3 years of marriage - so many red flags - Page 2 - Talk About Marriage
General Relationship Discussion Although anyone can post anywhere on Talk About Marriage, this section is for people interested in general relationship and marriage advice.

User Tag List

 20Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-02-2020, 02:45 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 20
Re: 3 years of marriage - so many red flags

just going to throw my useless two sense in.

The no therapy thing, he could just not want to pay for it. It can be expensive and if he's the sole bread winner, thats reason enough for me.

The 5 minute problem, likely just from built up pressure. Like a stair master, you cant just hop on it every few weeks with same performance.

trying to get you to drink, may just be him trying to score

the friends thing i cant help with, i dont have any. 4 kids will get them to quit calling real quick

terrycjr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-02-2020, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana7 View Post
Did you live with him first? if so why did you marry him? Did you mean the promises that you made or not?

I have experience of people who have said things that made their spouse look bad by exaggerating and twisting things, so I dont always trust what people say who are really looking for a way out of their marriage and wanting people to agree with them.

It appears that its you who has stopped the sex not him, that's your choice but it will damage the marriage a lot. What do you mean by him trying to make you have alcohol? That's could mean different things from merely offering you a drink to forcing alcohol down your throat.
Diana, I don't need to convince you of anything but no, it wasn't me who didn't want sex. I tried so many times to fix this and he just don't wanna try new things, he doesn't go down on me, he ejaculates within 5 minutes, he doesn't even finger me even though I told him I like it.
Nina0 is offline  
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-02-2020, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by EleGirl View Post
How long until you complete your degree?
3 years, I've completed 2.
Nina0 is offline  
 
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-02-2020, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 17
And guys, our sex life wasn't great at the beginning. When we started dating he was my second guy. I had sex with a guy before him for like two times. Then I started dating him. I communicate things I like in bed. I tried once to masturbate myself while having sex otherwise I don't reach orgasm, and he made me stop who knows why. I had a vibrator once and he said he didn't want me to use it because it would ruin my sensitivity, which is not true. Oh gosh it sucks! I'm so mad I let this go for so far!
Nina0 is offline  
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-02-2020, 04:07 PM
Forum Supporter
 
Affaircare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 5,223
Re: 3 years of marriage - so many red flags

@Nina0,

I'm not sure what you need us for. It sounds to me like you have your mind made up. So if your mind is made up...proceed.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My definition of infidelity is not "How far can I go before I cross the line?" My definition of infidelity is "giving anything less than 100% of your affection, loyalty, and companionship to your spouse."
RESOURCES:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
*
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
*
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Affaircare is offline  
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-02-2020, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Affaircare View Post
@Nina0,

I'm not sure what you need us for. It sounds to me like you have your mind made up. So if your mind is made up...proceed.
Because deciding on a divorce is not easy and maybe someone here was going through the same situation and found a solution.
Nina0 is offline  
post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-02-2020, 04:47 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 10,639
Re: 3 years of marriage - so many red flags

Don't waste your life. And whatever you do don't have kids until you are sure you want to stay. Maybe you just are not as compatible as you thought. You guys need to have a serious talk about it.
sokillme is offline  
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-02-2020, 04:58 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 42
It never ceases to amaze me the amount of people that marry when they aren't compatible. You had a compatibility issue right from the get go - the sex has always been a problem, yet sex is so vitally important within such a relationship. I really don't think I'd be able to stay if it was always horrible.

Why did you marry him??
Benbutton is offline  
post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-02-2020, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benbutton View Post
It never ceases to amaze me the amount of people that marry when they aren't compatible. You had a compatibility issue right from the get go - the sex has always been a problem, yet sex is so vitally important within such a relationship. I really don't think I'd be able to stay if it was always horrible.

Why did you marry him??
He was my first serious boyfriend and I was so lonely when I met him. It was nice to have someone with me and I fell in love with him on a way that I ignored all the red flags. I was young and naive. He warned me about our incompatibility and I convinced him we were great together. I really thought we were but looking back I was being so stupid.
Nina0 is offline  
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-02-2020, 06:20 PM
TJW
Member
 
TJW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,345
Re: 3 years of marriage - so many red flags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina0 View Post
He was my first serious boyfriend and I was so lonely when I met him. It was nice to have someone with me and I fell in love with him on a way that I ignored all the red flags. I was young and naive. He warned me about our incompatibility and I convinced him we were great together. I really thought we were but looking back I was being so stupid.
You two need to have a serious "come to Jesus" moment. Or, hour. You have both made a big mistake. Thankfully, there aren't any children yet. For God's sake, whatever you do, don't let that happen.

I almost can't believe I'm going to be the one to say it, but I am. Agree to some amicable terms upon which you can both get out. Find a way to move back around your family and friends. And, finish school as soon as you can so you can support yourself.

I'm not one who advises people to divorce. You are ALREADY divorced from your husband, in the emotional sense. He is now a "paycheck" to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina0 View Post
I love him as a person, but not as a husband anymore.
He feels this. It may be one of the reasons why he won't put in effort at sex.

PE is a problem which usually occurs in young men who haven't had much "practice" at holding back their orgasms. Inexperience is a big factor. Plus, it can be psychologically damaging to the man, gives him feelings of inadequacy and inferiority which work themselves into the "mix" and become their own cause of lack of sexual drive.

TJW is offline  
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-03-2020, 12:30 PM
Forum Supporter
 
SunCMars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Where have all the friends gone? Where is Red Dog? Why is the Red Queen raising an army?
Posts: 11,346
Re: 3 years of marriage - so many red flags

Finish your schooling.

That gives you two more years for you to work on him, and for him to work on himself.
During this whole time, let him know you want to improve 'things'.

In this world based economy, a degree is more important than any few, those rare delivered orgasms.

In the interim, you can hand deliver the 'male'.. by yourself.

........................................

The man loves you, but has real 'issues' that you find unacceptable.

When you leave him, don't point out the real reason. That would be rubbing salt on the flag pole.

I believe his actions show a hidden hurt, a hidden fear, a hidden contempt for you.
Imagine that, you feel these same feeling, also!

Does he sense this contempt you have for him?
Likely.

You claim it is the bad sex that makes you contemptuous of him.
I call bollocks, this statement of your is but the tip of his fast-acting spear.

A partner wanting out of a relationship always finds, and points out the alligators weaknesses, his/her soft belly.

You praise him on one hand, then slap him silly with the other.

Has another man caught your fancy?
If not, has the thought of one taken over you?

That *seven year itch, is it centered at your waist, or between your ears?

Hmm?

Yes.

.................................................. .......

*The itch is normal, not something worthy of shame.
Provided, that one does not foolishly act on it.

.................................................. ......

I am not downplaying anything that you feel, I just want you to analyze every aspect of what it is you feel, and what might be the true, the root cause of it.

It is more than his fast acting root.
You know this all, to boot.


Gwendolyn-

This....This is the nub of the stick that pokes me in the eye when the light of day energizes my optic nerve....SunCMars.... The Allegory of the Cave--> On this, I did a '180' and stepped out. The Lion in Winter. Invictus..By Will, Shall.
The Host, Rd is ill, any years left, remain now, in doubt? Red Dog is now lost to us.
SunCMars is offline  
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-03-2020, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 17
Thank you Gwendolyn! That opened my eyes and made me reflect with a new perspective. Last night we had a long talk. He said everything that needs fix in our relationship and me, and I did the same. Right now neither him or I think we can create something that wasn't even there at the first place. We are considering divorce. I cried my eyeball out but he was just chill and reasonable, which hurts me because he doesn't seem hurt with this idea. I don't know guys.

Thank you all for your time! Very appropriated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunCMars View Post
Finish your schooling.

That gives you two more years for you to work on him, and for him to work on himself.
During this whole time, let him know you want to improve 'things'.

In this world based economy, a degree is more important than any few, those rare delivered orgasms.

In the interim, you can hand deliver the 'male'.. by yourself.

........................................

The man loves you, but has real 'issues' that you find unacceptable.

When you leave him, don't point out the real reason. That would be rubbing salt on the flag pole.

I believe his actions show a hidden hurt, a hidden fear, a hidden contempt for you.
Imagine that, you feel these same feeling, also!

Does he sense this contempt you have for him?
Likely.

You claim it is the bad sex that makes you contemptuous of him.
I call bollocks, this statement of your is but the tip of his fast-acting spear.

A partner wanting out of a relationship always finds, and points out the alligators weaknesses, his/her soft belly.

You praise him on one hand, then slap him silly with the other.

Has another man caught your fancy?
If not, has the thought of one taken over you?

That *seven year itch, is it centered at your waist, or between your ears?

Hmm?

Yes.

.................................................. .......

*The itch is normal, not something worthy of shame.
Provided, that one does not foolishly act on it.

.................................................. ......

I am not downplaying anything that you feel, I just want you to analyze every aspect of what it is you feel, and what might be the true, the root cause of it.

It is more than his fast acting root.
You know this all, to boot.


Gwendolyn-
Nina0 is offline  
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-03-2020, 01:21 PM
TJW
Member
 
TJW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,345
Re: 3 years of marriage - so many red flags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina0 View Post
Right now neither him or I think we can create something that wasn't even there at the first place.
I tend to agree with this. I think people can, perhaps, restore love if they had it. I don't think it can be manufactured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina0 View Post
... which hurts me because he doesn't seem hurt with this idea.
I don't think this is a "girl or guy" thing. I believe that all people, regardless of gender, tend to accept less-painful alternatives. His reaction shouild serve as a prime "litmus test" when you evaluate the current state of your marriage. I think his perspective is that a divorce would be less painful than the marriage.


If you should decide that you want to save your marriage, you will not have to "know guys", however, you will have to know the one guy you're married to.

I was once married to a woman who was critical of my sexual abilities. I was inexperienced and she was experienced. Every time we went to the bedroom, it was like I was an outfielder who was doomed to drop every ball hit to him, and to endure the boos of hating fans each time. It didn't take long before I avoided sex as completely as possible.

Of course, you are going to have to speak to your husband to find out how he feels, all I can say is how I felt in the similar situation. I didn't seek a divorce, but, I can tell you of a fact that if she did, I would have danced an Irish jig (and, I'm not even Irish)....

Last edited by TJW; 01-03-2020 at 02:06 PM.
TJW is offline  
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-03-2020, 04:16 PM
Member
 
Ursula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,655
Re: 3 years of marriage - so many red flags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina0 View Post
Hey guys! I've been married for 3 years, no kids. He's 36 and I am 28. Anyways... I'm not happy about us. We have talked so many times about these issues and nothing really gets resolved. I suggested couple therapy but he doesn't want it. I made this list of pros and cons. What are your views on it? Thinking about divorce does tempts me but at the same time I am terrified because I live where I don't have anyone as family. The only people I know are his family and friends. I am making friends at college though.

CONS
Harasses me to drink alcohol (even though I told him several times that I don't like it)

I don't have fun with his friends

I don't have real fun with him when traveling

Sexless marriage (once every two months maybe)

Want too many different things for life (including when to have kids)

Very few interests in common (we don't really do any activities together)

He doesn't communicate well (don't talk about things that are important)

PROS
Very good person

Supports me (financially and emotionally)

Cheers for my success (I am in school getting an extremely hard degree)

Has a huge heart

Treats me like a princess

Loves my family and helps them when they need

We have fun at home (laugh, cuddle and watch TV)
Iím not sure if itís just me, but your pro/con list seems to be a little contradictory:

- He harasses you to drink alcohol yet is a very good person who supports you emotionally?
- He doesnít communicate well, but treats you like a princess?

You donít share any interests, have a sexless marriage and want totally different things in life? How in the world do you think you guys can make this work? You need to get on the same page in ALL regards. He doesnít sound like a peach to be married to; I was also in a marriage with someone with an extremely low drive, and it created a lot of issues. And 28 is young to have someone cut you off sex. Personally, if I were married to someone who forced me to do something that Iíve stated that Iím not comfortable with, Iíd be sitting him down and telling him to stop, now. And if he didnít want to stop, I would be leaving.

Your marriage sounds a bit like my former one with lack of sex, no communication, we did nothing together, and wanted different things in life. Thatís a recipe for disaster, and it wonít work unless you and he can get on the same page and actually communicate.
Ursula is offline  
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-03-2020, 04:32 PM
Member
 
Ursula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,655
Re: 3 years of marriage - so many red flags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina0 View Post
Thank you Gwendolyn! That opened my eyes and made me reflect with a new perspective. Last night we had a long talk. He said everything that needs fix in our relationship and me, and I did the same. Right now neither him or I think we can create something that wasn't even there at the first place. We are considering divorce. I cried my eyeball out but he was just chill and reasonable, which hurts me because he doesn't seem hurt with this idea. I don't know guys.
Heís chill because heís checked out of the marriage. The marriage isnít working for him, and heís only physically present, not emotionally. From the sounds of it, you guys hit the nail on the head when you agreed that the spark of a relationship was never there in the first place.
Ursula is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome