Other forums.... - Page 2 - Talk About Marriage
The Social Spot Talk About Whatever.

User Tag List

 191Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #16 of 222 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 03:28 PM
Registered User
 
DepressedDiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: East coast
Posts: 19
Talking Re: Other forums....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nail View Post
In fact I've often thought this forum should be called Talk About Divorce.
lol So true

DepressedDiva is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 222 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 03:30 PM
Member
 
GusPolinski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 12,165
Re: Other forums....

Quote:
Originally Posted by threelittlestars View Post
So I am a former Banned member of SI, and i am a member of LS.

The moderation at SI is very quick to ban and am one of those QUICKLY banned members.

I have noticed the moderation here is fairly lax. They seem to prefer virtual spankings for the most part, preferable to banning. There is also very little of Moderator editing of posts on this forum. Sometimes inflammatory posts are deleted, it seems but not post modification. I like this.

So I rarely if EVER post at Loveshack, LS...but today i felt i needed to. There was a woman over there, A BS and she was practically holding her husbands hand through his affair, bending over backwards nice'ing him back thinking he would wake up at some point. I felt compelled to post... when i did i noticed it did not post right away and moderation was needed before approval. So i wait about an hour and find when it was posted there was heavy editing. I was not mean or harsh in those parts that were deleted! I was actually a little harsh in another part that was allowed to post. Anyway, Im not mad, but i am confused....to heavily edit peoples advice and opinions I feel is a disservice to the OP.

what do you all think? do any of you post at LS?
Nope.

I *think* I'm registered on both sites, but I've not posted on either in some time (and I don't think I've posted on LS at all).

SI and LS are both garbage.

Virginia: "Why can't you kids leave well enough alone? Everything was fine until you started digging around."

Burt: "You sound like a Scooby Doo villain."
GusPolinski is offline  
post #18 of 222 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 03:33 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 6,304
Re: Other forums....

If you attack the OP, expect to be banned, at any site. A person is much more likely to be banned because of an emotional post, rather than a thoughtful posting.

These sites exist to help the OP, and unfortunately to provide entertainment for some readers. Each site has its own guidelines. Follow them or be banned.

I have had the mods delete many of the my posts, and nearly every one deserved to be deleted.
225985 is offline  
 
post #19 of 222 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 03:34 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,388
Re: Other forums....

When they edited your post did they just delete part of it and comment that it was edited, or did they literally change your words? If they changed anything you wrote and made it appear that you'd said something different than you did, that seems way over the line to me.

I've not been banned or had my posts changed anywhere before (that I know of) so I don't know what it's like. It seems crazy that they'd edit a post where you're trying to help some woman wake up on a public forum. Are they afraid you hurt her feelings? Unless you actually attacked her, if she's that sensitive why is she posting on a public forum. It sounds weird to me. I've never been to either of those forums.
WorkingWife is offline  
post #20 of 222 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 649
Re: Other forums....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingWife View Post
When they edited your post did they just delete part of it and comment that it was edited, or did they literally change your words? If they changed anything you wrote and made it appear that you'd said something different than you did, that seems way over the line to me.

I've not been banned or had my posts changed anywhere before (that I know of) so I don't know what it's like. It seems crazy that they'd edit a post where you're trying to help some woman wake up on a public forum. Are they afraid you hurt her feelings? Unless you actually attacked her, if she's that sensitive why is she posting on a public forum. It sounds weird to me. I've never been to either of those forums.
They deleted an entire paragraph that was gentile, but left the harsher paragraph, not attack, just harsh observation. I think they modified two sentences, but since i did not make a hard copy of the original I am not 100% sure. I just know my original first paragraph was deleted. So it kinda deleted my first statements...which is strange.
threelittlestars is offline  
post #21 of 222 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 06:19 PM
Member
 
EllaSuaveterre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 517
Re: Other forums....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeswecan View Post
LS and SI banned me in a milisecond. I did absolutely nothing wrong. In just on post SI banned me. Just 2 posts at LS. Both provided no reason.
It was the same for me.

EllaSuaveterre is offline  
post #22 of 222 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 06:51 PM
Moderator
 
MattMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: England
Posts: 19,215
Re: Other forums....

Quote:
Originally Posted by threelittlestars View Post
So I am a former Banned member of SI, and i am a member of LS.

The moderation at SI is very quick to ban and am one of those QUICKLY banned members.

I have noticed the moderation here is fairly lax. They seem to prefer virtual spankings for the most part, preferable to banning. There is also very little of Moderator editing of posts on this forum. Sometimes inflammatory posts are deleted, it seems but not post modification. I like this.

So I rarely if EVER post at Loveshack, LS...but today i felt i needed to. There was a woman over there, A BS and she was practically holding her husbands hand through his affair, bending over backwards nice'ing him back thinking he would wake up at some point. I felt compelled to post... when i did i noticed it did not post right away and moderation was needed before approval. So i wait about an hour and find when it was posted there was heavy editing. I was not mean or harsh in those parts that were deleted! I was actually a little harsh in another part that was allowed to post. Anyway, Im not mad, but i am confused....to heavily edit peoples advice and opinions I feel is a disservice to the OP.

what do you all think? do any of you post at LS?
Oh, I wouldn't have said it was lax. It's intelligent, collegiate, thoughtful, humane, caring, gentle, proportionate --- and then the ban hammer drops!


http://mygeneralblog1.blogspot.co.uk
http://mygeneralblog1.blogspot.co.uk...-cheaters.html (Be afraid UK cheaters! CheaterVille has come to the UK!
MattMatt is offline  
post #23 of 222 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 07:12 PM
Forum Supporter
 
SunCMars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: North Coast Nationalist-burg, U.S.A.
Posts: 2,620
Re: Other forums....

They incinerated my Sock Puppet.

Normally, when you burn something you will see some smoke, before, during and after the firing.

No smoke after they banned me. A flash of light........I was gone.

This....This is the nub of the stick that pokes me in the eye when the light of day energizes my optic nerve....SunCMars.... The Allegory of the Cave--> On this, I did a '180' and stepped out.

The Lion in Winter. Invictus..By Will, Shall... Saved from harm by my friends.
SunCMars is offline  
post #24 of 222 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 12:29 AM
Registered User
 
arobk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: SoCal
Posts: 6
Re: Other forums....

I mostly lurk on all three forums. I think this forum can be the most harsh in terms of the responses. I have seen OPs run from here and end up doing what posters here tried to tell them to start with. I think it's a good thing there are other forums for people to turn to when they can't take the hard truth this place offers initially. Some people take a while to get to the truth and need a softer path to get to it.
arobk is offline  
post #25 of 222 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 01:11 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,183
Re: Other forums....

Hahaha. I'm sitting here, as we speak, flipping between this site and LS. I post here. I mostly just read there. The fact that I post about 95% to this site tells you what I think about it! The stats are actually 1,167 posts (TAM) to 54 posts (LS). Enough said!

marksaysay is offline  
post #26 of 222 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 01:29 AM
Moderator
 
EleGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 33,011
Re: Other forums....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb02157 View Post
If you have asked me any other time than now I would have said something completely different. I was attacked in a different thread here and I was merely trying to defend myself and my posts were deleted.
If I recall correctly, your posts were deleted along with the ones you responded to. The reason they were deleted was that it was a thread jack. The thread was not about you. It was created by someone who was looking for help.

Last edited by EleGirl; 04-06-2017 at 07:06 PM.
EleGirl is offline  
post #27 of 222 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 01:31 AM
Moderator
 
EleGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 33,011
Re: Other forums....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunCMars View Post
They incinerated my Sock Puppet.

Normally, when you burn something you will see some smoke, before, during and after the firing.

No smoke after they banned me. A flash of light........I was gone.
You are lucky. Usually when someone creates a sock puppet both the puppet and the puppeteer are perma banned.

Last edited by EleGirl; 04-06-2017 at 07:07 PM.
EleGirl is offline  
post #28 of 222 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 01:43 AM
Forum Supporter
 
arbitrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Central Texas/Brazos Valley
Posts: 11,515
Cool Re: Other forums....

I really have only enough intelligence for our TAM community, as I am a loyal TAM purist; but I have found that I have no real difficult task at hand in getting myself, although quite rarely, banned from here just fine, and mostly for justifiable reasons!

"To love another person is to see the face of God!" - Jean Valjean from Les Miserables

My Story! http://talkaboutmarriage.com/going-t...andonment.html
arbitrator is offline  
post #29 of 222 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 02:05 AM
Member
 
DayOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,485
Re: Other forums....

Quote:
Originally Posted by threelittlestars View Post
They seem to prefer virtual spankings for the most part...
Nah, that's Fetlife.com


DayOne is online now  
post #30 of 222 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 08:13 AM
Forum Supporter
 
SunCMars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: North Coast Nationalist-burg, U.S.A.
Posts: 2,620
Re: Other forums....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EleGirl View Post
You are lucky. Usually when someone creates a sock puppet but the puppet and the puppeteer are perma banned.
Yes, I begrudgingly concur. As Pride looms Large, I could never bend at the waist; still and all, my old head doth nod.

Red Dog thanks you........from the world after ours. Not of note but quiddity; dogs love unconditionally.

No punishment? Forget not, Dear.......I still speak and write with a lissssp. And at your hands!

Perma-Banned? Oh, ho! You would have gotten three heads with one poke.......of the delete button.

SCM, UH, RD

The furor this would have caused in places unseen! No small ripple through the fabric of the Universe.....THIS.

A righteous blow from a small right hand.

I can never be banished, for I am not here.

For, IT IS; my feet are bare, I stand in soil, in a place where dreams go to enliven.

A mere Lady in a black robe cannot off my head, can only off my caught word.

Now, Red Dog......he cannot make that claim, he was sliced to bits by forces, yet unmentioned.

And yes, I am lucky. I have lived with full gravity: that which holds my feet to the Earth and the surplus that has attuned my mind to "more so" of what ALL IS.

The gauntlet was thrown by Ulysses, thousands of years ago. Do not pull your head back and tilt it aside. Do not haughtily sneer. The trail of now-cold doubters is a lot longer than my lopped-off tongue [at your hands] and my sharp witted old mind.

This....This is the nub of the stick that pokes me in the eye when the light of day energizes my optic nerve....SunCMars.... The Allegory of the Cave--> On this, I did a '180' and stepped out.

The Lion in Winter. Invictus..By Will, Shall... Saved from harm by my friends.
SunCMars is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
An Important Message about Anonymity on Public Forums like TalkAboutMarriage.com EleGirl General Relationship Discussion 0 02-22-2017 11:18 AM
Wife had an affair, positive comments only, please hurtingtechguy Coping with Infidelity 145 10-31-2016 09:04 AM
what is UP with forums like SI? metallicaluvr Coping with Infidelity 609 06-20-2016 05:47 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome