whistleblower complaint against Trump - Page 113 - Talk About Marriage
Politics This is the place to discuss politics

User Tag List

 2019Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1681 of 2208 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 04:08 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: North East US
Posts: 594
Re: whistleblower complaint against Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
Because if you watch Fox News or go to Brietbart it's all that is used, and then people believe it.

That's all they are looking for - talking points to be amplified by corrupt "news" sources.

Hannity should be subpeona'd. They've totally lost any even faux veneer of factual reporting. You can't report the news when you're helping invent it.
You really are quite comical here. Fox news is bad, CNN, MSNBC, NYtimes. Washington Post, ABC, NBC etc all good! your complaining about one TV network that is pro Trump when there are far more pro Democrat anti Trump networks. Nearly all of which has been repeatedly caught lying, had retract and even have had to fire several reporters and some major anchors.

Hannity readily admits his show is an OPINION piece.

As far as inventing news noone is better than CNN or MSNBC.

Always Learning is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1682 of 2208 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 04:17 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: North East US
Posts: 594
Re: whistleblower complaint against Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasorundo View Post
No, they aren't. Whether they are guilty or not does not make anything Trump does right. It is no more or less a crime based upon the guilty or innocence of the Bidens. If you think it does, then that shows it is a political thing for you, and not a question of abuse of power.
They are germaine because your side is claiming it was all about dirt on a political opponent. If they are guilty, then that argument falls apart because he was investigating corruption in the Ukraine.
Always Learning is offline  
post #1683 of 2208 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 04:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: North East US
Posts: 594
Re: whistleblower complaint against Trump

The person that needs to be put under oath for questioning is Schiff. He as already lied multiple times during this circus.

We never had contact with the whistleblower. when his team and likely himself did in fact have contact prior to anyone knowing, they advised him to seek a lawyer and likely hooked him up with the right one.

He is repeatedly claiming that he doesn't know who the whistleblower is, he definately knows who it is.

And if your claiming its all in the open now with public testimony why did the 2 new people (related to over hearing a call to Sondland) have to go back into private inquiry?

it's all in the open as long as the first round of private questioning goes OK, what a scam!
Always Learning is offline  
 
post #1684 of 2208 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 04:31 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,812
Re: whistleblower complaint against Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
They are germaine because your side is claiming it was all about dirt on a political opponent. If they are guilty, then that argument falls apart because he was investigating corruption in the Ukraine.
No, it doesn't matter! Whether they are guilty or not, it was still about dirt on an opponent. If he had evidence, there are channels to take it to, not backroom deals and sending your lawyer to the Ukraine.

I really do not understand how you guys fail to understand this.
Tasorundo is offline  
post #1685 of 2208 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 04:33 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,812
Re: whistleblower complaint against Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
"Did you shoot the man who lies dead there on the floor?"

"Yes I did."

But is it murder or is it justified self defense? If you don't get to hear why I shot the man, if you are unwilling to let me speak my side of the story, the truth can not be known with confidence.

That is the gist of the matter. But, you like many others are convinced there is no other possible motivation but that Trump was trying to get political dirt on Joe Biden in order to defeat him in 2020. Bringing the Bidens or the whistleblower under oath to testify is not to convict them but to let the public see the entirety of the picture so that we have as accurate an understanding as possible.
This isn't self defense.

This is more like, did you break into someones house and kill them? Yes, but they did something wrong I cannot prove! So it is ok right?
Tasorundo is offline  
post #1686 of 2208 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 04:34 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: North East US
Posts: 594
Re: whistleblower complaint against Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasorundo View Post
They both do this all the time! ALL THE TIME!!! Remember how awful executive actions were when Obama was signing them? They were going to ruin the country, the R's said he thought he was a king! Yet, it's good for Trump to do it (even with R control of both houses).

Remember when we needed to give committees the ability to subpoena witnesses without the house? Yeah, that was a great plan, until now!

They made Al Fraken resign, so yeah the R's do get holier than thou about stuff. Fraken must resign, Trump must be president!
And to your later point it all becomes the new norm. Which I pointed out earlier, the next impeachment will be so much easier to get going against the next Democrat President. The one after Trump gets his second term.

Al Franken was a victim of the Me To movement more than anything, The Republicans and Democrats called for his resignation. Not just Republicans.
Always Learning is offline  
post #1687 of 2208 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 04:35 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,812
Re: whistleblower complaint against Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
The person that needs to be put under oath for questioning is Schiff. He as already lied multiple times during this circus.

We never had contact with the whistleblower. when his team and likely himself did in fact have contact prior to anyone knowing, they advised him to seek a lawyer and likely hooked him up with the right one.

He is repeatedly claiming that he doesn't know who the whistleblower is, he definately knows who it is.

And if your claiming its all in the open now with public testimony why did the 2 new people (related to over hearing a call to Sondland) have to go back into private inquiry?

it's all in the open as long as the first round of private questioning goes OK, what a scam!
Whether he does or doesnt, it doesnt matter. Also, the trial isn't about who the whistleblower is, that is you buying into the republican misdirection. The whistle was blown, we are talking about what was brought up by him/her, and yet you still want a name. As if the name changes whether or not all of this other stuff happened.

Its cool though, just keep pretending that all of Trump's Ukraine stuff is normal and legal, because like, someone did something else one time.
Tasorundo is offline  
post #1688 of 2208 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 04:37 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,812
Re: whistleblower complaint against Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
And to your later point it all becomes the new norm. Which I pointed out earlier, the next impeachment will be so much easier to get going against the next Democrat President. The one after Trump gets his second term.

Al Franken was a victim of the Me To movement more than anything, The Republicans and Democrats called for his resignation. Not just Republicans.
Yes, and I bet the Dems grandstand about nonsense and pander to their base and question career military and civil servants saying they are partisan hacks. Just another day in the **** show.
Tasorundo is offline  
post #1689 of 2208 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 04:39 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: North East US
Posts: 594
Re: whistleblower complaint against Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasorundo View Post
No, it doesn't matter! Whether they are guilty or not, it was still about dirt on an opponent. If he had evidence, there are channels to take it to, not backroom deals and sending your lawyer to the Ukraine.

I really do not understand how you guys fail to understand this.
But you keep saying to take it to the right channels and he did its right there in the transcript. I'll have AG Barr get in touch with you. I have even pasted the exact part of the transcript here but you refuse to ackknowledge it. The evidence has been all over every TV station in the country Joe admitted he did it!
Always Learning is offline  
post #1690 of 2208 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 04:44 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: North East US
Posts: 594
Re: whistleblower complaint against Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasorundo View Post
Whether he does or doesnt, it doesnt matter. Also, the trial isn't about who the whistleblower is, that is you buying into the republican misdirection. The whistle was blown, we are talking about what was brought up by him/her, and yet you still want a name. As if the name changes whether or not all of this other stuff happened.

Its cool though, just keep pretending that all of Trump's Ukraine stuff is normal and legal, because like, someone did something else one time.
So whether the guy (Schiff) who got this all rolling, is corrupt in the process doesn't matter? Schiff has an axe to grind and it's obvious. I don't need the guys name I already know who it is and so doesn't everyone else. The point is the guy has an obvious bias in this and so doesn't Schiff.

Always Learning is offline  
post #1691 of 2208 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 04:47 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: North East US
Posts: 594
Re: whistleblower complaint against Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasorundo View Post
Yes, and I bet the Dems grandstand about nonsense and pander to their base and question career military and civil servants saying they are partisan hacks. Just another day in the **** show.
You can't be serius about this statement because yes they do, Does the name Michael Flynn ring a bell?

This is right up there with some the most ridiculous statements you have made.
Always Learning is offline  
post #1692 of 2208 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 05:05 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,812
Re: whistleblower complaint against Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
You can't be serius about this statement because yes they do, Does the name Michael Flynn ring a bell?

This is right up there with some the most ridiculous statements you have made.
I was being serious, I fully expect them to do that. I am not a dem and I am not a rep, they are both grandstanding crappy leaders that do nothing for the country.

It would be nice if both sides could really step back and say, hey, Trump is way out of line here, but it isnt going to happen, and it wont happen with mythical future dem pres either.
Tasorundo is offline  
post #1693 of 2208 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 05:06 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,812
Re: whistleblower complaint against Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
So whether the guy (Schiff) who got this all rolling, is corrupt in the process doesn't matter? Schiff has an axe to grind and it's obvious. I don't need the guys name I already know who it is and so doesn't everyone else. The point is the guy has an obvious bias in this and so doesn't Schiff.
It doesn't matter, because the ball hit something. There was a whistle blown, because there was a blow worthy event. You can say you disagree with that I guess, but you are either blinded by party, or by love for Trump. What he was doing was unacceptable.
Tasorundo is offline  
post #1694 of 2208 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 06:03 PM
Member
 
Marduk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 17,895
Re: whistleblower complaint against Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
You really are quite comical here. Fox news is bad, CNN, MSNBC, NYtimes. Washington Post, ABC, NBC etc all good! your complaining about one TV network that is pro Trump when there are far more pro Democrat anti Trump networks. Nearly all of which has been repeatedly caught lying, had retract and even have had to fire several reporters and some major anchors.

Hannity readily admits his show is an OPINION piece.

As far as inventing news noone is better than CNN or MSNBC.
I don't think I've ever said CNN or MSNBC, etc as being good. I do respect the Times though.

I recommend international sources. I happened to come across a video on one of them of Fox's coverage of the process, and it was fascinating how skewed - and downright deceitful it was.

Both the "news" and even worse the opinion pieces. These guys should have their journalism credentials revoked. Hannity, etc just outright lies.
Marduk is online now  
post #1695 of 2208 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 06:06 PM
Member
 
Marduk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 17,895
Re: whistleblower complaint against Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
The person that needs to be put under oath for questioning is Schiff. He as already lied multiple times during this circus.
Trump first. He seems like he lies every times he takes a breath. As they said during the testimony... if republicans want the one that started it all to take the stand, Trump is welcome to do so - under oath.

Quote:
We never had contact with the whistleblower. when his team and likely himself did in fact have contact prior to anyone knowing, they advised him to seek a lawyer and likely hooked him up with the right one.
As per standard whisteblower process?

Quote:
He is repeatedly claiming that he doesn't know who the whistleblower is, he definately knows who it is.
How do you know? His staff might. It doesn't mean he does.

Quote:
And if your claiming its all in the open now with public testimony why did the 2 new people (related to over hearing a call to Sondland) have to go back into private inquiry?

it's all in the open as long as the first round of private questioning goes OK, what a scam!
As per republican changed process. This whole thing is literally karma.
Marduk is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome