Wife suddenly wants me to get circumcised...I think this is ridiculous - Page 2 - Talk About Marriage
Sex in Marriage Sexual problems are common in many relationships. This section is for discussions about sexuality. Please limit discussions to those asking for help with a problem and those offering advice. Any other threads may be deleted.

User Tag List

 205Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #16 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 10:15 PM
Forum Supporter
 
Thundarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Carolinas
Posts: 4,978
Re: Wife suddenly wants me to get circumcised...I think this is ridiculous

Jack, I wouldn't entertain the discussion twice. For that matter I don't think women should get boob jobs or other surgery for anyone except for themselves either. Now if you say you talked into some work then my opinion changes as to what you should be willing to do.

I'm as deep as a puddle. Holland.
Thundarr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 262
Re: Wife suddenly wants me to get circumcised...I think this is ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfv View Post
Don't do it! Whatever your wife's issue with you will not be resolved by removing your foreskin. Dig deeper.

Did you tell her about your research? about why you would be unwilling? If so, How did she respond.

Is there a chance that there is a second penis that you are being compared to?
No,I haven't told her about my research,but I will.No,there is no second penis.
Jack I is offline  
post #18 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 262
Re: Wife suddenly wants me to get circumcised...I think this is ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltInWound View Post
If this is a visual thing, I can't imagine she would have married you.
Well apparently it is.She says she never told me for fear of my feelings getting hurt and getting upset.
Jack I is offline  
post #19 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 10:32 PM
Member
 
Maricha75's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,292
Re: Wife suddenly wants me to get circumcised...I think this is ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack I View Post
Well apparently it is.She says she never told me for fear of my feelings getting hurt and getting upset.
And now, she has no problem with hurting your feelings because of the "requests" you have made of late? Granted, you (I think?) stopped badgering her about anal, and I would assume you have given up on the idea of going to a prostitute for it, correct? Sorry, Jack, but things like that are difficult to forget, even when one deletes the thread. Anyway, I'm not going to link every. single. one. of your threads dealing with the sexual problems you are having with your wife. I believe the people of TAM are more than capable of wading through them on their own. The one thing I will say about it is SOME believe there is less sensation after being circumcised. You are having issues with premature ejaculation. It may, or may not help with this, but I don't believe that would be reason to get it done. Personally, I love the look of my circumcised husband, and I would never get involved with a man who is not circumcised. Personal preference, everyone has them. If she didn't like the foreskin, she should have spoken up long ago. However, my guess is that she was afraid you would leave her back then, and her self esteem was probably quite low, due to being obese, correct?

You have a LOT of issues between you, all spelled out in your threads. This is just one more in a LONG line of dysfunction.

You can use the 2x4 without adding nails to it.
Maricha75 is offline  
post #20 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 262
Re: Wife suddenly wants me to get circumcised...I think this is ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maricha75 View Post
And now, she has no problem with hurting your feelings because of the "requests" you have made of late? Granted, you (I think?) stopped badgering her about anal, and I would assume you have given up on the idea of going to a prostitute for it, correct? Sorry, Jack, but things like that are difficult to forget, even when one deletes the thread. Anyway, I'm not going to link every. single. one. of your threads dealing with the sexual problems you are having with your wife. I believe the people of TAM are more than capable of wading through them on their own. The one thing I will say about it is SOME believe there is less sensation after being circumcised. You are having issues with premature ejaculation. It may, or may not help with this, but I don't believe that would be reason to get it done. Personally, I love the look of my circumcised husband, and I would never get involved with a man who is not circumcised. Personal preference, everyone has them. If she didn't like the foreskin, she should have spoken up long ago. However, my guess is that she was afraid you would leave her back then, and her self esteem was probably quite low, due to being obese, correct?

You have a LOT of issues between you, all spelled out in your threads. This is just one more in a LONG line of dysfunction.
I think you may be on to something about the reason she never brought it up before.She had her low self-esteem issues due to her weight yes.Maybe she didn't think any other man would want her or something,and was afraid of me getting upset and leaving,and felt like she had to just deal with my uncircumcised penis.And I'm not sure if this issue is related to the issues raised in my previous threads.
Jack I is offline  
post #21 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 11:03 PM
Member
 
RandomDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,150
Re: Wife suddenly wants me to get circumcised...I think this is ridiculous

Have you asked her why?

Do you wash underneath the skin and rid of all the '****-cheese' and sh-t lol
Cause that's normally when MY wife suggests circumsicion (or more of a "clean it up or get circumsized! Don't gross me out again" kinda thing)
RandomDude is offline  
post #22 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 11:07 PM
Forum Supporter
 
Thundarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Carolinas
Posts: 4,978
Re: Wife suddenly wants me to get circumcised...I think this is ridiculous

tmi

I'm as deep as a puddle. Holland.
Thundarr is offline  
post #23 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 11:07 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 60
Re: Wife suddenly wants me to get circumcised...I think this is ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack I View Post
My wife and I have been married for 6 years.She never has told me she has a problem with my uncircumcised penis.Yesterday she asked,"Do you ever think about getting circumcised"?And the discussion went on.It seems she doesn't like my uncircumcised penis.I've done a lot of reading online about this today.A study actually said that circumcision removes 20,000 nerve endings from the penis.And it is widely reported that uncircumcised men have more sensitivity.Im upset and confused.I do not want to get circumcised.My wife actually claimed to have told me this before.Her brother got circumcised years ago,and she claims to have talked to me about getting circumcised when she told me about her brother.That had to have been a one sentence or something of that nature and not a full conversation because I would have remembered it.So do any men have experiences with their wives wanting them to get circumcised?Any women prefer an uncircumcised penis?Why?Have you ever told a man you wanted him to get circumcised?
NO!!!! NO! NO! NO!

Female circumcision is considered cruel/brutal and is likewise illegal in this country. WHY IN THE HELL is male circumcision legal?!?!?! Sorry, my wife and I are intactivists and prefer to say intact, rather than uncircumcised. Saying uncircumcised sounds like being circumcised is the default state and one choses to lose their circumcision - to be uncircumcised. Though I was circumcised 3 days after my birth, my wife and I have done much research on this, and have decided it's wrong and chose not to circumcise our son. My mom had a problem with it, but I put her in her place on this issue. Her rationale was that a son should look like his father. I argue that losing one's little toe at birth is less detrimental to one's life than circumcision.
/rant

Modifying a body part is fine (as long as its done safely, by a licensed professional, and in a sterile environment), if that's what YOU want, but NO ONE should be forcing or even trying to convince you to change your body. This is your body, and having a circumcision could be really damaging to your sex life. I have even heard it argued, that more damage is likely when an adult gets a circumcision vice an infant (ie. lower sensitivity levels in the adult).

By the way, I am student at an American medical school, and my stance on circumcision directly contradicts the most recent publication from the American Academy of Pediatrics regarding the matter (they actually SUPPORT the operation ). Just adding this info so you know that not all doctors agree on the matter (I know, I'm not a doctor, yet, but I am in my 3rd year, so I know my stuff pretty well).
Daneosaurus is offline  
post #24 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 11:16 PM
Member
 
RandomDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,150
Re: Wife suddenly wants me to get circumcised...I think this is ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr View Post
tmi

Well OP needs to check ALL the angles lol

There MUST be a reason she wants him cut
RandomDude is offline  
post #25 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 11:17 PM
jfv
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 436
Re: Wife suddenly wants me to get circumcised...I think this is ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maricha75 View Post
And now, she has no problem with hurting your feelings because of the "requests" you have made of late? Granted, you (I think?) stopped badgering her about anal, and I would assume you have given up on the idea of going to a prostitute for it, correct? Sorry, Jack, but things like that are difficult to forget, even when one deletes the thread. Anyway, I'm not going to link every. single. one. of your threads dealing with the sexual problems you are having with your wife. I believe the people of TAM are more than capable of wading through them on their own. The one thing I will say about it is SOME believe there is less sensation after being circumcised. You are having issues with premature ejaculation. It may, or may not help with this, but I don't believe that would be reason to get it done. Personally, I love the look of my circumcised husband, and I would never get involved with a man who is not circumcised. Personal preference, everyone has them. If she didn't like the foreskin, she should have spoken up long ago. However, my guess is that she was afraid you would leave her back then, and her self esteem was probably quite low, due to being obese, correct?

You have a LOT of issues between you, all spelled out in your threads. This is just one more in a LONG line of dysfunction.
You wouldn't be with someone over a piece of foreskin that can be pulled back?
Christ you're shallow.
jfv is offline  
post #26 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 11:22 PM
Member
 
Anonymous07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,950
Re: Wife suddenly wants me to get circumcised...I think this is ridiculous

My husband is uncut and I have never had an issue with it. It's just more to play with.

I would have to say there is a whole lot more to this than just her not liking the "look" of an uncircumcised penis. This is her escape goat to the real problem.
Anonymous07 is offline  
post #27 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 11:22 PM
Member
 
Maricha75's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,292
Re: Wife suddenly wants me to get circumcised...I think this is ridiculous

Sigh... let's not turn this into a debate over whether it is right to get your child circumcised or not, mmmk? Jack asked if ladies have ever asked their SO to get circumcised. I mentioned that his wife MAY be bringing this up because of her PREVIOUS low self-esteem, and she may have been afraid before because she was afraid she would be alone. But it could also be related to ALL the other issues they have going on. I think THEY should discuss WHY she asked this, and if he doesn't want to do it, then he shouldn't do it. Just as she has the right to refuse certain requests he may make/has made.

I never asked my husband to get circumcised. His was done 8 days after he was born. Since I am not Jewish, our boys were done when they were one day old. I'm not debating whether we should or should not have done it. It's done. And we would choose to do it again, although we would probably have searched for a mohel to do it, even though I am not Jewish. But I digress...

My husband's circumcised penis has not inhibited our sex life. No problems with sensation, no problems when having sex, period.

Anyway, like I said, this isn't the thread to debate infant circumcision. There's one in the debate section already.

You can use the 2x4 without adding nails to it.
Maricha75 is offline  
post #28 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 11:24 PM
Member
 
Maricha75's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,292
Re: Wife suddenly wants me to get circumcised...I think this is ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfv View Post
You wouldn't be with someone over a piece of foreskin that can be pulled back?
Christ you're shallow.
Well, I guess it's a good thing I married a man who was circumcised when he was a baby, huh? Everyone has their own preferences. I don't like the look of an uncircumcised penis. So what? What difference does MY preference make to YOU? I am happy with my husband's penis. Again, what does it matter TO YOU?

ETA: I did like how you focused on the part where I said I would never be with an uncircumcised man, but not the part where I said I like MY HUSBAND'S penis... which happens to be circumcised.... so liking my husband's penis makes me shallow. Awesome!

You can use the 2x4 without adding nails to it.

Last edited by Maricha75; 02-09-2013 at 11:39 PM.
Maricha75 is offline  
post #29 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 262
Re: Wife suddenly wants me to get circumcised...I think this is ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfv View Post
You wouldn't be with someone over a piece of foreskin that can be pulled back?
Christ you're shallow.
Right what do women have against uncircumcised penises?
Jack I is offline  
post #30 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 11:27 PM
Member
 
RandomDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,150
Re: Wife suddenly wants me to get circumcised...I think this is ridiculous

...

Meh, I still vote the 'its the cheese'
RandomDude is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to ask your husband to get circumcised?? Ano Sex in Marriage 114 02-25-2013 07:18 AM
My wife left me suddenly. End of the world? pgaske Going Through Divorce or Separation 0 05-18-2012 01:38 AM
Wife suddenly wants to separate, I don't dontwantthis Considering Divorce or Separation 20 12-29-2011 05:31 PM
Suddenly Sexually Invigorated Wife? revitalizedhusband Sex in Marriage 45 02-15-2010 02:25 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome