Talk About Marriage

Talk About Marriage (https://talkaboutmarriage.com/forumindex.php)
-   Politics (https://talkaboutmarriage.com/politics/)
-   -   Good News! Abortion is Decriminalised (https://talkaboutmarriage.com/politics/436419-good-news-abortion-decriminalised.html)

Personal 09-26-2019 01:19 AM

Good News! Abortion is Decriminalised
 
Finally! Abortion has been decriminalised in New South Wales, Australia.

Having had three sexual partners who have had abortions in the State of NSW. I think it is terrific news that it is no longer a criminal offence.

Abortion decriminalised in NSW as controversial bill passes final vote - ABC News

Abortion decriminalised in NSW after bill passes last hurdle - Sydney Morning Herald

Abortion decriminalised in NSW after marathon debate - The Guardian

OnTheFly 09-26-2019 10:48 AM

Re: Good News! Abortion is Decriminalised
 
Stunning and Brave!

Rocky Mountain Yeti 09-26-2019 11:09 AM

Re: Good News! Abortion is Decriminalised
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Personal (Post 19989515)
Finally! Abortion has been decriminalised in New South Wales, Australia.

Having had three sexual partners who have had abortions in the State of NSW. I think it is terrific news that it is no longer a criminal offence.

Abortion decriminalised in NSW as controversial bill passes final vote - ABC News

Abortion decriminalised in NSW after bill passes last hurdle - Sydney Morning Herald

Abortion decriminalised in NSW after marathon debate - The Guardian

3?

Y'all aren't big on taking precautions, are ya? Good thing the law now compensates for your behavior.

Personal 09-26-2019 11:41 AM

Re: Good News! Abortion is Decriminalised
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky Mountain Yeti (Post 19989777)
Y'all aren't big on taking precautions, are ya?

Actually all of my sexual partners and I have been big on precautions, with the combined pill, the mini pill, condoms, natural family planning and the hormonal intrauterine device. All having been variously used through those relationships.

Yet from experience it turns out, that it is possible to get pregnant when taking the mini pill. While natural family planning in the face of irregular ovulation, didn't work in one instance. While the dissolution of one relationship, was a good reason not to carry on with a pregnancy that had become unwanted.

Rocky Mountain Yeti 09-26-2019 11:48 AM

Re: Good News! Abortion is Decriminalised
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Personal (Post 19989805)
Actually all of my sexual partners and I have been big on precautions, with the combined pill, the mini pill, condoms, natural family planning and the hormonal intrauterine device. All having been variously used through those relationships.

Yet from experience it turns out, that it is possible to get pregnant when taking the mini pill. While natural family planning in the face of irregular ovulation, didn't work in one instance. While the dissolution of one relationship, was a good reason not to carry on with a pregnancy that had become unwanted.

I understand. My wife and I were once on the wrong end of a broken condom.

You just seem to have had a rather statistically improbably string of bad luck.

VladDracul 09-26-2019 12:23 PM

Re: Good News! Abortion is Decriminalised
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky Mountain Yeti (Post 19989811)
You just seem to have had a rather statistically improbably string of bad luck.

Yep, if I were him, Id stay out of Vegas. Yours reminds me of the two men in the ocean whose life raft sprung a leak. One looked at the other and said, " Looks like I'm going to leave this world the same way I came into it; because of a leaky rubber."

Diana7 09-26-2019 02:08 PM

Re: Good News! Abortion is Decriminalised
 
I could never celebrate unborn babies being horribly killed.

Also cant believe that you think its ok to have had 3 of your children killed in this way.:(

OnTheFly 09-26-2019 03:53 PM

Re: Good News! Abortion is Decriminalised
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana7 (Post 19989965)
I could never celebrate unborn babies being horribly killed.

Also cant believe that you think its ok to have had 3 of your children killed in this way.:(

Consciences seared like tuna steaks.

Marduk 09-26-2019 03:55 PM

Re: Good News! Abortion is Decriminalised
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana7 (Post 19989965)
I could never celebrate unborn babies being horribly killed.

Also cant believe that you think its ok to have had 3 of your children killed in this way.:(

What a horrible thing to say, especially since it isn't true.

Adopt any children lately? Try to get some out of cages on the border?

Or does your righteousness only apply to theoretical children instead of actual ones?

InMyPrime 09-26-2019 04:03 PM

Good News! Abortion is Decriminalised
 
Every time I masturbate itís holocaust all over again [emoji22]
I used to watch my sperm under a microscope (for a school project; it was a dodgy teacher). It did look like it was alive. I think I may have even seen one smiling at me...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

InMyPrime 09-26-2019 04:09 PM

Re: Good News! Abortion is Decriminalised
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana7 (Post 19989965)
I could never celebrate unborn babies being horribly killed.



Also cant believe that you think its ok to have had 3 of your children killed in this way.:(


When does it become alive? Does anybody know?
In a way, you are deliberately preventing the potential of life every time you donít have sex when you ovulate, no?
Over a lifetime, a woman produces (or kills) about 400 eggs (babies). And a man will produce (kill) about 525 billion sperm (babies), if he doesnít find enough eggs...
Thatís a lot of women to impregnate...Must get on with it...



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocky Mountain Yeti 09-26-2019 04:17 PM

Re: Good News! Abortion is Decriminalised
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by InMyPrime (Post 19990181)
When does it become alive? Does anybody know?
In a way, you are deliberately preventing the potential of life every time you donít have sex when you ovulate, no?
Over a lifetime, a woman produces (or kills) about 400 eggs (babies). And a man will produce (kill) about 525 billion sperm (babies), if he doesnít find enough eggs...
Thatís a lot of women to impregnate...Must get on with it...



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a red herring argument. Even without saying whether or not it's "alive" or even a separate being, conception is a critical event. Anything before that such as the "waste" of ova or sperm, is irrelevant to the argument at hand. It's not until the two are joined that you have the complete genetic coding of a unique life. Theologians and philosophers can wrestle with whether or not that thing yet has a soul or is yet a unique life. But no matter what side of the debate you stand on, there's no escaping that only at the point of conception does the full genetic blueprint for a unique being exist. Talk about flushed ova and tossed off sperm does a disservice to rational discussion of the topic.

Marduk 09-26-2019 04:20 PM

Re: Good News! Abortion is Decriminalised
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky Mountain Yeti (Post 19990199)
That's a red herring argument. Even without saying whether or not it's "alive" or even a separate being, conception is a critical event. Anything before that such as the "waste" of ova or sperm, is irrelevant to the argument at hand. It's not until the two are joined that you have the complete genetic coding of a unique life. Theologians and philosophers can wrestle with whether or not that thing yet has a soul or is yet a unique life. But no matter what side of the debate you stand on, there's no escaping that only at the point of conception does the full genetic blueprint for a unique being exist. Talk about flushed ova and tossed off sperm does a disservice to rational discussion of the topic.

Gee... I wonder why people aren't freaking out about the actual children in actual cages, the actual children in actual poverty in your country, or the theoretical children (fertilized eggs) in actual cold storage by the thousands across your country.

It's because it isn't about children at all. It's about who gets control over women's bodies.

Rocky Mountain Yeti 09-26-2019 04:29 PM

Re: Good News! Abortion is Decriminalised
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marduk (Post 19990207)
Gee... I wonder why people aren't freaking out about the actual children in actual cages, the actual children in actual poverty in your country, or the theoretical children (fertilized eggs) in actual cold storage by the thousands across your country.

It's because it isn't about children at all. It's about who gets control over women's bodies.

Interesting post from the guy who takes every possible opportunity to rail against whataboutism.

I'm not sure what "children in cages" you're talking about. Is this a reference to the ones at the border who's parents have been detained? If so, that's also a red herring on top of whataboutism on top of a red herring. Those children are released to their parents the second their parents decide to go back where they came from rather than illegally enter a sovereign nation.

InMyPrime 09-26-2019 04:34 PM

Re: Good News! Abortion is Decriminalised
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky Mountain Yeti (Post 19990199)
That's a red herring argument. Even without saying whether or not it's "alive" or even a separate being, conception is a critical event. Anything before that such as the "waste" of ova or sperm, is irrelevant to the argument at hand. It's not until the two are joined that you have the complete genetic coding of a unique life. Theologians and philosophers can wrestle with whether or not that thing yet has a soul or is yet a unique life. But no matter what side of the debate you stand on, there's no escaping that only at the point of conception does the full genetic blueprint for a unique being exist. Talk about flushed ova and tossed off sperm does a disservice to rational discussion of the topic.


But 80% of impregnated eggs donít manage to implant and self-abort/self-destruct. Who is killing those? God? Tom Cruise?



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2013 © Talk About Marriage

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome