This! 9 Good Reasons to Stay with a Sex Addict | The Impact of Sex Addiction
As my DH and I navigate this world of SA, it's tough when we're in a low spot (whether it be a trigger, him acting out, or even the appearance of it). When I struggle with boundaries (I'm a huge conflict-avoider). But when it comes down to it...this article is spot on! Just wanted to share.
1) Psychological vs Moral Issue- although his actions during his acting out ARE selfish and uncaring...that is NOT who he is.
2) the addict can be vulnerable- my DH accepts my views,opinions, and strengths
3) Basis for intimacy- I am a better person because I am in this relationship
4) Confidence in a recovery plan- While we both waiver when we're at a low spot, but we both want to improve ourselves and build on our relationship.
5) There is still mutual attraction even if it is dormant- I was fortunate that my DH did some heavy lifting in his recovery before we met so we are able to speak out loud about being genuine in our sex life so it can weather the damage at the times of acting out.
6) Absence of serious psychopathology- even with the addiction, overall my DH has a high emotional intelligence.
7) Capacity for devotion-When my DH has acted out and a I go deep into introspection about him, me, and our relationship... I can say I truly do not question his respect and devotion for me and our relationship.
8) You are OK single- I've been there before (after my first marriage) and I know I am okay and can take care of myself
9) You can play the long game- This is the most difficult for me as I wish I could "Do" something. That surrender is tough. But know that I can do what I need for myself, to give me strength and recharge my batteries when they are low.