The Hidden State in The U.S. - Page 6 - Talk About Marriage
Politics This is the place to discuss politics

User Tag List

 69Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #76 of 141 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 05:55 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,800
Re: The Hidden State in The U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ntnuf View Post
Arrogant or not, it was inevitable.
Is that a real justification? I mean, everyone is going to die, so why not murder them? Sounds like a pretty good rationalization.

Hey, eventually some imperialistic society was going to brutalize them, so why not us.

Tasorundo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #77 of 141 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 07:32 AM Thread Starter
Forum Supporter
 
SunCMars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Where have all the friends gone? Where is Red Dog? Why is the Red Queen raising an army?
Posts: 11,346
Re: The Hidden State in The U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ntnuf View Post
Arrogant or not, it was inevitable.
Ref: the strong taking land from the weak.

Where ever there is a vacuum, some tribe will fill it.

It is said in the Bible that the Meek shall inherit the Earth.

Not this week, not next month, nor next year.

This, they will do during the End Times, when all the other violent Fools kill of themselves, leaving the kind and gentle folks to carry on the blood line of man.

It is cyclical.

In good times peace prospers, in bad, war and strife flourished.

Looking at history, good times found a dearth of peace.

Most found three-feet + of dirt covering over their now-dead forms.

Progress leaves behind those who refuse to join.

This....This is the nub of the stick that pokes me in the eye when the light of day energizes my optic nerve....SunCMars.... The Allegory of the Cave--> On this, I did a '180' and stepped out. The Lion in Winter. Invictus..By Will, Shall.
The Host, Rd is ill, any years left, remain now, in doubt? Red Dog is now lost to us.
SunCMars is offline  
post #78 of 141 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 07:48 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,800
Re: The Hidden State in The U.S.

I find it funny how the people on the ridiculous side of it's ok to abuse the weak are also on the there is no climate change side.
Tasorundo is offline  
 
post #79 of 141 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 09:42 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 176
The Hidden State in The U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunCMars View Post
Ref: the strong taking land from the weak.




It is said in the Bible that the Meek shall inherit the Earth.



Not this week, not next month, nor next year.



This, they will do during the End Times, when all the other violent Fools kill of themselves, leaving the kind and gentle folks to carry on the blood line of man.



.

This is very true

ďBlessed are the Meek, for They Will Inherit the EarthĒ (Matthew 5:5)

The phrase "inherit the earth" is also similar to "theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven" in Matthew 5:3. ... A refined meaning of this phrase has been seen to say that those that are quiet or nullified will one day inherit the world. Meek in the Greek literature of the period most often meant gentle or soft.







Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GAgirl912 is offline  
post #80 of 141 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 09:52 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 17,837
Re: The Hidden State in The U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasorundo View Post
I find it funny how the people on the ridiculous side of it's ok to abuse the weak are also on the there is no climate change side.
No one said that. I specifically did not say that. Someone take their ball and go home? Aww, poor baby.

The correct way to handle it is to not let illegal migrants in. Stop them at the border. Then, allow for a more practical method of allowing folks to become citizens. Businesses can sponsor them and set them up in housing. They can pay them the legal minimum wage or whatever the going rate is.

Folks cannot be encouraged to live on the street. They are by allowing undocumented entry. Those citizens with issues need attended to for addictions and mental illness. They may need housing. States have plenty of housing at low cost. Rental properties are subsidized.

Do you want to give all of that and more to non-citizens who fly the flags of other countries in their benefactor's country?

Where the hell is your pride? If you don't like it here, do what they did and migrate to one of the Nordic countries. Give it a shot. See how they accept you.
2ntnuf is offline  
post #81 of 141 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 10:25 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,800
Re: The Hidden State in The U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ntnuf View Post
No one said that. I specifically did not say that. Someone take their ball and go home? Aww, poor baby.

Do you want to give all of that and more to non-citizens who fly the flags of other countries in their benefactor's country?

Where the hell is your pride? If you don't like it here, do what they did and migrate to one of the Nordic countries. Give it a shot. See how they accept you.
Here are things you have said:

it was inevitable.
They could not have kept this land in their possession, even if the Spanish and English had never come. Someone else would have
Do you know what crushed the indigenous population? No one

All of those are dismissals and justifications for what happened to the people that were here. All of it is full of crap and does nothing but continue to belittle what was done. It is exactly what I said, you justified it all by saying someone else would do it if they didn't. Also much of it was done after the US, the great US that you take pride in that is so amazing, continued to persecute, belittle, and destroy the culture of the people that were already living here. Manifest Destiny!


I cut out a lot of your post, because it was just blah blah, but I want to address those 2 statements left.

I am not proud to be an American, because I did nothing to become one. Having pride in what you are is stupid. Have pride in who you are and what you do with what you have been given. To treat others poorly because they were born on the other side of an imaginary line is the height of stupidity. Stupid people take pride in what they are, often because who they are is not worthy of taking pride in.

I have lived in multiple countries in my life and have traveled the world many times over. I have worked for companies from Nordic countries and they all treated me better than any American company ever has.

I have no problem living somewhere else, but I have no desire to. I have a desire to make this place better, by being a light to the world, not by shutting the door and pretending like they don't exist.
Tasorundo is offline  
post #82 of 141 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 10:26 AM
Member
 
Marduk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 17,850
Re: The Hidden State in The U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red oak View Post
Anyone who "immigrates" to a country yet still claims, and offers allegiance to their first nationality.

Such is an occupying "force" announcing as much by continuing to fly their home countries flag.

Any of them who publicly announce, as many have done on video, they "don't give a **** about your laws, we will do as we please, and on your dime because you support us with a monthly check and housing."
Including North Americans or Western Europeans?

If I legally emigrated to the US as a Canadian, and proudly flew the maple leaf on my lawn, would you have the same beef with me? Or a Brit?

Seems like you’re targeting specific cultures here.

Last edited by Marduk; 12-03-2019 at 10:33 AM.
Marduk is offline  
post #83 of 141 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 10:37 AM
Member
 
Marduk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 17,850
Re: The Hidden State in The U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ntnuf View Post
I disagree with you.

Do you know what crushed the indigenous population?

No one.

They came across the land bridge from Asia to North America. No one is indigenous to North America.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...-a8140231.html
Your argument would be laughable if it wasnít so blatantly offensive.

By your argument, humans are not indigenous to any region except a small segment of Africa. Maybe not even then.

However, I do find it stunningly insensitive.

Europeans purposefully and accidentally wiped out the indigenous populations of both north and South America in a near genocide.

What you are saying is no less offensive than questioning what happened to the Jews in WWII.

Disgusting.
Marduk is offline  
post #84 of 141 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 10:39 AM
Member
 
Marduk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 17,850
Re: The Hidden State in The U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasorundo View Post
Is that a real justification? I mean, everyone is going to die, so why not murder them? Sounds like a pretty good rationalization.

Hey, eventually some imperialistic society was going to brutalize them, so why not us.
By that same argument, if someone does take over the US culturally, then it was the right thing to do.
Marduk is offline  
post #85 of 141 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 10:46 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 17,837
Re: The Hidden State in The U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasorundo View Post
Here are things you have said:

it was inevitable.
They could not have kept this land in their possession, even if the Spanish and English had never come. Someone else would have
Do you know what crushed the indigenous population? No one

All of those are dismissals and justifications for what happened to the people that were here. All of it is full of crap and does nothing but continue to belittle what was done. It is exactly what I said, you justified it all by saying someone else would do it if they didn't. Also much of it was done after the US, the great US that you take pride in that is so amazing, continued to persecute, belittle, and destroy the culture of the people that were already living here. Manifest Destiny!


I cut out a lot of your post, because it was just blah blah, but I want to address those 2 statements left.

I am not proud to be an American, because I did nothing to become one. Having pride in what you are is stupid. Have pride in who you are and what you do with what you have been given. To treat others poorly because they were born on the other side of an imaginary line is the height of stupidity. Stupid people take pride in what they are, often because who they are is not worthy of taking pride in.

I have lived in multiple countries in my life and have traveled the world many times over. I have worked for companies from Nordic countries and they all treated me better than any American company ever has.

I have no problem living somewhere else, but I have no desire to. I have a desire to make this place better, by being a light to the world, not by shutting the door and pretending like they don't exist.
Your ideas of better are imaginary and unworkable. Your mind seems like it is brainwashed and you arrogantly assume you know what is best for everyone. Life is not as easy for everyone as it is for you. There is nothing that can be done to change the past. That's delusional. In fact, I've not seen anything you've posted that was realistic. You live, it seems, in a fantasy world of your own making.

I'm sorry you cannot accept reality. I've only shown what reality is. I've only told you what life is really like. It isn't some fantasy you create. I'm sorry you cannot accept that. I hope you will come to the realization that your way is not viable before you do too much more damage to this, the most wonderful nation on earth. I am proud of what we have accomplished. I am proud of how far we have come.

I believe you should take a look at those nations who are not as far as we are and work on them. That would be noteworthy. That would be a real accomplishment, but you don't have the ability. So, you give up on those and pick the low hanging fruit.

Did you know that if we don't stop it, the moon will leave it's orbit around the earth? Better check into that. If it leaves, it will tear away the earth's atmosphere.

2ntnuf is offline  
post #86 of 141 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 10:49 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 17,837
Re: The Hidden State in The U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
By that same argument, if someone does take over the US culturally, then it was the right thing to do.
No one said it was the right thing to do. I said it was inevitable.
2ntnuf is offline  
post #87 of 141 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 10:51 AM
Member
 
Marduk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 17,850
Re: The Hidden State in The U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ntnuf View Post
No one said it was the right thing to do. I said it was inevitable.
And by extension acceptable.
Marduk is offline  
post #88 of 141 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 10:53 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 17,837
Re: The Hidden State in The U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
Your argument would be laughable if it wasnít so blatantly offensive.

By your argument, humans are not indigenous to any region except a small segment of Africa. Maybe not even then.

However, I do find it stunningly insensitive.

Europeans purposefully and accidentally wiped out the indigenous populations of both north and South America in a near genocide.

What you are saying is no less offensive than questioning what happened to the Jews in WWII.

Disgusting.
That's correct. Any other consideration is ridiculous without proof that humans developed in other areas of the world without the need for migration.

Liberal communist rhetoric.
2ntnuf is offline  
post #89 of 141 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 11:03 AM
Member
 
Marduk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 17,850
Re: The Hidden State in The U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ntnuf View Post
That's correct. Any other consideration is ridiculous without proof that humans developed in other areas of the world without the need for migration.

Liberal communist rhetoric.
Therefore, America is not yours.

You know the definition of liberal is free, right?
Marduk is offline  
post #90 of 141 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 11:08 AM
Member
 
red oak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 1,450
Re: The Hidden State in The U.S.

[=Marduk;20041445]Including North Americans or Western Europeans?

Seems like youíre targeting specific cultures here.[/QUOTE]

Same happens as below, with any culture who comes in whether on a local or national scale. Two examples below are a clash of city and rural ideology and culture.

Fun fact: early American colonies passed ordinances making it a crime for colonists to live with/as the indigenous. Too many were joining the natives.
No specific culture being targeted. Itís generalized.

An example on a smaller scale.
I have a friend in another state who was raised on the same property in which they still live, in the country, but the developers have bought property all around their 80 acres. Even though that friend has lived there since childhood the city folk who wanted country life only want their version of country life, and are giving said friend hell wanting them to conform to homeowner association standards. To get rid of their dogs, chickens etc.
They have some enemies in the new developments as a result.
On top of that they want to treat friends private drive as though itís public property and walk it like it was a street in town.
Where I live as well. People want to build vacation summer homes to be able to enjoy the country life and rent out when not using it personally. Yet they expect us to conform to their ideals of what country life should be. They donít wish to you actually learn what country life is. They expect us to conform to what they wishes.
An example: Not far from me someone bought land on a river. They Are selling lots for people to build vacation homes, and gated a county road Because they donít want anyone at the river. When the county gets money to fix the bridge they will have to remove their gate if another local doesnít do it for them again.
In the meantime they want to prevent people from even floating the river Which is a illegal to do in my state and by federal law.

Take the people in rural Colorado. Lived in the middle of nowhere someone bought land a mile away from them. The new people didnít like them having dogs or hunting with them. The new people filed to change the ordinance in the county. The ones who lived there all their life had to go broke trying to fight for their rights.

All three of those are examples of clash of culture on a small local scale.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The only difference between 'propaganda' and 'education,' really, is in the point of view. The advocacy of what we believe in is education. The advocacy of what we don't believe in is propaganda.-Edward Bernays
red oak is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome