Anyone in a similar situation?
Not any more, but I was 7 years ago. When I found out I kicked him to the curb. You can read my story through the link in my signature if you like.
People will come on here and tell you that in their eyes this isn't cheating yadda yadda, but just ignore that. If you think like I do, then he crossed the line when he went from porn to one-on-one chatting. Anyway.
Since you already confronted, he's probably deleted everything by now, so if you want to gather evidence you'll need to back off for a while and let him think you're not going to pursue this. You need to find out if it went any further than looking, because it very well could have.
Whether you want to stay with him will depend on whether he steps up here, or whether he keeps minimizing what he's done. If he tries to make you think YOU did something wrong, **** him. Kick his ass out. If he tries to at least apologize and says he'll never do it again, make him prove it. Tell him several things have to happen before you'll consider not kicking him out
- he has to give you access to all of his devices ON THE SPOT - log in and hand you the phone/tablet/computer. NO DELETING.
- he must delete all his online porn/cam/sex site profiles AFTER you see whether he PM'd anyone for sex in person
- he must see a CSAT (certified sex addiction counselor) You can find one here https://www.iitap.com/therapists-search/
They will be able to determine if he is indeed a sex addict
- he must present you with a plan for going forward - how he is going to keep from doing this ever again
- he must get STD tested and present you with written results