Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Is this cheating?

14K views 38 replies 32 participants last post by  Cynthia 
#1 ·
My wife & I have been married for 6 years with 1 son, and she recently said she wanted to trial a separation to try and fix things so we can continue on happier than ever. That was 1 week ago.

Within this 1 week, she has already had a full sexual relationship (ie not a one night stand - she has stayed at his place multiple nights, he's been to our house while I was away a couple of days ago, they chat all the time, etc - they're basically "dating"). They are new friends, and I am giving her the benefit of the doubt that sex started only this week, but I don't see how it can go so far so quickly.

I found this out yesterday when I checked her phone after some lies were told to me (I know I know... I've never looked at her phone before and I feel bad for doing so) and I wanted confirmation of what is happening.

I confronted her yesterday, and she feels that because we had just separated, she has done nothing wrong.

I disagree completely, however I'm trying to understand.

Is this cheating?

We have not yet discussed schedules for our son, or boundaries of the separation, or anything like that at all.

See less See more
#32 ·
You need to man up real quick. Read "no more mr. nice guy" and "hold on to your nuts" ASAP.

1) Someone doesn't ask to be separated from the thing they want to fix. What kind of thinking is this?
2) Someone who has sex with someone as soon as that separation starts got what they originally wanted

She doesnt want to fix things with you, she wants to have sex with other people (or this dude in particular)

Once she is done she can /end the separation and come home to a loving husband. Hopefully by then you are locking the door on her

#36 ·
So she asks for a trial separation to " try and fix things so we can continue on happier than ever." and one week later, she has slept with another man (more than once even) and trying to convince you it ain't cheating?

Looks like she just couldn't wait to have more time with whichever guy she was already cheating on you with.

And of course, she knows it's cheating, she just must think so low of you to even think of telling you it's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.