Dating a girl with a Weed addiction. - Page 3 - Talk About Marriage
Relationships and Addiction Whether it's drugs, alcohol, gambling, sex, pornography, or anything else, addictions can be detrimental to the health of a relationship.

User Tag List

 86Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #31 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 05:42 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,330
Re: Dating a girl with a Weed addiction.

Weed is addictive, just not massively so. And anything that induces mood change (including "lucky undies") can be some form of psychological addiction.

Yes probably a pretty chill relaxed easy going person... will all that THC affecting her. If she comes out full time she will be a different person, and one who will have to learn to cope with stress.

IF she ended up pregnant, she'd have to stop smoking for the baby/placenta health, including while breastfeeding and around any child - be prepared for that.

Also the amount she's smoking is pretty excessive, so unless you're allowed to grow your own for personal use it is going to be a serious financial burden, and will stop any ambition the pair of you might have.
And with her level of use, she's not likely to have any serious intention of fulfilling any ambition, even if her body has adapted to that level of drug presence.

If you're buying from someone else, hopefully they're reliable - high usage level can be difficult when supply is tight, forcing some suppliers to use less reputable/tainted sources.

the hard part is she's probably excellent and easy going in her current state but it's not really something that would be good to maintain at that level continuously, and she's likely to be much less easy going when away from that which makes her so mellow.
spotthedeaddog is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 09:02 AM
Forum Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5,485
Re: Dating a girl with a Weed addiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotthedeaddog View Post
vaping does cause lung damage - just different damage that tar and hot smoke and other nasty chemicals
It depends on the kind of vaping you are referring to.

The kind that uses liquids containing polyethylene glycol or the like is bad.
The kind that just warms up the pot enough for the volatiles to come off isn't.

Always remember the LD motto: "Sex isn't important!!!"
tech-novelist is offline  
post #33 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 09:13 AM
Forum Supporter
 
arbitrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Central Texas/Brazos Valley
Posts: 11,040
Cool Re: Dating a girl with a Weed addiction.

Find someone whose usage patterns moreso mirrors your own!

Never been a user, but had a couple of frat brothers in college who did!

As far as the relationship specter is concerned, any woman interested in me, who uses the stuff is simply a "dealbreaker" for me!

Posted via Mobile Device

"To love another person is to see the face of God!" - Jean Valjean from Les Miserables

My Story! http://talkaboutmarriage.com/going-t...andonment.html
arbitrator is online now  
post #34 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 09:55 AM
Member
 
sixty-eight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: PA
Posts: 1,160
Re: Dating a girl with a Weed addiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotthedeaddog View Post
Weed is addictive, just not massively so. And anything that induces mood change (including "lucky undies") can be some form of psychological addiction.

Yes probably a pretty chill relaxed easy going person... will all that THC affecting her. If she comes out full time she will be a different person, and one who will have to learn to cope with stress.

IF she ended up pregnant, she'd have to stop smoking for the baby/placenta health, including while breastfeeding and around any child - be prepared for that.

Also the amount she's smoking is pretty excessive, so unless you're allowed to grow your own for personal use it is going to be a serious financial burden, and will stop any ambition the pair of you might have.
And with her level of use, she's not likely to have any serious intention of fulfilling any ambition, even if her body has adapted to that level of drug presence.

If you're buying from someone else, hopefully they're reliable - high usage level can be difficult when supply is tight, forcing some suppliers to use less reputable/tainted sources.

the hard part is she's probably excellent and easy going in her current state but it's not really something that would be good to maintain at that level continuously, and she's likely to be much less easy going when away from that which makes her so mellow.
Yes.

This is what i was thinking about as well. You dont really know her, the real, non-suppressed her.

If she ever comes out of it, you will meet a new person. Someone who now has to relearn all their coping mechanisms for stress.

If she never reduces, you will end up supporting her in some way. Its just logical with an expensive habit that deadens your motivation and emotions. Or you will end up growing your own/selling which carries its own risks.

Sometimes women will tell each other to make their boyfriend really mad while they are dating. Spill a pot of warm tea on them etc, so you can find out what they are like when they are angry before you marry.

If things ever go long term, i strongly suggest you find out what she is like with no supply.

I didnt, and i wish i had. I was young and stupid. Hindsight is 20/20 and love is blind.
Posted via Mobile Device

Forget enough to get over it, remember enough so it doesn't happen again.

Last edited by sixty-eight; 09-09-2016 at 09:59 AM.
sixty-eight is offline  
post #35 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 10:42 AM
Member
 
norajane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,378
Re: Dating a girl with a Weed addiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbe View Post
Im ok with the idea of it. There are somethings that bother me about it

1- She isn't really affectionate. That being said I may be biased as my X was overly so.

2- Is content with doing nothing all day, everyday. Never has an idea on what she would like to do.

3- Cant seem to handle normal everyday pressures. This is the most alarming.

Shes a good girl, is very good to me. Looks out for me. Is very trustworthy. Sex is GREAT. Shes a 10 if not higher (no pun intended). Is extremely honest, and loves my dog.
Is she self-medicating? Does she have depression or anxieties and the pot is helping her deal with that?

She's built up a tolerance, which is why she uses so much. There's a reason she feels the need for it all day long. It's important to know what those reasons are.

You won't be able to change her, so you need to decide whether it is acceptable to you. #2 and #3 on your list would cause me some concern about her habit, and I generally have no issues with people smoking weed vs drinking alcohol. Does she have a JOB?

.
norajane is offline  
post #36 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 11:03 AM
Member
 
Kivlor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Rural Midwest
Posts: 2,649
Re: Dating a girl with a Weed addiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbe View Post
Any advice you can give? She smokes prob a 1/2 oz of weed every 10 days.

I smoke too but maybe a joint or 2 a week.
If she's stoned all the time, I'd wonder what she's trying to escape from. But that's just me.

Unbe, personally I recommend avoiding any relationships with people using illicit drugs, and would also recommend stopping usage for you. Not out of some moral hazard, but simple risk reduction. Most people who use / associate with those who do use drugs aren't aware of Civil Asset Forfeiture, whereby the government seizes your car, your home, your money, and any other assets they "accuse" of being related to your / someone else's drug use (note someone else can lose your stuff) without a trial. Because I like having my car, my truck and my house, I stay far far away from these things.

If the high is worth the risk to you, then that's a different story.

Do you hear the people sing / Lost in the valley of the night?
It is the music of a people / Who are climbing to the light.
For the wretched of the earth / There is a flame that never dies.
Even the darkest night will end / And the sun will rise...
Kivlor is online now  
post #37 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 11:25 AM
Member
 
bandit.45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 17,131
Re: Dating a girl with a Weed addiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotthedeaddog View Post
Weed is addictive, just not massively so.
Delta-4 Tetrahydrocannabinoid is not physically or psychoactively addictive, regardless of the amounts absorbed.

The girlfriend is psychologically addicted. It is a crutch. I guess, if she is going to be addicted to anything then hierba is probably the best choice. Problem with long term THC use is that it causes lethargy and a lack of ambition. Hence 35 year old boys still living in their mom's basement. People who smoke weed heavily just want to smoke weed all day.

Unbe I'm surprised she's able to hold a job. Most employers require periodic drug testing.
bandit.45 is offline  
post #38 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 08:31 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 1,178
Re: Dating a girl with a Weed addiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit.45 View Post
Delta-4 Tetrahydrocannabinoid is not physically or psychoactively addictive, regardless of the amounts absorbed.

The girlfriend is psychologically addicted. It is a crutch. I guess, if she is going to be addicted to anything then hierba is probably the best choice. Problem with long term THC use is that it causes lethargy and a lack of ambition. Hence 35 year old boys still living in their mom's basement. People who smoke weed heavily just want to smoke weed all day.

Unbe I'm surprised she's able to hold a job. Most employers require periodic drug testing.
I've seen this go both ways. I've known grown men smoking and still living in mom's basement, but I also know several business owners that work their a$$ off and smoke. Leads me to believe weed brings out these qualities if they're already there, but what do I know.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

We will only ever be the architects of our own destruction.
Sbrown is offline  
post #39 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-10-2016, 07:48 AM
Member
 
MJJEAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: MI
Posts: 2,165
Re: Dating a girl with a Weed addiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norajane View Post
Is she self-medicating? Does she have depression or anxieties and the pot is helping her deal with that?

She's built up a tolerance, which is why she uses so much. There's a reason she feels the need for it all day long. It's important to know what those reasons are.

You won't be able to change her, so you need to decide whether it is acceptable to you. #2 and #3 on your list would cause me some concern about her habit, and I generally have no issues with people smoking weed vs drinking alcohol. Does she have a JOB?
I was thinking self medication, too. Why? Because I was self medicating the same way before my state legalized medical use. I have depression and anxiety. I have tried multiple meds, but have had some severe side effects including being unable to orgasm, being unable to feel emotion, intense stomach pain, intense muscular pain and so on. I had been a long time social/recreational pot user and knew that it can help with depressionand anxiety, so I began smoking on a regular schedule. Not enough to get high, but enough that I felt calm and relaxed. I go through 1/2 oz. every 14-20 days on average. The cost is approximately $125. Herb has been very effective and I have had no side effects. It's also considerably less expensive than my former perscription co-pays.

Pot and coffee keep me functioning.

Speaking of functioning, that is a big one. I have no problem with recreational drug use. I have no problem using non-traditional treatments for physical or mental health conditions if they work. I do have a problem with using anything to the point where it interferes with daily life and normal functioning. I am SAHM. I am responsible for all of the housework, all of the yard work, all household repairs and replacements, all auto repairs and replacements, all pet care (3 dogs, 1 cat, 1 tortoise, and 1 parrot), scheduling appointments, bill pays, grocery shopping, and about 1 million other things. If I couldn't perform my duties correctly, safely, and efficiently while treating with pot, I wouldn't be using it.

If this woman is functioning normally and regulating her own use, I wouldn't consider it a dealbreaker.

OP has said that she seems to prefer being at home and isn`t very ambitious. That could be the pot, but it could also simply be who she is as a person. I know plenty of sober women who are homebodies whose only ambition is getting the housework done before settling in to watch their shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kivlor View Post
If she's stoned all the time, I'd wonder what she's trying to escape from. But that's just me.

Unbe, personally I recommend avoiding any relationships with people using illicit drugs, and would also recommend stopping usage for you. Not out of some moral hazard, but simple risk reduction. Most people who use / associate with those who do use drugs aren't aware of Civil Asset Forfeiture, whereby the government seizes your car, your home, your money, and any other assets they "accuse" of being related to your / someone else's drug use (note someone else can lose your stuff) without a trial. Because I like having my car, my truck and my house, I stay far far away from these things.

If the high is worth the risk to you, then that's a different story.
Really depends on where OP lives and local law. In my state, medical use is legal and depression/anxiety are qualifying conditions. In most cities in my area being in possession of less than 1 oz. is either not a criminal offense or a misdemenor ticket/fine. Cross county or state lines and it can be an whole nother ball game.

Last edited by MJJEAN; 09-10-2016 at 07:56 AM.
MJJEAN is online now  
post #40 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-10-2016, 08:09 AM
vel
Member
 
vel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 77
Re: Dating a girl with a Weed addiction.

If you don't intend to have kids I really don't see the problem. If you enjoy each others' company, and can financially support yourselves, just have fun! Not everyone needs to be ambitious.
vel is offline  
post #41 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-10-2016, 10:23 AM
Member
 
Kivlor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Rural Midwest
Posts: 2,649
Re: Dating a girl with a Weed addiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJEAN View Post
I was thinking self medication, too. Why? Because I was self medicating the same way before my state legalized medical use. I have depression and anxiety. I have tried multiple meds, but have had some severe side effects including being unable to orgasm, being unable to feel emotion, intense stomach pain, intense muscular pain and so on. I had been a long time social/recreational pot user and knew that it can help with depressionand anxiety, so I began smoking on a regular schedule. Not enough to get high, but enough that I felt calm and relaxed. I go through 1/2 oz. every 14-20 days on average. The cost is approximately $125. Herb has been very effective and I have had no side effects. It's also considerably less expensive than my former perscription co-pays.

Pot and coffee keep me functioning.

Speaking of functioning, that is a big one. I have no problem with recreational drug use. I have no problem using non-traditional treatments for physical or mental health conditions if they work. I do have a problem with using anything to the point where it interferes with daily life and normal functioning. I am SAHM. I am responsible for all of the housework, all of the yard work, all household repairs and replacements, all auto repairs and replacements, all pet care (3 dogs, 1 cat, 1 tortoise, and 1 parrot), scheduling appointments, bill pays, grocery shopping, and about 1 million other things. If I couldn't perform my duties correctly, safely, and efficiently while treating with pot, I wouldn't be using it.

If this woman is functioning normally and regulating her own use, I wouldn't consider it a dealbreaker.

OP has said that she seems to prefer being at home and isn`t very ambitious. That could be the pot, but it could also simply be who she is as a person. I know plenty of sober women who are homebodies whose only ambition is getting the housework done before settling in to watch their shows.



Really depends on where OP lives and local law. In my state, medical use is legal and depression/anxiety are qualifying conditions. In most cities in my area being in possession of less than 1 oz. is either not a criminal offense or a misdemenor ticket/fine. Cross county or state lines and it can be an whole nother ball game.
Like I said, it's all in how you weigh the risks. If OP isn't in the US then my advice is meaningless. I still would avoid it in the states that legalize / decriminalize pot due to federal legislation which allows for asset forfeiture. What happens is the local police give the seized assets to the feds who give back 90% of the funds to the participating department regardless of state laws. Personally I'm opposed to such laws but my opposition doesn't change the fact that I live under them. But in the end, it's all about your own decision regarding risk management.

Regarding the OP's gf and a lack of ambition, we'll that's a matter of his taste in women. And in matters of taste there can be no disputes.
Posted via Mobile Device

Do you hear the people sing / Lost in the valley of the night?
It is the music of a people / Who are climbing to the light.
For the wretched of the earth / There is a flame that never dies.
Even the darkest night will end / And the sun will rise...
Kivlor is online now  
post #42 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-10-2016, 10:54 AM
Member
 
Betrayedone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 397
Re: Dating a girl with a Weed addiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking2Change View Post
It's such a NASTY habit. I personally would never date a girl that smoked that crap. She's smoking that much prob. because she's trying to hide from the reality of life.
Weed is the new alcohol.....only better......get used to it......I suppose all the ancient cultures that saw the value in it were idiots too?
Betrayedone is offline  
post #43 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-10-2016, 05:47 PM
Forum Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5,485
Re: Dating a girl with a Weed addiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit.45 View Post
Delta-4 Tetrahydrocannabinoid is not physically or psychoactively addictive, regardless of the amounts absorbed.

The girlfriend is psychologically addicted. It is a crutch. I guess, if she is going to be addicted to anything then hierba is probably the best choice. Problem with long term THC use is that it causes lethargy and a lack of ambition. Hence 35 year old boys still living in their mom's basement. People who smoke weed heavily just want to smoke weed all day.

Unbe I'm surprised she's able to hold a job. Most employers require periodic drug testing.
A lot of tech employers don't test for pot, and didn't even when pot was illegal in every state.

I wonder why?

Always remember the LD motto: "Sex isn't important!!!"
tech-novelist is offline  
post #44 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-10-2016, 05:53 PM
Member
 
lucy999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Brownbackistan
Posts: 1,713
Re: Dating a girl with a Weed addiction.

What does she do in life? Is she gainfully employed? Bills get paid? Doesn't flake out on commitments? Is generally responsible ?

If so, you maybe can work with that. but man she's smoking a lot (is it premium or brick?)

If not, you've got problems.

I'm a recreational smoker. All my bills are paid, I work out every weekday at 530 a.m., I've got a great job I've held for 18 years in the legal world. I'm stable in life.

A bowl is my after work beer. If I haven't had a good productive day, I won't imbibe. It's kind of a reward for adulting lol.

I'd drop her like a hot potato if she doesn't have her shyt together. Nothing worse than a stoner who lives up to the stereotype.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
lucy999 is offline  
post #45 of 78 (permalink) Old 09-10-2016, 06:23 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 904
Re: Dating a girl with a Weed addiction.

If her habit isn't part of her appeal, she's not the woman for you.
Hopeful Cynic is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I now know to stay away from these topics when I first met a girl on a dating site SMG15 The Social Spot 10 08-13-2016 09:39 PM
LTRs and the Dating Scene EllisRedding General Relationship Discussion 51 08-09-2016 07:57 PM
My husbands weed addiction. Is he even worth staying with? 123garcia Relationships and Addiction 3 05-07-2016 10:59 AM
Would you be comfortable dating a girl who has a past fling in her social circle? cyclone The Men's Clubhouse 112 04-12-2016 08:02 AM
Wait a second, I thought when a girl tells you her name on a dating site that means SMG15 The Men's Clubhouse 36 12-27-2015 08:37 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome