Political Dual citizenship - Talk About Marriage
Politics This is the place to discuss politics

User Tag List

 75Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 126 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
red oak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 1,372
Political Dual citizenship

Not much of one for politics.

Seeing so many complaints lately, and not being into party politics, got curious how those in the house, and senate holding dual citizenship vote in comparison to laws of their home country.

I find it odd; of those Iíve had time to purview so far; the staunchest anti-2nd amendment advocates, and pro-immigration advocates hold dual citizenship.

If one agrees with the laws of a home country why take the opposite tact in a country of which they are basically a guest??? Hmmmm.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The only difference between 'propaganda' and 'education,' really, is in the point of view. The advocacy of what we believe in is education. The advocacy of what we don't believe in is propaganda.-Edward Bernays
red oak is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 126 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 01:39 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,721
Re: Political Dual citizenship

Quote:
Originally Posted by red oak View Post
which they are basically a guest??? Hmmmm.
Misstate the truth much?
Tasorundo is online now  
post #3 of 126 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 01:57 PM
Member
 
Marduk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 17,610
Re: Political Dual citizenship

Quote:
Originally Posted by red oak View Post
Not much of one for politics.

Seeing so many complaints lately, and not being into party politics, got curious how those in the house, and senate holding dual citizenship vote in comparison to laws of their home country.

I find it odd; of those Iíve had time to purview so far; the staunchest anti-2nd amendment advocates, and pro-immigration advocates hold dual citizenship.

If one agrees with the laws of a home country why take the opposite tact in a country of which they are basically a guest??? Hmmmm.
If you're a citizen, you're not a "guest." It quite literally is your country.
Marduk is offline  
 
post #4 of 126 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
red oak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 1,372
Re: Political Dual citizenship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
If you're a citizen, you're not a "guest." It quite literally is your country.
Hard to post anything today. Already posted once.
@Tasorundo you guys going to go after semantics or address the topic?
Last I have to say on semantics.

If someone immigrates to a foreign country, until they are a citizen they are a guest.

Once naturalized if they participated in voting in country of origin they at one time lost u.s. citizenship.

By maintaining dual loyalties, voting in senate on appropriations which benefits their country of origin, or while voting for candidates in their home countries supporting the opposite they do here shows they never intended to leave home country therefore they are still a guest regardless of what American citizenship shows.

For sake of discussion Let’s just call it a guest political office citizenship!

Can’t really call it a guest worker visa cause they ain’t really working! LOL

ETA: I would think it would be a little disconcerting so many in the upper echelons of government, and to cabinet members hold dual citizenships.

I’ve looked at the way dual citizens politicians have voted on international issues over the years first I really paid much attention to their stand on current hot button issues


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The only difference between 'propaganda' and 'education,' really, is in the point of view. The advocacy of what we believe in is education. The advocacy of what we don't believe in is propaganda.-Edward Bernays

Last edited by red oak; 01-13-2020 at 03:00 PM.
red oak is online now  
post #5 of 126 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 02:56 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,721
Re: Political Dual citizenship

How about we call it what it is: Dual citizenship that is 100% as valid as your single one.

If you don't like dual citizenships, perhaps you should move to a country that doesn't allow it. Isn't that was the MAGA people always say?

Also, it isn's semantics, it is a prejudice that you are showing while you invalidate the position of people who hold dual citizenships as being less than someone that doesn't.

Last edited by Tasorundo; 01-13-2020 at 03:03 PM.
Tasorundo is online now  
post #6 of 126 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 02:58 PM
Member
 
GTdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,351
Re: Political Dual citizenship

Who are we talking about, specifically?
GTdad is offline  
post #7 of 126 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
red oak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 1,372
Re: Political Dual citizenship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasorundo View Post
How about we call it what it is: Dual citizenship that is 100% as valid as your single one.

If you don't like dual citizenships, perhaps you should move to a country that doesn't allow it. Isn't that was the MAGA people always say?

Also, it is semantics, it is a prejudice that you are showing while you invalidate the position of people who hold dual citizenships as being less than someone that doesn't.
Ever heard the phrase: seek first to understand; then to be understood?

Canít do that when have emotional knee jerk reactions. And/or donít know the history of how it came to be.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The only difference between 'propaganda' and 'education,' really, is in the point of view. The advocacy of what we believe in is education. The advocacy of what we don't believe in is propaganda.-Edward Bernays
red oak is online now  
post #8 of 126 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 03:07 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,721
Re: Political Dual citizenship

I do not care to understand what you have to say if you think people having dual citizenship is the problem.

Also, did you seek to understand why they might feel they way they do about this or that? Or did you just label them as dual citizenship anti-gun pro-immigrant?

Maybe they have deep beliefs and convictions that determine how they choose to vote and where they choose to be legally allowed to have dual citizenship.
Tasorundo is online now  
post #9 of 126 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 03:14 PM
Member
 
Marduk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 17,610
Re: Political Dual citizenship

Quote:
Originally Posted by red oak View Post
Hard to post anything today. Already posted once.
@Tasorundo you guys going to go after semantics or address the topic?
Last I have to say on semantics.

If someone immigrates to a foreign country, until they are a citizen they are a guest.

Once naturalized if they participated in voting in country of origin they at one time lost u.s. citizenship.

By maintaining dual loyalties, voting in senate on appropriations which benefits their country of origin, or while voting for candidates in their home countries supporting the opposite they do here shows they never intended to leave home country therefore they are still a guest regardless of what American citizenship shows.

For sake of discussion Letís just call it a guest political office citizenship!

Canít really call it a guest worker visa cause they ainít really working! LOL

ETA: I would think it would be a little disconcerting so many in the upper echelons of government, and to cabinet members hold dual citizenships.

Iíve looked at the way dual citizens politicians have voted on international issues over the years first I really paid much attention to their stand on current hot button issues
I don't have dual citizenship, but my wife and children do. Her loyalties aren't divided at all, and in fact, her ancestral home wants her to be a citizen to help inform the votes there from a western perspective.

Meaning, they invite her input. Which is what a country should do... for it's citizens, that literally collectively own that country.

America is not owned by it's government. It's owned by it's citizens. You just let your government run it.

This is also why xenophobia and isolationist policies ultimately do not work. Inbreeding happens with ideas as much as it does genetics.
Marduk is offline  
post #10 of 126 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
red oak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 1,372
Re: Political Dual citizenship

My information came from due diligence researching foreign newspapers of countries. That is, foreign papers quoting politicians themselves, or stating said countries views, and watching politicians themselves claim it.
And as this seems itís going to be such a hot button issue I think I better let it drop.

I have no desire to get into irrational discussions.
I can see where this is going to go as itís already triggering leading to unfounded knee jerk claims, and will probably only get worse.
Anyone want to know they need to learn how to start researching papers of some home countries.
I thought perhaps it would be better known.
Im out.
Peace.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The only difference between 'propaganda' and 'education,' really, is in the point of view. The advocacy of what we believe in is education. The advocacy of what we don't believe in is propaganda.-Edward Bernays
red oak is online now  
post #11 of 126 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 04:07 PM
Member
 
Red Sonja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,527
Re: Political Dual citizenship

@Tasorundo and @Marduk are both adept at shutting down political discussions they do not like.

@Tasorundo uses emotional over-reaction to things you did not say (or post).

@Marduk uses black & white thinking, with a side of subtle name-calling. Of the two, he is at least more polite about it.

Nice job guys, all the man did was ask a question and you come at him guns blazing.
Red Sonja is online now  
post #12 of 126 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 04:32 PM
Member
 
GTdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,351
Re: Political Dual citizenship

I would have been happy to engage if I knew what congresspeople with dual-citizenship we were talking about.
GTdad is offline  
post #13 of 126 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 04:32 PM
Member
 
Cletus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 6,087
Re: Political Dual citizenship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Sonja View Post
Nice job guys, all the man did was ask a question and you come at him guns blazing.
Have you stopped beating your wife yet?

Just askin'...
Cletus is online now  
post #14 of 126 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 04:40 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,721
Re: Political Dual citizenship

Yes and @Red Sonja is always right and never misreads anything.

@red oak is always the smartest person in the room and has researched everything more than everyone else. If you ever question him you will get a word salad of the highest order.



What was the question? Why are dual citizenship politicians anti-constitution? Why are they unamerican? Why are people with dual citizenship allowed to be here?

What is it we want to know? What is to be gained by lumping a group of unrelated people together, because of a similar circumstance that can have a million different reasons?
Tasorundo is online now  
post #15 of 126 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 06:03 PM
Member
 
Marduk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 17,610
Re: Political Dual citizenship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Sonja View Post
@Tasorundo and @Marduk are both adept at shutting down political discussions they do not like.

@Tasorundo uses emotional over-reaction to things you did not say (or post).

@Marduk uses black & white thinking, with a side of subtle name-calling. Of the two, he is at least more polite about it.

Nice job guys, all the man did was ask a question and you come at him guns blazing.
Ok, let's restart the debate then. What's the issue with dual citizenship?
Marduk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome