Nearly 2 million non-citizen Hispanics illegally registered to vote - Page 3 - Talk About Marriage
Politics and Religion This is the place to discuss politics, morality, religion, and anything controversial.

User Tag List

 52Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #31 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 11:39 AM
Member
 
john117's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Midwest USA
Posts: 11,394
Re: Nearly 2 million non-citizen Hispanics illegally registered to vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeswecan View Post
The deal is....there are illegals on the voting rolls. Voted or not is immaterial. These are illegal voters. These folks need to be removed from the rolls.
National ID card... Common processes... Geography based districts with less or no gerrymandering...

Oh. I got carried away again 😁

john117 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 12:01 PM
Member
 
Yeswecan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 3,408
Re: Nearly 2 million non-citizen Hispanics illegally registered to vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by john117 View Post
National ID card... Common processes... Geography based districts with less or no gerrymandering...

Oh. I got carried away again ��
Here is the thing with ID cards...many complained how hard it was to get an ID card so they could vote. In my state DL were offered and issued to illegals who could pass the test. On the DL is states. "Can not be used for voting". Does not matter anyway because all this is required at the time you vote is complete name and address. Needs to match what is on the rolls for the county. No ID is required. My vote could be taken by someone else. It happened to my BIL. At the end of the day the voting systems needs to be standardized from state to state. ID required. Legal only.

“You're painfully alive in a drugged and dying culture.”
― Richard Yates, Revolutionary Road
Yeswecan is online now  
post #33 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 12:06 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 58
Re: Nearly 2 million non-citizen Hispanics illegally registered to vote

The source is poorly sourced. Hard to verify the veracity. It sure doesn't actually seem to be helping Democrats (who have perfected the art of losing for 30 years) if it is true (which I suspect it's not). Also, voting is a states issue and and Trump/Milo loving Republicans have gutted voting oversight. Nobody's fault but theirs.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
troubledinma is offline  
 
post #34 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 12:07 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,376
Re: Nearly 2 million non-citizen Hispanics illegally registered to vote

Sure, but until I see evidence of significant illegal voting, I don't consider it a high priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeswecan View Post
The deal is....there are illegals on the voting rolls. Voted or not is immaterial. These are illegal voters. These folks need to be removed from the rolls.
uhtred is online now  
post #35 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
2ntnuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 13,997
Re: Nearly 2 million non-citizen Hispanics illegally registered to vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruthHurts View Post
Because I don't waste my time trying to solve problems that don't exist


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some folks live a happier life with their head in the sand. It's why there is a problem.

"I'm significant!! Screamed the dust speck." - Bill Watterson

"And this, too, shall pass away."
2ntnuf is offline  
post #36 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
2ntnuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 13,997
Re: Nearly 2 million non-citizen Hispanics illegally registered to vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhtred View Post
Sure, but until I see evidence of significant illegal voting, I don't consider it a high priority.
You do realize it's illegal to register if you are not a citizen, right?

If you are registered, it isn't something that will raise any flags if you vote. You know that , too, right?

Personally, I think those who have been found to have registered, should be fined much more than the current laws require. The vote in this country needs to be taken seriously.

Look how many are complaining and how boisterous and sometimes violent they are. It certainly makes a case for making sure only citizens can vote in any election from Federal to local.

That's just one reason.

"I'm significant!! Screamed the dust speck." - Bill Watterson

"And this, too, shall pass away."
2ntnuf is offline  
post #37 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
2ntnuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 13,997
Re: Nearly 2 million non-citizen Hispanics illegally registered to vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by troubledinma View Post
The source is poorly sourced. Hard to verify the veracity. It sure doesn't actually seem to be helping Democrats (who have perfected the art of losing for 30 years) if it is true (which I suspect it's not). Also, voting is a states issue and and Trump/Milo loving Republicans have gutted voting oversight. Nobody's fault but theirs.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
What are you talking about? Even if Trump/Milo did anything, it would have to be passed by Congress. How can we trust that your opinion of the source is correct if you have no clue how things happen? Also, what election has been skewed by anything Trump/Milo have done?

How many elections have there been since Trump/Milo?


Zero...........

"I'm significant!! Screamed the dust speck." - Bill Watterson

"And this, too, shall pass away."
2ntnuf is offline  
post #38 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
2ntnuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 13,997
Re: Nearly 2 million non-citizen Hispanics illegally registered to vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeswecan View Post
Here is the thing with ID cards...many complained how hard it was to get an ID card so they could vote. In my state DL were offered and issued to illegals who could pass the test. On the DL is states. "Can not be used for voting". Does not matter anyway because all this is required at the time you vote is complete name and address. Needs to match what is on the rolls for the county. No ID is required. My vote could be taken by someone else. It happened to my BIL. At the end of the day the voting systems needs to be standardized from state to state. ID required. Legal only.
For those worried about interference in their lives, take a look at smart phones. Anyone can know where you are at any time. They know what you buy online. They know what you eat and where. They know where you live and work. They know everything..........now.

Some sort of id card for voting is in order. Something that is only for voting.

You know what? Those who have serius or instar in their autos can have them locked or disabled without their approval at any time. If they can start it, they can disable it. Think about it. They control all of our lives, all of the time.

An id card for voting is nothing.

"I'm significant!! Screamed the dust speck." - Bill Watterson

"And this, too, shall pass away."
2ntnuf is offline  
post #39 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 02:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 58
Re: Nearly 2 million non-citizen Hispanics illegally registered to vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ntnuf View Post
What are you talking about? Even if Trump/Milo did anything, it would have to be passed by Congress. How can we trust that your opinion of the source is correct if you have no clue how things happen? Also, what election has been skewed by anything Trump/Milo have done?

How many elections have there been since Trump/Milo?


Zero...........
"Trump/Milo loving Republicans" is not literally the same as "Trump/Milo are to blame for gutting of voting oversight." I wrote the former. You responded to the latter. It doesn't even matter. It's a fictional problem meant to gin up the excuse to disenfranchise more voters.
troubledinma is offline  
post #40 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
2ntnuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 13,997
Re: Nearly 2 million non-citizen Hispanics illegally registered to vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by troubledinma View Post
"Trump/Milo loving Republicans" is not literally the same as "Trump/Milo are to blame for gutting of voting oversight." I wrote the former. You responded to the latter. It doesn't even matter. It's a fictional problem meant to gin up the excuse to disenfranchise more voters.
Which voters would be disenfranchised?

Edit:

Quote:
Definition of disenfranchise
transitive verb
:* to deprive of a franchise, of a legal right, or of some privilege or immunity; especially :* to deprive of the right to vote <disenfranchised minorities> <disenfranchising the poor and elderly>

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dict...disenfranchise


Which voters, who have a legal right to vote, would be disenfranchised?

By what means would those legal voters be disenfranchised?


"I'm significant!! Screamed the dust speck." - Bill Watterson

"And this, too, shall pass away."

Last edited by 2ntnuf; 02-21-2017 at 02:49 PM.
2ntnuf is offline  
post #41 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
2ntnuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 13,997
Re: Nearly 2 million non-citizen Hispanics illegally registered to vote

And you say there is no proof? You give us the proof.

"I'm significant!! Screamed the dust speck." - Bill Watterson

"And this, too, shall pass away."
2ntnuf is offline  
post #42 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 03:46 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,376
Re: Nearly 2 million non-citizen Hispanics illegally registered to vote

It depends on how someone is registered. In many places getting a driver's license automatically registers you. So it depends on whether the illegal registration was intentional, or happened automatically.

Then we need to consider the harm done by illegal voting. Voting is a statistical process and the harm caused by a single bad vote is small. In fact the small effect of any individual vote is why it is so difficult to get people to vote in the first place.

People complain about any attempt to change voting registration rules because it is possible with any change to predict how it will change the outcome. Whichever side will lose votes will complain.


I have yet to see any evidence of widespread illegal voting. Seems low on the list of concerns.



Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ntnuf View Post
You do realize it's illegal to register if you are not a citizen, right?

If you are registered, it isn't something that will raise any flags if you vote. You know that , too, right?

Personally, I think those who have been found to have registered, should be fined much more than the current laws require. The vote in this country needs to be taken seriously.

Look how many are complaining and how boisterous and sometimes violent they are. It certainly makes a case for making sure only citizens can vote in any election from Federal to local.

That's just one reason.
uhtred is online now  
post #43 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
2ntnuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 13,997
Re: Nearly 2 million non-citizen Hispanics illegally registered to vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhtred View Post
It depends on how someone is registered. In many places getting a driver's license automatically registers you. So it depends on whether the illegal registration was intentional, or happened automatically.

Then we need to consider the harm done by illegal voting. Voting is a statistical process and the harm caused by a single bad vote is small. In fact the small effect of any individual vote is why it is so difficult to get people to vote in the first place.

People complain about any attempt to change voting registration rules because it is possible with any change to predict how it will change the outcome. Whichever side will lose votes will complain.


I have yet to see any evidence of widespread illegal voting. Seems low on the list of concerns.

I have read no evidence of this. There are no, but if's, in the law. Period.

Any registered voter would not cause a red flag. There would be no one looking for anything beyond registration. It is assumed that if a person is registered, they are a legal voter.

You are supporting the opposite of your claims.

"I'm significant!! Screamed the dust speck." - Bill Watterson

"And this, too, shall pass away."
2ntnuf is offline  
post #44 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 03:59 PM
Member
 
GusPolinski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 12,105
Re: Nearly 2 million non-citizen Hispanics illegally registered to vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhtred View Post
It depends on how someone is registered. In many places getting a driver's license automatically registers you. So it depends on whether the illegal registration was intentional, or happened automatically.

Then we need to consider the harm done by illegal voting. Voting is a statistical process and the harm caused by a single bad vote is small. In fact the small effect of any individual vote is why it is so difficult to get people to vote in the first place.

People complain about any attempt to change voting registration rules because it is possible with any change to predict how it will change the outcome. Whichever side will lose votes will complain.

I have yet to see any evidence of widespread illegal voting. Seems low on the list of concerns.
Maybe I'm naive, but I *have* to believe that residents -- whether legal or otherwise -- not eligible to vote would likewise not be eligible for any sort of automatic voter registration.

Then again, I wouldn't think they'd be eligible for ANY type of voter registration.

Regardless, the integrity of the vote should be protected at all cost.

If that means my candidate loses, so be it.

If that means bringing photo IDs and voter registration cards to the polling station, so what?

Seriously, who is put out by that?

Bottom line -- we cannot pretend to cherish or participate in any sort of meaningful democratic process with any such vulnerabilities in our voting process.

Virginia: "Why can't you kids leave well enough alone? Everything was fine until you started digging around."

Burt: "You sound like a Scooby Doo villain."
GusPolinski is offline  
post #45 of 97 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 04:07 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,376
Re: Nearly 2 million non-citizen Hispanics illegally registered to vote

Here is the Harvard study analyzing the data from the survey that seemed to indciate massive voter fraud:

The Perils of Cherry Picking Low Frequency Events in Large Sample Surveys | CCES

It boils down to the problem that people make mistakes on surveys.


Since there is automatic voter registration in Oregon and other places, I want to see evidence of illegal voting, not registration to be convinced.
uhtred is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Was this an anti-woman anti-foreigner vote? MattMatt Politics and Religion 700 11-22-2016 08:38 PM
How could a "moron" win the Presidency of the United States? tech-novelist Politics and Religion 195 11-22-2016 09:59 AM
Vote fraud expert Bev Harris exposes electronic voting machines See_Listen_Love Politics and Religion 8 11-02-2016 06:49 PM
Cancelling a vote? TX-SC General Relationship Discussion 19 05-05-2016 08:36 PM
Who Will the Ultimate Nominees Be for President? arbitrator Politics and Religion 436 03-25-2016 02:43 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome