Exercise Motivation Thread - Page 8 - Talk About Marriage
The Social Spot Talk About Whatever.

User Tag List

 592Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #106 of 465 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 08:06 AM
Member
 
lucy999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Brownbackistan
Posts: 1,633
Re: Exercise Motivation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisRedding View Post
I also remember doing Tae Bo back in college. Naturally, I went right to the advanced video, could barely walk and it hurt just to sit on a toilet for a good week lol

Oh I love Billy blanks!!(is it just me or does that sound like a porn name?)

When I lived in the country and weather was bad and I couldn't make it to class, I would do one of his dvds. I think it was called boot camp?

Had a great workout today. We did strength 60. Weights and bands and toning for an hour in 3s. 3 glute routines, 3 ab routines, 3 leg . . you get the gist. My boss always knows when I've done that class cuz I move quite slow. Lol.



Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

lucy999 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #107 of 465 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
EllisRedding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Valhalla (Or the Northeast USA)
Posts: 5,917
Re: Exercise Motivation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy999 View Post
Oh I love Billy blanks!!(is it just me or does that sound like a porn name?)
Not sure you want the word "Blanks" in your porn name lol.

Nice job with the workout today!!!
EllisRedding is offline  
post #108 of 465 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
EllisRedding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Valhalla (Or the Northeast USA)
Posts: 5,917
Re: Exercise Motivation Thread

Finally got back to the gym this morning after skipping my last two workouts due to being sick. Got some deadlifts in working up to 455lbs, a quick ab session, and called it a day. If it is quiet at work later today I may go for a quick walk on the treadmill.
EllisRedding is offline  
 
post #109 of 465 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 09:37 AM
Member
 
Lila's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 1,910
Re: Exercise Motivation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisRedding View Post
Got some deadlifts in working up to 455lbs, a quick ab session, and called it a day.
Holy crap....455lbs?!?!?! And here I thought I was doing great with my 30 lbs dumbbells. That probably explains why I get no respect from the guys at the gym
Lila is offline  
post #110 of 465 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
EllisRedding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Valhalla (Or the Northeast USA)
Posts: 5,917
Re: Exercise Motivation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila View Post
Holy crap....455lbs?!?!?! And here I thought I was doing great with my 30 lbs dumbbells. That probably explains why I get no respect from the guys at the gym
Lol, I usually DL heavier but being sick and dropping a ton of weight I am definitely feeling the impact on my strength. Just not sure what direction I want to head in right now, so slow & steady, and try to stay healthy as I enter my golden years

I got my W 10lbs bumper plates that look the same size as the typical 45lbs plate, so she looked like a badass DLing 65lbs
EllisRedding is offline  
post #111 of 465 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
EllisRedding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Valhalla (Or the Northeast USA)
Posts: 5,917
Re: Exercise Motivation Thread

Here are a couple of training programs my W has followed in the past:

Ignore the supp talk for the first article ...

The Ultimate Female Training Guide: Specific, Proven Methods to Get Lean And Sexy | SimplyShredded.com

My W followed an older Jamie Eason program, this appears to be the most up to date one.

Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer - Your 12-Week Transformation Plan!
EllisRedding is offline  
post #112 of 465 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 10:38 AM
Member
 
*Deidre*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Somewhere else...
Posts: 2,664
Re: Exercise Motivation Thread

Nice DL, Ellis!!

Sometimes, you fall in love with the most unexpected person, at the most unexpected time. ~ Unknown
*Deidre* is offline  
post #113 of 465 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 11:21 AM
Member
 
*Deidre*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Somewhere else...
Posts: 2,664
Re: Exercise Motivation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisRedding View Post
Here are a couple of training programs my W has followed in the past:

Ignore the supp talk for the first article ...

The Ultimate Female Training Guide: Specific, Proven Methods to Get Lean And Sexy | SimplyShredded.com

My W followed an older Jamie Eason program, this appears to be the most up to date one.

Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer - Your 12-Week Transformation Plan!
I've been into cross fit/weight lifting for a few years, and my fiance made a good point the other day saying that women shouldn't be afraid to lift weights. Like more serious weight lifting. Jamie Eason is awesome

Sometimes, you fall in love with the most unexpected person, at the most unexpected time. ~ Unknown
*Deidre* is offline  
post #114 of 465 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
EllisRedding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Valhalla (Or the Northeast USA)
Posts: 5,917
Re: Exercise Motivation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Deidre* View Post
I've been into cross fit/weight lifting for a few years, and my fiance made a good point the other day saying that women shouldn't be afraid to lift weights. Like more serious weight lifting. Jamie Eason is awesome
I can't tell you how many women say they don't want to lift weights (especially heavy weight) because they don't want to get all bulky and look like a dude As if they lift some heavy weight and all of a sudden they will have muscles buldging out of their arse lol. Imagine if it was actually that easy ...

Look at Jamie Eason, look at the women that Bret Contreras trains, etc... They all do some serious weight lifting and don't even look remotely close to a man (except for this one lady who had what appeared to be a possible beard lol). Unfortunately some women have these images of juiced up female BBers and picture that is what they would look like as well if they suddenly started doing heavy squats!
EllisRedding is offline  
post #115 of 465 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 11:49 AM
Member
 
*Deidre*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Somewhere else...
Posts: 2,664
Re: Exercise Motivation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisRedding View Post
I can't tell you how many women say they don't want to lift weights (especially heavy weight) because they don't want to get all bulky and look like a dude As if they lift some heavy weight and all of a sudden they will have muscles buldging out of their arse lol. Imagine if it was actually that easy ...

Look at Jamie Eason, look at the women that Bret Contreras trains, etc... They all do some serious weight lifting and don't even look remotely close to a man (except for this one lady who had what appeared to be a possible beard lol). Unfortunately some women have these images of juiced up female BBers and picture that is what they would look like as well if they suddenly started doing heavy squats!
lol! Exactly. My fiance is into weight lifting and he said that women should follow the same programs as men for aesthetics, just lift to what they can handle.

BB'ers on steroids who are women, yea...now that's a look that I wouldn't want.


Sometimes, you fall in love with the most unexpected person, at the most unexpected time. ~ Unknown
*Deidre* is offline  
post #116 of 465 (permalink) Old 10-07-2016, 11:23 PM
Member
 
*Deidre*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Somewhere else...
Posts: 2,664
Re: Exercise Motivation Thread

Squats, push ups, jumping squats, burpees, and some isolated back work, at the gym. Then, went for a run. Went out for dinner and had chicken, veggies and some raw sushi. Great day/10

Sometimes, you fall in love with the most unexpected person, at the most unexpected time. ~ Unknown
*Deidre* is offline  
post #117 of 465 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 06:31 PM
Member
 
giddiot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: North Central US
Posts: 297
Re: Exercise Motivation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Deidre* View Post
Squats, push ups, jumping squats, burpees, and some isolated back work, at the gym. Then, went for a run. Went out for dinner and had chicken, veggies and some raw sushi. Great day/10


Very healthy. I get to start rehab now that I can walk up a flight of stairs carrying my granddaughter with out being completely out of breath. Had heart surgery this week after that event.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"Sometimes giving someone a second chance is like giving them an extra bullet for their gun because they missed you the first time."
giddiot is offline  
post #118 of 465 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 06:04 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
EllisRedding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Valhalla (Or the Northeast USA)
Posts: 5,917
Re: Exercise Motivation Thread

Working from home today and then going to try and squeeze in a squat/bench workout later today.

Oh yeah, just for you @*Deidre*

EllisRedding is offline  
post #119 of 465 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 12:51 PM
Member
 
tropicalbeachiwish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: La La Land
Posts: 1,286
Re: Exercise Motivation Thread

I squeezed in a workout during my lunch hour. My gym is real close to my work, so that's really nice for me. It's funny because we actually have a gym in our building, however it's super small and there aren't a lot of options. Also, too many times, co-workers have tried to talk about work to me while working out. That should be against the law! Working out gives me a break from work! I don't want to talk about it when I work out!

Any how, I did 25 minutes on the elliptical machine. Then, I did 3 sets each on biceps, pulldowns, and the overhead press. Quick shower & shackled back to my desk!

Is it better to work out before eating or after eating? I wouldn't be able to work out if I was too hungry nor if I was too full, but just curious on which is better for you in terms of burning calories/fat?
tropicalbeachiwish is online now  
post #120 of 465 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
EllisRedding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Valhalla (Or the Northeast USA)
Posts: 5,917
Re: Exercise Motivation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalbeachiwish View Post
I squeezed in a workout during my lunch hour. My gym is real close to my work, so that's really nice for me. It's funny because we actually have a gym in our building, however it's super small and there aren't a lot of options. Also, too many times, co-workers have tried to talk about work to me while working out. That should be against the law! Working out gives me a break from work! I don't want to talk about it when I work out!

Any how, I did 25 minutes on the elliptical machine. Then, I did 3 sets each on biceps, pulldowns, and the overhead press. Quick shower & shackled back to my desk!

Is it better to work out before eating or after eating? I wouldn't be able to work out if I was too hungry nor if I was too full, but just curious on which is better for you in terms of burning calories/fat?
I would just go with what fits best for you in terms of eating. Some people are big into working out fasted, some prefer to have a small meal 1-2 hours prior. Whatever gives you enough energy without making you feel full/lethargic works best.

I typically work out at 5am, so all I have is a quick protein shake a few minutes before heading out. I definitely don't like having a large meal in me too close to exercising.
EllisRedding is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAM Chat Thread EllisRedding The Social Spot 909 12-04-2016 06:49 PM
Isolating a Stitch (a Continuation that started in a previous thread) Ognimod13 Coping with Infidelity 20 09-09-2016 08:39 PM
The Christmas Hope Thread Philglossop1 Going Through Divorce or Separation 5 12-21-2015 03:44 PM
Examples of the cheater's Script in this thread A resource. MattMatt Coping with Infidelity 300 10-17-2015 01:59 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome