Does the site feel slow and buggy? - Page 2 - Talk About Marriage
Technical Difficulties? If you are having problems using the site, this is the place to post.

User Tag List

 5Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 04:50 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,105
Re: Does the site feel slow and buggy?

I find the site unusable without addblock. I'm happy for TAM to get advertising money but if they put up so many invasive adds that the site is unusable, people are going to block.

If there is a completely anonymous way to pay for using the site, I'd be happy to pay. That would basically mean mailing physical cash.

uhtred is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 04:55 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,456
Re: Does the site feel slow and buggy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhtred View Post
I find the site unusable without addblock. I'm happy for TAM to get advertising money but if they put up so many invasive adds that the site is unusable, people are going to block.

If there is a completely anonymous way to pay for using the site, I'd be happy to pay. That would basically mean mailing physical cash.
Why do you think paying for your membership will fix the problem?
browser is offline  
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 07:09 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,105
Re: Does the site feel slow and buggy?

I thought they might have an add-free option if you pay.


Quote:
Originally Posted by browser View Post
Why do you think paying for your membership will fix the problem?
uhtred is offline  
 
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 07:25 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,456
Re: Does the site feel slow and buggy?

I did a search and all I came up with was an unverified response by a non-paying member that said "less ads" and a "larger mailbox". so who knows. I did see the question asked several times but there were no answers forthcoming.
browser is offline  
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 02:16 PM
Member
 
tropicalbeachiwish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: La La Land
Posts: 1,533
Re: Does the site feel slow and buggy?

Today, the site has been awful for me. I think it's a video ad that's doing it. I can't tell you how many times I want to post on a thread but am unable to. Tapatalk works with no problems but I don't like the format as much. And, I can't figure out how to multi quote on Tapatalk.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

"Life always offers you a second chance. It's called tomorrow."
tropicalbeachiwish is offline  
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 41
Re: Does the site feel slow and buggy?

Thank you, BadSanta. That seemed to improve things a lot.
dedad is offline  
post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 08:45 AM
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 558
Re: Does the site feel slow and buggy?

If you are getting video ads on the site, they shouldn't be there. To block them effectively, I need the link to the ad that you are getting (right click, copy link address). A screenshot might be helpful too, but link is the bigger fish.

These kind of over aggressive ads are finding their way onto the site by piggy-backing on top of our traditional ads. They should be getting filtered out, and the ad team is trying to figure out why they are getting past.

If you can't get the link, might need you to right click and copy page source, but that will give a lot more data then we need to block this.

Kevin
Yungster is offline  
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 12:58 AM
Moderator
 
EleGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 31,655
Re: Does the site feel slow and buggy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yungster View Post
If you are getting video ads on the site, they shouldn't be there. To block them effectively, I need the link to the ad that you are getting (right click, copy link address). A screenshot might be helpful too, but link is the bigger fish.

These kind of over aggressive ads are finding their way onto the site by piggy-backing on top of our traditional ads. They should be getting filtered out, and the ad team is trying to figure out why they are getting past.

If you can't get the link, might need you to right click and copy page source, but that will give a lot more data then we need to block this.

Kevin
TAM is not supposed to have video ads? It's had ads that are in video format for months now. They cause a lot of problems.
EleGirl is online now  
post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 01:00 AM
Moderator
 
EleGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 31,655
Re: Does the site feel slow and buggy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalbeachiwish View Post
Today, the site has been awful for me. I think it's a video ad that's doing it. I can't tell you how many times I want to post on a thread but am unable to. Tapatalk works with no problems but I don't like the format as much. And, I can't figure out how to multi quote on Tapatalk.

@tropicalbeachiwish

What I've been doing is to write my posts in MS Word. Then I copy/past them into the TAM post. Otherwise I usually cannot post anything because the video ads keep locking up my browser.
EleGirl is online now  
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 04:36 AM
Member
 
eric1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 817
Re: Does the site feel slow and buggy?

It's probably both the ad providers and how the webserver is configured (i.e. PHP caching etc)


----
eric1 is offline  
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 09:52 AM
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 558
Re: Does the site feel slow and buggy?

Sorry, Autoplaying Videos with sound are not allowed. The small ones that sometimes show in the sidebar with no sound, they are allowed in. Was speaking too broadly before.

If the ads are freezing up your computer, you might be able to grab the url if you go through your browser history. Should show up there. If not, a screenshot might be enough to track down the offending ad

Kevin
Yungster is offline  
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 02:06 PM
Moderator
 
EleGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 31,655
Re: Does the site feel slow and buggy?

Even video ads that have no voice/audio will freeze up the web browser.

I hope that other members start posting screen shots of the ads that are causing them problems.
EleGirl is online now  
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 02:07 PM
Moderator
 
EleGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 31,655
Re: Does the site feel slow and buggy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric1 View Post
It's probably both the ad providers and how the webserver is configured (i.e. PHP caching etc)
Something needs to be fixed. This is the only site that is causing this type of problem for me. And it's been going on for a long time now.
EleGirl is online now  
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 02:09 PM
Moderator
 
farsidejunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 7,365
Re: Does the site feel slow and buggy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EleGirl View Post
Something needs to be fixed. This is the only site that is causing this type of problem for me. And it's been going on for a long time now.
QFT.

"Our ability to feel joy is directly related to how much pain we are willing to feel." - Mavash.

"The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for." - Bob Marley
farsidejunky is offline  
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 08:03 AM
Member
 
eric1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 817
Re: Does the site feel slow and buggy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yungster View Post
Sorry, Autoplaying Videos with sound are not allowed. The small ones that sometimes show in the sidebar with no sound, they are allowed in. Was speaking too broadly before.



If the ads are freezing up your computer, you might be able to grab the url if you go through your browser history. Should show up there. If not, a screenshot might be enough to track down the offending ad



Kevin


Kevin,

It is not the actual ads. It's either a web server configuration issue or an issue with how the web server interacts with the ad provider.

I know forum software very very very well. There is a problem somewhere.

Happy to help if you need

----
eric1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome