Do I remember correctly that you’re Canadian? What’s your dog in this hunt?
1. The POTUS is still realistically one of the most powerful positions/roles on earth.
2. We live next door and are impacted by many things Americans do. I have had my own children yelled at - in the Maui airport while leaving the country no less - that 'we better watch ourselves because now that Trump is in office, we're not taking any **** from you people any longer.' By a TSA agent.
3. Many Canadians look up to America, as does the world, as something of a 'defender of the faith' when it comes to freedom, democracy, etc. Leader of the free world, and all that. We've fought in many wars together. We're each other's largest trading partner. We share the longest undefended border in the world. We share a common language and many ideals. But that's all going away.
4. Trump is a lying, racist, misogynistic poor excuse for a leader - and as someone married to someone that's been sexually assaulted, I think it's offensive that yanks have put a guy that has literally dozens of accusations of sexual assaults, has admitted to doing so on tape, has paid women off to shut up, has had 'catch and kill' stories done to shut up other women, has admitted to walking into women's change rooms while they're changing in article interviews into the highest office of the land.
5. What he is normalizing is racism, misogyny, sexual assault, xenophobia, and blatant corruption and lying. American culture is a pandemic - what becomes normal there will soon be normal here. That idea disgusts me.
6. America, American media, and Americans themselves often interferes, comments, criticizes, or gets involved in worldwide politics culture, and issues, including Canadian ones. So I feel very free to do the same, because turnabout is fair play. I've discussed Trudeau and other issues here and elsewhere with Americans, for example. As I have said, I've been personally impacted by Trump in numerous ways, including 'letting *******s off the leash' as it were, and no longer will travel to the US unless required to do so for work (which I have done and continue to do).