aborted fetuses. The idea is that the hospital, abortion clinic, etc would be the ones to do the cremation/burial of any kind of waste.

When my twins were still born, I asked the hospital what the procedure was. They told me that generally they incinerate miscarriages and stillborn babies.

My Church did not want anything to do with a burial.

So I was ok with their handling this.

I did not see anything requiring a person to hold a funeral for an aborted fetus/baby.

I don't see the problem

Surviving An Affair -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To Create A Passionate Marriage -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
EleGirl is online now  
post #9 of 122 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 07:40 PM
Moderator
 
EleGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 33,650
Re: Texas law on cremating or burying fetuses

"Health department officials later clarified that the rules wonít apply to abortions or miscarriages that happen at home, the Texas Tribune reported, and that no birth or death certificates will have to be issued. The regulations apply to hospitals, abortion clinics, and other health care facilities, but not individual women. "

http://www.vox.com/identities/2016/1...uried-cremated

Surviving An Affair -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To Create A Passionate Marriage -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
EleGirl is online now  
post #10 of 122 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 08:01 PM
Member
 
notmyrealname4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,520
Re: Texas law on cremating or burying fetuses

If I had to have an abortion; I would have gladly donated the tissue to science.


The whole issue is grotty; but if the unfortunate reality of abortion has to happen---can't something worthwhile or positive come from it.

It's the same as donating your cadaver to science after you die----that's a good thing, right?

notmyrealname4 is offline  
post #11 of 122 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 08:43 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Rural Midwest
Posts: 3,275
Re: Texas law on cremating or burying fetuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmyrealname4 View Post
If I had to have an abortion; I would have gladly donated the tissue to science.


The whole issue is grotty; but if the unfortunate reality of abortion has to happen---can't something worthwhile or positive come from it.

It's the same as donating your cadaver to science after you die----that's a good thing, right?
Well, yes and no.

I'm not on the organ donor / cadaver donor lists for a reason. None of my surgeon friends are on it, and they don't recommend it either. Because sometimes, when you're on the table and a surgeon sees you're on the list... oops... we just couldn't save that one. But fortunately, he'll be used as spare parts for all these other people! Good News!

Or at least those are the kind of horror stories I've heard from my more well-traveled surgeon friends...
Kivlor is offline  
post #12 of 122 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 08:49 PM
Member
 
notmyrealname4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,520
Re: Texas law on cremating or burying fetuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kivlor View Post
Well, yes and no.

I'm not on the organ donor / cadaver donor lists for a reason. None of my surgeon friends are on it, and they don't recommend it either. Because sometimes, when you're on the table and a surgeon sees you're on the list... oops... we just couldn't save that one. But fortunately, he'll be used as spare parts for all these other people! Good News!

Or at least those are the kind of horror stories I've heard from my more well-traveled surgeon friends...


You know, Kivlor; I've thought the exact same thing. My scenario is that they see that I'm an organ donor, can somehow determine that my liver would be a match for some senator's nephew----and goodbye to me.

Come to think of it, I'll probably get my name of the organ donor list next time I renew.

Oh, the things you learn when you've been "backstage" in the medical community.

But if I've had an abortion; that potential life is gone-----if something good can come from it, I see that as a positive. And I'd describe myself as an abortion realist; I'm not enthusiastically "pro" abortion, or anything like that.
notmyrealname4 is offline  
post #13 of 122 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 09:16 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,696
Re: Texas law on cremating or burying fetuses

Quote:
This does make you wonder why people would be against this...what is it they are wanting to do with these aborted children?
Not everyone agrees with the sentiment these are children, so this question would be out context with them to answer.
Starstarfish is offline  
post #14 of 122 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 09:35 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 4,262
Re: Texas law on cremating or burying fetuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon Pink View Post
Can we PLEASE give Texas back to Mexico?

@farsidejunky

Planned Parenthood repurposes human tissue for research, just like every single hospital and lab does. Every time your blood is drawn, a biopsy taken, Pap tests, etc, left over tissue is sold to research. And there is almost always left over tissue and blood. None of the tissues left over ever get disposed of unless there is no other research that is in need of tissue to study. Colleges, universities, drug companies....they all buy left over human tissue. This is not a money making endeavor. A fee is collected to offset the cost of containing, storing and sending left over blood and or human tissue.

So if Texas is going to make these stupid ass laws, with no basis is actual science, then be prepared to have to pay for burial services for all left over human tissue!

As usual, this law will be struck down after the state and the federal government pays to have the case go all the way through the appeals process.
Interesting that you all it human tissue. Not zygote, or embryo. Are you saying the tissue came from a human being?
sokillme is online now  
post #15 of 122 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 09:45 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Rural Midwest
Posts: 3,275
Re: Texas law on cremating or burying fetuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokillme View Post
Interesting that you all it human tissue. Not zygote, or embryo. Are you saying the tissue came from a human being?
Dude, don't try to logic with these people.

They.
Can't.
Even.
Kivlor is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mother in law crossing boundaries goodlife1 General Relationship Discussion 29 03-28-2016 03:36 PM
Need help: Mother in law situation goodlife1 General Relationship Discussion 9 03-24-2016 01:16 PM
Mother in law situation goodlife1 The Ladies' Lounge 10 03-17-2016 08:49 PM
Big problem my husband likes his sister in Law simplysadmarriage General Relationship Discussion 50 01-28-2016 10:49 PM
Brother in law sleeping over Mark82 The Men's Clubhouse 6 12-10-2015 05:06 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome