Am I a sinner? - Page 8 - Talk About Marriage
Relationships and Spirituality The place to look for faith based solutions.

User Tag List

 124Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #106 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 11:57 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 69
Re: Am I a sinner?

Thats simple. God forgives you, because Jesus died in the cross and paid all your sins. Ask for God forgiveness and dont do it anymore!

lfortender is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #107 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 03:32 PM
Member
 
Microwavelove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 36
Re: Am I a sinner?

If you want to see a Christian Counselor, there are Christian LCPCs that you can go see. Someone receiving their state licensure will have to go through the same process, regardless of religious background. There is a difference between a "counselor" and a licensed therapist. It may be important for you to see someone who at least has a Christian background, because there are a lot of religious issues that you need to untangle that a completely secular counselor may not be able to fully grasp. That said, you definitely don't want to go to someone who has not been properly trained.
Microwavelove is offline  
post #108 of 111 (permalink) Old 05-14-2014, 03:56 AM
Member
 
forevermemorable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 140
Re: Am I a sinner?

Okay, I have read all of the responses by Lovable Resin only. So, my response will only be based upon Lovable Resin's responses. I just didn't have time to read everyone's long drawn out responses and I don't know what anyone has said except that of Lovable Resin.

Your thread topic is titled, "Am I a sinner." I think this is the primarily concern for why you find yourself in this forum asking the question that you do. There is a confusion within your soul and heart. There is also a conviction by the Lord that tells you that you probably have done something wrong. Of course, I say "probably" because this is why you pose the question, because you are not sure if you have done something wrong. In light of this, I would ask you, "Have you ever given your life to Jesus Christ?" Have you ever asked the Lord into your life as Lord and Savior? Have you ever believed that Jesus died on the cross for all of your sins, was raised from the grave and you received Him into your life?

In light of your post, I would question (not condemn or judge) whether you truly believe in Jesus as Lord or if Jesus has always been your mother's faith and a bunch of rules and regulations that you are suppose to follow.

Okay, the basic fundamentals of Christianity is this...yes my dear lady, you are a sinner! What you did was sinful and against the Lord. You were unfaithful to your husband by means of a homosexual encounter. How did this happen? It happen by means of demonic influences from your sister-in-law. She brought in a demonic presence that has held you captive; of which your were pulled into. And I am not excusing your actions, because everyone is lead astray of their own lust and entice. You had the choice/freewill to tell your best friend, "No."

Yes, you are a sinner! And so am I and so is everyone on the face of this planet. All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23). However, these is good news for you, there is good news for me, and there is good news for anyone and everyone who is willing to recieve God's message of hope, grace, and mercy for us. God is the God of a second chance, a third chance, and as many chances as you need to get right with Him.

First of all, you need to bring forth a confession for your actions. Keeping your sins hidden will not help you what-so-ever. There needs to be confession and the proper place is first with the Lord. Be transparent with the Lord and tell Him what you did. Next, tell the Lord how sorry you are for your actions (if you truly are). Pray for His forgiveness. And invite Him (or re-invite Him) into your life as Lord and Savior. Confess! Repent! Receive! Believe! Lastly, I highly encourage you to confess your sins before your husband, because he really should know. There is no business living in a relationship with your husband with concealed lies or sins against him. You need to share with your heaven Father and than share with your earthly husband! There is no other way about it. And the Scriptures promises you that He is faithful and just to forgive you and cleanse you of all unrighteousness. I guarantee you, any guilt and sin that hoovers over you because of your actions with your best friend, will flee and fade away when you get right with God and confess also to your husband.

Please let us know how it all turns out. I will be praying for you.
forevermemorable is offline  
 
post #109 of 111 (permalink) Old 05-25-2014, 11:02 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: China+Europe
Posts: 9
Re: Am I a sinner?

Also read all of Resins's feedback and first two pages... much are saying exactly the same. We are all sinners, yes. Yet I disagree with the course of action to tell your husband. You seem not comfortable to do so. I'm sure you already confessed and talked to God about it, did he give you any advice? Me myself I'm in an affair right now and I asked God. He DID answer. only once and the message was simple: (I was on my knees asking forgiveness) It's ok, He said. But stop it now, and do not continue your sin.

It was simple message, but not so simple for me. My actual marriage lacks a spark, and though not completely without affection, nearly so. But that's not even the point. The issue is I never ended ANY relationship with women (about 20 in my life) as my opinion was always to be forever with them. It's always been them that ended it. I somehow feel like a traitor starting something and then ending the relationship. + I don't want to hurt anyone. (ok i know it's hypocrite, because i already hurtmany by doing it)

That message of God was a year ago, and i've spend a year secretly seeing my affair and enjoying a lot of intimacy with her. I shouldn't have, and i'm near the point now i think i can end it. I guess my problem is that the temptation is just too big and i can't help myself. my affair doesn't see the point of quitting because God told me so, as she doesn't beleive. And me I can't get myself to beleive full 100% in God, as sometimes my atheist past makes me doubt I'm just deluding myself with chistianity, and God. I know I heard you, but come on you can talk a bit more to me then just a few words every year! I need you here, but i realize it could be you're not talking to me as i first need to obey the words you already told me.

about not telling your husband:
In the bible it's happens many many times that the good guys are having secrets, and it's a command not to tell lies, but not telling everything to everyone is certainsly no lie. I remember no command to share all and everything with your spouse. However, husband and wife DO become ONE. I believe that firmly. The day I said my affair goodbye, without knowing i did that my wife kissed me passionately for the first time in atleast 3 years. So even without telling him, it unfortunately WILL affect him. however in general people who commit adultery in the bible have to confess and repent to God, but I remember no story where it's reccomended action is to confess to the spouse. You'll either just hurt him, or worse: give him temptations thinking about what happened between you, he might get arroused! there's only one passage against lesbian relationships but it's pretty clear it's not to be persued. But it's said that many will be worse of then sodom and gomorra, so the 'homosexual' sin is not the worst sin, and one that can be forgiven. Plus you could see it as pleasing yourself but in company, and there's no laws against masturbation (please don't start with quote that it's a sin to masturbate as ... let his seed fall to the ground, this was a sin because by law he was supposed to impregnate the wife of his deceiced brother, to give her a family. something that nowadays would be considered utterly disgusting and a sin by most of you, + no biblical verse agianst masturbation by women) I would say the most difficult thing for you will be to decide if you need to find out more about your feelings for your husbands sister, or... if you can leave it at this. If you find it difficult to talk to her, why not ask her to pray together. Talk out loud to God in prayer about your feelings about what happened, and then she'll pray. With my wife we often communicated 'indirectly' by praying to God, and so I could find out her true feelings, and she mine, without us talking directly to eachother, and we'd dare say things we really mean, we wouldn't normally dare to say directly to eachother.

I'm sure secretly some actually have been 'enjoying' the thought of your story, because let's be honest: it sounds like at the time it was nice. It did sound like it was more her initiative then yours (but you recipricated) and it can very well be that she's strugling with it even more then you, as she feels more guilty, as she was the one who couldn't control her feelings. so again i reccomend praying together with her. If you don't feel comfortable praying only with her in private, maybe with another woman from church? Seems more appropriate to me then a man, but you understand in that case not choose someone who could remotely be tempted by these things herself! Wish you peace and forgiveness, and a restored relationship with your husbands sister and all involved (ie your husband).

Last edited by pakmenu; 05-25-2014 at 11:17 AM. Reason: some typos, added few words
pakmenu is offline  
post #110 of 111 (permalink) Old 05-25-2014, 07:11 PM
Member
 
forevermemorable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 140
Re: Am I a sinner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakmenu View Post
Yet I disagree with the course of action to tell your husband.
Honesty is always the key in any and every relationship. Of course your advice would be shared this way, because you are not following that which you preach. We do not come to the light, lest our deeds be exposed. There is no way to have a relationship with anyone without open honest communication. Once that trust has been betrayed, then you live within the shadows of your sins. Be sure your sins will find you out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakmenu View Post
Me myself I'm in an affair right now and I asked God. He DID answer. only once and the message was simple: (I was on my knees asking forgiveness) It's ok, He said. But stop it now, and do not continue your sin.
First of all, it is not right to sin. Sin is not bad because it is forbidden, sin is forbidden, because it is bad. Think about that phrase. Adultery is adultery no matter how much you try to paint it or sugar coat it. Its a violation of one of God's 10 commandments AND it is never a good thing when we sin against God. God takes no delight in sin and those who live in it. However, God does forgive sin and He washes all of our sins away. But like the Apostle Paul said, "Shall we who died to sin, still live in it, that we should obey its lusts?" There is a difference between screwing up with something here and there vs actually "living" in sin. You are "living" in sin. Your foolish heart is darken. I totally understand if you committed adultery once and maybe twice. Sure, you seek forgiveness and than you do the most important thing ever...YOU REPENT! The word repent means that you turn from doing. In other words, you make a 180 degree turn from the opposite direction. Let him who sinned, sin no longer. You must get right with God.

Now God does forgive, but you MUST get right with Him. What a mockery for us to seek out forgiveness and God's love, only to slap Him in the face by living a carnal lifestyle. God is NOT mocked, for what you sow, you shall also reap. There are grave consequences for your actions and if you think for once that you can play around with fire and not get burned, you better watch out, because I know of many of Christians that played around with strange fire (speaking of adultery) and God removed them from this earth, because of their foolish and lustful lifestyle. Do I believe this holds true of everyone? No, but I wouldn't want to leave a question mark on this issue. The Bible is very clear about abiding in Christ, that you might bear much fruit. But if you do not abide in Christ (as John says), that you are cut off and thrown into the fire.

Now, I totally believe you about the part where God spoke to you and told you to stop it. Did you stop it? Of course not and you have continued thereafter for a year. Let me tell you this my dear friend...God will NOT tell you anything else in life. He has given you one task...STOP fooling around with adultery. There is only one thing for you to do now...REPENT! Get right with God! Anything else that you try to do, will be in vain! God will NOT hear you, for your prayers are hindered.

Many of men throughout the Bible have had encounters with God; whereas God will tell them, "Go and sin no more." In fact, let me recall for you the woman caught in adultery. Jesus told that woman, "Neither do I condemn you. Go and sin no more." It is one thing to receive and accept God's forgiveness, but it is a whole different story to actually live your life in Christ, abiding in Him, bear fruit in Him, doing what He would have you do. You have isolated yourself from God when you did not do the things He has told you to do. Listen to this passage the Lord just gave me to share with you, "To keep you from the evil woman, From the flattering tongue of a seductress. Do not lust after her beauty in your heart, Nor let her allure you with her eyelids. For by means of a harlot A man is reduced to a crust of bread; And an adulteress will prey upon his precious life. Can a man take fire to his bosom, And his clothes not be burned? Can one walk on hot coals, And his feet not be seared? So is he who goes in to his neighbor’s wife; Whoever touches her shall not be innocent" (Proverbs 6:24-29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakmenu View Post
I somehow feel like a traitor starting something and then ending the relationship. + I don't want to hurt anyone. (ok i know it's hypocrite, because i already hurt many by doing it)
At least you have called it for what it is. You are a adulterer, a liar, a cheater, a hypocrite, a sinner! And I am a sinner too! But I say again to you, how shall we who died to sin, still live in it. "Walk by the Spirit, so you do not carry out the desires of your flesh" (Galatians 5:16).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakmenu View Post
That message of God was a year ago, and i've spend a year secretly seeing my affair and enjoying a lot of intimacy with her.
That is a very sad account my dear friend. When you leave this earth, how will you be remembered? As an adulterer or as a child of God? What will man remember you for? I guarantee you that the message of repentance will slowly fade away from your life. With each act you commit, you harden your heart before the Holy Spirit. You are what the Bible says are, "searing your conscience." I hate to say this, but God will have nothing else to do with you UNTIL you repent! Make no mistake about it. God is only interested in those who want to follow after Him and serve Him. Jesus said, "If you love Me, you will keep My commandments." In a way, you do not love Jesus rightly, because you are not keeping His commandments. Okay, I understand, you asked Him into your heart, just as much as you make a commitment before your wife at the alter. But you violated that commitment/oath when you broken the marriage vows; just as much as you broken God's commandments when you first committed adultery. This does not mean God cannot redeem you. Yes, God does leave the 99 sheep to go after the one sheep who has left on his own, BUT He will NOT force you to come back to be under the spout where the blessings come out. You cannot be grafted back into the fold, until you REPENT! And you cannot be for God on one side and for the world on the other side. God says that you need to be either all for Him or all against Him. If you are lukewarm, God says that He vomits you out. In the same matter, Jesus writes on the Sermon on the Mound, you cannot serve the things of the world and God at the same time. The reason being is because the two are against each other. You cannot be in the light, yet still play in the darkness...it doesn't work that way as a child of God. And if you think that you can play with fire and not get burned, you have a wake call coming to you really soon. Or you just might not wake up at all. It would be better if the Lord take you home, than for you to continue to live in sin secretly while your innocent wife is at home. You need to be there for your wife, despite whether she gives you sex or not. Love does not demand! Loves does not seek its own! You might verbally say you love your wife, but do you show it? We are to be doers of the Word, not hearers of it only. All the "I love yous" in the world means squat if you cannot back it up by your actions! Your actions and passions are spent in this adulterous relationship and you are entrapped by it, held captive, stuck in bondage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakmenu View Post
I shouldn't have, and i'm near the point now i think i can end it.
No, you are not near the end with those words! You have no power in and of yourself to stop that which you have started. Impossible! You cannot quite the trap that you have allowed yourself to step into. And if this one ends, you will replace it with another. We are told to make no provision for the flesh for its lusts! Okay, so a provision has been made and you find yourself living in a continual habitual unrepentive lifestyle. The only hope you have without a shadow of a doubt is "REPENTANCE!!!" God has already told you what to do! You are to STOP it! You will not be hearing anything else from God on any other subject or topic until you REPENT! A choice has been set before you...choose life or choose death! There will be no other direction, calling, guidance, conviction until you follow the word of the Lord to repent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakmenu View Post
I guess my problem is that the temptation is just too big and i can't help myself.
Yes, you are right! Call it for what it is...it is too big for you! But this is where God wants you. Philippians 4:13 tells you that you can do "all" things through Christ, who gives you the strength to. All does mean all! BUT, you MUST do it through Christ. You can pray, "God give me the power to do Thy will. I want Your way in my life. Decrease my desire and this stronghold that hoovers over me and give me the utmost desire to do Thy will. Create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from Your presence. Do not take Thy Holy Spirit from me. Restore unto me, the joy of my salvation and renew a right spirit within me."

You must put off the deeds of the flesh and put on Christ. Again, you MUST act through prayer and submission to Christ to put to death this adulterous relationship you have been in. It starts with YOU! Again, God will NOT force you to get right with Him, nor will He speak to you audibly and through some grand revelation. Actually, let me back track for a moment. God has spoken to you, to me, to all of us in a grand revelation...its called the Bible. And everything therein has the way in which we ought to live life in Christ. So we say, "God, show me a sign and I will change and live for you." God would say, "Go read my Word to you. All the answers are there."

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakmenu View Post
In the bible it's happens many many times that the good guys are having secrets, and it's a command not to tell lies
King David is most famous for his sin with Bathsheba. The ramifications of his actions was the death of his son. What a price to pay. Samson's fooling around (fornicating) with someone who was not of his kind (I believe Delilah was a Philistine). The end result cost him his life. Lot's desire to move into Sodom to live in a wicked city cost him his wife. So what is it going to cost you pakmenu? Sin is only pleasurable for a season. What is it going to cost you? I promise you, the end result will NOT be worth every sexual encounter you had with the adulterous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakmenu View Post
but I remember no story where it's recommended action is to confess to the spouse.
This is called rationalization. Its a way of finding loopholes in the Scriptures and in the convictions you are feeling and experiencing. 1 John 1:9, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." Yes, you can confess with and towards your wife. In fact, this is the best confession you can make with regards to your actions. To confess to a close friend or pastor would be to diminish your wife. I have a close friend who came to me one day and confessed his adultery. The conviction was so strong, he knew he needed to share it with his wife. And so he did immediately and they had a great time of restoration and forgiveness and their marriage is stronger then ever.

Any and every marriage should be founded upon trust and commitment. And if you are a Christian, it should also be founded upon Jesus Christ. Once you leave a life in secret, you break one of the very cores that marriage was founded upon. The moment you committed adultery, you broke the marriage commitment to be faithful to your wife, until death do you part. Remember, God allows a clause to the party that has been cheated upon. Although, from stories I have heard over the years, usually when one spouse comes clean about an affair, the other spouse is usually forgiving. However, don't confuse forgiveness with weakness. There is only so much a person can take, while their heart is trampled upon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakmenu View Post
With my wife we often communicated 'indirectly' by praying to God, and so I could find out her true feelings, and she mine, without us talking directly to each other, and we'd dare say things we really mean, we wouldn't normally dare to say directly to each other.
Everything that is except this adulterous relationship you find yourself caught up in. Do not deceive yourself into thinking that what you are doing is okay and that God fully embraces you for your actions of disobedience. There is nothing good about sin! There is nothing good about you keeping this a secret from your wife. There are no amount of words that you can say to make your affair right. But you have the ability within you to deny yourself, and pick up your cross, and follow after Jesus once again...each and every day! Proverbs 3:5-6, "Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. But in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path."

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakmenu View Post
Wish you peace and forgiveness, and a restored relationship
And I wish you all the more in your life. We have one life and it will soon be past. What is done for Jesus Christ will last! Come back to the Lord in repentance, openness, exposure, and humility.

"Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love. Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place—unless you repent" (Revelation 2:4-5).

Another passage the Lord pressed upon me to share is Psalm 119:9-11, "How can a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed according to Your word. With my whole heart I have sought You; Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments! Your word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against You."

Last edited by forevermemorable; 05-25-2014 at 08:02 PM.
forevermemorable is offline  
post #111 of 111 (permalink) Old 05-28-2014, 02:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 130
Re: Am I a sinner?

1st John (1:9) was actually written to correct the false teachings that had crept into the church perverting the truth of the good news gospel.

Gnosticism. This group dispelled the validity of Jesus Christ and his atonement for the sins of mankind.

The confessional text referred to, 1John1:9 was a rehearsal in the believer's hearing (and stated truth to the Gnostics) as reminder of truth concerning their forgiveness of sins by the blood of Jesus Christ. The Gnostic's false teachings brought in confusion as to the validity and the authority of Jesus Christ. John, the writer gave warning to the believer's to not waiver from their confession of truth concerning their righteous standing in God. 1 John 2:1-2, makes clear again the believer IS forgiven and remain forgiven. God wants us to remember that we indeed, stand forgiven at all times in him. And if any man sins we have an Advocate who stands between man and God, Jesus, as reminder, the work is finished and mankind is forgiven. One must of course believe and release their faith in these truths concerning God which pleases him.

We have overcome the evil one by placing our faith in Christ Jesus and remain in right standing with God. Repent OP. You are forgiven. Never lose your confession. And if you have a trusted friend, and I do mean a trusted spiritual friend according to Galatians 6, who will NOT roll out the carpet on you for all the world to hear about.. First of all, get on your knees and thank God if you do and then allow yourself to become accountable to them. Tell them your story and allow them to keep tabs on you. Not condone you, but someone who is able to bring whatever necessary correction needed to help bring full restoration. The word of God tells us to confess our sins one to another so healing can begin. Now, if your husband is really really spiritual, then by all means, confess your sin to him. You know him better than we do. My husband is NOT spiritual. When it comes to betrayal, most Christians react opposite of how the word of God commands us to. I am so glad God brought adjective to the text in Galatians 6. It reads-- Those believer's who ARE SPIRITUAL restore such a one.

Trust me when I tell you the following, okay? I have counseled many many many fallen married folks. If truth be told, not one married person was able to stand clean in tests of adultery. Jesus raised the testing bar so high none could attain. Which is--The very thought alone of desiring anyone else outside of marriage in the mind of Jesus Christ is adultery. It takes Holy Spirit power and one who knows God and continue in their knowing him to give wise marriage counsel.

I pray you well and healed.

Last edited by hartvalve; 06-08-2014 at 07:32 PM.
hartvalve is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome