Sex in marriage - Page 5 - Talk About Marriage
Relationships and Spirituality The place to look for faith based solutions.

User Tag List

 96Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #61 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
EunuchMonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 587
Re: Sex in marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keke24 View Post
Still seems to be a moot point considering one is more likely to experience these things (waking up, wax in eyes, farts etc) when having sex. One is more likely to stay over at partner's house and spend more and more time together once the sex starts. Marriage does not seem the eye opener then, living with one's partner seems to account for that.
Yes it is. True colours come out when you are not on probation anymore. "Ah, I have arrived!"


Even if I don't get likes for it, I'm still going to say it.
EunuchMonk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 02:07 PM
Member
 
Fozzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 4,831
Re: Sex in marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EunuchMonk View Post
- marijuana now replaces cigarettes
- teen pregnancy decline because abortion more rampant

Was that your point?
"But teen pregnancy rates have fallen, too. Looking at data reaching back to 1976, the pregnancy rate peaked among teens ages 15-19 in 1990, at 116.8, and had fallen 44% by 2009. The abortion rate among females ages 15-19 has also fallen over roughly the same time period – from 43.5 per 1,000 female teens in 1988 to 16.3 in 2009. "

Why is the teen birth rate falling? | Pew Research Center


Or maybe it's just Elvis and his swingin' hips.

Darling it's better down where it's wetter, take it from me! --- Sebastian
Fozzy is offline  
post #63 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
EunuchMonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 587
Re: Sex in marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy View Post
"But teen pregnancy rates have fallen, too. Looking at data reaching back to 1976, the pregnancy rate peaked among teens ages 15-19 in 1990, at 116.8, and had fallen 44% by 2009. The abortion rate among females ages 15-19 has also fallen over roughly the same time period from 43.5 per 1,000 female teens in 1988 to 16.3 in 2009. "

Why is the teen birth rate falling? | Pew Research Center


Or maybe it's just Elvis and his swingin' hips.
Better birth control nowadays and it being more accessible might have something to do with that.

Even if I don't get likes for it, I'm still going to say it.
EunuchMonk is offline  
post #64 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 02:09 PM
Member
 
Keke24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Caribbean
Posts: 649
Re: Sex in marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EunuchMonk View Post
- marijuana now replaces cigarettes
- teen pregnancy decline because abortion more rampant

Was that your point?
That graphic is hilarious! Hehehe I needed a laugh just now
Keke24 is offline  
post #65 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 02:10 PM
Member
 
Fozzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 4,831
Re: Sex in marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EunuchMonk View Post
Better birth control nowadays and it being more accessible might have something to do with that.
Ummmm yeah? Also education and parents doing a better job than THEIR parents did at raising kids right.

Sorry man, I just don't see kids as the evil little trolls you seem to.

Darling it's better down where it's wetter, take it from me! --- Sebastian
Fozzy is offline  
post #66 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
EunuchMonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 587
Re: Sex in marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy View Post
Ummmm yeah? Also education and parents doing a better job than THEIR parents did at raising kids right.

Sorry man, I just don't see kids as the evil little trolls you seem to.
I said generation. That includes older persons, not elderly but older. You consider a 30 year old an "evil little troll"? Not trying to glorify the past or anything. In fact, I am sure I am younger than you.

Medicine is doing a better job at providing options. More information through the internet too.

Even if I don't get likes for it, I'm still going to say it.
EunuchMonk is offline  
post #67 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 02:14 PM
Member
 
EllisRedding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Valhalla (Or the Northeast USA)
Posts: 6,543
Re: Sex in marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy View Post
word
EllisRedding is online now  
post #68 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 02:14 PM
Member
 
ConanHub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Abroad. Currently Arizona.
Posts: 7,581
Re: Sex in marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle of Everything View Post
Maybe some of that was due to the average person living only 45 years.

Nah. They were just "better" and "tougher".
Young men appear seriously pathetic to me these days and many industries starving for personnel because of a very lazy, entitlement attitude that is rampant.

We might be thread jacking but did OP start it?
ConanHub is offline  
post #69 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
EunuchMonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 587
Re: Sex in marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle of Everything View Post
Maybe some of that was due to the average person living only 45 years.

Nah. They were just "better" and "tougher".


Source?

Even if I don't get likes for it, I'm still going to say it.
EunuchMonk is offline  
post #70 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 02:26 PM
Member
 
Middle of Everything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The Middle
Posts: 1,058
Re: Sex in marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EunuchMonk View Post

Source?
Not really sure what the gif is supposed to tell me but ok.
What year exactly were you declaring superior to us modern folk? I simply googled 1900. Seemed reasonable enough.

And to be clear Im not completely against waiting for sex in a marriage. I just think you have two polar opposites in your mind of pure good folk who never experience anything sexual until AFTER saying I do, and the opposite of people literally going around f@cking every guy/gal they can. And I dont think its so black and white.


"Masturbate with just a slick hand and thoughts of your wife." --Intheory
Middle of Everything is offline  
post #71 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 02:27 PM
Member
 
Married but Happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,575
Re: Sex in marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EunuchMonk View Post
- marijuana now replaces cigarettes
- teen pregnancy decline because abortion more rampant

Was that your point?
I'll make a point: you're wrong again! But, will facts convince you, or are you oblivious to reality?

U.S. Teen Pregnancy, Birth and Abortion Rates Reach the Lowest Levels in Almost Four Decades:
https://www.guttmacher.org/news-rele...t-four-decades

Love is an ideal thing; marriage is a real thing; a confusion of the real with the ideal never goes unpunished. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

CELIBACY IS NOT HEREDITARY.
Married but Happy is online now  
post #72 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
EunuchMonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 587
Re: Sex in marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle of Everything View Post
Not really sure what the gif is supposed to tell me but ok.
What year exactly were you declaring superior to us modern folk? I simply googled 1900. Seemed reasonable enough.

And to be clear Im not completely against waiting for sex in a marriage. I just think you have two polar opposites in your mind of pure good folk who never experience anything sexual until AFTER saying I do, and the opposite of people literally going around f@cking every guy/gal they can. And I dont think its so black and white.
It is for comments like this that the gif is appropriate. Where did I say or imply that?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Married but Happy
I'll make a point: you're wrong again! But, will facts convince you, or are you oblivious to reality?

U.S. Teen Pregnancy, Birth and Abortion Rates Reach the Lowest Levels in Almost Four Decades:
https://www.guttmacher.org/news-rele...t-four-decades
Guttmacher? The ones that are sponsored by planned parenthood? Heard they use surveys sheets, asking clinic workers to remember numbers off the top of their heads. If that's where you get your abortion facts from...whew

Even if I don't get likes for it, I'm still going to say it.
EunuchMonk is offline  
post #73 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 09:04 PM
Member
 
Married but Happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,575
Re: Sex in marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EunuchMonk View Post
Guttmacher? The ones that are sponsored by planned parenthood? Heard they use surveys sheets, asking clinic workers to remember numbers off the top of their heads. If that's where you get your abortion facts from...whew
On the other hand, you don't have ANY facts, just bias and crap opinions. Multiple sources back up the falling teen abortion rate, some using data from the CDC. Of course, you probably won't look or research this, because you might just have to change your false viewpoint.

Love is an ideal thing; marriage is a real thing; a confusion of the real with the ideal never goes unpunished. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

CELIBACY IS NOT HEREDITARY.
Married but Happy is online now  
post #74 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
EunuchMonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 587
Re: Sex in marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Married but Happy View Post
On the other hand, you don't have ANY facts, just bias and crap opinions. Multiple sources back up the falling teen abortion rate, some using data from the CDC. Of course, you probably won't look or research this, because you might just have to change your false viewpoint.
neither do you evidently.

You've Been Guttmacher'd: Planned Parenthood's Baby | LifeNews.com

In Which The Guttmacher Institute Continues to be Awful

Even if I don't get likes for it, I'm still going to say it.
EunuchMonk is offline  
post #75 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 09:56 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 31
Re: Sex in marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EunuchMonk View Post
There is a taboo with sex in religion. I don't know about you but I love to see married couples lovey-dovey with each other. Boyfriend and girlfriend? Not so much.

I think God reserved sex for marriage. Anyone who wants to be sexual in their marriage is righteous in my eyes (I guess I understand people who don't believe in Christianity). I've met so many Christians who claim to believe in the bible yet go against it. Tell me your experience with sex in marriage and out, whether you are religious or not.
I spent years of my life hooking up with random people, trying for serious relationships, and then not trying for serious relationships, just having "fun" the whole way. In the end it has damaged me in my marriage, not as much me but mostly my wife.... and therefore me. I foolishly thought that the "sex only within marriage" was overrated. But in the end it really is essential.
pag1617 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Double standard of when wife claims she is just a sex object? badsanta Sex in Marriage 462 09-06-2016 08:22 AM
at a loss husband will not have sex with me lostandhelpless Sex in Marriage 328 08-03-2016 07:33 AM
Declining oral sex after marriage fatherof2husbandof1 Sex in Marriage 245 07-20-2016 07:47 AM
Lack of sex and intimacy Raveslave Sex in Marriage 18 03-10-2016 07:10 PM
What to do? Ray83 Sex in Marriage 32 12-31-2015 09:44 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome