Registration to this forum is free. We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed
below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below.
If you would like to cancel the registration, click here
to return to the forums index.
Talk About Marriage Forum Rules:
1. Treat others on the forum with dignity and respect.
Personal attacks, hate speech, racist or sexist statements or attacks, sexual harassment, explicit sexual comments, promoting violence, will not be tolerated.
2. You are responsible for anything you post on this website.
We do not delete posts or accounts, but we give you the ability to delete your own posts at any time unless you are banned from the site. Click Here for more information on deleting posts (will open in a new window). Also see #14 below.
3. If you make suicidal statements on this website, and it is brought to our attention, we may choose to notify your internet service provider and / or police and provide them with any
information we have to identify you with.
4. Do not post any content that would be inappropriate for young children to see.
No graphic language, nude or sexually explicit images. Adult conversations about sex are acceptable in the sex section, as long as people are mindful to use proper terms (no "f" words, etc.)
and be aware that our forums automatically censor foul language by turning the word into a series of "****." Sex section is for asking for help and providing feedback only. All other threads there
are subject to deletion.
5. No posting just to incite people or start arguments. (aka "trolls")
6. No posting new threads to continue arguments from locked threads.
7. No posting just to advertise products, services, or other websites.
While it is ok to have a link to your website in your signature line once you become a "Member," affiliate links and paid posting are never allowed. "Registered Users" are no longer allowed to
use signature links. (You must be active on the site for a little while in order to become a "Member").
If it is determined that your posts appear to be solely for the purpose of advertising, they will be deleted and the account will be banned.
To avoid coming across as a spammer, make sure you post quality, relevant feedback for discussions. Spammers usually write one or two really general statements that could apply to most people's
situations, in order to get a link to their website from Talk About Marriage.
We've had a lot of trouble with spam - that's why we've had to adopt these rules.
8. Be supportive of others and their desire to have happier, healthier relationships.
10. No duplicate posts. (Please don't post the same thing in more than one place.) Duplicate threads will be merged.
11. No hijacking threads. If your post is not on-topic for a particular thread, please start another thread for it rather than taking someone else's thread off-topic. Users who repeatedly hijack
threads will be warned and potentially banned.
12. No personal ads for people seeking relationships or attempts to "hook up" with other members. This is not a "dating website."
13. No posts promoting illegal activity, or stating that the member posting provides any type of sexual / prostitution services.
14. In regards to deleting accounts or posts - please do not contact us asking for your posts or account to be deleted. We have set the forum permissions so that anyone who posts has the ability
to delete their own posts, any threads they started, and any profile information they entered. We do not delete accounts.
How to Delete Your Posts - This can be done by clicking the "Edit" button at the bottom of the post, then clicking the delete button at the bottom right of the editor window that opens. To list
all of your posts, do an advanced search for "posts by this user" and enter your username. There is an option at the bottom left that says "Show Results as;" select "Posts." When you get the list
or results, follow the same procedure for deleting the posts. We do not delete users or cancel accounts, however we do give you the ability to delete any information you put on the site. We are not
responsible for your posts or removing them. If a post is in a locked thread, you can pm me or a moderator with a request to delete it (please include a link to the post).
You can also delete any profile information you entered, by going through the "User CP" links (should show up at the top left while logged in). The same links you used to enter your profile
information can be used to delete it.
Although the administrators and moderators of Talk About Marriage will attempt to keep all objectionable
messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of
the author, and neither the owners of Talk About Marriage, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin)
will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar,
sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of Talk About Marriage reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
For more information on our posting guidelines, click here (will open in new window), our posting guidelines more clearly define the types of communication which are acceptable on TalkAboutMarriage.com.