My Porn Live Cam Addiction - First Post
 Talk About Marriage
  The Marriage Advice and Relationship Help Forums
  right
Forums - Online Counseling - For Therapists - Link to Us - Advertise  

    A Public Forum Provided by The Family & Marriage Counseling Directory
Register FAQ Community Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Talk About Marriage »Focused Topics »Relationships and Addiction » My Porn Live Cam Addiction - First Post

Relationships and Addiction Whether it's drugs, alcohol, gambling, sex, pornography, or anything else, addictions can be detrimental to the health of a relationship.

Like Tree11Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-21-2013, 03:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 9
Default My Porn Live Cam Addiction - First Post

So I read a few posts here and registered so I can vent but I really have not seen any solutions because I guess it's just not that simple.

I know you've heard it over and over but here goes-

I love my wife but I pay money for cam models almost daily. I've probably spent 30 grand in 4-5 years maybe more. Sites like imlive, livejasmin, naked etc I bounce around from site to site. Sometimes I look for hours for women, and I have a few who I see regularly. Sometimes I meet them off of the sites on skype and paypal them money directly and with a few I've had contact for years. Once one of them was stuck in another state, I was in another country at work, and I bought her a plane ticket and called the guy who had ditched her and scared him into taking her to the airport. Months later she came to my country to see a client and tried to get me to come see her but I wouldn't out of respect for my wife. It's just all out insanity. I even do it at work in my office or when my wife is asleep, I even did it on our honeymoon. I developed the addiction through being gone from home so much and finding sexual gratification through this channel and it's just spiraled out of control. I have like 5 grand worth of happy hour credits on imlive that I don't even use because happy hour isn't personal enough because other people are watching. But just the accumulation of that much happy hour credit means I spent a sh!t load of money there. Also my wife has caught me many times and I hate hurting her feelings but it's not enough to make me stop. I've never told anyone that I know about this problem and I don't expect anyone here to have a solution. The other crazy thing is now that I'm addicted to paying women for sexual favors I do it to normal women who aren't in the business. Facebook friends, ex girlfriends, women who are friends of friends on facebook, I have propositioned them. I think it's amazing how easily they go from "oh no you're married" to once I offer money then they're doing whatever I want. I've never fallen in love with any of them it's purely the lust factor and the control. Also I like receiving compliments from women who see me on cam, most of the time I think they're just doing it for the money but I have high self esteem so then again I feel a form of gratification from the compliments also......Anyways, I just felt like talking about it. I see from the other posts that I'm not alone and that many other guys are addicted to this also, I mean obviously it's a multibillion dollar industry. To the wives out there, I know you think I'm a piece of ****, I feel like it more often then not but my other head is stronger than the one on my shoulders sometimes. I would ask for help but I think that would be unrealistic....I may post some more ridiculous instances later as they come to me...this is only the tip of the iceberg.
TravelingMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-21-2013, 07:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Mark72's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 963
Default Re: My Porn Live Cam Addiction - First Post

Sounds like you are in really deep. This is going to be a real challenge. It's not like substance abuse, because alcoholics can avoid bars - junkies can avoid the people that sell heroin - etc.
Sexual addiction is everywhere. You have a long road ahead of you and unless you are 100% serious about recovering, you won't recover. I know - I am a recovering sex/porn/cam addict as well.

The first step would be to come clean. Tell your wife how deep this runs. If you belong to a church, talk to someone there. Get professional help. Get the problem out in the open.

Next, get accountability. All your computers, cell phones, any means you have - download programs that feed the information to your wife, accountability partners, etc. Get rid of all your accounts. The freebie points? Sht can them. Do it with your wife watching. Cancel all your credit cards that you don't need for work. Let your wife see the statements every month.


THis is a start - going to work now. Will follow up later
Mark72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
mablenc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Annie, please mail baby to: Danvers State Insane Asylum, attention Mablenc (the one with the whip)
Posts: 9,658
Default Re: My Porn Live Cam Addiction - First Post

Mark72 is correct,

It's seem you are in deep but, you can change, addictions are a way of not dealing with something deeper in ourselves. Is it the attention you get? Or do you get a rush on how you can control these women with money? Does it give you self worth? Did you maybe not get the attention you needed as a child?

Not asking you to respond, just giving you examples. To get better you are going to have to come clean, and give up your privacy.

You are risking your marriage, and job, but also you are putting yourself in harms way. Not only are you getting suckered out of money you can get physically attacked.

Not to mention your poor wife, her self esteem must be in shreds.

If you seek help you can overcome it as you seem to be very focused on getting what you want. Now you can do it for better.
mablenc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Mark72's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 963
Default Re: My Porn Live Cam Addiction - First Post

yourbrainonporn.com
Mark72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
trey69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,202
Default Re: My Porn Live Cam Addiction - First Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingMan82 View Post
but I wouldn't out of respect for my wife.
Dude, you don't respect your wife. If you did, you wouldn't even be doing what you're doing by looking at live cams.

I feel sorry for your wife, I hope she wakes up one day.

I'm also not sure why you want to come back and post more "ridiculous instances" as you say, you said yourself you don't think there is a solution. Even if there were, I don't think you would be willing to get help, not until you start to value your wife and your marriage, then maybe you might be willing.
__________________
"When people are truly sick and tired of being sick and tired, that's when they will make a change."

Last edited by trey69; 06-21-2013 at 08:52 AM.
trey69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
AgentD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 577
Default Re: My Porn Live Cam Addiction - First Post

Do you want help? Do you want to stop what you're doing? Then I would suggest seeing a sex therapist. If you do not want help or feel there is no solution, then no need to give us anymore examples, then it would just come across as you bragging about your escapades.
__________________
"If you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you've always gotten."
AgentD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentD View Post
Do you want help? Do you want to stop what you're doing? Then I would suggest seeing a sex therapist. If you do not want help or feel there is no solution, then no need to give us anymore examples, then it would just come across as you bragging about your escapades.

Posted via Mobile Device
wiigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 9
Default Re: My Porn Live Cam Addiction - First Post

I've found some or a lot of value in all of your comments thus far so no need in quoting any one in particular. This is my way of reaching out for help.

I can't completely come clean with my wife and tell her everything, I don't want to hurt her anymore. I just haven't been able to quit even though I tell myself all of the time that I'm going to stop doing it. Drinking plays a role in it as well, but even when I've tried to blame it on drinking my wife has refuted that by telling me she's caught me numerous times when I was sober so....that's just another excuse.

But, saying **** like "I feel sorry for your wife" just pisses me off because you're only hearing about my short comings and my faults so without knowing the good and the bad I'd suggest reigning in the borderline insults. Yes, I have put her through some stuff that she doesn't deserve to be put through but she was no angel before I came around either. I'm not by any means trying to justify my behavior, I obviously know it's wrong and that's why I came here although I had my reservations about taking advice.
TravelingMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 9
Default Re: My Porn Live Cam Addiction - First Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark72 View Post
Sounds like you are in really deep. This is going to be a real challenge. It's not like substance abuse, because alcoholics can avoid bars - junkies can avoid the people that sell heroin - etc.
Sexual addiction is everywhere. You have a long road ahead of you and unless you are 100% serious about recovering, you won't recover. I know - I am a recovering sex/porn/cam addict as well.

The first step would be to come clean. Tell your wife how deep this runs. If you belong to a church, talk to someone there. Get professional help. Get the problem out in the open.

Next, get accountability. All your computers, cell phones, any means you have - download programs that feed the information to your wife, accountability partners, etc. Get rid of all your accounts. The freebie points? Sht can them. Do it with your wife watching. Cancel all your credit cards that you don't need for work. Let your wife see the statements every month.


THis is a start - going to work now. Will follow up later
This advice and yourbrainonporn.com have been the two most useful pieces of information. I completely agree that "Evolution has not prepared your brain for today's Internet porn" and I also agree with the accountability strategy. I've actually tried that myself but have been hindered by a few obstacles. Without giving away too much personal detail I will say that I am an expat and my wife is a foreign national. This has made it increasingly difficult for me to give her full access to my accounts especially because of the line of work that I am in, I can't be that transparent, or at least not that easily. I've tried to give her access to my accounts but it's going to take a trip to the states and a lot of paperwork to make it happen. But, honestly it sounds like the best idea. If she can see everything....gotta run
TravelingMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 9
Default Re: My Porn Live Cam Addiction - First Post

this is very informative

Start here for an overview of concepts & science | Your Brain On Porn
TravelingMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Mark72's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 963
Default Re: My Porn Live Cam Addiction - First Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey69 View Post
Dude, you don't respect your wife. If you did, you wouldn't even be doing what you're doing by looking at live cams.

I feel sorry for your wife, I hope she wakes up one day.

I'm also not sure why you want to come back and post more "ridiculous instances" as you say, you said yourself you don't think there is a solution. Even if there were, I don't think you would be willing to get help.
He may have had an "Aha!" moment. THat is not the same as a 100% commitment to recovery. But it is a start.
Mark72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Mark72's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 963
Default Re: My Porn Live Cam Addiction - First Post

TM,
Let me ask you... How often do you have problems with ED when you are alone with your wife?
Mark72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 9
Default Re: My Porn Live Cam Addiction - First Post

I've never really had a problem with ED with my wife, maybe once or twice in 8 years and it wasn't prominent ED. But I tend to avoid having sex because it feels more like a chore or obligation rather than something I want to do. I'm reading yourbrainonporn right now and already took the first steps by starting to delete my hundreds of GB of porn on my laptop. Tomorrow when I get to work I'm going to delete the rest on my other hard drives. I think the only way I can get back to normal is to stop masterbating. They've explained through the lab rat tests how it's natural to become bored with the same sexual partner but they haven't really explained how to counter that. I'm going to keep educating myself and striving to better myself for the sake of my marriage and my bank account.
TravelingMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Mark72's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 963
Default Re: My Porn Live Cam Addiction - First Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingMan82 View Post
I've never really had a problem with ED with my wife, maybe once or twice in 8 years and it wasn't prominent ED. But I tend to avoid having sex because it feels more like a chore or obligation rather than something I want to do. I'm reading yourbrainonporn right now and already took the first steps by starting to delete my hundreds of GB of porn on my laptop. Tomorrow when I get to work I'm going to delete the rest on my other hard drives. I think the only way I can get back to normal is to stop masterbating. They've explained through the lab rat tests how it's natural to become bored with the same sexual partner but they haven't really explained how to counter that. I'm going to keep educating myself and striving to better myself for the sake of my marriage and my bank account.
Well, it's even beyond ED then. YOu have a long road ahead of you. I think you have taken some good steps though.
The follow through is tough because your brain is going to g through withdrawals. Not of the porn per se but from the dopamine that porn causes your body to release. It IS in fact a chemical addiction that you have, but it's something that your body produces on its own. And the delivery system is porn.
The real key to making this long term though is to treat yourself like a child that needs to be watched and monitored at all times. Because we do... I do too.
Do you have some people (preferably close male friends, family, church members, etc) that care enough about you to be accountable to? Guys that will ask you the tough questions every week or every day? Ones that, if you stop going them, will chase you down and make sure you "check in" with them regularly?
Mark72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 9
Default Re: My Porn Live Cam Addiction - First Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark72 View Post
Well, it's even beyond ED then. YOu have a long road ahead of you. I think you have taken some good steps though.
The follow through is tough because your brain is going to g through withdrawals. Not of the porn per se but from the dopamine that porn causes your body to release. It IS in fact a chemical addiction that you have, but it's something that your body produces on its own. And the delivery system is porn.
The real key to making this long term though is to treat yourself like a child that needs to be watched and monitored at all times. Because we do... I do too.
Do you have some people (preferably close male friends, family, church members, etc) that care enough about you to be accountable to? Guys that will ask you the tough questions every week or every day? Ones that, if you stop going them, will chase you down and make sure you "check in" with them regularly?
I wouldn't say it's beyond ED or even remotely close to ED. Like I said I've never had ED, just I don't have sex as much. Still do have sex 3-4 times per week. Anyways, no I don't have anyone to be accountable to. I like the idea of making myself transparent to my wife without stating all the obvious reasons to her about it. Today I'm going to set up a blocker on the internet and give her the password. I spent like 500$ yesterday on livecams and afterwards I just felt stupid, this has to stop!!
TravelingMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
porn addiction, child porn, emotional affair, cyber stalking, escorts, drugs, etc.. WifeOfATroubledMan General Relationship Discussion 64 04-09-2013 05:16 AM
Porn vs. Web Cam sites barbieDoll Sex in Marriage 4 09-21-2011 06:20 PM
Live porn/chat and porn in general unloved Sex in Marriage 4 04-03-2010 01:07 AM

Member Area

Find a Therapist:


Sponsor Ads





Get The Family & Marriage Counseling Directory Help Guide via Email:
Name:
Email:




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 PM.



Copyright 2007 - 2013 © Talk About Marriage