just wondering why i got banned...... - Talk About Marriage
Suggestion Box Got any suggestions or ideas that might improve this website?

User Tag List

 13Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2014, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 7
just wondering why i got banned......

Hello TAM family, up to 2 day's ago I was also a TAM member (nick: jack.c.), but when i logged in I found this message instead:

You have been banned for the following reason:
Rude & Insulting Comments

Date the ban will be lifted: 06-10-2014, 02:00 PM


I was like..... WOW!
So I decided to write a pm at the forum administrator asking which thread or post i was insulting at.... but til now i got only a 180 on me!

The reason why i am writing down this thread is because i hate it when people dont give you a possibility to explane or apologize when you are accused of something that you don't know about or simply because you are not aware of.....
For sure i know that i never said things like this:

Don't lump me up with everyone else you jerk!

like i have seen on one of the threads on here, or even worst words in other threads...
So.... i was wondering if the real reason is because just a couple of days ago (what a coincidence) someone was thinking of leaving TAM because there are to many new members that don't advise much on R. but prefer to D. and are a bit to much negative for the BS in general....
Anyway, like i said, i don't like to be kicked out without an explanation so if kindly someone would en-light me i will be glad to move on.
Open to all type's of comments for who care's.

jack

jackwithoutc. is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2014, 09:57 AM
Member
 
Jellybeans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 20,606
Re: just wondering why i got banned......

Well it says you got banned for rude and insulting comments so I am going to go with the fact that you made a rude/insulting comment?

What did you say?
Jellybeans is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2014, 10:02 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,716
Re: just wondering why i got banned......

maybe this thread should be in the forum suggestions section instead of posting it in the general relationship section.

Accept your ban and hopefully you won't get a permanent ban for returning under a new account.
ScarletBegonias is offline  
 
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2014, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 7
Re: just wondering why i got banned......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybeans View Post
Well it says you got banned for rude and insulting comments so I am going to go with the fact that you made a rude/insulting comment?

What did you say?


Thats the point! I don't remember saying something to be banned... at least not something like what i have been reading on other threads (see above)
Maybe the only reason could be that i said "rubber" instead of "condom" or "protection" ??
English has become my second language.... so probably my fault. But like i said WOULDN'T IT BE BETTER IF WE GET WARNED BEFORE GETTING BANNED?

any thoughts?
jackwithoutc. is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2014, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 7
Re: just wondering why i got banned......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletBegonias View Post
maybe this thread should be in the forum suggestions section instead of posting it in the general relationship section.

Accept your ban and hopefully you won't get a permanent ban for returning under a new account.

My mistake, i didn't have a clue where to post!
As for the permanent ban i guess it tells it all......
jackwithoutc. is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2014, 10:05 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 934
Re: just wondering why i got banned......

Could it have been a mistake?? If you never said anything rude...
Omego is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2014, 10:13 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,074
Re: just wondering why i got banned......

Possibly this?

Quote:
Pm me when you decide to get your balls back. If and when that happens, come visit me in italy and i'll be glad to make you meet some fantastic italian women ...... They sure know how find your @@ since you cant yet....
TiggyBlue is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2014, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 7
Re: just wondering why i got banned......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggyBlue View Post
Possibly this?

could be! thank you TiggyBlue! At least a got an answer.
Although i did'nt call him a jerk or worst.... and also many here had told that person the same thing, or even worst.

ok.... got it and i apologize with whom was offended.

It was nice to have meet some of you.

Good life and happiness to everyone!

jack
jackwithoutc. is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2014, 10:26 AM
Member
 
manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,366
Re: just wondering why i got banned......

that could be, but I have read many comments like this one trying to insite the user to leave their WS with that kind of reamrk and thay have not been banned.

as other users said, let's hope they don't put a perma ban on you. because you are honestly unaware of why were you banned and you are looking for an explanation.

One of the reasons I probably screw all my relationships in my 20's http://talkaboutmarriage.com/coping-...stay-kids.html
manticore is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2014, 10:33 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: washington DC
Posts: 1,321
Re: just wondering why i got banned......

Jack.c:
interesting experience you've had.
if I was to start a similar thread it would be titled:
"just wondering why I have never been banned"

nuclearnightmare is offline  
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2014, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 7
Re: just wondering why i got banned......

Quote:
Originally Posted by manticore View Post
that could be, but I have read many comments like this one trying to insite the user to leave their WS with that kind of reamrk and thay have not been banned.

as other users said, let's hope they don't put a perma ban on you. because you are honestly unaware of why were you banned and you are looking for an explanation.

exactly!
I am objective about myself, and probably I should not write that in public forum. With that person we wrote a versatile amount of pm's, so I thought it was'nt insulting him, but i did not think of others reading!
Anyway i think that before any type of BAN there should be a warning or something similar....
i just hope that with me they did'nt use 1 weight and 2 diffrent measurements.
No problem with the permanent ban, what i counted on was a reason, now that i got it they can do what they wish.

I WILL MOVE ON
jackwithoutc. is offline  
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2014, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 7
Re: just wondering why i got banned......

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearnightmare View Post
Jack.c:
interesting experience you've had.
if I was to start a similar thread it would be titled:
"just wondering why I have never been banned"




Just dont write that the BS dont have balls!!!
jackwithoutc. is offline  
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2014, 11:29 AM
Member
 
VermisciousKnid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New England
Posts: 1,984
just wondering why i got banned......

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwithoutc. View Post
Thats the point! I don't remember saying something to be banned... at least not something like what i have been reading on other threads (see above)
Maybe the only reason could be that i said "rubber" instead of "condom" or "protection" ??
English has become my second language.... so probably my fault. But like i said WOULDN'T IT BE BETTER IF WE GET WARNED BEFORE GETTING BANNED?

any thoughts?
For starters, don't go by what you have seen other people get away with. The moderators don't read every thread, so what you see in places could be ban worthy, but escapes scrutiny because it isn't reported to the mods.

Secondly, read the code of conduct if you haven't already.

Finally, a temporary ban is a warning of sorts. The mods have enough to do without adding a new moderation task of warning people who are close to violating the code of conduct.
VermisciousKnid is online now  
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2014, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 7
Re: just wondering why i got banned......

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermisciousKnid View Post
For starters, don't go by what you have seen other people get away with. The moderators don't read every thread, so what you see in places could be ban worthy, but escapes scrutiny because it isn't reported to the mods.

Secondly, read the code of conduct if you haven't already.

Finally, a temporary ban is a warning of sorts. The mods have enough to do without adding a new moderation task of warning people who are close to violating the code of conduct.

Yes.
I'm ok with part 1
I'm ok with part 2
I'm a bit not ok with the last part....
If they take time to ban, what will be the difference to use the same time to warn before? A member can have the time to put down the post and apologize and then get banned if that is the case.
Dont know.... maybe it's me. But just like when a person goes for D. i think you need closure first.
jackwithoutc. is offline  
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2014, 11:53 AM
Member
 
WorkingOnMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Washington State
Posts: 5,943
Re: just wondering why i got banned......

How many posts did your other handle have? I've found that the mods are much less patient with people who are brand new and start stirring stuff up as soon as they join. That doesn't mean that long time posters get a free pass. Not at all. I've been banned for stepping over the line. But new posters doing the same thing makes it look like they came here just to stir things up.
WorkingOnMe is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome