Wife suddenly wants me to get circumcised...I think this is ridiculous - Page 4 - Talk About Marriage
Sex in Marriage Sexual problems are common in many relationships. This section is for discussions about sexuality. Please limit discussions to those asking for help with a problem and those offering advice. Any other threads may be deleted.

User Tag List

 205Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #46 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 12:21 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 211
Re: Wife suddenly wants me to get circumcised...I think this is ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maricha75 View Post
Again, this thread is not about INFANT circumcision. It is about JACK'S WIFE requesting that HE get it done. So, the part of your post that is relevant to THIS thread is that he should not get it done unless it is medically necessary. The rest is better served in the thread in the debate section.

ETA: I'll even make it easy on people: Male insight on male circumcision

There's the debate thread.
Yea and he should not have it done now or then or ever...
fetishwife is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #47 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 12:24 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 211
Re: Wife suddenly wants me to get circumcised...I think this is ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eros Turannos View Post
I've dated one guy who was uncirced. He was DISGUSTING. I can't tell you how many UTI's I got from his nasty habits of not cleaning. Not saying all uncirced guys are like that, but he turned me off. Not to mention I too like the look of a circed penis hands down. Would you date a woman who was 300lbs overweight? No? Are you shallow? It's just something that I care about, something that would make me definitely think twice before continuing in a relationship with a person due to my past experiences. Personal preference, and nothing to get bent out of shape over. Like Maricha said, it doesn't effect you.
He sounds like a filthy disgusting person. He would probably be the same either way.

This is similar to saying that you dont like a certain race as someone of that race beat you up in the past.

Its a normal reaction to associate....but most certainly if it was ME I would be clean as a whistle...

Some women are gross down there too....does that make all female genitals dirty and gross?
fetishwife is offline  
post #48 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 12:30 AM
Member
 
Eros Turannos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: On a boat in the ocean, because marinas are just overpriced boat parking.
Posts: 40
Re: Wife suddenly wants me to get circumcised...I think this is ridiculous

It doesn't matter much anymore because my husband is circed. Though like I said, there's only been one uncirced guy I've been with and I didn't exactly go around polling guys before dating them, so it naturally hasn't come up much in my life. If it had and there had been some good experiences to outweigh the bad, then idk how I would feel now. But as it stands, logically I know not all uncirced guys are gross, and I know that he in particular was, circed or not. But I have nothing to replace the memory of it all and I still like circed over uncirced in general. Always will I suppose, and I honestly have no intention of changing preferences of penis style when I have other things to work on about myself.
Eros Turannos is offline  
post #49 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 12:34 AM
Registered User
 
HalfGrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Saint Cloud, MN
Posts: 14
Re: Wife suddenly wants me to get circumcised...I think this is ridiculous

Just be a good boy and get it done.

You'll get a decreased risk of developing prostate cancer, a lower chance of contracting sexually transmitted diseases, and less time in the shower or less odor -- depending on your bathing habits.

She'll get a lower chance of developing bacterial infections and a stylish new tool to try out.
HalfGrin is offline  
post #50 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 12:38 AM
Member
 
RandomDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,050
Re: Wife suddenly wants me to get circumcised...I think this is ridiculous

Well... I can understand how one bad experience can really fudge up one's standards, as well as how a spouse will pretty much dictate your standards.

My 3rd lady friend in my youth had bad hair issues, refused to shave even though she had a forest down there that reached up to her belly button. I stopped dating Caucasian after that, perhaps it's shallow but meh. My wife is half Caucasian but has very natural smooth skin and soft hairs hence she doesn't really have to maintain herself too much so she was the exception. If my wife suddenly decides to call it quits then unfortunately I would remain just as choosy (and even more so) with the hairiness of my women.

It does pay to be more open minded I guess, but for now, it's not something I have to worry about. Unless of course my wife turns around and says "you know what, fk it, lets divorce"

EDIT: I think the term for this is "spousal bias" or something *shrug*

Last edited by RandomDude; 02-10-2013 at 12:49 AM.
RandomDude is offline  
post #51 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 12:49 AM
Member
 
Anonymous07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,950
Re: Wife suddenly wants me to get circumcised...I think this is ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfGrin View Post
Just be a good boy and get it done.

You'll get a decreased risk of developing prostate cancer, a lower chance of contracting sexually transmitted diseases, and less time in the shower or less odor -- depending on your bathing habits.

She'll get a lower chance of developing bacterial infections and a stylish new tool to try out.
There is no medical reason for him to get it done, so why go through an unnecessary procedure?

The stats on what you mentioned as 'benefits' of being circumcised are so minuscule that they really make no difference at all. The best way to avoid sexually transmitted diseases is to use protection, not a 2 percent less chance from being circumcised. It only takes seconds to properly clean an uncircumcised penis, so I don't see how that much "less time" in the shower would really make a difference. The only medically necessary reason to get circumcised would be if the man were having issues with UTIs and in that case, yes it would be helpful. Otherwise, it is purely cosmetic or a religious choice.

I am not saying he is in the right, because he has done some dumb sh!t to his wife, but getting a circumcision for no reason other than cosmetic issues would be a bad choice.
Anonymous07 is offline  
post #52 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 12:49 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 60
Re: Wife suddenly wants me to get circumcised...I think this is ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfGrin View Post
Just be a good boy and get it done.

You'll get a decreased risk of developing prostate cancer, a lower chance of contracting sexually transmitted diseases, and less time in the shower or less odor -- depending on your bathing habits.

She'll get a lower chance of developing bacterial infections and a stylish new tool to try out.
Please tell me you are kidding, because none of what you say is true.
Daneosaurus is offline  
post #53 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 12:52 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 60
Re: Wife suddenly wants me to get circumcised...I think this is ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous07 View Post
There is no medical reason for him to get it done, so why go through an unnecessary procedure?

The stats on what you mentioned as 'benefits' of being circumcised are so minuscule that they really make no difference at all. The best way to avoid sexually transmitted diseases is to use protection, not a 2 percent less chance from being circumcised. It only takes seconds to properly clean an uncircumcised penis, so I don't see how that much "less time" in the shower would really make a difference. The only medically necessary reason to get circumcised would be if the man were having issues with UTIs and in that case, yes it would be helpful. Otherwise, it is purely cosmetic or a religious choice.

I am not saying he is in the right, because he has done some dumb sh!t to his wife, but getting a circumcision for no reason other than cosmetic issues would be a bad choice.
I agree with everything you said, except for the first clause of the last sentence: He should not get a circumcision just because he's a d-bag to his wife.
Daneosaurus is offline  
post #54 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 12:53 AM
Member
 
RandomDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,050
Re: Wife suddenly wants me to get circumcised...I think this is ridiculous

I'm still awaiting OP's response in regards to the cheese.
RandomDude is offline  
post #55 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 01:00 AM
Member
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,811
Re: Wife suddenly wants me to get circumcised...I think this is ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maricha75 View Post
Ummm... I would hazard a guess that they already were pretty close to that size, since she had weight loss surgery not long ago. Remember that? Yea, Jack I is THAT guy....
Ahh, yes. The other part of the story. Don't you just hate having to wade through a thread to find out there is more to the story? Perhaps she's after to lop off half his manhood just to be annoying in retaliation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfGrin View Post
Just be a good boy and get it done.
What a horse**** comment. You're not a 'bad boy' if you don't get it done. If you don't get a boob lift, are you a 'bad girl'?

You can debate back and forth whether or not it's a good idea to get circumcised or not (I'm both circumcised and would have it done again personally), but what shouldn't be debated is if the woman should 'tell' or 'ask' her man to get it done. It's a surgical procedure which permanently alters a persons body. That choice should be his and his alone, barring some unforeseen medical issue that would make it a necessity.
kingsfan is offline  
post #56 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 03:12 AM
Member
 
TheStranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dubrovnik
Posts: 310
Re: Wife suddenly wants me to get circumcised...I think this is ridiculous

Circumcision is a terrible idea IMO. In my country it's practically unheard of unless it's for religious reasons.

For me it would be difficult to imagine the loss of sensitivity that would happen from the procedure. Right now, if I were to pull back my foreskin and go about my daily business the experience would be painful and irritating. It is THAT sensitive.

Circumcision forces the loss of sensitivity because of continuous exposure to pubic hair, skin, fabric etc.
TheStranger is offline  
post #57 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 03:37 AM
Moderator
 
EleGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 32,968
Re: Wife suddenly wants me to get circumcised...I think this is ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneosaurus View Post
Female circumcision is considered cruel/brutal and is likewise illegal in this country. WHY IN THE HELL is male circumcision legal?!?!?!
Female circumcision generally very different from male circumcision. When males are circumcised, some skin is removed. When women are ‘circumcised’ in the manner is it done to millions of women in 3rd world countries, the clitoris and labia are removed and the women is sewn up to leave only an opening big enough for a penis. The purpose is to prevent women from enjoying sex.

Female circumcision is illegal in all Western countries to prevent immigrants from performing this total removed of a girls external genitalia.
EleGirl is offline  
post #58 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 03:56 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: in a brutal, merciless, hypergamous world
Posts: 469
Re: Wife suddenly wants me to get circumcised...I think this is ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maricha75 View Post
Personally, I love the look of my circumcised husband, and I would never get involved with a man who is not circumcised.
WTF am I reading?

"I can cook my own steaks and don't feel much like duty-sex these days" Lascarx
"I've never met a woman who's aversion to her husband hampered her ability to accept the proceeds of his labor." unbelievable
The Cro-Magnon is offline  
post #59 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 04:16 AM
Member
 
RandomDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,050
Re: Wife suddenly wants me to get circumcised...I think this is ridiculous

^ As I mentioned before, its spousal bias! Chill!

It's not like she said uncircumcised men are this or that or something
RandomDude is offline  
post #60 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 05:04 AM
T&T
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 436
Re: Wife suddenly wants me to get circumcised...I think this is ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
Circumcision forces the loss of sensitivity because of continuous exposure to pubic hair, skin, fabric etc.
Good Lord, you mean it could have been more sensitive than it already is!? Thanks Mom & Dad!
T&T is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to ask your husband to get circumcised?? Ano Sex in Marriage 114 02-25-2013 07:18 AM
My wife left me suddenly. End of the world? pgaske Going Through Divorce or Separation 0 05-18-2012 01:38 AM
Wife suddenly wants to separate, I don't dontwantthis Considering Divorce or Separation 20 12-29-2011 05:31 PM
Suddenly Sexually Invigorated Wife? revitalizedhusband Sex in Marriage 45 02-15-2010 02:25 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome