I dye my bangs and a couple of side streaks pink, and the rest of my hair is long and brunette, my natural color. There’s a picture on my profile if you’re curious. I get compliments all the time. But I live in Portland and it’s very common here for people to have blue, green, purple, pink, etc.
I love how my hair looks but I’m fine with it if someone or even lots of people don’t like it. Men respond well to it, but I suppose I would not be aware of men who don’t like it because they just wouldn’t respond to me at all.
If my hair was that nice bright white kind of gray I would not dye it at all, but mine isn’t. It’s that flat steely gray color and looks really bad next to my face.
The bangs and side streaks are the only place I’m gray so that’s why I only dye those parts. But I would never do it all in pink because I personally think that’s just too much with the unnatural colors and plus it would be way too hard to maintain. The unnatural colors fade out much quicker than natural colors. I have to redo the pink every week. It’s not too much hassle though because it’s only the bangs and streaks.
I play bingo with my mom at her retirement community with a bunch of elderly sweet ladies. Every time I go they all tell me they love my hair and that it’s beautiful. Which kind of surprises me because I figured older people would not like it.
My mom likes the pink but she will mention if it’s getting faded out like a little nudge to freshen it up again, lol. But when the color is new and vibrant she just gushes “oh it’s so pretty I love it whenever you do your color”. Lol, moms.
My numbers are in the order your paragraphs.
1) I'll have to look some time. I can't remember if I've ever looked at your page. I probably did, but it's been a very long time if I can't remember. TBT is my friend and I don't look at his. Maybe I'm weird? lol
And, I don't doubt you get compliments. I'm asking why folks like those different colors. All I can glean from that paragraph is you do it because the men seem to like it.
2) Makes sense with what I figured above. What is the drive for you? Is it something with sci-fi or just that men in your area like it?
3) Yeah, I don't get the interest in any gray, but it's natural to become gray. I am becoming more gray. My beard is white. Well, what I have left. lol Maybe it's just because it's becoming more popular here and I'm not used to seeing it? I don't know.
4) I think it's the red shades that lose color the quickest? Makes sense. Would you feel less of something if you didn't have that pink? Would it make you feel old or out of touch or something?
5) I'm old. You must mean 70s and up at bingo? Now you've got me thinking of the stories of the blue hairs at bingo when I went back in the late seventies and with my first girlfriend because I couldn't yet go out with her on a regular date. They was nasty. I sat down and one got a guard to make me move. She always sat there. Then, I won something and those blue hairs were cussing at me... some under their breath and some aloud so I could hear. Sheesh what a bunch. I thought I might be torn limb from limb. lol Damn blue hairs. Oh, that's the dye they used in their hair because it went yellow over time. For some reason, it had a blue tint to it. haha
6)Moms are great.
I don't know if I like it or not. I know no one cares what I like. I'm curious like a cat. ha I feel like it is a badge of some sort. I don't think most women give a damn about the unnatural stuff going into the environment when it comes to their attractiveness. I feel as if women keep it gray because they are advertising they are accomplished and secure women who do not need anyone. I feel like the colors are used to attract younger men and to advertise a woman's tutti fruitiness. She is saying she is not vanilla in the bedroom. I may be off. I'm just trying to understand.