I'd like some of the TAM guys to give me their feelings on male circumcision. I want to add and STRESS that I am omitting religious circumsicion in the case of adult males or those adults that want to have it done. ALSO I am ommitting the operation because of medical reasons.. NOTE!! I'm not attacking anyone here.. I've just been talking about this in IC and I want some opinions on it.
1. I feel like I was born 'wrong' and had to have my foreskin removed to make me 'acceptable' to the opposite sex. It wasn't my decision and I feel mutilated for no good reason. If this was a female circumcision, they call it mutilation.. Why is it a societal accepted norm to cut our young boys without their approval. Incidently there is no real evidence for either side of the argument that says its either better to or better not too.. Both sides are pretty equal in their non-answers
2. Has anyone watched a newborn being circumcised? Its possitively BRUTAL!!
. You can hear the poor kid screaming!! Why is this allowed, but there are laws condemning female circumcision..
3. If the man wants to get it done, I have no problem with that, but why are we allowing our young boys to go through a procedure that they may not have wanted? Shouldn't they have the final say over their bodies?? And if they are old enough and want to do it then let them.. But involentary circumcision is tantamount to mutilation!.
4. Does anyone's SO actually prefer a cut man over and uncut one, and why? If they prefer it, why do they feel men need to cut themselves to make others happy with their bodies.
5. Did you circumcise your son when he was an infant? and did you talk to him when he got older to see if its what HE would have done? If he says he would not have done it, how can you justify it?
My opinion about MY own circumcision is I WANT MY FORESKIN BACK!! I feel I was wronged and allowed to experience a diminished sexual experience, just for the aesthetic look. I've felt that I am not a complete man because I had someone who with all honorable and good intentions had my penis cut without my approval. I do feel resentment for being forced to live my life without a complete penis. I can't watch that video without breaking down and sobbing..
Please.. I'm not attacking.. I just want some personal input on what I feel is a traumatic event that has caused me to have a negative body image of myself.