Tom brady - Page 3 - Talk About Marriage
The Social Spot Talk About Whatever.

User Tag List

 53Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #31 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 05:11 AM
Forum Supporter
 
arbitrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Central Texas/Brazos Valley
Posts: 11,515
Cool Re: Tom brady

I really don't think that Atlanta's failure in that last half of SB LI can be as fully accountable as their proclivity to have a first-round bye, along with two games before their home crowd in the playoffs!

Having said that, I really think that it was Dallas' swoon at home in the first half against Green Bay is what ultimately propelled the Falcons playoff success; and when they finally "hit the road" into Houston's NRG Stadium, that they were quite comfortable early on, but with a marked combination of some bad coaching, rather bad play calling, some late boneheaded penalties, a few lucky breaks on the part of the Patriots, along with the proverbial "big head," they got themselves "Brady-ed!" They gave Tom an inch, and he literally took a mile!

I'm definitely not saying that Dak Prescott and company would have necessarily fared any better than Atlanta in the Big Game, but on paper, the Cowboys were overall a much better road team this year!

Allowing New England to make a vaunted comeback like that after having had their foot on their proverbial heads, will now have the Falcons living in the NFL Hall of Shame!

But as the old Seals and Croft's song goes, as well as for Atlanta's future NFL playoff prospects go, Ol' Arthur Blank may only be finding himself dancing to We May Never Pass This Way Again!



"To love another person is to see the face of God!" - Jean Valjean from Les Miserables

My Story! http://talkaboutmarriage.com/going-t...andonment.html

Last edited by arbitrator; 02-07-2017 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Edification
arbitrator is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 06:51 AM
Member
 
Fitnessfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 227
Re: Tom brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiecrna View Post
Ok I'm going to be a hater but I have to say it...

Tom Brady is proof that karma doesn't exist.
Tom Brady is proof that karma DOES exist. Perfect karma after being falsely suspended bc he "more likely than not" knew about deflated balls. I'm so happy for him

"You will always be too much of something for someone: too big, too loud, too soft, too edgy. If you round out your edges, you lose your edge. Apologize for mistakes. Apologize for unintentionally hurting someone--profusely. But don't apologize for being who you are."
Danielle Laporte
Fitnessfan is offline  
post #33 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 06:54 AM
Member
 
Fitnessfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 227
Re: Tom brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiecrna View Post
Hey I'm just saying the proof is in the pudding. I've never believed in karma.

Just the name Ray Rice makes my skin crawl. And yes compared to those outstanding fellows Tom Brady doesn't look that bad. The standard is low for athletics I guess.
Oh give me a break. Tom Brady is low standard? That is literally the dumbest thing I've ever heard. SMH

"You will always be too much of something for someone: too big, too loud, too soft, too edgy. If you round out your edges, you lose your edge. Apologize for mistakes. Apologize for unintentionally hurting someone--profusely. But don't apologize for being who you are."
Danielle Laporte
Fitnessfan is offline  
 
post #34 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 06:59 AM
Member
 
Fitnessfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 227
Re: Tom brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope1964 View Post
Brady isn't anywhere NEAR the greatest QB of all time. He has a great coach, and sufficient talent, but he doesn't really do much in the way of thinking himself. He's like a robot that's been programmed by a genius and therefore does everything way better than everyone else. I credit Belichick, not brady.

As for why Atlanta lost, I agree, bad coaching. They took their foot WAY off the gas and paid the price. Sad but true.

As for karma? Brady was SO guilty in Deflategate. The Pats are cheaters. Sure every team might cheat but the Pats are just slimier than the rest of them, and brady's the slimiest.
Brady winning is the best karma ever. Go Patriots!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	64448904.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	51162  

"You will always be too much of something for someone: too big, too loud, too soft, too edgy. If you round out your edges, you lose your edge. Apologize for mistakes. Apologize for unintentionally hurting someone--profusely. But don't apologize for being who you are."
Danielle Laporte
Fitnessfan is offline  
post #35 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 07:00 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Midwest
Posts: 122
Re: Tom brady

Americans love the underdog. Tom isn't an underdog - so disliked by many. Face it - he's the epitome of an American man - good looking Superbowl winning quarterback married to one of the top supermodels in the world. How could he possibly be more/better ?

Tom Brady and Al Bundy - man gods !
2&out is offline  
post #36 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 07:01 AM
Member
 
Fitnessfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 227
Re: Tom brady

The NFL's Biggest Cheaters - Your Team Cheats - The Definitive Guide to NFL Cheating

Love when people completely uneducated about who actually cheats in the NFL bash the Patriots. Ignorance!!

"You will always be too much of something for someone: too big, too loud, too soft, too edgy. If you round out your edges, you lose your edge. Apologize for mistakes. Apologize for unintentionally hurting someone--profusely. But don't apologize for being who you are."
Danielle Laporte
Fitnessfan is offline  
post #37 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 07:05 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 110
Re: Tom brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope1964 View Post
Brady isn't anywhere NEAR the greatest QB of all time. He has a great coach, and sufficient talent, but he doesn't really do much in the way of thinking himself. He's like a robot that's been programmed by a genius and therefore does everything way better than everyone else. I credit Belichick, not brady.

As for why Atlanta lost, I agree, bad coaching. They took their foot WAY off the gas and paid the price. Sad but true.

As for karma? Brady was SO guilty in Deflategate. The Pats are cheaters. Sure every team might cheat but the Pats are just slimier than the rest of them, and brady's the slimiest.
So Hope1964, how do you REALLY feel about Tom Brady and the Patriots. HAHAHA!
BradWesley2 is offline  
post #38 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 05:01 PM
Member
 
Hope1964's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Alberta
Posts: 8,845
Re: Tom brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitnessfan View Post
Tom Brady is proof that karma DOES exist. Perfect karma after being falsely suspended bc he "more likely than not" knew about deflated balls. I'm so happy for him
Allrighty then

People don't get a free pass to cheat just because their marriage sucks.

Our R
Hope1964 is offline  
post #39 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 05:33 PM
Forum Supporter
 
SunCMars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: North Coast Nationalist-burg, U.S.A.
Posts: 2,620
Re: Tom brady

If only we could keep these "spats" limited to sports and not politics or religion.

Oh.....then we would all be dead and living in some Paradise Land. One land for you, one land for me, one land for Hope who lives in Canada.

Hope in America? One side or the other always pulls the covers off the other....one side is always naked and cold. A shriveled peter or a cold clam, is the outcome after the income goes belly up....and down.

This....This is the nub of the stick that pokes me in the eye when the light of day energizes my optic nerve....SunCMars.... The Allegory of the Cave--> On this, I did a '180' and stepped out.

The Lion in Winter. Invictus..By Will, Shall... Saved from harm by my friends.
SunCMars is offline  
post #40 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 09:36 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,257
Re: Tom brady

TEAM: The Houston Texans
SEVERITY:scale
SUMMARY: In a November 3, 2006 article in the New York Times, former Houston Texans quarterback David Carr, like several other quarterbacks, said Denver was one of the toughest places to play. He said he thought the ball expanded slightly at the altitude and felt slick because of the lower humidity.
Before Houston’s August 27, 2006 preseason game at Denver, as Carr proudly admitted to the reporter, he instructed the Houston ball boys to let a little air out of the Texans' footballs.
Uh oh, good thing Carr is no longer in the league, or I'm sure he'd be looking at a 4-game suspension. I assume, however, that NFL commissioner and former Jets public relations intern Roger Goodell will be fining the Texans $1MM and docking their 1st and 4th round draft picks...waiting...waiting...Roger, you there?
VICTIM:*Denver Broncos
PUNISHED? No but ... it's more probable than not that this was cheating
PUNISHMENT: You can toss out the "more probable than not" BS. Carr admitted to tampering with the footballs and utterly obliterating the integrity of the game. We won't know until Ted Wells' report is finished (waiting...waiting...Teddy? Pick up the phone!) for how long the Texans quarterback employed this heinous practice.

Got this off the site fitness suggested. LOL.

LOL, also funny that the Jets caught breaking the spying rules in 2008 and 2011, tampering in 2014.

Also funny that some of the patriots balls were over-inflated thanks to the refs in that AFC championship game. Perhaps the Patriots paid the refs to over inflate the balls and Brady's numbers were much better in the second half.

I could never be a fanatic, hatred would just cause major blindness. I am so glad to be a casual fan and don't go around calling every team cheaters, why be a hypocrite if I did. I will admit, I stop being a Cowboys fan for a year when they brought in Greg Hardy.


I am such a tree hugger because it gives me wood!
Mr.Fisty is offline  
post #41 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 11:51 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: North East US
Posts: 386
Re: Tom brady

The Giants told the NFL they had found that two balls used by the Steelers on Dec. 4, 2016 were underinflated, but unlike in the Deflategate case against the Patriots, the league has been largely quiet in response.

The NFL Response.
“The officiating game ball procedures were followed and there were no chain of command issues. All footballs were in compliance and no formal complaint was filed by the Giants with our office.”
The Giants were proven to have notified the league. In fact the Giants violated the chain of custody rule by testing the balls.

The NFL conducted season long testing into football pressures. They were to perform random testing unannounced at random games. They refuse to release the results.

During an appearance Tuesday on NFL Network's "Rich Eisen Show," Goodell said the league implemented random “spot checks” of official game footballs in the wake of Deflategate to “create a deterrent effect,” and found no violations. Because none of the balls was red flagged, Goodell said, the league did not keep records of the PSI measurements taken and thus will not release the results of the tests.

Really Roger you ask for the information to be recorded and then do nothing with it. I think we all know why!
Always Learning is offline  
post #42 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 12:54 PM
Member
 
jb02157's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,267
Re: Tom brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokillme View Post
Yeah but you gotta blame the head coach too. It's his job to make sure the right calls are made, he is more in charge of situational decisions then even the coordinator is. The only way NE wins that game yesterday was for a bunch of mistakes and that is what you had. A whole bunch.
I definitely agree. It's interesting that the Falcons cleaned house today. They fired their defensive coordinator and defensive line coach. Neither move will remedy the problem (good luck trying to find someone as good). I think Dan Quinn's lack of big game experience really showed and that was more to blame for the loss than the two that were fired. The person really to blame, Kyle Shanahan, is getting a promotion to head coach.

"I've paid double for every transgression I've ever made and that motel and that boat are little to ask for"
jb02157 is offline  
post #43 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 01:08 PM
Member
 
jb02157's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,267
Re: Tom brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
The Giants told the NFL they had found that two balls used by the Steelers on Dec. 4, 2016 were underinflated, but unlike in the Deflategate case against the Patriots, the league has been largely quiet in response.

The NFL Response.
“The officiating game ball procedures were followed and there were no chain of command issues. All footballs were in compliance and no formal complaint was filed by the Giants with our office.”
The Giants were proven to have notified the league. In fact the Giants violated the chain of custody rule by testing the balls.

The NFL conducted season long testing into football pressures. They were to perform random testing unannounced at random games. They refuse to release the results.

During an appearance Tuesday on NFL Network's "Rich Eisen Show," Goodell said the league implemented random “spot checks” of official game footballs in the wake of Deflategate to “create a deterrent effect,” and found no violations. Because none of the balls was red flagged, Goodell said, the league did not keep records of the PSI measurements taken and thus will not release the results of the tests.

Really Roger you ask for the information to be recorded and then do nothing with it. I think we all know why!
Yes siree bob

"I've paid double for every transgression I've ever made and that motel and that boat are little to ask for"
jb02157 is offline  
post #44 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 01:42 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 4,003
Re: Tom brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb02157 View Post
I definitely agree. It's interesting that the Falcons cleaned house today. They fired their defensive coordinator and defensive line coach. Neither move will remedy the problem (good luck trying to find someone as good). I think Dan Quinn's lack of big game experience really showed and that was more to blame for the loss than the two that were fired. The person really to blame, Kyle Shanahan, is getting a promotion to head coach.
Like the Defense was the problem. The defense played great! Doesn't matter, that is the kind of loss that sets franchises back years. Ruins careers.
sokillme is online now  
post #45 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 01:49 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 4,003
Re: Tom brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitnessfan View Post
The NFL's Biggest Cheaters - Your Team Cheats - The Definitive Guide to NFL Cheating

Love when people completely uneducated about who actually cheats in the NFL bash the Patriots. Ignorance!!
This is silly the Pats video recorded a SB practice. Sorry but that makes them the default biggest NFL cheaters for life. Besides "everyone else does it" is not an excuse for bad behavior. I don't know why you guys just don't have any balls (except deflated ones) and accept it. Look at the Raiders of the 70's, they took the moniker and ran with it. Quit whining you have won 5 SB and all you guys do is cry an cry that people think you are cheaters. Why do you care?
sokillme is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! VirgoChic88 General Relationship Discussion 21 01-30-2017 10:49 AM
Please help! I feel like I'm losing my marriage and I have no one to talk to LaceyW General Relationship Discussion 64 08-23-2016 01:46 AM
Anyone listen to Tom Leykis? Almost-Done The Men's Clubhouse 6 08-18-2016 04:29 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome