Originally Posted by DepressedHusband View Post
now if just knew how the game still worked, outside of marriage, tips, pointers ? and while I am on the topic, think it is OK to date a girl 20 yrs my junior, I am loking for a future wife who can still have children, and obviously, thats going to require a younger woman then myself, given my going over the hill recently.
Not quite sure how old you are but I'm guessing you are in your 40's and you are probably interested in dating someone in their 20's rather than 30's especially if you are wanting more children.
Personally, I would never have a relationship with someone who is 20 yrs older than myself for several reasons.
- What would we have in common? You have 20 yrs more life experience.
- After the initial lust and infatuation stages wear off after 2 or 3 years, once again what would you have in common with each other?
- You would have way more baggage such as kids, divorce, previous relationships, financial considerations etc than any 20 something year old could handle or would want to handle before it all becomes too hard and too boring.
- When you are 60 she will only be 40 and will not want to look after kids as well as an aging partner with perhaps medical issues.
- She will eventually leave you for someone closer to her own age.
I'm 50 and if I was dating now I wouldn't go out with a 60 year old. For me 10 yrs age difference is still too much.
When I was 26 or 27 I met a man who was around 45 yrs old. He was attractive, charming, educated had money, a good job, well travelled and very interesting to talk to and I thoroughly enjoyed his company. He took me to some lovely restaurants. Made me feel safe and secure in his company and didn't put any pressure on me to sleep with him. We never had sex or even kissed and he always greeted me with a hello or goodbye kiss on my cheek. He was much nicer to be with rather than men my own age who were basically d*cks. As much as I enjoyed his company I couldn't get past the age difference if the relationship was to become serious.
BTW I had 2 kids in my mid 30's and number 3 at 40 all natural pregnancies. Yes, it can be difficult for some women to conceive in their 30's but that can also be the case in their 20's and after 40 you may need some help. I have known women in their mid 40's who have naturally conceived their first baby at the age.