The Impeachment of Donald John Trump - Page 6 - Talk About Marriage
Politics This is the place to discuss politics

User Tag List

 543Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #76 of 534 (permalink) Old 12-20-2019, 10:00 AM
Member
 
VladDracul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Southeast USA
Posts: 3,745
Re: The Impeachment of Donald John Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasorundo View Post
She didn’t say they have been working on impeachment for 2.5 years, she said there have been investigations for 2.5 years. It’s being twisted to mean impeachment but she said Mueller investigation started 2.5 years ago.

Tas, this is a better way to explain what she meant.





Hey, I didn't say we've been constructing the building for the last two and a half years.
I said we've been working on its foundation the last two and a half years.




-


"The facts have never mattered less than they do today. We're living in a time where the truth has been so diminished in value, even those at the top of government (and the media) are quite comfortable with the truth being whatever they can convince people to believe",
Raymond Reddington.
VladDracul is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #77 of 534 (permalink) Old 12-20-2019, 11:20 AM
Member
 
Yeswecan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,988
Re: The Impeachment of Donald John Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasorundo View Post
She didn’t say they have been working on impeachment for 2.5 years, she said there have been investigations for 2.5 years. It’s being twisted to mean impeachment but she said Mueller investigation started 2.5 years ago.
Investigating 2.5 years to find issues that they deem impeachable. Sorry, they damn well were working on impeachment for 2.5 years. Any other president been investigated for 2.5 years for the hell of it? What a crock.

“You're painfully alive in a drugged and dying culture.”
― Richard Yates, Revolutionary Road
Yeswecan is offline  
post #78 of 534 (permalink) Old 12-20-2019, 11:33 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,434
Re: The Impeachment of Donald John Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextTimeAround View Post
No, where's the link?
Google it. It is on multiple news sites.
karole is offline  
 
post #79 of 534 (permalink) Old 12-20-2019, 11:35 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 22,721
Re: The Impeachment of Donald John Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextTimeAround View Post


I suspect not, I think as the article points out as long as Trump loads the federal courts with enough judges it is possible that they ban abortion and same sex marriage. This of course is a hope that will not likely bear fruit.

I’m pretty sure come November 2020, the evangelical support for Trump will be as it was in 2016. Morals be damned, evangelical community cares little about their leaders personal character, as long as they simply see the other side (Democrats) as pure evil, no gray area. Let’s not forget, a lot of liberal Democrats view any politician with an R after their name the same, the enemy. Is this not the underlying problem and where we all run to our ideological corners? There is little impartiality in our thoughts.

I do think that is best discussed in a separate thread. I do find it an interesting topic.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ikaika is offline  
post #80 of 534 (permalink) Old 12-20-2019, 11:35 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,834
Re: The Impeachment of Donald John Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeswecan View Post
Investigating 2.5 years to find issues that they deem impeachable. Sorry, they damn well were working on impeachment for 2.5 years. Any other president been investigated for 2.5 years for the hell of it? What a crock.
Hillary had been investigated for 20 years, so yeah, poor Trump and his 2.5 years, unprecedented witch hunt and all that.
Tasorundo is offline  
post #81 of 534 (permalink) Old 12-20-2019, 11:37 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: thinking outside the box, its quiet here
Posts: 922
Re: The Impeachment of Donald John Trump

After the Muller investigation for collusion with Russia.

I don't think President Trump would ask for help with political rival
on a phone call which he knows is being monitored, Sneaky people
usually don't do things that are very obvious. They may hide in the
basement, or misuse the FISA court system.

TDS is real and when the articles of impeachment passed Nancy Pelosi
had to stop the applause from the Democrats. ( Watch the video ) Now
they want to run things in the Senate. Impeachment cries since day one.
Now they have their articles of impeachment. Take them to the Senate unless
they feel their case is weak. This is what they have been talking about now
proceed!!

They didn't want to wait on the next election,what are they waiting on now ?
The American people are waiting on the next election.

Never place anyone on a pedestal it hurts more when they fall off
sa58 is offline  
post #82 of 534 (permalink) Old 12-20-2019, 11:41 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Robberbaron F.house
Posts: 400
Re: The Impeachment of Donald John Trump

I think it's great. If they can impeach a president just for getting a blow job seems like contacting a foreign government to investigate US citizens instead of using US systems is a no brainer.
2&out is offline  
post #83 of 534 (permalink) Old 12-20-2019, 11:44 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: thinking outside the box, its quiet here
Posts: 922
Re: The Impeachment of Donald John Trump

When the Democrats get voted out in 2020.
If they ask what happened, hand them a mirror.


If they want to beat Trump get someone who doesn't
just promise free stuff. No Socialism

Never place anyone on a pedestal it hurts more when they fall off
sa58 is offline  
post #84 of 534 (permalink) Old 12-20-2019, 11:58 AM
Forum Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 7,269
Re: The Impeachment of Donald John Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillSearching View Post
@Marduk ...impartiality? really?

So Pelosi says "We have been working on this for the past 2 1/2 years."
The So Called crime took place in June of 2019.
How do you work on something that won't happen for the next 30 months?

It's terrible sham.
Wile E. Pelosi has admitted that the Democrats have time travel!

Always remember the LD motto: "Sex isn't important!!!"
tech-novelist is offline  
post #85 of 534 (permalink) Old 12-20-2019, 11:59 AM
Member
 
Bibi1031's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: texas
Posts: 2,576
Re: The Impeachment of Donald John Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasorundo View Post
Hillary had been investigated for 20 years, so yeah, poor Trump and his 2.5 years, unprecedented witch hunt and all that.
We need to remember that we live in a time and age where all is fair in love and war. This politicians are public figures and investigating them is probably a very good thing. Us regular folks now have the opportunity to really see how the folks that lead our government truly are, warts and all. Maybe, just maybe, we now can actually cast our votes with no hidden cards from us. Maybe now we can make better decisions on who to put in our 3 branches of government and not just listen to what certain individuals pay the mass media to feed us their **** sandwiches. There are folks out there that are legit and won't get bought by dirty money deals!

The Clintons are bad news. Trump isn't the greatest either. America and the world knows this. Many senators and representatives are shady as hell too. We now have tools to not be fooled by any of these political rats!

Let's not forget that power corrupts. Even the most ethical and decent of folks can become corrupted in the blink of an eye. It behooves the American people to remain wide eyed and vigilant as to who we give the power to govern OUR republic!


Good things come to those who wait...greater things come to those who get off their a$$ and do anything to make it happen.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bibi1031 is offline  
post #86 of 534 (permalink) Old 12-20-2019, 12:02 PM
Forum Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 7,269
Re: The Impeachment of Donald John Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibi1031 View Post
We need to remember that we live in a time and age where all is fair in love and war. This politicians are public figures and investigating them is probably a very good thing. Us regular folks now have the opportunity to really see how the folks that lead our government truly are, warts and all. Maybe, just maybe, we now can actually cast our votes with no hidden cards from us. Maybe now we can make better decisions on who to put in our 3 branches of government and not just listen to what certain individuals pay the mass media to feed us their **** sandwiches. There are folks out there that are legit and won't get bought by dirty money deals!

The Clintons are bad news. Trump isn't the greatest either. America and the world knows this. Many senators and representatives are shady as hell too. We now have tools to not be fooled by any of these political rats!

Let's not forget that power corrupts. Even the most ethical and decent of folks can become corrupted in the blink of an eye. It behooves the American people to remain wide eyed and vigilant as to who we give the power to govern OUR republic!
I agree with all of this other than the statement that Trump isn't the greatest either.

Of all Presidents in my lifetime, he is absolutely the best.

That includes the fact that he hasn't violated the Constitution a single time in any way that anyone can demonstrate... unlike pretty much every other President I've lived under.

Always remember the LD motto: "Sex isn't important!!!"
tech-novelist is offline  
post #87 of 534 (permalink) Old 12-20-2019, 12:19 PM
Member
 
Bibi1031's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: texas
Posts: 2,576
Re: The Impeachment of Donald John Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech-novelist View Post
I agree with all of this other than the statement that Trump isn't the greatest either.

Of all Presidents in my lifetime, he is absolutely the best.

That includes the fact that he hasn't violated the Constitution a single time in any way that anyone can demonstrate... unlike pretty much every other President I've lived under.
It is great that we can agree to disagree. For me, a president can't be shady in anything he does in his personal, business, and most certainly while he represents us as leader of this great country. We need to request more outstanding leaders in every aspect of their lives. We are settling for so little and giving less than decent politicians too much power that goes way over their heads and only inflates their already big, hungry egos because they have the means to bulldoze their opponents with shady deals, lies and hyperbole.

Good things come to those who wait...greater things come to those who get off their a$$ and do anything to make it happen.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bibi1031 is offline  
post #88 of 534 (permalink) Old 12-20-2019, 12:57 PM
Member
 
Marduk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 17,952
Re: The Impeachment of Donald John Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillSearching View Post
@Marduk ...impartiality? really?

So Pelosi says "We have been working on this for the past 2 1/2 years."
The So Called crime took place in June of 2019.
How do you work on something that won't happen for the next 30 months?

It's terrible sham.
They took vows.

They plan on breaking them. And yet you think it’s ok. I guess that says a lot about the importance of someone’s word to you.

The ethics here are simple. He deserves a fair trial, but he won’t get one.

Because if he did, he’d be found guilty.

Last edited by Marduk; 12-20-2019 at 01:03 PM.
Marduk is offline  
post #89 of 534 (permalink) Old 12-20-2019, 01:15 PM
Member
 
Marduk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 17,952
Re: The Impeachment of Donald John Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr The Other View Post
Just to be clear, I am speaking of a general example of human experience, not my own experience.
As was I - that was not directed at you. I was simply extending your anecdote.
Marduk is offline  
post #90 of 534 (permalink) Old 12-20-2019, 02:08 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 170
Re: The Impeachment of Donald John Trump

Marduke,

Yes, there are two charges. However, neither article of impeachment alleges a federal crime. There is no specific crimes mentioned. Perhaps you should read them again and let us know what specific crimes are being mentioned.
OlderAndWiser is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome