My soon to be ex is checking me out on fb - Page 2 - Talk About Marriage
General Relationship Discussion Although anyone can post anywhere on Talk About Marriage, this section is for people interested in general relationship and marriage advice.

User Tag List

 21Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 10:06 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,738
Re: My soon to be ex is checking me out on fb

Who knows what he's keeping tabs on you. But don't take to mean he's somehow changed and would now be a good husband and father.

Openminded is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by She'sStillGotIt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by anna88 View Post
He is not divorcing his kids...
Sure he is. He's already moved on with someone else and you said yourself that you wish he still cared for you AND your kids. That statement right there says it all about Father of the Year.

I know this is true, but it still hurts. The road to recovery is long and painful.
anna88 is offline  
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 10:16 AM
Member
 
Yeswecan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,993
Re: My soon to be ex is checking me out on fb

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna88 View Post
I don't know if you remember me and my story. I have been married for 10 years, 2 kids, he was abusive, I got a restraining order against him. Now we are in the middle of a nasty divorce. He already moved on and has another relationship. He doesn't care about the kids, he rarely comes to see them. He blames me for the failure of the marriage. Lately I realised he is using my mother's fb account to check me up. I noticed this because my mum is never on fb and she has a very easy password. Someone used my mother's account to see my stories. It can only be my ex. Why does he do it? Does he still care? Or is just pure curiosity? I am wondering and a part of me wishes he still cared for me and the kids...
Maybe a good time to shut down FB. Re-open it when the D is complete. Make it private at that point. In the meantime, call your mom instead. Or maybe make an Instagram account to share pics with your mom.

“You're painfully alive in a drugged and dying culture.”
― Richard Yates, Revolutionary Road
Yeswecan is offline  
 
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 12:09 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: thinking outside the box, its quiet here
Posts: 922
Re: My soon to be ex is checking me out on fb

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna88 View Post
I don't know if you remember me and my story. I have been married for 10 years, 2 kids, he was abusive, I got a restraining order against him. Now we are in the middle of a nasty divorce. He already moved on and has another relationship. He doesn't care about the kids, he rarely comes to see them. He blames me for the failure of the marriage. Lately I realised he is using my mother's fb account to check me up. I noticed this because my mum is never on fb and she has a very easy password. Someone used my mother's account to see my stories. It can only be my ex. Why does he do it? Does he still care? Or is just pure curiosity? I am wondering and a part of me wishes he still cared for me and the kids...
I would suggest you close all of your social media
accounts. No online activity until past your divorce.
In your post you said he was abusive, and you got a
restraining order against him. He blames you for the
marriage failure also. He could be stalking you online.
Trying to figure out where you are going, with who or
anything else he can. Keep the restraining order in place!!

If your kids go to school make sure he cannot pick them up
without your permission. He may already have another relationship,
but he may ( I hope I am wrong!! ) be the type that just will not let it go.
Nasty divorce and all.

I do not mean to alarm you but better to be safe when dealing with this
type of individual. The kids will grow up and understand who has always
been there for them. (YOU ) They always do.

Take care

Never place anyone on a pedestal it hurts more when they fall off
sa58 is offline  
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 12:32 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,854
Re: My soon to be ex is checking me out on fb

Quote:
Originally Posted by She'sStillGotIt View Post
You can't track when someone "LOOKS" at your stories or pictures.
From what I've read, you can know who viewed your stories on facebook. You can see how many times they were viewed and who viewed them. That's different from pictures, videos, and status updates which you don't know anything unless someone interacts with it in some way, such as with a like or comment.

I believe Instagram also works the same way. You can see how many times and who viewed your stories, but you don't know who's just viewing the content in the feed.

But I'm just going off what I've read. I haven't actually created a story and seen what stats are reported.
wilson is offline  
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 12:36 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Dixieland
Posts: 58
Re: My soon to be ex is checking me out on fb

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson View Post
From what I've read, you can know who viewed your stories on facebook. You can see how many times they were viewed and who viewed them. That's different from pictures, videos, and status updates which you don't know anything unless someone interacts with it in some way, such as with a like or comment.



I believe Instagram also works the same way. You can see how many times and who viewed your stories, but you don't know who's just viewing the content in the feed.



But I'm just going off what I've read. I haven't actually created a story and seen what stats are reported.


This is correct.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EmeryB is offline  
post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by She'sStillGotIt View Post
You can't track when someone "LOOKS" at your stories or pictures.
From what I've read, you can know who viewed your stories on facebook. You can see how many times they were viewed and who viewed them. That's different from pictures, videos, and status updates which you don't know anything unless someone interacts with it in some way, such as with a like or comment.

I believe Instagram also works the same way. You can see how many times and who viewed your stories, but you don't know who's just viewing the content in the feed.

But I'm just going off what I've read. I haven't actually created a story and seen what stats are reported.

Yes, on Facebook you can see who viewed your story. This how I found out. " My mother" viewed every one of my stories.
anna88 is offline  
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 12:48 PM
Member
 
The Outlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: The Southern States
Posts: 242
Re: My soon to be ex is checking me out on fb

It isn't uncommon for an anyone's ex to snoop through their FB page. If you're absolutely convinced it's him, you can change your profile settings and block his view of your newsfeed without blocking your mother's account. But if he's blaming you for the marriage failure, you can bet it the reason he's still snooping around isn't good. What you post on social media can be used against you in any capacity.
The Outlaw is offline  
post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 01:30 PM
Forum Supporter
 
lucy999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Satan's Armpit
Posts: 3,766
Re: My soon to be ex is checking me out on fb

Easy. Have your mom change her password. Immediately.

Is that your plan?
lucy999 is offline  
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 02:23 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,799
Re: My soon to be ex is checking me out on fb

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson View Post
From what I've read, you can know who viewed your stories on facebook. You can see how many times they were viewed and who viewed them. That's different from pictures, videos, and status updates which you don't know anything unless someone interacts with it in some way, such as with a like or comment.

I believe Instagram also works the same way. You can see how many times and who viewed your stories, but you don't know who's just viewing the content in the feed.

But I'm just going off what I've read. I haven't actually created a story and seen what stats are reported.
Can YOU see who has viewed your Facebook Wall, albums and other elements of your account?

If yes, could tell us the keystrokes as to where to find that info on our accounts?


Last edited by NextTimeAround; 09-24-2019 at 02:28 PM.
NextTimeAround is online now  
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 02:32 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,854
Re: My soon to be ex is checking me out on fb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextTimeAround View Post
Can YOU see who has viewed your Facebook Wall, albums and other elements of your account?

If yes, could tell us the keystrokes as to where to find that info on our accounts?
I don't believe that it is possible to see who viewed the other parts of your account. As far as I know, facebook stories are the only things where facebook lets you know who viewed them.
wilson is offline  
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 02:34 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,799
Re: My soon to be ex is checking me out on fb

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson View Post
I don't believe that it is possible to see who viewed the other parts of your account. As far as I know, facebook stories are the only things where facebook lets you know who viewed them.
What is "facebook stories?"

I don't see how anyone can view one's photo albums without going into a person's account that they have made public or available to that account's "freinds."
NextTimeAround is online now  
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 02:46 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,854
Re: My soon to be ex is checking me out on fb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextTimeAround View Post
What is "facebook stories?"

I don't see how anyone can view one's photo albums without going into a person's account that they have made public or available to that account's "freinds."
"Facebook stories" are a new feature that they added a few months ago. They are similar to Instagram stories. A story is a special kind of content that only lasts 24 hours and then goes away. When I log into facebook on the computer, the first thing in my newsfeed below the "Create Post" section is something called "Stories". In that section I can create my own story and I can see the stories that my friends have posted. Clicking on one of my friends stories would open it up and let me see the video or picture that they put into the story. That would also update the stats on their end and they would know that I watched the story.

Other things like photo albums, status updates, profile page, don't have the tracking. You can view them without the owner knowing you viewed them.

Let that be a warning to everyone. If you are cyber-stalking someone, don't click on their story!
wilson is offline  
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 02:49 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,799
Re: My soon to be ex is checking me out on fb

Thanks @wilson for your clarification.

It's not cyberstalking if you don't contact them. All the information made available is by choice by that person.
NextTimeAround is online now  
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by NextTimeAround View Post
Thanks @wilson for your clarification.

It's not cyberstalking if you don't contact them. All the information made available is by choice by that person.

I shared my stories with my friends and family, including my mother. I didn't know he was able to break into her account. I changed the password together with my mother and logged her off all devices. I am not confortable knowing my ex is viewing what I post. I don't know anything about his life, so why should he know my life?
anna88 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome