I could use some advice concerning my husband's female friend.
The two of them have been friends since the mid 1990's. At one point, they briefly dated. They realized that dating each other was not working, and so they chose to remain friends.
His female friend is opinionated and outspoken.
She is currently in a dating relationship with a male friend of his. The two of them have been dating each other off and on since the mid 1990's.
All 4 of us either go out to dinner or have dinner at her boyfriend's place *my husband's male friend*
There have been times when he would bring up stuff during conversation such as...
- his doctor wants him to watch what he eats... especially fatty food and fried food
- he wants to begin saving money, but he also likes to spend money on things for himself, which frustrates me.
Her replies are this....
- It is ok to eat fatty food and fried food, just do it moderately
- There is no harm in spending money on yourself. It is no big deal once in a while
Last Sunday all 4 of us went to the church that my husband, his male friend, and I attend. One the way home, my husband's female friend told her boyfriend the following.
- you need to go to church on Wednesday nights
- you need to get out more
- you need to make more friends. Church is a good place to meet people
- I am telling you, you need to go to church on Wednesday nights
- You need to attend bible study
He boyfriend was quiet during the entire exchange.
Does she come across as pushy?
Does she come across as overbearing?
What is a good way to co-exist with her?
How do you approach someone like this... especially when your husband is a friend of hers?
Who should approach her?