Abstinence After Marriage - Talk About Marriage
The Social Spot Talk About Whatever.

User Tag List

 19Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
EunuchMonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 566
Abstinence After Marriage

The article

Quote:
TOPEKA — Jon and Darla Crocker, who dutifully abstained from sex during their 14-month courtship, have remained abstinent after marriage and plan to do so indefinitely.

“If it was holy before, it must be double-holy afterwards,” Darla says.

They have now completed 25 months of marriage without any sexual contact, going about their normal lives, jobs and social calendar with no hint of relational strain.

Sometimes after dinner they will kiss in the kitchen and “start having bedroom thoughts,” Darla says, but they never fail to pull back. Darla breaks away to spray cool, misted water on her face. Jon eats a whole raw potato to take himself out of the mood.

They don’t know when they’ll finally break the pledge, and they feel no pressure. After abstaining so long before marriage, “a few extra years is nothing,” says Darla.

“Of course, we don’t lord it over any other couple who decides to have sex after marriage, but for us it’s about staying faithful to the abstinence message and the holiness involved with that,” says Jon who seems unbothered. “For us, true love waits, and waits, and waits.” •

Thought this would be good for a laugh.


Even if I don't get likes for it, I'm still going to say it.
EunuchMonk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 06:28 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,214
Re: Abstinence After Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EunuchMonk View Post
The article




Thought this would be good for a laugh.
These people are an example to us all on how to become better all round selfless humans,devoting themselves to keeping pure in the eyes of God.Not.
What a pair of absolute ****in supercilious ****s.I'd say she has a face that a dildo would need viagra for and the other ******* has a **** that wouldn't get hard if rigorous mortis set in.
Andy1001 is offline  
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 06:58 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 1,168
Re: Abstinence After Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EunuchMonk View Post
The article




Thought this would be good for a laugh.
Well being that God invented sex, and marriage is where we SHOULD have sex, I cant see how its holy NOT to have sex in marriage. In fact, God says that we should never deny our spouse sex because of the temptations that it brings.

They have a very skewed idea of what marriage is and of what is holy.
Diana7 is online now  
 
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 08:01 PM
Member
 
john117's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Midwest USA
Posts: 11,164
Re: Abstinence After Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EunuchMonk View Post
The article




Thought this would be good for a laugh.
Make it a baked Idaho potato with all the trimmings and BACON and maybe...
john117 is offline  
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 09:34 PM
Member
 
*Deidre*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Somewhere else...
Posts: 2,870
Re: Abstinence After Marriage

It's sad that they believe sex is a bad/dirty thing, so they need to not have it in order to appear ''holy.''

Sometimes, you fall in love with the most unexpected person, at the most unexpected time. ~ Unknown
*Deidre* is offline  
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 10:08 PM
Member
 
Thor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8,701
Re: Abstinence After Marriage

Even funnier that it was posted by a Eunuch Monk!
Thor is offline  
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
EunuchMonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 566
Re: Abstinence After Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
Even funnier that it was posted by a Eunuch Monk!

Even if I don't get likes for it, I'm still going to say it.
EunuchMonk is offline  
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 11:22 PM
Forum Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5,497
Re: Abstinence After Marriage

I hope they continue the exercise indefinitely. They don't need to reproduce.

Always remember the LD motto: "Sex isn't important!!!"
tech-novelist is offline  
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 11:32 PM
Forum Supporter
 
CynthiaDe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,256
Re: Abstinence After Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana7 View Post
Well being that God invented sex, and marriage is where we SHOULD have sex, I cant see how its holy NOT to have sex in marriage. In fact, God says that we should never deny our spouse sex because of the temptations that it brings.

They have a very skewed idea of what marriage is and of what is holy.
Sex is supposed to be good for marriage. I don't agree that God says we should never deny our spouse sex, but I do agree that under normal circumstances we are to be sexually available to our spouse and not deny them having their sexual needs met.

They are a couple of fools in my opinion. I also have a feeling that once they decide they want children they are going to have a lot of sexual problems due to this unhealthy repression of their sexuality.

For more on my marriage philosophies check out the marriage section of my website:
The Feminine Review

Standard Evidence Thread: http://talkaboutmarriage.com/coping-...ence-post.html
CynthiaDe is offline  
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 11:35 PM
Member
 
GusPolinski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 12,034
Re: Abstinence After Marriage

Geez.

Lark News is a satire news site, folks.




Virginia: "Why can't you kids leave well enough alone? Everything was fine until you started digging around."

Burt: "You sound like a Scooby Doo villain."
GusPolinski is offline  
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 11:36 PM
Forum Supporter
 
CynthiaDe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,256
Re: Abstinence After Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusPolinski View Post
Geez.

Lark News is a satire news site, folks.
hahah I totally fell for it. Now I feel silly. lol Thanks for the heads up, Gus.

For more on my marriage philosophies check out the marriage section of my website:
The Feminine Review

Standard Evidence Thread: http://talkaboutmarriage.com/coping-...ence-post.html
CynthiaDe is offline  
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 11:38 PM
Member
 
soccermom2three's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: California
Posts: 2,832
Re: Abstinence After Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusPolinski View Post
Geez.

Lark News is a satire news site, folks.

I knew it! I knew the story couldn't possibly be true.
soccermom2three is offline  
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 11:48 PM
Member
 
GusPolinski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 12,034
Re: Abstinence After Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermom2three View Post
I knew it! I knew the story couldn't possibly be true.
I remember reading a story about a married couple that had been married for a few years and hadn't yet had full-on vaginal intercourse.

Supposedly they both came from large families and it was more or less beat into them from a young age that sex was bad. One line that I remember was the husband mentioning that he felt like a total loser because "he couldn't score, not even with his own wife."

Eventually, and after months of therapy, they started having sex. As you might imagine, it was a huge turning point for them.

Anyway, I think I was about 14 when I read this in an issue of Reader's Digest. I thought it was strange, so I mentioned it to the guy that drove the school bus one day (he was actually a senior and had recently married himself) and he called BS on it, positing that any couple that hadn't had sex prior to marriage probably wouldn't wait until more than about two hours after marriage to seal the deal.

Virginia: "Why can't you kids leave well enough alone? Everything was fine until you started digging around."

Burt: "You sound like a Scooby Doo villain."
GusPolinski is offline  
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 03:47 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 1,168
Re: Abstinence After Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynthiaDe View Post
Sex is supposed to be good for marriage. I don't agree that God says we should never deny our spouse sex, but I do agree that under normal circumstances we are to be sexually available to our spouse and not deny them having their sexual needs met.

They are a couple of fools in my opinion. I also have a feeling that once they decide they want children they are going to have a lot of sexual problems due to this unhealthy repression of their sexuality.
1 cor 7 v 5
Do not deprive each other of sexual relations, unless you both agree to refrain from sexual intimacy for a limited time so you can give yourselves more completely to prayer. Afterward, you should come together again so that Satan won't be able to tempt you because of your lack of self-control.
Diana7 is online now  
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 11:15 AM
Forum Supporter
 
CynthiaDe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,256
Re: Abstinence After Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana7 View Post
Well being that God invented sex, and marriage is where we SHOULD have sex, I cant see how its holy NOT to have sex in marriage. In fact, God says that we should never deny our spouse sex because of the temptations that it brings.

They have a very skewed idea of what marriage is and of what is holy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana7 View Post
1 cor 7 v 5
Do not deprive each other of sexual relations, unless you both agree to refrain from sexual intimacy for a limited time so you can give yourselves more completely to prayer. Afterward, you should come together again so that Satan won't be able to tempt you because of your lack of self-control.
I know this verse by heart. It doesn't say that we "should never deny our spouse sex." We are off on a rabbit trail here and I'm not going to take this thread off topic. I mentioned this because I felt the need to clarify that what you said was not correct. I'm not going to type out a theological thesis explaining why I disagree with you. Suffice it to say that I disagree with your conclusion and believe that I have good reason to do so based on interpreting scripture with scripture.
Peace.

For more on my marriage philosophies check out the marriage section of my website:
The Feminine Review

Standard Evidence Thread: http://talkaboutmarriage.com/coping-...ence-post.html
CynthiaDe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Meaning of Marriage DosXXMan Long Term Success in Marriage 57 12-03-2016 06:49 AM
Is my marriage finished? There is something seriously wrong. marriagetalk General Relationship Discussion 34 06-17-2016 06:16 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome