The Hidden State in The U.S. - Page 7 - Talk About Marriage
Politics This is the place to discuss politics

User Tag List

 69Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #91 of 141 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 11:09 AM
Member
 
2ntnuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 17,837
Re: The Hidden State in The U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
Therefore, America is not yours.

You know the definition of liberal is free, right?
It's no ones land, just like any other country is not their land. It's the land of those who live there and can keep others from taking it from them. Think about it.

If I come to your home and cop a squat and never leave, then complain because you need to buy more groceries and wash my bed sheets(I'll be sleeping in your bed) and you don't take care of those things, you are a dirt bag, not me. If I sleep in your front yard in a tent, you damn well better hire someone to clean up the **** I take in your yard and the needles I leave because it's your problem.

That's your logic.

Edit: You have no right to send me away, either. You are a cold hearted ass, if you try. You are part of the society that is better than every other. You need to set an example for the world. You need to pay me a stipend of $1000/mo. while I am living in your home or yard. I don't have to do anything for that, either.

And I'm older than you so I was in this nation long before you were. How dare you live here? You are taking land away from me. I could have done something with it. Maybe I was happy without you living here?

See how ****ed up your logic is?


"I'm significant!! Screamed the dust speck." - Bill Watterson
"Youth is wasted on the young". - George Bernard Shaw

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2ntnuf; 12-03-2019 at 11:14 AM.
2ntnuf is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 141 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 11:13 AM
Member
 
red oak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 1,477
Re: The Hidden State in The U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
Including North Americans or Western Europeans?

Seems like youíre targeting specific cultures here.
Same happens as below, with any culture who comes in whether on a local or national scale. Two examples below are a clash of city and rural ideology and culture.

Fun fact: early American colonies passed ordinances making it a crime for colonists to live with/as the indigenous. Too many were joining the natives.
No specific culture being targeted. Itís generalized.

An example on a smaller scale.
I have a friend in another state who was raised on the same property in which they still live, in the country, but the developers have bought property all around their 80 acres. Even though that friend has lived there since childhood the city folk who wanted country life only want their version of country life, and are giving said friend hell wanting them to conform to homeowner association standards. To get rid of their dogs, chickens etc.
They have some enemies in the new developments as a result.
On top of that they want to treat friends private drive as though itís public property and walk it like it was a street in town.
Where I live as well. People want to build vacation summer homes to be able to enjoy the country life and rent out when not using it personally. Yet they expect us to conform to their ideals of what country life should be. They donít wish to you actually learn what country life is. They expect us to conform to what they wishes.
An example: Not far from me someone bought land on a river. They Are selling lots for people to build vacation homes, and gated a county road Because they donít want anyone at the river. When the county gets money to fix the bridge they will have to remove their gate if another local doesnít do it for them again.
In the meantime they want to prevent people from even floating the river Which is a illegal to do in my state and by federal law.

Take the people in rural Colorado. Lived in the middle of nowhere someone bought land a mile away from them. The new people didnít like them having dogs or hunting with them. The new people filed to change the ordinance in the county. The ones who lived there all their life had to go broke trying to fight for their rights.

All three of those are examples of clash of culture on a small local scale.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The only difference between 'propaganda' and 'education,' really, is in the point of view. The advocacy of what we believe in is education. The advocacy of what we don't believe in is propaganda.-Edward Bernays
red oak is offline  
post #93 of 141 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 11:17 AM
Member
 
Marduk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 17,952
Re: The Hidden State in The U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ntnuf View Post
It's no ones land, just like any other country is not their land. It's the land of those who live there and can keep others from taking it from them. Think about it.

If I come to your home and cop a squat and never leave, then complain because you need to buy more groceries and wash my bed sheets(I'll be sleeping in your bed) and you don't take care of those things, you are a dirt bag, not me. If I sleep in your front yard in a tent, you damn well better hire someone to clean up the **** I take in your yard and the needles I leave because it's your problem.

That's your logic.

Edit: You have no right to send me away, either. You are a cold hearted ass, if you try. You are part of the society that is better than every other. You need to set an example for the world. You need to pay me a stipend of $1000/mo. while I am living in your home or yard. I don't have to do anything for that, either.

And I'm older than you so I was in this nation long before you were. How dare you live here? You are taking land away from me. I could have done something with it. Maybe I was happy without you living here?

See how ****ed up your logic is?
I am not arguing for illegal immigration.

What I’m saying is that if you don’t think there was an indigenous population here before Europeans came because humans didn’t evolve in North America, then you’re not here in a valid way either.

Therefore, that squatter isn’t squatting in my home, because it’s not mine.

Besides, it’s extremely offensive and dismissive of what really happened during colonialization.
Marduk is offline  
 
post #94 of 141 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 11:19 AM
Member
 
Marduk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 17,952
Re: The Hidden State in The U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red oak View Post
Same happens as below, with any culture who comes in whether on a local or national scale. Two examples below are a clash of city and rural ideology and culture.

Fun fact: early American colonies passed ordinances making it a crime for colonists to live with/as the indigenous. Too many were joining the natives.
No specific culture being targeted. Itís generalized.

An example on a smaller scale.
I have a friend in another state who was raised on the same property in which they still live, in the country, but the developers have bought property all around their 80 acres. Even though that friend has lived there since childhood the city folk who wanted country life only want their version of country life, and are giving said friend hell wanting them to conform to homeowner association standards. To get rid of their dogs, chickens etc.
They have some enemies in the new developments as a result.
On top of that they want to treat friends private drive as though itís public property and walk it like it was a street in town.
Where I live as well. People want to build vacation summer homes to be able to enjoy the country life and rent out when not using it personally. Yet they expect us to conform to their ideals of what country life should be. They donít wish to you actually learn what country life is. They expect us to conform to what they wishes.
An example: Not far from me someone bought land on a river. They Are selling lots for people to build vacation homes, and gated a county road Because they donít want anyone at the river. When the county gets money to fix the bridge they will have to remove their gate if another local doesnít do it for them again.
In the meantime they want to prevent people from even floating the river Which is a illegal to do in my state and by federal law.

Take the people in rural Colorado. Lived in the middle of nowhere someone bought land a mile away from them. The new people didnít like them having dogs or hunting with them. The new people filed to change the ordinance in the county. The ones who lived there all their life had to go broke trying to fight for their rights.

All three of those are examples of clash of culture on a small local scale.
Very interesting.

What would you do?
Marduk is offline  
post #95 of 141 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
Forum Supporter
 
SunCMars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Where have all the friends gone? Where is Red Dog? Why is the Red Queen raising an army?
Posts: 11,394
Re: The Hidden State in The U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAgirl912 View Post
This is very true

“Blessed are the Meek, for They Will Inherit the Earth” (Matthew 5:5)

The phrase "inherit the earth" is also similar to "theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven" in Matthew 5:3. ... A refined meaning of this phrase has been seen to say that those that are quiet or nullified will one day inherit the world. Meek in the Greek literature of the period most often meant gentle or soft.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In today's world, and with the #Metoo crowd, meek is viewed differently.

When you scare an older person, they still scream "EEK!

With the new young they now say, "MEEK!"

Yeah, I know, a not so pretty and such a lame joke....

This thread did OK, it has done better than that thread titled Belly Full, Empty Balls.

God help us!





THRD-

This....This is the nub of the stick that pokes me in the eye when the light of day energizes my optic nerve....SunCMars.... The Allegory of the Cave--> On this, I did a '180' and stepped out. The Lion in Winter. Invictus..By Will, Shall.
The Host, Rd is ill, any years left, remain now, in doubt? Red Dog is now lost to us.
SunCMars is offline  
post #96 of 141 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 11:37 AM
Member
 
red oak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 1,477
Re: The Hidden State in The U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
Very interesting.

What would you do?
Using phone so a short answer.
What I still do with Those I come in contact with. I try to educate on the importance of country culture, its necessity, and hope to instill an appreciation for it.
Such has helped give some of my clients an appreciation for what the forest has to offer, and made them leave more trees.

The builder on said river I gave my card for homeowners in hopes they may call me, and I can have some influence.
On the gated road mentioned I still walk down that road to some of my prime acorn picking spots and carry statutes in case confronted about walking the river bank.

Same can be done with other ďimmigrantsĒ they leave a country because itís so bad then reason why take with you those things you those things which made it so bad in the first place? It is irrational.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The only difference between 'propaganda' and 'education,' really, is in the point of view. The advocacy of what we believe in is education. The advocacy of what we don't believe in is propaganda.-Edward Bernays
red oak is offline  
post #97 of 141 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 11:40 AM
Member
 
Marduk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 17,952
Re: The Hidden State in The U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red oak View Post
Using phone so a short answer.
What I still do with Those I come in contact with. I try to educate on the importance of country culture, its necessity, and hope to instill an appreciation for it.
Such has helped give some of my clients an appreciation for what the forest has to offer, and made them leave more trees.

The builder on said river I gave my card for homeowners in hopes they may call me, and I can have some influence.
On the gated road mentioned I still walk down that road to some of my prime acorn picking spots and carry statutes in case confronted about walking the river bank.

Same can be done with other ďimmigrantsĒ they leave a country because itís so bad then reason why take with you those things you those things which made it so bad in the first place? It is irrational.
Which culture? American culture? Your state? Your community? The sub-groups you identify with?

Where can I find a definition of this country culture you speak of?
Marduk is offline  
post #98 of 141 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Forum Supporter
 
SunCMars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Where have all the friends gone? Where is Red Dog? Why is the Red Queen raising an army?
Posts: 11,394
Re: The Hidden State in The U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
I am not arguing for illegal immigration.

What Iím saying is that if you donít think there was an indigenous population here before Europeans came because humans didnít evolve in North America, then youíre not here in a valid way either.

Therefore, that squatter isnít squatting in my home, because itís not mine.

Besides, itís extremely offensive and dismissive of what really happened during colonialization.
Speaking of tragedies and of poster, GA, viz., and the state of Georgia, what President Jackson did to the indigenous Cherokee Nation is an outrage. Jackson was an "Indian fighter" and hater.

The Trail of Tears was caused by the authorization and enforcement of the Indian Removal Act of 1830. This initiative, passed by President Andrew Jackson, forced over 20,000 Native Americans out of their ancestral lands in North Georgia. The vast majority of these Native Americans were from the Cherokee Nation.

President Andrew Jackson passed the Indian Removal Act of 1830 for two reasons. The first reason was the economic value of the land. By relocating the Native Americans from North Georgia, the government was able to sell the land to American settlers and speculators. There is also evidence that the land was rich in gold, which only increased economic interest in the area. The second reason that Andrew Jackson passed the Indian Removal Act was the recommendation of President James Monroe. In his last address to Congress in 1825, Monroe emphasized the benefits of passing the legislation.

When the Cherokees refused to leave their homeland, the federal government forcefully removed them. They were relocated to Oklahoma, but suffered an estimated 4,000 casualties along the way. The Cherokees attempted to protest the Indian Removal Act by filing judicial action against the state of Georgia. The case reached the Supreme Court, and John Marshall ruled in favor of the Cherokee Nation. Marshall stated that the U.S. government had no claim to the Cherokee lands. President Jackson, however, refused to enforce the decision.

This....This is the nub of the stick that pokes me in the eye when the light of day energizes my optic nerve....SunCMars.... The Allegory of the Cave--> On this, I did a '180' and stepped out. The Lion in Winter. Invictus..By Will, Shall.
The Host, Rd is ill, any years left, remain now, in doubt? Red Dog is now lost to us.
SunCMars is offline  
post #99 of 141 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 11:53 AM
Member
 
2ntnuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 17,837
Re: The Hidden State in The U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
I am not arguing for illegal immigration.

What I’m saying is that if you don’t think there was an indigenous population here before Europeans came because humans didn’t evolve in North America, then you’re not here in a valid way either.

Therefore, that squatter isn’t squatting in my home, because it’s not mine.

Besides, it’s extremely offensive and dismissive of what really happened during colonialization.
1. You are correct. In all of history, those with the most power took over the land. It will never change. Why do we have a military?

2. Nope, you don't understand. This is our land because we took it from others and improved it, however, we do not own it. Even if you don't own the land you live on, you still have to take care of me living on it. You still have to clean up my messes and live with the crimes I commit.

3. Extremely? Then give your land back to them and move out of the country. Migrate to your next favorite county. Contact those who fought for this land and complain to them. I didn't do it, so don't take out your anger and frustration on me.

"I'm significant!! Screamed the dust speck." - Bill Watterson
"Youth is wasted on the young". - George Bernard Shaw

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2ntnuf is offline  
post #100 of 141 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 11:56 AM
Member
 
Marduk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 17,952
Re: The Hidden State in The U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunCMars View Post
Speaking of tragedies and of poster, GA, viz., and the state of Georgia, what President Jackson did to the indigenous Cherokee Nation is an outrage. Jackson was an "Indian fighter" and hater.

The Trail of Tears was caused by the authorization and enforcement of the Indian Removal Act of 1830. This initiative, passed by President Andrew Jackson, forced over 20,000 Native Americans out of their ancestral lands in North Georgia. The vast majority of these Native Americans were from the Cherokee Nation.

President Andrew Jackson passed the Indian Removal Act of 1830 for two reasons. The first reason was the economic value of the land. By relocating the Native Americans from North Georgia, the government was able to sell the land to American settlers and speculators. There is also evidence that the land was rich in gold, which only increased economic interest in the area. The second reason that Andrew Jackson passed the Indian Removal Act was the recommendation of President James Monroe. In his last address to Congress in 1825, Monroe emphasized the benefits of passing the legislation.

When the Cherokees refused to leave their homeland, the federal government forcefully removed them. They were relocated to Oklahoma, but suffered an estimated 4,000 casualties along the way. The Cherokees attempted to protest the Indian Removal Act by filing judicial action against the state of Georgia. The case reached the Supreme Court, and John Marshall ruled in favor of the Cherokee Nation. Marshall stated that the U.S. government had no claim to the Cherokee lands. President Jackson, however, refused to enforce the decision.
Indeed, and so much more. As much as 90% or more of the indigenous population was killed through violence, starvation, purposeful or accidental introduction of disease, and even purposeful destruction of the culture of the people that were here.

This was not inevitable. This was a choice.

And if you believe you own your property, then you must believe that they owned it before you. You canít have it both ways and have your cake and eat it too.

So which is it?

Marduk is offline  
post #101 of 141 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 11:59 AM
Member
 
Marduk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 17,952
Re: The Hidden State in The U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ntnuf View Post
1. You are correct. In all of history, those with the most power took over the land. It will never change. Why do we have a military?
Therefore, if you lose it through immigration and cultural appropriation, you deserved to lose it.

What youíre arguing against is what you are arguing for.

Quote:
2. Nope, you don't understand. This is our land because we took it from others and improved it, however, we do not own it. Even if you don't own the land you live on, you still have to take care of me living on it. You still have to clean up my messes and live with the crimes I commit.
Therefore, the person that improves a thing the best should own it?

I bet I could improve your home as well as you, perhaps better. Therefore it should be mine?

Quote:
3. Extremely? Then give your land back to them and move out of the country. Migrate to your next favorite county. Contact those who fought for this land and complain to them. I didn't do it, so don't take out your anger and frustration on me.
I am very active in the reconciliation process and movement.

I would welcome your support in this.
Marduk is offline  
post #102 of 141 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 12:08 PM
Member
 
2ntnuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 17,837
Re: The Hidden State in The U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
Therefore, if you lose it through immigration and cultural appropriation, you deserved to lose it.

What youíre arguing against is what you are arguing for.



Therefore, the person that improves a thing the best should own it?

I bet I could improve your home as well as you, perhaps better. Therefore it should be mine?



I am very active in the reconciliation process and movement.

I would welcome your support in this.

1. Now you've confused me.

2. Except that the society I live in has laws and those who enforce it. In places like sanctuary cities and states, the laws are ignored by those with the power to enforce them.

3. I believe there are greater opportunities for advancement today than ever. I have been the victim of the movement against white privilege. I don't deserve that and a movement like yours is moving the discrimination and racial profiling from one sector of the population to another. It's directly opposite of what you are trying to accomplish.

"I'm significant!! Screamed the dust speck." - Bill Watterson
"Youth is wasted on the young". - George Bernard Shaw

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2ntnuf is offline  
post #103 of 141 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 12:09 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,834
Re: The Hidden State in The U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ntnuf View Post
Your ideas of better are imaginary and unworkable. Your mind seems like it is brainwashed and you arrogantly assume you know what is best for everyone. Life is not as easy for everyone as it is for you. There is nothing that can be done to change the past. That's delusional. In fact, I've not seen anything you've posted that was realistic. You live, it seems, in a fantasy world of your own making.

I'm sorry you cannot accept reality. I've only shown what reality is. I've only told you what life is really like. It isn't some fantasy you create. I'm sorry you cannot accept that. I hope you will come to the realization that your way is not viable before you do too much more damage to this, the most wonderful nation on earth. I am proud of what we have accomplished. I am proud of how far we have come.

I believe you should take a look at those nations who are not as far as we are and work on them. That would be noteworthy. That would be a real accomplishment, but you don't have the ability. So, you give up on those and pick the low hanging fruit.

Did you know that if we don't stop it, the moon will leave it's orbit around the earth? Better check into that. If it leaves, it will tear away the earth's atmosphere.
Blah blah, ad hominem and strawman.

It is arrogant to assume that health care is a good thing for people? It is arrogant to assume that cleaner more efficient energy is good for people? It is arrogant to say that a living wage is good for people?

I would argue that it is arrogant to think that some deserve that and others do not.

Is there evidence we are pushing the moon out of orbit? If so, maybe we should address that.
Tasorundo is online now  
post #104 of 141 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Forum Supporter
 
SunCMars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Where have all the friends gone? Where is Red Dog? Why is the Red Queen raising an army?
Posts: 11,394
Re: The Hidden State in The U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAgirl912 View Post
I am curious though (since you suggested I move to find a job).. why didnít/doesnít this poor family living in their car just move to a more affordable state? $2600 for rent sounds absurd to me.. lol, they could come out East and get them a double wide for $1000 or less a month, or a single wide for $500. But seriously theyíre trying to live in one of the most expensive states, why? Just thinking out loud.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I thought 'this', also.

Go where the jobs are.

The thing is...

When you live in your van, that limits you to warmer states!

And, where one goes, all go. It would require that they build up a nest egg. It would also require that they do research, see where jobs go vacant and housing is available.

These things take nerve, and take a certain level of smarts.
They are afraid, I would imagine.

This....This is the nub of the stick that pokes me in the eye when the light of day energizes my optic nerve....SunCMars.... The Allegory of the Cave--> On this, I did a '180' and stepped out. The Lion in Winter. Invictus..By Will, Shall.
The Host, Rd is ill, any years left, remain now, in doubt? Red Dog is now lost to us.
SunCMars is offline  
post #105 of 141 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 12:27 PM
Member
 
Marduk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 17,952
Re: The Hidden State in The U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ntnuf View Post
1. Now you've confused me.
Iím also posting on my phone, so I may not be articulating myself well.

If you argue that indigenous Americans did not exist, and can therefore be displaced, then your argument can be extended to say that naturalized Americans also do not exist and can therefore be displaced.

If youíre arguing that cultural destruction is inevitable by those capable of destroying it, therefore itís a naturally good thing to do, then if ďimmigrationĒ is destroying your country, then I would argue theyíre doing the same the colonialism did.

Quote:
2. Except that the society I live in has laws and those who enforce it. In places like sanctuary cities and states, the laws are ignored by those with the power to enforce them.
Did DACA not exist legally?

Quote:
3. I believe there are greater opportunities for advancement today than ever. I have been the victim of the movement against white privilege. I don't deserve that and a movement like yours is moving the discrimination and racial profiling from one sector of the population to another. It's directly opposite of what you are trying to accomplish.
Thatís not an argument. The people I work with arenít focused on economic reconciliation. Theyíre focused on cultural reconciliation, with a heavy emphasis on being seen and understood. To be safe in their own culture and traditions and to be safe together. To work together instead of working apart.

And if youíre victimized by your loss of privilege, how are you a victim by becoming equal?
Marduk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome